Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Nov 14, 2019, 12:57 PM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy10 View Post
technically he works for sportnset not the cbc, for the last couple years i think. Ironically enough hnic and coaches corner made the tax payers money not cost them money. They were consistently there highest rated broadcasts
Hockey Night in Canada is still owned by the CBC but it is then licensed to Rogers/Sportsnet to broadcast until the year 2025 which is when Roger's deal with the NHL expires

So basically Sportsnet pays for the rights to broadcast
Old Nov 14, 2019, 02:34 PM   #122
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
Hockey Night in Canada is still owned by the CBC but it is then licensed to Rogers/Sportsnet to broadcast until the year 2025 which is when Roger's deal with the NHL expires

So basically Sportsnet pays for the rights to broadcast
ya what a convoluted mess, id have to go and double check but i think the cbc had no say in his firing but i could be wrong
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2019, 04:28 PM   #123
huskylord
Load Management

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I would like to state for the record that this is probably the biggest controversy in Canada right now.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 14, 2019, 04:29 PM   #124
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskylord View Post
I would like to state for the record that this is probably the biggest controversy in Canada right now.
You guys are so lucky!

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2019, 04:35 PM   #125
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I actually like Don Cherry, I've liked most of his commentary for a long time. I don't like what he said here, and the examples Higgy gave of "worse" things are actually some of the things I don't like about him. I didn't expect him to come back this season but was glad he did. If anything, I'm coming from a place of disappointment in the man.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2019, 05:01 PM   #126
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Definitely bigger than Trudeau wearing blackface, amirite?

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2019, 05:25 PM   #127
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
You mean events that happened last week dominate the news more than events that happened 20 years ago?

You don't say
Old Nov 14, 2019, 07:22 PM   #128
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
a month or so ago it was found the prime minister wore blackface
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2019, 07:54 PM   #129
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

when Kramer is the voice of reason you f*cked up

Old Nov 15, 2019, 11:53 AM   #130
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
God f**king damn it...

It was Brownface... Stupid media, they reported it correctly for a day or two but saw it wasn't hooking attention, so they twisted it to Blackface because Arabians are 'Black' by default right??? Racist twatwaffles...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
a month or so ago it was found the prime minister wore brownface
Fixed that for you...

I bet if he was dressed as an aboriginal Chief, the news wouldn't have swapped 'Red' for 'Black'...

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2019, 12:44 PM   #131
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefoo21 View Post
God f**king damn it...

It was Brownface... Stupid media, they reported it correctly for a day or two but saw it wasn't hooking attention, so they twisted it to Blackface because Arabians are 'Black' by default right??? Racist twatwaffles...

Fixed that for you...

I bet if he was dressed as an aboriginal Chief, the news wouldn't have swapped 'Red' for 'Black'...
Call it whatever you want!

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Nov 15, 2019, 12:46 PM   #132
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
God f**king damn it...

Fixed that for you...

da heck is a twatwaffle?

Old Nov 15, 2019, 01:13 PM   #133
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

stick to the topic, amazingly at 5 pages were still in OT..... so lets keep it that way
CFX 290
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Old Nov 15, 2019, 03:44 PM   #134
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

you people and your bickering...
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2019, 05:02 PM   #135
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Call it whatever you want!
Blackface is definitely problematic, but there's actually a distinct difference between blackface and brownface with brownface not really being a historically racist thing like blackface is. Although people these days tend to not realize this, and instead believe they are both equally racist for the same type of reasons which is just not accurate.

As you may know blackface is notorious because of the American Minstrel shows from the 1800's where whites would dress in blackface and make fun of black people in extremely racist ways, that would then also lead to violence against black people. This is the origins and reason why blackface is so offensive. But there really is no historical racist counterpart with brownface, where white people would dress as Hispanics or Arabs and make fun of them. Its just not a thing although people of course tend to conflate the two.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2019, 05:53 PM   #136
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
you people and your bickering...

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2019, 10:04 PM   #137
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Blackface is definitely problematic, but there's actually a distinct difference between blackface and brownface with brownface not really being a historically racist thing like blackface is
now try telling that to someone with a straight face when it is this inappropriate, and sends that message, the historic background info is not super relevant imo.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 11:33 PM   #138
12Bass
Quantum Bleep

12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Brownface discussion is straight up whataboutism 101... nothing to do with Don Cherry. Stay on target!
Old Nov 16, 2019, 12:29 AM   #139
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Nov 17, 2019, 02:08 PM   #140
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

I really do not care for Justin. But he was disguised as Aladdin on Halloween...

Seems from the 1992 movie.
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2019, 04:39 PM   #141
cbsboyer
ATI EGA Wonder

cbsboyer once held a door open for a complete strangercbsboyer once held a door open for a complete strangercbsboyer once held a door open for a complete strangercbsboyer once held a door open for a complete stranger

Key differences between the Trudeau brownface and Don Cherry's remarks:

The brownface thing happened 20 years ago in a high school fundraiser thing, and Trudeau apologized.

