Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » Radeon Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Radeon Technical Support Radeon technical support forum for all Radeon products from the classic Radeon to the latest cutting edge family of graphics cards.

Old Sep 15, 2002, 10:19 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Helevitia
Radeon R420

Helevitia is still being judged by the masses

Default Stupid Question

Do I have to change resolutions or reboot after changing aniso to get it to take effect with the C2.3 drivers?

Thanks,

Dave
Old Sep 15, 2002, 10:29 AM   #2
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

no
Old Sep 15, 2002, 11:08 AM   #3
Nazgul
Radeon Evergreen

Nazgul is still being judged by the masses

Default Re: Stupid Question

Quote:
Originally posted by Helevitia
Do I have to change resolutions or reboot after changing aniso to get it to take effect with the C2.3 drivers?

Thanks,

Dave
don't mean to RTFM you or anything, but I'm not sure if you're aware that ATI now includes a list of fixes in the Release Notes for new driver releases. If you get them from ATI.com there'll be a link to the Release Notes in .pdf format on the download page. It's well laid-out and includes a list of fixes and a list of improvements(performance in a few games was boosted with the 02.3 drivers). The issue of aniso/FSAA settings working without a reboot is listed as a fix, as is the issue of the performance/quality aniso setting being overridden by the game.
"The Black Rider flung back his hood, and behold! he had a kingly crown; and yet upon no head visible was it set. The red fires shone between it and the mantled shoulders vast and dark. From a mouth unseen there came a deadly laughter. 'Old fool!' he said. 'Old fool! This is my hour. Do you not know Death when you see it? Die now and curse in vain!' And with that he lifted high his sword and flames ran down the blade."
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 15, 2002, 11:49 AM   #4
Helevitia
Radeon R420

Helevitia is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
The issue of aniso/FSAA settings working without a reboot is listed as a fix
Oops, I did RTFM, guess I missed that. Thanks for the answer.

Dave