Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Feb 26, 2020, 01:28 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default New Indiana Jones

Guy's got a pedigree at this point... not too concerned.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/s...rd-1203515698/

Quote:
Sources say, while a deal hasn’t closed, “Ford v Ferrari” director James Mangold is in talks to take the job. Mangold has been put in this situation before when he took over the “Wolverine” franchise; 2017’s “Logan” was a blockbuster, grossing $619 million globally, and earning Mangold an Oscar nomination for adapted screenplay.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2020, 02:27 PM   #2
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I'll take "franchises that don't need any more sequels" for $1000, Alex.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2020, 02:57 PM   #3
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
I'll take "franchises that don't need any more sequels" for $1000, Alex.

Yeah, but I'll watch it as I get the feeling Harrison Ford is on one last swing through making movies and such.

Echo Chamber - "an environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered."

This is considered trolling and a personal attack according to Curio. FYI in case you decide to step in there. I wonder if the definition of irony is known...
AdelphiaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 26, 2020, 03:02 PM   #4
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I find this type of thing sad. The time for proper sequels was back in the 90s, when Ford was of reasonable age.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2020, 03:05 PM   #5
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
I find this type of thing sad. The time for proper sequels was back in the 90s, when Ford was of reasonable age.

I'm thinking that he's just going to pull a Logan... let Indiana Jones go out in style.

Old Feb 26, 2020, 03:10 PM   #6
Athena
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Athena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post
I'm thinking that he's just going to pull a Logan... let Indiana Jones go out in style.
Will they have the scene like Professor X with Indy on the toilet needing help so he does no fall off?

Logan was great because they treated Logan's and the Professors age with respect. I am guessing they try to still make Indy an action star like Picard.

Biden noted in his reply that the COVID-19 cure “will make the problem worse, no matter what.”
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2020, 04:02 PM   #7
koralis
Radeon 5850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Will they have the scene like Professor X with Indy on the toilet needing help so he does no fall off?

Logan was great because they treated Logan's and the Professors age with respect. I am guessing they try to still make Indy an action star like Picard.

The director in question is the same guy that did Logan. Why pick him? My guess is for precisely that reason.

Old Feb 27, 2020, 06:20 AM   #8
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Yup, like the last Terminator movie, they'll be killing off the main character and introducing the new 'Jones' to continue the series.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 06:30 AM   #9
globalist
Rage3D Veteran

globalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyglobalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Yup, like the last Terminator movie, they'll be killing off the main character and introducing the new 'Jones' to continue the series.
I believe they introduced a new Jones in Indy IV already. Or is Shia not woke enough?
globalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2020, 08:42 AM   #10
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
And like the last terminator they'll probably recycle the story from one of the earlier films that isnt indiana jones 4, bring on female leads and set them up to take over the franchise by the end of the film.

4 certainly did not do that....unless they planned for Indy going into space or something....
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2020, 10:46 AM   #11
Athena
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Athena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post
The director in question is the same guy that did Logan. Why pick him? My guess is for precisely that reason.
Whoa, I totally missed that because I was in a mood over Kennedy. Now I have hope again. Thank you!

Biden noted in his reply that the COVID-19 cure “will make the problem worse, no matter what.”
Old Feb 27, 2020, 10:51 AM   #12
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalist View Post
I believe they introduced a new Jones in Indy IV already. Or is Shia not woke enough?
I think he went off his rocker for a bit. I doubt he'll be in this, but who knows until they start filming.

Echo Chamber - "an environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered."

This is considered trolling and a personal attack according to Curio. FYI in case you decide to step in there. I wonder if the definition of irony is known...
AdelphiaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2020, 10:52 AM   #13
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

If Mangold gets it, I'll have a small semblance of hope that it will be good.

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull ruined all hope for me. If they have another scene like Shia LaBeouf swinging through the trees on vines with the CGI monkeys - I'm burning the theater down.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 10:52 AM   #14
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Rumor has it that Adam Driver will be the next Indy.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 10:58 AM   #15
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Oh gawd
Old Feb 27, 2020, 11:51 AM   #16
Athena
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Rumor has it that Adam Driver will be the next Indy.
Cool he will be able to reach over his back and pull his whip out of the nether world!!