The Don Cherry thing happened a couple weeks ago on national TV, Mr. Cherry doubled down on it and stated that he meant what he said, but worded it wrong.

Don Cherry said "You people...that come here...". People are fixating on the "You people" thing for some strange reason when the words "that come here" are the important ones. That makes his intention perfectly clear, however he worded it.

I agree with the others here that it's really just the latest instance where Mr. Cherry has gone over the line, but management basically said "enough is enough."

I also agree that it's a very good thing that this is the biggest Canadian controversy right now. I'm getting pretty tired of living in "interesting times".

"Relationships are like dormant volcanoes, most of the time things are fine or manageable but there's always a chance she blows molten crazy all over you." - ice
cbsboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2019, 05:59 PM   #142
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Yep, and as usual in the 2010's, it's us vs them conversations all over the place.

No middle ground, no discussion possible. Two Tribes.
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2019, 07:19 PM   #143
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
da heck is a twatwaffle?

Split the words and combine the definition...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbsboyer View Post
Key differences between the Trudeau brownface and Don Cherry's remarks:

The brownface thing happened 20 years ago in a high school fundraiser thing, and Trudeau apologized.

The Don Cherry thing happened a couple weeks ago on national TV, Mr. Cherry doubled down on it and stated that he meant what he said, but worded it wrong.

Don Cherry said "You people...that come here...". People are fixating on the "You people" thing for some strange reason when the words "that come here" are the important ones. That makes his intention perfectly clear, however he worded it.

I agree with the others here that it's really just the latest instance where Mr. Cherry has gone over the line, but management basically said "enough is enough."

I also agree that it's a very good thing that this is the biggest Canadian controversy right now. I'm getting pretty tired of living in "interesting times".
I agree with all of this.

Cherry said a massive no no, then he doubled down on it, and thought he'd get away with it. The man has convictions, and he wants people to honour the traditions of where they are now. He actually said it about as well as you could, because it just targets all immigrants, but it was a bad thing to say in a country that is a cultural mosaic and not a melting pot. It was the icing on the cake of reasons he should have been fired and he pushed the limit a lot for a guy who only gets a few minutes of air time a week during the hockey season really.

Flipping the page a little...

Too bad the lady tv show host who called Hockey fans/players all bigoted mean spirited unintelligent violent bullies is getting off without even a slap on the wrist.

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2019, 06:10 AM   #144
Higgy10

Quote:
Flipping the page a little...

Too bad the lady tv show host who called Hockey fans/players all bigoted mean spirited unintelligent violent bullies is getting off without even a slap on the wrist.
ya that entire show deserves to get cancelled and the lot of them fired, if were holding them to the same standard.
https://www.thepostmillennial.com/co...on-the-social/

some quotes from her
Amid Don Cherry’s refusal to back down following controversial poppy comments which led to the end of his historic broadcasting career, former Maclean’s magazine editor Jessica Allen decided to attack not just Don Cherry, but rather the entire “altar of hockey” which Canada worships, going on to say that the “white boy” hockey players could have used their parents’ money to instead, travel the world.

“Maybe it’s because of where I grew up, and going to a couple different universities. In my mind, in my experience, who does. They all tended to be white boys, who weren’t very nice, they weren’t very thoughtful they were often bullies, their parents were able to afford to spend $5000 a year on minor hockey. You could do other things than spend time in an arena, you could go on a trip and learn about the world. See other things. The world is a big place, maybe get outside of that bubble.”
CFX 290
2x1tb WD Black in raid0

Last edited by Higgy10 : Nov 19, 2019 at 09:19 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 10:55 AM   #145
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
ya that entire show deserves to get cancelled and the lot of them fired, if were holding them to the same standard.

some quotes from her
Amid Don Cherry’s refusal to back down following controversial poppy comments which led to the end of his historic broadcasting career, former Maclean’s magazine editor Jessica Allen decided to attack not just Don Cherry, but rather the entire “altar of hockey” which Canada worships, going on to say that the “white boy” hockey players could have used their parents’ money to instead, travel the world.

“Maybe it’s because of where I grew up, and going to a couple different universities. In my mind, in my experience, who does. They all tended to be white boys, who weren’t very nice, they weren’t very thoughtful they were often bullies, their parents were able to afford to spend $5000 a year on minor hockey. You could do other things than spend time in an arena, you could go on a trip and learn about the world. See other things. The world is a big place, maybe get outside of that bubble.”
Sounds like someone is jealous and quite salty.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:22 AM   #146
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:

some quotes from her

Yeah, she's a trash heap.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote