Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Distributed Computing (Team Rage3D)
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Distributed Computing (Team Rage3D) Home of the Team Rage3D [email protected] project. Get [email protected] info, download information, and details on how to join the Team. Team Rage3D progress updates posted here daily.

Old Dec 17, 2007, 06:41 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Mmm_Beefy
Radeon Southern Islands

Mmm_Beefy is still being judged by the masses

Thumbs down stupid fedex, stupid frys, stupid holiday traffic

my X3220 arrived here in houston at 2:30ish this morning, and it wont be here till tomorrow (tuesday)

i purchased another Gigabyte GA p35 DS3L like whats in my current rig now from fry's, earlier this week, and it was dead. so i managed to return it today but they didnt have one for me to exchange for, and they where out of the similar priced IP35-E. all the next model up Gigabyte p35's where all openbox as well

so i had to dole out another chunk of change and got an IP35 Pro.. it was either that or the Asus p5kc... and i just didnt care for that particular board.

so when i get the cpu tomorrow i'm gonna put the IP35 pro in my current box, and move the Gigabyte DS3L Q6600 into the server. and run the X3220/ip35 pro in my box.

also the only Corsair HX520 they had was openbox, and i couldnt/wouldnt shell out the $170 for the HX620, so i got a PC Power and Cooling 610 watt power supply for the server.

all this for team64 though so its well worth it imo... i plan on getting the server up and running tomorrow as soon as i get the cpu, and get linux on the box. then hopefully really start gaining in points/WU's.
goal after the holidays.... APC's for all the computers so i can have uninterrupted folding!

cheers and Fold on!
wow alow bunch of nood who dont know what the **** they talking about 1 you need to sleep atlist 8:30 hours and who the **** drinks Neutrament for break fast ? its only for help to recovery protein will not gona make you get big protein jast help you recover you muscle and you need to eat breakfast then after 2 hours drink 40 g of protein in 2 hours eat lunch then agen in 2 hours eat some frots whit yugurs or milk go to gym before work out drink some creatine i can even sogest you TRACK is the best in marke after work out rush home emedatle drink 40 grams of protein shake whit fruts bannans and some apples and strobery or some fruets that you like and then after 40 minuts eat dinner that is my single day work out and food that i eat write now iam 210 pounds 23% fat my bench is 300 for 3rep max my deadleaft is 470 punds for 4 reps max my shuads is top 28o for 8 reps

C2Q Q6600 @ 3ghz
Zalman 9700 cooler
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
4x1gig Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800
Geforce 7300 128meg
1x500gig WD Caviar
Liteon CDRW
Antec P180 case
Xubuntu 32bit

Abit IP35-E
C2Q Q6600 B3 @3ghz
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 pro
4Gigs 2x1 Crucial Ballistix 2x1gig Corsair Valuselect
EVGA 8800 GTS 640meg
1x 250gig WD Caviar
Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS
NEC DVD/RW
Monsoon MM-700 2.1 speakers (old but man do they rock)
WinXP sp2

Windows is easier than Linux, just like crapping your pants is easier than going to the bathroom.
Fold for Rage... and women will find you sexy
Mmm_Beefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2007, 07:10 PM   #2
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

That IP35 and X3220 is going to be a monster folder, you're gonna love
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2007, 08:25 PM   #3
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman-jim View Post
That IP35 and X3220 is going to be a monster folder, you're gonna love
A reliable source concurs.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 18, 2007, 02:28 PM   #4
Mmm_Beefy
Radeon Southern Islands

its here! my x3220 JUST arrived..
but i'm gonna run out and buy a better case for the server...
my ppd's suffering right now due to the tinkering i've been doing on my main pc.

cant wait to get back home and install this bad boy... i think i have JUST enough AS5 to do one more cpu

cheers lupine
wow alow bunch of nood who dont know what the **** they talking about 1 you need to sleep atlist 8:30 hours and who the **** drinks Neutrament for break fast ? its only for help to recovery protein will not gona make you get big protein jast help you recover you muscle and you need to eat breakfast then after 2 hours drink 40 g of protein in 2 hours eat lunch then agen in 2 hours eat some frots whit yugurs or milk go to gym before work out drink some creatine i can even sogest you TRACK is the best in marke after work out rush home emedatle drink 40 grams of protein shake whit fruts bannans and some apples and strobery or some fruets that you like and then after 40 minuts eat dinner that is my single day work out and food that i eat write now iam 210 pounds 23% fat my bench is 300 for 3rep max my deadleaft is 470 punds for 4 reps max my shuads is top 28o for 8 reps

C2Q Q6600 @ 3ghz
Zalman 9700 cooler
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
Geforce 7300 128meg
1x500gig WD Caviar
Liteon CDRW
Antec P180 case
Xubuntu 32bit

Abit IP35-E
C2Q Q6600 B3 @3ghz
EVGA 8800 GTS 640meg
1x 250gig WD Caviar
Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS
NEC DVD/RW
WinXP sp2

Windows is easier than Linux, just like crapping your pants is easier than going to the bathroom.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 02:37 PM   #5
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

What type of chassis are you going to use? Buying locally or online? There are some good options out there and deals aplenty.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 08:18 PM   #6
Rad2owns
Rage3D Vet

Rad2owns is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupine View Post

What type of chassis are you going to use? Buying locally or online? There are some good options out there and deals aplenty.
Ill be picking up a Antec 900 for my main rig in Jan.
If you Fold The Cure will Come!!!!!
Fold On Forever!!
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...00CC&c5=FFFFFF
Your Thoughts Will Define Your Destiny.
Hidden variables are everywhere.
BF3 KOz1
Rad2owns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2007, 08:45 PM   #7
Lupine
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad2owns View Post
Ill be picking up a Antec 900 for my main rig in Jan.
Nice choice, those are pretty popular. I've seen them as low as $70 shipped but didn't see any current discounts (very cursory look so ymmv).

I splurged on a Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 last month and am very impressed with the build quality. Was way outside my pricerange but Black Friday put it under $100 so was able to swing it.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 10:18 PM   #8
Rad2owns
Rage3D Vet

Rad2owns is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupine View Post
Nice choice, those are pretty popular. I've seen them as low as $70 shipped but didn't see any current discounts (very cursory look so ymmv).

I splurged on a Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 last month and am very impressed with the build quality. Was way outside my pricerange but Black Friday put it under $100 so was able to swing it.
Are you kidding me you lucky mother.
Thats one wicked case, if I could find it even close to that price Id get it.
100 bucks wow.
If you Fold The Cure will Come!!!!!
Fold On Forever!!
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...00CC&c5=FFFFFF
Your Thoughts Will Define Your Destiny.
Hidden variables are everywhere.
BF3 KOz1
Rad2owns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2007, 10:25 PM   #9
Lupine
Administrator

Yeah, I had no idea I was in the market for a new case before I saw it @ newegg for $199 less $20 instant less $90 MIR. And free shipping.

Freed up my Antec P180 for a client build as well. I do so enjoy wheelin' & dealin'.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 10:54 PM   #10
Mmm_Beefy
Radeon Southern Islands

well i bought locally actually, i was out of AS5, so i went up and got some more and i picked up a tube of Ceramique as well.

i got the last day of a sale at fry's and got the Antec 900 for $80

sad thing is... it only comes with 3 fans... i would figure with its normal price of $150 at frys it'd include all the fans possible...
considering theres not all that much to the case and it doesnt include a PS (which is okay by me) they could afford to throw in the extra fans

i JUST got home so i'll be working on it tonight and a little tomorrow..

i also picked up another 500gig sata drive too.
xmas has been good...

get ready for major numbers coming from my end guys.

cheers

C2Q Q6600 @ 3ghz
Zalman 9700 cooler
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
Geforce 7300 128meg
1x500gig WD Caviar
Liteon CDRW
Antec P180 case
Xubuntu 32bit

Abit IP35-E
C2Q Q6600 B3 @3ghz
EVGA 8800 GTS 640meg
1x 250gig WD Caviar
Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS
NEC DVD/RW
WinXP sp2

Old Dec 18, 2007, 11:03 PM   #11
Lupine
Administrator

beefy, SVC has the Hyper TX2 for $0 after MIR. They also carry Yate Loon fans and, IIRC, those are on an okay sale @ $4 ea. You might consider grabbing the Hyper & a few of those fans. Spreads the shipping costs around a bit and would be a nice config. Not sure what cooling you're using. If nothing else, the TX2 is an excellent backup solution (far far far better than the Intel cooler, and one of the best midrange available IMHO).
Old Dec 19, 2007, 01:15 AM   #12
Mmm_Beefy
Radeon Southern Islands

thanks for the heads up..
i was wrong though, theres actually 4 fans in there, and i have two more to fill it to capacity. thats what i get for listening to the sales guy when i asked him how many fans come with the case as opposed to whats on display

i've got a Zalman CNPS9500 i'm planning on using

C2Q Q6600 @ 3ghz
Zalman 9700 cooler
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
Geforce 7300 128meg
1x500gig WD Caviar
Liteon CDRW
Antec P180 case
Xubuntu 32bit

Abit IP35-E
C2Q Q6600 B3 @3ghz
EVGA 8800 GTS 640meg
1x 250gig WD Caviar
Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS
NEC DVD/RW
WinXP sp2