Or not

Old Feb 27, 2020, 12:12 PM   #17
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Cool he will be able to reach over his back and pull his whip out of the nether world!!

Or not
It'll be a 3 headed whip, 1 long main whip and 2 smaller side whips.... the 2 smaller whip hopefully doenst smack him in the face when he swats it.

Also, Daisy Ridley should be the heroine in distress or joins in his adventure.
And John Boyega can be his sidekick!

Indiana Jones and the Rise of the Sky Forces.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2020, 03:07 PM   #18
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
If Mangold gets it, I'll have a small semblance of hope that it will be good.

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull ruined all hope for me. If they have another scene like Shia LaBeouf swinging through the trees on vines with the CGI monkeys - I'm burning the theater down.
If the franchise survived Temple of Doom it can survive Crystal Skulls. Between the 2, Crystal Skulls is a WAAAAAY better movie.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2020, 03:12 PM   #19
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
If the franchise survived Temple of Doom it can survive Crystal Skulls. Between the 2, Crystal Skulls is a WAAAAAY better movie.
Agreed. I really didn't like ToD. I've owned the first trilogy on DVD since the late 90s and I've never watched ToD. As far as I'm concerned, RotLA and Last Crusade are the only good movies in that franchise. Crystal Skull wasn't terrible but it was completely forgettable.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 03:18 PM   #20
koralis
Radeon 5850

Quote:
Agreed. I really didn't like ToD. I've owned the first trilogy on DVD since the late 90s and I've never watched ToD. As far as I'm concerned, RotLA and Last Crusade are the only good movies in that franchise. Crystal Skull wasn't terrible but it was completely forgettable.
Yep. I think nostalgia just made people conveniently forget the crappyness of Temple O'Doom and simultaneously bash Crystal Skull. Crystal Skull was meh, but it wasn't bad. I think people just resented the idea of replacing jones with this little jerk.

Old Feb 27, 2020, 03:28 PM   #21
curio
𐐒ananaD

ToD sucked but not even close to the suckiness of swinging Shia and aliens. After CS, South Park made an episode of Indy getting raped for a reason.

Audiences agree with me too - ToD 81% on RT, CS 54% - not even in the same ballpark. Crystal Skull was by far the worst of the franchise.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 03:33 PM   #22
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post

ToD sucked but not even close to the suckiness of swinging Shia and aliens. After CS, South Park made an episode of Indy getting raped for a reason.

Audiences agree with me too - ToD 81% on RT, CS 54% - not even in the same ballpark. Crystal Skull was by far the worst of the franchise.
I think the problem is that I can't forget that I went in to ToD with very high expectations. After all, it was a sequel to one of the best movies of all time (IMO). I was sorely disappointed and that sticks with me. By contrast, I went in to Crystal Skull with very low expectations and wasn't surprised or disappointed. It was blah, and yes, had some very stupid moments.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 03:34 PM   #23
curio
𐐒ananaD

Good point I think expectations always has something to do with it.

I went into CS with high expectations.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 04:39 PM   #24
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

It would make "hollywood sense" for the next indy to be a woman. Indiana is a fairly gender neutral name and it's pretty much the thing to do these days when you bring back franchises. In fact I'd be surprised if the next indy was a male.

Boofhead is not coming back.

Quote:
Shia LaBeouf with saying that he'd heard nothing about the film and that "Those people really didn't like me" in reference to his relationship with Lucasfilm Ltd.
Mutt Williams had a sister, but since they already did the child thing with boofhead, I think they'll go another route.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2020, 06:30 PM   #25
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
It would make "hollywood sense" for the next indy to be a woman. Indiana is a fairly gender neutral name and it's pretty much the thing to do these days when you bring back franchises. In fact I'd be surprised if the next indy was a male.

Boofhead is not coming back.

Mutt Williams had a sister, but since they already did the child thing with boofhead, I think they'll go another route.
Indiana Jones' father should also be played by a woman!

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro