Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Sep 10, 2019, 07:38 AM   #16441
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

It Ch. 2. 7/10. I don't remember Richie being gay and in love with Eddie in the book. Was he, or is this just Hollywood doing some rainbow pandering?
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2019, 08:14 AM   #16442
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Paprika (2006) - 6/10

I couldn't really focus on the movie so it was a little strange for me. I'll probably watch it again when I can completely dedicate time to it as it has a lot of good reviews.
Mahjik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2019, 09:35 AM   #16443
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
Paprika (2006) - 6/10

I couldn't really focus on the movie so it was a little strange for me. I'll probably watch it again when I can completely dedicate time to it as it has a lot of good reviews.
Too bad it is one of the greatest movies of all time. But almost every moment of the movie means something so you have to pay attention and think on several layers. It has beautiful music and is fun to look at as well on good AV systems. If you do not care for it stay away from Perfect Blue and Millennium Actress. All of them take a lot of attention and thinking to get the most out of them. Great stuff, mind candy of the highest order for sure.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 11, 2019, 03:33 PM   #16444
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
very bold statement there. you're probably the first person i've heard claiming that.
I don't know. Maybe I just liked seeing the older cast. Pennywise was crazier in this movie too (which I liked).

Also, watched Child's Play (2019) yesterday. It was alright at best. Much prefer the original Child's Play movies.
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100 with 2 x Scythe GentleTyphoon 1850 rpm fans | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2019, 10:50 PM   #16445
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
I don't know. Maybe I just liked seeing the older cast. Pennywise was crazier in this movie too (which I liked).

Also, watched Child's Play (2019) yesterday. It was alright at best. Much prefer the original Child's Play movies.
fair enough. yeah, they have some all-star names there for the adults portion of the story.

The original child's play was I think the first scary movie I saw when we came to canada, and that was also one of the first nights i was home alone. didn't get much sleeping done i was probably 8 or 9.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2019, 08:29 AM   #16446
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

IT Ch. 2 - 8/10, thought it was excellent.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2019, 05:13 PM   #16447
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
fair enough. yeah, they have some all-star names there for the adults portion of the story.

The original child's play was I think the first scary movie I saw when we came to canada, and that was also one of the first nights i was home alone. didn't get much sleeping done i was probably 8 or 9.
I love the original Child's Play movies. I too watched them first when I was really young (8-9 years old). I loved horror since I was young and still do even though I find older movies being usually better than the stuff out these days.
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100 with 2 x Scythe GentleTyphoon 1850 rpm fans | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Old Sep 13, 2019, 10:15 PM   #16448
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Watched SMFFH again. Quite a solid movie tbh.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2019, 10:20 PM   #16449
necropimp
666 Flavors

necropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird sings

Friday the 13th

because... well... today
Old Yesterday, 02:24 AM   #16450
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Good Boys

It was alright. They definitely copied quite a bit from Super Bad. Just like a lesser quality version of that.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:39 AM   #16451
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Watched SMFFH again. Quite a solid movie tbh.
I need to see it again. It started a bit iffy, but got good toward the middle, then ended really well. So far, I think Homecoming was overall a better showing. Though both are solid and deserve a place in my small movie library.
jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:40 PM   #16452
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Aladdin (2019) - 8/10

Well done Disney, well done.
Old Yesterday, 03:27 PM   #16453
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Just watched Haunt (2019). It's about a group of friends who go visit a haunted house tour (the "theme park" ones) but things get a little too real there. The premise might sound familiar but this movie was great! It's written and directed by the same people who wrote A Quiet Place. I also have to add that the sound design and mix were awesome, especially considering the movie's (low) budget. It's out on streaming services.
Old Yesterday, 06:35 PM   #16454
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Childs Play (2019) - 5/10
Nascar24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:49 PM   #16455
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird sings

the dead don't die
i died of boredom
2/10

Spiderman FFH 7/10
Old Today, 12:10 AM   #16456
UberBeavis
This is SO much fun!!!!

UberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Darktown Strutters- you can watch this on Amazon Prime now.

It's a definite product of it's times (1975)

See more of my horrible photos, and a few good ones here.
UberBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:45 AM   #16457
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Beyond the Sky (2018) - 4/10

Starts off good, but then keeps going downhill (until it really falls flat at the end).

The Thousand Faces of Dunjia (2017) - 6.5/10

Not bad! Reminds me of a modern version of some of the old 80's fantasy martial arts movies.
Old Today, 10:53 AM   #16458
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Dark Knight. 9/10.
Dark Knight Rises. 7/10.

I think this is the tenth time I am watching these movies.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:05 PM   #16459
ElBerryKM13
Radeon Evergreen

ElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Whiplash 9/10. Woah what an ending. Superb movie

Wild tales 10/10 Refreshing ideas were put into this movie along with good acting. A must watch in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Dark Knight. 9/10.
Dark Knight Rises. 7/10.

I think this is the tenth time I am watching these movies.

Dark Knight is my favorite movie of all time. I've watched it like 10 times in english and spanish
Old Today, 06:11 PM   #16460
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Childs Play (2019) - 5/10
i give it 4/10 for the dumb origin story of Chucky in the new movie.