Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Nov 18, 2019, 09:32 PM   #301
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
Nobody is really saying this out loud, but this show sucks. The characters and story are completely boring, the soundtrack makes it sound like some sort of Mexican soap opera, and the special effects are all minimal and lame. The show will need some serious effort to dig out the hole of lameness it currently has dug for itself.
Dont think it sucks, its decent SciFi which should have been all 1 hour episodes and at least 12 episodes long.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2019, 09:57 PM   #302
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
I mean it's pretty standard sci-fi trope. It also helps makes planets feel distinct. If your universe features a number of different planets and cultures, it's much better to make them distinct. There's also a chance that the planets might be small with a minimal rotational axis, so climate would be similar for most of the planet.
I think it might be something like this:

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2019, 10:21 PM   #303
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Dont think it sucks, its decent SciFi which should have been all 1 hour episodes and at least 12 episodes long.
Sell me on the decent scifi parts. I haven't seen anything that has hooked me yet. Both episodes seemed like a slow buildup and showdown at the end that didn't really do much of anything. Except show us some of the worst puppet effects in the last 30 years and a bunch of rehashed story situations that were done much better in the past. *yawn*

I was honestly bummed when he offed the robot bounty hunter in the first episode because that character at least had some potential comedy relief. The rest of the cast thinks speaking slowly is some sort of good acting

I really do want it to get good so I am gonna keep watching. But, am really disappointed so far.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 19, 2019, 03:56 AM   #304
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
I think it might be something like this:
wtf, dude picks apart this when the show has ray guns, teleporters, time travel, and all manner of aliens, including Q...etc...but no, no, wait, this planet is too small to be real....
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2019, 05:33 AM   #305
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

He obviously has a lot of time on his hands.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2019, 07:26 AM   #306
12Bass
Quantum Bleep

12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Nobody is really saying this out loud, but this show sucks. The characters and story are completely boring, the soundtrack makes it sound like some sort of Mexican soap opera, and the special effects are all minimal and lame. The show will need some serious effort to dig out the hole of lameness it currently has dug for itself.
After TLJ, I was prepared for the worst, expecting that that horrible cringey feeling to return. But it didn't... IMO, The Mandalorian is the best live-action Star Wars since 1983. I'm not saying it's great, just that I'm enjoying it and looking forward to seeing where it goes. I never felt that way with TLJ... that path leads only to the dark side... or the septic tank.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 10:33 AM   #307
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I realized something while catching up on Rebels, For me the Mandalorian is like watching a live action very slightly more adult version of the Clone Wars or Rebels. And in a good way. Just with not as good music.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 10:43 AM   #308
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Not as dry as KAC's mom, at least.
Clearly yours was moist when I was with her to conceive you
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:05 AM   #309
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Clearly yours was moist when I was with her to conceive you
Ok boomer.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:55 PM   #310
necropimp
666 Flavors

necropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
wtf, dude picks apart this when the show has ray guns, teleporters, time travel, and all manner of aliens, including Q...etc...but no, no, wait, this planet is too small to be real....
don't forget that show even had two characters turning into lizards because they went too fast
Old Nov 20, 2019, 02:12 AM   #311
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by necropimp View Post
don't forget that show even had two characters turning into lizards because they went too fast
... I ... don't recall that one...
Old Nov 20, 2019, 11:16 AM   #312
Jay20016
Truth Doesn't Make Fact

Jay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
I realized something while catching up on Rebels, For me the Mandalorian is like watching a live action very slightly more adult version of the Clone Wars or Rebels. And in a good way. Just with not as good music.
It should. Dave Filoni, the guy behind those shows is a co writer, director, producer on this one.

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."
Jay20016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2019, 11:45 AM   #313
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Nobody is really saying this out loud, but this show sucks.
No, it doesn't - it rocks.

I have spoken.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 11:47 AM   #314
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
No, it doesn't - it rocks.

I have spoken.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2019, 03:04 PM   #315
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
... I ... don't recall that one...
Voyager went at warp 10 I think it was, and paris and Kim turned into the lizzards, or was it just paris?

Eh, shite episode anyway.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2019, 06:16 PM   #316
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Voyager went at warp 10 I think it was, and paris and Kim turned into the lizzards, or was it just paris?

ya ya, now I remember, you are right, they went at or exceeded warp10 and could travel anywhere in an instant... and then Paris and maybe Janeway too turned into lizards... lol, yeah wtf was up with that episode, writers must have smoked a really big doobie that night... ...

Paris for sure, but I was thinking janeway or maybe it was kim...
Old Nov 20, 2019, 06:25 PM   #317
necropimp
666 Flavors

necropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:

it was paris and janeway

and they had offspring, which were left behind and never mentioned again
Old Nov 20, 2019, 06:43 PM   #318
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by necropimp View Post
it was paris and janeway

and they had offspring, which were left behind and never mentioned again
They should have shown that planet like a billion years later with a civilazation of humanoids evolved from Paris/Janeway off spring and them finding out they have DNA similarities to humans from earth.

The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2019, 11:40 PM   #319
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
ya ya, now I remember, you are right, they went at or exceeded warp10 and could travel anywhere in an instant... and then Paris and maybe Janeway too turned into lizards... lol, yeah wtf was up with that episode, writers must have smoked a really big doobie that night... ...

Paris for sure, but I was thinking janeway or maybe it was kim...
I think they went like warp 11 and got about 20,000 light years closer to earth, or something like that. But I don't remember anyone turning to lizards.

That's . (Not that it didn't/wouldn't happen)
jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2019, 12:30 AM   #320
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyboy View Post
I think they went like warp 11 and got about 20,000 light years closer to earth, or something like that. But I don't remember anyone turning to lizards.

That's . (Not that it didn't/wouldn't happen)
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2019, 03:03 AM   #321
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Old Nov 22, 2019, 12:11 PM   #322
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

If the rest of the series is as good as the first 3 episodes, then best star wars since OT.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2019, 01:55 PM   #323
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Third episode was good.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2019, 04:26 AM   #324
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
If the rest of the series is as good as the first 3 episodes, then best star wars since OT.

I do think he needs to lock his ship when he leaves
Old Nov 23, 2019, 09:20 AM   #325
necropimp
666 Flavors

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

I do think he needs to lock his ship when he leaves
to be fair, this time the guy simply walked onto the ship behind him before he could shut the door

and those jawas are like really good car thieves... they can get in your locked ship real quick
Old Nov 23, 2019, 10:51 AM   #326
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Watched the 3rd episode. I'm still not overly impressed, but its still better than 95% of the junk on TV these days.

Not really a spoiler, but I find it sort of ridiculous that in movie that has disintegration weapons and space ships, they still have screw on knobs..
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2019, 12:30 PM   #327
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
Watched the 3rd episode. I'm still not overly impressed, but its still better than 95% of the junk on TV these days.

Not really a spoiler, but I find it sort of ridiculous that in movie that has disintegration weapons and space ships, they still have screw on knobs..

everyone heeds to screw their knob sometimes it is universal

Old Nov 24, 2019, 12:04 AM   #328
GravY
Rage3D Spammer

GravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post

What type of knobs would you like?
"Yes, but God has the right to get away with anything. Shoot animals, make ugly women, allow the existence of religious nuts, and watch liederhosen-wearing midget poodle-licking pornography. God's a sick bastard." - OzzieBloke

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)
GravY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2019, 01:03 AM   #329
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravY View Post
What type of knobs would you like?
Oh, I think we know what kind of knobs he likes...

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2019, 07:40 AM   #330
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I am really enjoying it and that's coming from someone that has hated everything stars wars for the last decade.

Feels nostalgic to me, closest thing to the original movies I have seen to date.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Last edited by switchAMG : Nov 24, 2019 at 08:53 AM.
switchAMG is offline   Reply With Quote