Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Sep 5, 2019, 12:32 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

If you two really insist on peeing together, just a word of advice:

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2019, 12:10 PM   #32
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quick update:. I said I expected to lose 30 pounds in 60 days. I'm currently on day 54, and I'm down 28 pounds. We'll see if I can drop 2 more by Thursday. Wish me luck!

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Sep 22, 2019, 12:18 PM   #33
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

At this point, it is no longer about luck but simply patience and learning from the experience!
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 22, 2019, 01:45 PM   #34
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Quick update:. I said I expected to lose 30 pounds in 60 days. I'm currently on day 54, and I'm down 28 pounds. We'll see if I can drop 2 more by Thursday. Wish me luck!
sweet, i got a double big mac combo(large sized of course) here for you

whats your target at?
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0

Last edited by Higgy10 : Sep 22, 2019 at 01:53 PM.
Higgy10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2019, 01:45 PM   #35
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Great job!
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2019, 03:01 PM   #36
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Regarding diets, as the husband of a registered dietitian (not a nutritionist which is a made up title btw, if you ever are offered advice from one), diets don't work. At all. Period. Why? Because they are unsustainable. You can't cut out this or that for the rest of your life. Moderation and changing your attitude towards certain foods is all that works. Also, losing weight is 70-80% food and 20-30% gym. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2019, 03:16 PM   #37
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy10 View Post
sweet, i got a double big mac combo(large sized of course) here for you

whats your target at?
I'm at 278 now, and target is about 200, so I've got 80 pounds to go. Honestly though, the biggest benefits will arrive once I get down to about 250.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Sep 22, 2019, 08:32 PM   #38
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
I'm at 278 now, and target is about 200, so I've got 80 pounds to go. Honestly though, the biggest benefits will arrive once I get down to about 250.
How tall are you?

Also, congratulations on your progress thus far.
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2019, 11:05 PM   #39
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android1 View Post
How tall are you?

Also, congratulations on your progress thus far.
5'10", maybe 5'11" on a good day.

I know 200 sounds heavy, but I've always been heavier than I appear. Even in high school, when I was very thin, I was still 180. Here's some historical pics of me, which will give you a sense of why I think my ideal weight is 200 pounds.

Here's me 8 years ago, at ~230 pounds:

Here's me at ~210 pounds:

Here's me in high school, ~180 pounds. I don't expect to ever get down to this weight again.

And just for reference, this is me at ~280, which is my current weight:

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580

Last edited by SubCog : Sep 22, 2019 at 11:44 PM.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 04:55 PM   #40
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Jezus ****ing christ people how ****ing hard is this ?
IT"S NOT.

Just count calories ... You're eating more than you need so you get fat. The "TYPE" of calories or what they come from don't mean sh^t. You can eat apples all day and still become fat.

Just eat ... LESS, you fat ****s.

Man i'm sorry for the harsness but ****ign hell it's not rocket science. You can still eat bread for ****'s sake.
JUST .
EAT.
LESS .
All it takes is a TINY BIT OF ****ING SELF RESTRAINT.

You don't need to eat untill you literally can't fit anymore in to your stomach you know. Fat people always think that with every meal they should be so full they gag or something... jezus christ.

I'm sorry this makes me so mad but it's always the same.
This woman @ work, complaining about her weight.
"But i always eat healthy" ...
The portions are ****ING ENORMOUS THOUGH and i look at her and think , how can people be so stupid ?!
Don't you see there's literally 3x the amount of food on your plate than of any of your colleages ?!

Yes, at first you might feel a little pekkish every now and then. Well if you can't deal with that than just keep eating untill you burst , i have no sympathy for people who can't deal with feeling pekkish.

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
COrsair 8GB DDR3 1600 mhz
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Coolermaster 1000 watt PSU
Samsung w840(?) SSD
http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html

Martin Slater, 2K games, (Bioshock) about piracy:
"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"

Last edited by g-a-m-e : Sep 27, 2019 at 05:10 PM.
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2019, 05:07 PM   #41
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-a-m-e View Post
Being a Powerpuff Girl isn't about getting your way...It's about using your own unique abilities to help people and the world we all live in.
FIFY
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2019, 05:21 PM   #42
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

You're right my post above is out of line.

I just don't get all these weird diets.
You could eat pizza exclusively and still lose weight if you wanted to.
Just eat LESS FOOD.
You're just going to have to accept the fact that you're going to feel a little hungry at first when you cut your calories to say 2000 kcal.
It's unavoidable but good. You want your stomach to become smaller.

And the hunger feeling doesn't last long. Your stomach will adapt and become smaller quickly.

What i also don't understand is how people think that after dieting, they can just start eating like they used to and expect not to become fat again ?!

It boggles the mind.

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Samsung w840(?) SSD

"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
Old Sep 27, 2019, 05:31 PM   #43
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Jezus ****ing christ people how ****ing hard is this ?
IT"S NOT.

Just count calories ... You're eating more than you need so you get fat. The "TYPE" of calories or what they come from don't mean sh^t. You can eat apples all day and still become fat.

Just eat ... LESS, you fat ****s.

Man i'm sorry for the harsness but ****ign hell it's not rocket science. You can still eat bread for ****'s sake.
JUST .
EAT.
LESS .
All it takes is a TINY BIT OF ****ING SELF RESTRAINT.

You don't need to eat untill you literally can't fit anymore in to your stomach you know. Fat people always think that with every meal they should be so full they gag or something... jezus christ.

I'm sorry this makes me so mad but it's always the same.
This woman @ work, complaining about her weight.
"But i always eat healthy" ...
The portions are ****ING ENORMOUS THOUGH and i look at her and think , how can people be so stupid ?!
Don't you see there's literally 3x the amount of food on your plate than of any of your colleages ?!

Yes, at first you might feel a little pekkish every now and then. Well if you can't deal with that than just keep eating untill you burst , i have no sympathy for people who can't deal with feeling pekkish.

The best thing I've ever heard about "calories in, calories out":

Quote:
Imagine that you asked someone how Bill Gates became the wealthiest man on Earth, and they responded "He earned more money than he spent!"

Or imagine that you asked a friend how a sports team won the championship, and they responded "They scored more points than the lost!"
Sure, these answers are technically true, but also about the dumbest and least useful possible answers that can be offered. It ignores all of the nuance, strategy, etc. that you're really looking for when you ask such questions.

Sure, at the end of the day, it's about eating fewer calories than you burn. However, that ignores EVERYTHING that's important about appetite, energy levels, hormones, will power, habits, etc.

At the end of the day, it really comes down to results. I know very few people who have successfully lost weight on "calories in, calories out", and many who have lost weight through strategic lifestyle changes, educating themselves on physiology & psychology, and being strategic about their diet & exercise.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Sep 27, 2019, 05:39 PM   #44
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:

Just eat LESS FOOD.
You're just going to have to accept the fact that you're going to feel a little hungry at first when you cut your calories to say 2000 kcal.

And the hunger feeling doesn't last long. Your stomach will adapt and become smaller quickly.

What i also don't understand is how people think that after dieting, they can just start eating like they used to and expect not to become fat again ?!

It boggles the mind.

That's because you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Early in the year I had a serious lung infection and my doc put me on oral steroids that dramatically increased my appetite. It went way beyond "gee my stomach is growling", and went into the "I'm starving and I have to eat everything I see" territory. Free will goes out the window when your body tells you that you have to eat.

One of the benefits of the low-carb diet I've been practicing is that it dramatically reduces that appetite. Is it that I've been magically gifted greater free will? Or is it that appetite is actually regulated by hormones like insulin, and eating the right diet to get that under control allows me to better control my eating? Your explanation would definitely lead to the dumber of the two possible answers.

btw, I gained 25 pounds during the time I was taking the steroids. I've now lost all of that weight and more, and I plan to continue permanently. My success is due to strategy, not will power.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580

Last edited by SubCog : Sep 27, 2019 at 05:45 PM.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 05:52 PM   #45
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Sugar and Soda even Diet Soda cut down on all sweet things as much as you can it is addictive and takes days to stop craving the sh*t after one candy bar

and exercise more

i'm 6 foot and down to 175 lbs from 225 lbs

I would like to get to 165 what I was till about 15 years ago
been to busy with work to ride the bike much this summer getting back on it now
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2019, 06:52 PM   #46
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
5'10", maybe 5'11" on a good day.

I know 200 sounds heavy, but I've always been heavier than I appear. Even in high school, when I was very thin, I was still 180. Here's some historical pics of me, which will give you a sense of why I think my ideal weight is 200 pounds.

Here's me 8 years ago, at ~230 pounds:
https://i.imgur.com/HnPC1nw.jpg

Here's me at ~210 pounds:
https://i.imgur.com/4qL0rAK.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ll6axGP.jpg

Here's me in high school, ~180 pounds. I don't expect to ever get down to this weight again.
https://i.imgur.com/Yo4BjBd.jpg

And just for reference, this is me at ~280, which is my current weight:
https://i.imgur.com/pHqnETw.jpg
Even at your heaviest, you look as though you carry the weight really well (I cannot tell how you feel on the inside, though). I am 5' 8", and with my frame, I would be ready for the morgue before I even hit 200 lb.

I am 170 lb. now, and even that really feels like a lot. I am trying to get down to 150 lb.
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2019, 07:10 PM   #47
kytprice
Autism Awareness

kytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:

Just eat LESS FOOD.

It boggles the mind.
Your stomach getting smaller if you eat less is totally inaccurate. Your appetite will change over time as you eat less. Making you feel full with less.
https://www.healthline.com/health/ho...mach-to-shrink
kytprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2019, 08:48 PM   #48
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

When I hear talk about calories with no mention of nutrition...
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2019, 01:06 AM   #49
DorXtar
SMILE!

DorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Why You Shouldn’t Exercise to Lose Weight, Explained With 60+ Studies

"We were really surprised when the energy expenditure among the Hadza was no higher than it is for people in the US and Europe," says Pontzer, who published the findings in 2012 in the journal PLOS One. While the hunter-gatherers were physically active and lean, they actually burned the same amount of calories every day as the average American or European, even after the researchers controlled for body size.

Pontzer's study was preliminary and imperfect. It involved only 30 participants from one small community.

But it raised a tantalizing question: How could the hunting, foraging Hadza possibly burn the same amount of energy as indolent Westerners?

It's not calories-in, calories-out. Never has been. You can say something, over and over again, but that doesn't make it true.

With a juice fast in 2012-2013, I went down from 240 to 194, but I was seriously lacking in many minerals and nutrients, I just didn't know any better.

Honeymoon I went from 207 (married weight in 2013) to 215 in about 10 days (fresh-baked midnight cookies will do that to you).

I kept going until I hit 240 in 2014-2015, but I started trying to alter my diet from then on until 2018 when I hit a wall at around 215. I felt terrible and I didn't know why. I went to a naturopath who tested me for hundreds of food allergies, including GMO and non-GMO varieties of the same foods. Turns out I was eating many foods I was allergic to, which didn't help with inflammation and energy levels.

From April 2018 until January of 2019 (this year), I went from 215 to 180 on a accidentally-KETO diet. I stayed away from all grains (turns out I'm allergic to most of them, except non-GMO corn and gluten-free oats), but since I had candida overgrowth, I had to stay away from carbs until the candida settled back down into balance.

I've remained on a mostly KETO regimen WITHOUT EXERCISE the entire time....

I'm currently holding steady around 174-176 trying to build muscle....

2 Peter 3:3) For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4) and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.” 5) For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice [...]

8) However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 9) Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
Like 12Bass says, critical thinking and the scientific method are probably the best tools we have to avoid it. (bias)

However, this method relies on repeatable, falsifiable hypotheses and theories. Only an extremely small spectrum of time and space can be rendered into these, or at least a good approximation of such.

-RFtinkerer

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” ― Daniel J. Boorstin
DorXtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2019, 01:23 AM   #50
DorXtar
SMILE!

DorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The Science of Why Caloric Restriction Fails

Instead of a simple calories in, calories out model where fat is deposited according to an excessive intake of calories, it appears that the body responds to excess calories by trying to burn them off!

We feel that we have failed ourselves. We think that it is our fault. Our doctors, dietitians, and other medical professionals silently criticize us for ‘failing’. Others silently believe we have no ‘willpower’, and offer meaningless platitudes. Sound familiar? Yeah, I thought so.

But in truth, the failing was not ours. The portion control diet is virtually guaranteed to fail. It has been proven over and over in the last 100 years. The only reason we think that it works is because everybody — the doctors, the dietitians, the ‘scientists’, the media — have convinced us that it is all about calories. No, the failing is with our nutritional authorities.

Clearly, something is causing us to gain weight, but calories sure don’t look like the problem or the solution here. What is that problem? What is the etiology of obesity? What causes fat gain?
2 Peter 3:3) For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4) and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.” 5) For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice [...]

8) However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 9) Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
Like 12Bass says, critical thinking and the scientific method are probably the best tools we have to avoid it. (bias)

However, this method relies on repeatable, falsifiable hypotheses and theories. Only an extremely small spectrum of time and space can be rendered into these, or at least a good approximation of such.

-RFtinkerer

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” ― Daniel J. Boorstin
Old Sep 29, 2019, 01:25 PM   #51
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorXtar View Post
The Science of Why Caloric Restriction Fails

Instead of a simple calories in, calories out model where fat is deposited according to an excessive intake of calories, it appears that the body responds to excess calories by trying to burn them off!

We feel that we have failed ourselves. We think that it is our fault. Our doctors, dietitians, and other medical professionals silently criticize us for ‘failing’. Others silently believe we have no ‘willpower’, and offer meaningless platitudes. Sound familiar? Yeah, I thought so.

But in truth, the failing was not ours. The portion control diet is virtually guaranteed to fail. It has been proven over and over in the last 100 years. The only reason we think that it works is because everybody — the doctors, the dietitians, the ‘scientists’, the media — have convinced us that it is all about calories. No, the failing is with our nutritional authorities.

Clearly, something is causing us to gain weight, but calories sure don’t look like the problem or the solution here. What is that problem? What is the etiology of obesity? What causes fat gain?

LOL :

Quote:
Obsessive thoughts of food. Binge behavior. Extreme depression. Severe emotional distress. Irritability. Loss of libido. Interest in everything other than food vanished. Social withdrawal and isolation. Several subjects became, frankly, neurotic. One patient reportedly amputated 3 fingers with an axe in an act of self-mutilation. Anyway, I’m sure you are beginning to get the picture.
Excellent article bro. :P
So uhm, no matter how fat i am, i can't lower my calories because if i ever get hungry i'm going to cut of my fingers with an axe .
Wow, i had no idea.

Because for me, whenever i feel i need to lose some fat % , i just eat 1500-2000 kcal a day . And presto, 6 month later i'm ****ing shredded ?
Weird, i still have all my fingers , and in fact i don't even feel bad when dieting ? Except for the first 2 days maybe.

I think it's just excuses people . You fatties are just terrified of feeling a slightly hungry for a second, and just can't control yourself and start eating untill you explode :d .

How did you get fat ?
- By eating too much calories.
How do you get thinner ?
- By eating LESS CALORIES ?

Nah man, eat MORE calories cause your body will "attempt to burn them off"!

Again, solid advice, great article.

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Samsung w840(?) SSD

Last edited by g-a-m-e : Sep 29, 2019 at 01:42 PM.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 04:08 PM   #52
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:

Because for me, whenever i feel i need to lose some fat % , i just eat 1500-2000 kcal a day . And presto, 6 month later i'm ****ing shredded ?
Weird, i still have all my fingers , and in fact i don't even feel bad when dieting ? Except for the first 2 days maybe.
I can see that you've bases your conclusions on your clinical experiment that used a sample size of 1. Actually I expect that many things and athletic people will agree with you.

However, not everyone is the same, and many people's bodies behave differently than yours. I challenge you to present any study that shows that a majority of overweight humans can lose weight and keep it off long-term by your methods alone.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Sep 29, 2019, 06:05 PM   #53
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

They would reduce weight if they cut their calories and carb intake. The problem is that most people don’t have the self-control or willpower to do it consistently long-term.

What I’ve come to realize is that carbs are a bigger factor than straight caloric intake. Some bodies have extreme reactions to carbs (like me, which cause me to bloat and gain weight like crazy) while others can do high-carb diets and it’s fine. I can do lower caloric intake while eating high-carb and I’ll gain weight all day long.

For many people, I think reducing sugar intake (carbs) is the largest and quickest way to lose weight. The problem with that long-term is that sugar is pretty addictive. It might not be a drug but you can most certainly have an addiction for it and when you don’t have it, end up with some serious cravings. Once you kick sugar and get used to a low sugar/carb diet, you tend to find everything very sugary in taste.

I cut sugar out in certain areas like coffee and it made a big difference in how I felt. My weight is pretty much always in the 180-185 area at 6’2”. When I eat heavily to bulk up, I turn to carbs, not just calories.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2019, 06:29 PM   #54
kytprice
Autism Awareness

kytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I've cut down to one meal a day. It's not hard for me because a large portion of my life the hours that I worked only left me time to grab one meal. When I started working for the court system that's all they wanted to do was eat. And I really put on the weight. Since I retired I've gone back to one meal a day and then not a large one because I'm not really hungry. I've lost over 45 lbs.
kytprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2019, 07:33 PM   #55
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

So glad g-a-m-e is back to set the record straight. Clearly a scholar and a gentleman.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2019, 08:36 PM   #56
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
So glad g-a-m-e is back to set the record straight. Clearly a scholar and a gentleman.
Oh, cut him some slack. He's doing the best he can with 20 years out-of-date information.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Sep 30, 2019, 01:23 AM   #57
DorXtar
SMILE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytprice View Post
I've cut down to one meal a day. It's not hard for me because a large portion of my life the hours that I worked only left me time to grab one meal. When I started working for the court system that's all they wanted to do was eat. And I really put on the weight. Since I retired I've gone back to one meal a day and then not a large one because I'm not really hungry. I've lost over 45 lbs.
I'm actually trying to get to OMAD myself. I seem to do best eating after a nice workout. Eggs, bacon, onions, fresh greens, and tea with a few scoops of collagen powder and coconut milk. Fills me up with maximum insulin sensitivity.

-RFtinkerer

Old Sep 30, 2019, 01:21 PM   #58
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

I've gotten down to 2 meals per day, prolly 5 days per week. I start my eating window at noon, and typically close it down before 8pm. It's been remarkably easy, in conjunction with a low-carb diet, as I don't feel hungry very often anyway. At some point I may experiment with omad or maybe try a 3 day fast.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Sep 30, 2019, 01:23 PM   #59
DorXtar
SMILE!

Effects of eight weeks of time-restricted feeding (16/8) on basal metabolism, maximal strength, body composition, inflammation, and cardiovascular risk factors in resistance-trained males

Our results suggest that an intermittent fasting program in which all calories are consumed in an 8-h window each day, in conjunction with resistance training, could improve some health-related biomarkers, decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males.

Time-Restricted Eating to Prevent and Manage Chronic Metabolic Diseases

-RFtinkerer

Old Sep 30, 2019, 01:50 PM   #60
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
I've gotten down to 2 meals per day, prolly 5 days per week. I start my eating window at noon, and typically close it down before 8pm. It's been remarkably easy, in conjunction with a low-carb diet, as I don't feel hungry very often anyway. At some point I may experiment with omad or maybe try a 3 day fast.
Do you sit at a desk all day? I can sorta eat like a bird if i do nothing all day but a work day im like a starving refugee if i miss a meal.
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is online now   Reply With Quote