Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Nov 19, 2019, 07:37 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Thumbs up Star Trek 4 is back

Quote:
Here we go again! The fourth entry in the rebooted Star Trek series appears to be back on track, and it’s found a new writer-director. Noah Hawley, who created the acclaimed Fargo TV series and directed the not-so-acclaimed film Lucy In the Sky, will write and direct Star Trek 4, which will reportedly bring back crew members Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Simon Pegg, John Cho, and Karl Urban.

Deadline broke the news about Noah Hawley writing and directing Star Trek 4. They also add that the “understanding is Hawley will helm the fourth film in this iteration of the venerable franchise, with the Enterprise crew led by Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Simon Pegg, and Karl Urban.”

This implies a major behind-the-scenes shift for the new Trek film. At one point, S.J. Clarkson was set to helm a fourth Star Trek, which would involve some sort of time travel plotline to bring back Chris Hemsworth as the father of Chris Pine’s Captain Kirk. But just as things were ramping up, both Pine and Hemsworth walked away from the project, citing salary negotiations. Later, Hemsworth stated that another reason he walked was that he wasn’t happy with the script. “I didn’t feel like we landed on a reason to revisit that yet,” he revealed. “I didn’t want to be underwhelmed by what I was going to bring to the table.” As the project collapsed, Clarkson moved on. Now, Hawley is stepping in.

Hemsworth isn’t mentioned in connection with this new Star Trek 4, which strongly implies that the storyline involving Kirk’s father is gone. The fact that Pine is apparently back is another indication that things have changed since the project last fell apart. Meanwhile, Paramount is still allegedly working on a separate, R-rated Star Trek spin-off for Quentin Tarantino to possibly direct, but I’ll believe that one when I see it.

This new Star Trek franchise launched with a new 2009 film from J.J. Abrams. While some Trek fans had problems with Abrams’ approach, the film was a big hit, and the incredibly likable cast won many audiences over. The 2009 Star Trek was followed with the rather dreadful Star Trek Into Darkness, which Abrams directed in 2013.

After that, Abrams moved on to another Star franchise – Star Wars. The adventures of the new Trek crew continued in 2016 with Star Trek Beyond. That film was quite entertaining, and a big step up from Into Darkness, but it underperformed financially. After the diminishing box office returns the future of the Star Trek movie franchise remained up in the air. Now, it appears to be back on course.

https://www.slashfilm.com/star-trek-...r-noah-hawley/
Different writer and director this time, but it seems the original cast is coming back after all. No word on Hemsworth coming or not though, I think this is going to be a completely different 4 than was originally planned and scrapped.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2019, 08:01 PM   #2
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

<golf clap>

Didn't care for 3, so I'm not very enthusiastic about 4. Hope I'm wrong.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2019, 09:25 PM   #3
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
<golf clap>

There's so little sci-fi in space movies that I'll take almost anything right now, even star wars and star trek in their bastardized form.

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 19, 2019, 09:36 PM   #4
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

more and greater lens flare

………..

seriously I will go see it
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2019, 10:48 PM   #5
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Isnt this the Quentin Tarantino Trek?

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.9.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.9.3. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:06 PM   #6
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Will watch because we are all morons.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:54 PM   #7
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Isnt this the Quentin Tarantino Trek?
Negative.

Old Nov 20, 2019, 12:21 AM   #8
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I just hope they include another ancient Beastie Boys song......

And lens flairs.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2019, 12:39 AM   #9
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post

And lens flairs.
Is that classical music ?
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2019, 02:19 AM   #10
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I don't think they need to do time travel when they can't even do a normal trek movie. Into the Darkness was a better movie than Beyond imo.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2019, 05:57 AM   #11
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
You know it's going to be a FEMiNiST MOViE, right?

So having old music will be the least of your worries
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2019, 08:13 AM   #12
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by daPhoenix View Post
You know it's going to be a FEMiNiST MOViE, right?

So having old music will be the least of your worries
Rumor has it that Captain Kirk will be played by Brie Larson.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 09:35 AM   #13
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Will she do the action scenes shirtless, Kirk style?
Old Nov 20, 2019, 10:58 AM   #14
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2019, 11:59 AM   #15
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
<golf clap>

That's because 3 sucked. I had high hopes, since Simon Pegg was writing the script. Simon, you let me down!

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2019, 12:00 PM   #16
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
I don't think they need to do time travel when they can't even do a normal trek movie. Into the Darkness was a better movie than Beyond imo.
imo, Ghost in the Darkness was better than either of them. This thread is now about lions!

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580

Last edited by SubCog : Nov 20, 2019 at 02:06 PM.
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2019, 01:19 PM   #17
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Into darkness was underrated IMO. Was by far the best of the three Treks so far.

Old Nov 21, 2019, 05:30 PM   #18
warmonger180
Zionist

warmonger180 once held a door open for a complete strangerwarmonger180 once held a door open for a complete strangerwarmonger180 once held a door open for a complete stranger

can't see jjst4 being any good. lucy in the sky?? really? I really hate saying this, but Star Trek is dead and the Only thing that'll resurrect it if there a std Pike series/movie. the latest trekshort is rather good. it has Pike in it, with #1 and Spock

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Franklin

Corsair Vengeance M70; ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z; FX 8350; Asus RX580 OC; Samsung SyncMaster 2243SWX; Corsair AX860i psu; 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3; Corsair M4 SSD 128GB, WD 1TB; x18 DVR212D; 10
warmonger180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2019, 05:54 PM   #19
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
So long as she can be guaranteed no white men looking at her.

Old Nov 21, 2019, 05:54 PM   #20
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmonger180 View Post
can't see jjst4 being any good. lucy in the sky?? really? I really hate saying this, but Star Trek is dead and the Only thing that'll resurrect it if there a std Pike series/movie. the latest trekshort is rather good. it has Pike in it, with #1 and Spock
It's not JJ this time. Some guy that directed Fargo instead? Have no idea if that means better or worse though, just different.

Old Nov 22, 2019, 12:24 AM   #21
warmonger180
Zionist

warmonger180 once held a door open for a complete strangerwarmonger180 once held a door open for a complete strangerwarmonger180 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
It's not JJ this time. Some guy that directed Fargo instead? Have no idea if that means better or worse though, just different.
still originated with jarjar, so... . yeah, he did fargo, but his first movie, lucy, flopped big time

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Franklin

Corsair Vengeance M70; ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z; FX 8350; Asus RX580 OC; Samsung SyncMaster 2243SWX; Corsair AX860i psu; 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3; Corsair M4 SSD 128GB, WD 1TB; x18 DVR212D; 10
Old Nov 22, 2019, 10:21 AM   #22
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

My expectations for this are on-par with Star Trek V - The Final Frontier
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2019, 10:24 AM   #23
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
ironically if we got today, it would be considered good scifi
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2019, 03:27 PM   #24
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Yeah, I remember thinking that movie sucked when I was a kid. I recently re-watched it...and it still sucks.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 12:00 AM   #25
warmonger180
Zionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy10 View Post
ironically if we got today, it would be considered good scifi
that would be scarey as hell

Old Nov 24, 2019, 02:10 AM   #26
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Unfortunate. All these new Treks have been trash.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2019, 09:25 AM   #27
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
Unfortunate. All these new Treks have been trash.
Pretty much. Into Darkness was alright. Other than that, you'd have to go back to 1996's First Contact, which was great IMO. Or maybe I'm just really picky.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 01:31 AM   #28
Akumajo
White Devil Bastard

Akumajo once held a door open for a complete strangerAkumajo once held a door open for a complete strangerAkumajo once held a door open for a complete strangerAkumajo once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Pretty much. Into Darkness was alright. Other than that, you'd have to go back to 1996's First Contact, which was great IMO. Or maybe I'm just really picky.
Didn't First Contact have the Borg? That's not fair to say it great... it was awesome because of the Borg craze.

I didn't see the last film... so basically the production crew are filmmakers who must really resented the television series and see them as old instead of revolutionary.

I sure as hell hope Captain Lamearse ain't in the Trek films... she might claim to be the first woman ship Captain... on that note Alex Braun made a far better Captain Marvel "movie"

Damn now I gotta watch First Contact again.

"Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
If anything there's just still too many guilible people in the fanbase willing to accept this garbage star wars disney/Kennedy edition."

Helghast... till the end of days!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruxcT6LEVzk Disney Star Wars SUCKS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QESGXTFFZXM Kaz PTVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dogMXzbz9js
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L--rU3Wq3WU My Bugatti V
Akumajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2019, 11:30 AM   #29
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
So long as she can be guaranteed no white men looking at her.
Well according to the US government I am considered Asian. So I can look all I like, score!!
Old Today, 09:43 AM   #30
Ryo-Ohki
Cabbit

Ryo-Ohki is still being judged by the masses

Ten to one there will be whales or some kind of borderline extinct animals in this one.

Quote:
The themes powering that movie were interesting actually. The execution of the whole thing, on the other hand... Not so. Didn't help that ILM couldn't get on board because their hands were full with some other superproduction.