Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 18, 2019, 08:30 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

This game feels like a complete dud thus far--unsatisfying in practically every way, from story/mission design to the combat itself. The abysmal loading screens are just the icing on the cake. I predict a 70-75 on Metacritic.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 02:03 PM   #92
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

So 20 hour game getting 6.5-7.0 reviews. Should be good for the 30 I paid.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2019, 02:15 PM   #93
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
So 20 hour game getting 6.5-7.0 reviews. Should be good for the 30 I paid.
I expect a full review when you play it.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 19, 2019, 02:18 PM   #94
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

You don’t need to wait.

https://www.google.ae/amp/s/www.vg24...em-review/amp/

https://www.google.ae/amp/s/arstechn...d/%3famp=1

Also just type Anthem review on google and watch the tubes.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 02:20 PM   #95
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
You don’t need to wait.

https://www.google.ae/amp/s/www.vg24...em-review/amp/

https://www.google.ae/amp/s/arstechn...ished/%3famp=1

Also just type Anthem review on google and watch the tubes.
Dude, I want the KAC touch on this one.

yoz
Old Feb 19, 2019, 03:54 PM   #96
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Dude, I want the KAC touch on this one.
"Bitches look like gay ironman"

"Jizzpellets all over these titans. Taking loads to the face, still won't die"

etc.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2019, 04:43 PM   #97
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post

etc.
Yep, you got it.

yoz
Old Feb 19, 2019, 10:09 PM   #98
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Another 7/10, this time from Destructoid:

https://www.destructoid.com/review-anthem-543071.phtml
Old Feb 19, 2019, 10:12 PM   #99
KAC
KAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post

etc.
Haha. This gay knows what’s up!
Old Feb 19, 2019, 11:25 PM   #100
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I was about to pull the trigger on a pre order....good thing I read the last page. Will wait for official Rage3D reviews for this too.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2019, 11:28 PM   #101
KAC
KAC

Game is between horrible and terribad. Venture if you want. It is a competent 3rd person shooter but is just with no story, lackluster loot, uninteresting bosses, ok locations and extremely annoying characters. All in all it is a piece of shite game. I bought it because I am a retard. I am asking nyc for my 30 bucks back but he wants me to give up my origin account with 50 games for it.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:02 AM   #102
jimjobob
Radeon Sea Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
I was about to pull the trigger on a pre order....good thing I read the last page. Will wait for official Rage3D reviews for this too.
I would not pay money for this. It is like a really bad version of destiny. Kind of feels like a mediocre FTP game with decent graphics.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2019, 09:00 AM   #103
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

When I played the beta I knew it what it was going to be. Even if I had Origin Access I still wouldnt install it.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2019, 09:01 AM   #104
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Game is between horrible and terribad. Venture if you want. It is a competent 3rd person shooter but is just with no story, lackluster loot, uninteresting bosses, ok locations and extremely annoying characters. All in all it is a piece of shite game. I bought it because I am a retard. I am asking nyc for my 30 bucks back but he wants me to give up my origin account with 50 games for it.
Wow.

yoz
Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:18 PM   #105
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

I love looter-shooters even without story, but I'm tempted to cancel my Origin pre-order. I know people that are having fun with this... going to read their return policy to see how long I can play before I'm sunk.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2019, 08:07 PM   #106
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
I bought it because I am a retard.

Stop buying shite KAC
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2019, 08:22 PM   #107
LlamaSmurf
Radeon R300

LlamaSmurf is still being judged by the masses

LlamaSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2019, 10:42 PM   #108
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Is it bad when it is a surprise when a AAA game is actually good? Is that what we have come to? I mean, with this game I fully expected it to be a bad game, and well that expectation did happen.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2019, 11:21 PM   #109
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
Is it bad when it is a surprise when a AAA game is actually good?
as with just about anything, it's a lot harder to make something good than bad. the AAA aspect of it means not a lot, quality wise. kindda like having a big studio behind a movie,
Too predictable.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2019, 11:23 PM   #110
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
I would not pay money for this. It is like a really bad version of destiny. Kind of feels like a mediocre FTP game with decent graphics.
This Rage3D review is good enough for me.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 11:24 PM   #111
KAC
KAC

You don’t like my reviews Megagay?
Old Feb 20, 2019, 11:30 PM   #112
Megaman
Packing heat!

Quote:
You don’t like my reviews Megagay?
How did I know you were going to point that out. Was supposed to multi quote you but left it out by mistake, then thought.... CBF going back and doing it...prefer to spend more time and effort responding to your question here than fixing it up.

Last edited by Megaman : Feb 20, 2019 at 11:39 PM.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 02:31 PM   #113
Athena
Radeon Sea Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlamaSmurf View Post
Wow that is a savage review O_o
Old Feb 21, 2019, 02:46 PM   #114
KAC
KAC

Gamingbolt gave the game a 5/10.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 04:34 PM   #115
Chubz
Doomer

Quote:
Gamingbolt gave the game a 5/10.
55 from PC Gamer. Sitting at 64 right now on Metacritic, which is much worse than I predicted. (EDIT: 63 now. lol.)

Worst BioWare game ever?

Last edited by Chubz : Feb 21, 2019 at 07:38 PM.
Chubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2019, 05:32 PM   #116
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Since ME3 in 2012 (Metacritic 89/100), this is Bioware's track record:

Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes - CANCELLED MOBA (2013)

Command & Conquer: Generals 2 - CANCELLED F2P RTS (2013)

Dragon Age: Inquisition - Well-received RPG (2014) Metacritic 85/100

Shadow Realms - CANCELLED RPG Multiplayer game (2015)

Mass Effect: Andromeda - mediocre Action RPG followup (2017) Metacritic 72/100

Anthem - poorly-received looter shooter (2019) Metacritic 63/100

Wagon Age was probably in dev for 5/6 years so half of the work was done when Bioware were still decent. Their recent track record looks abysmal. They're chasing popular genres and producing crud. Even their bread and butter (mass erect) was far lesser quality than their previous work.

I think it's fair to say that Bioware is now a junk studio that are doing exactly what EA want them to do. Wouldn't be surprised if they closed up in the next year or two. Three cancelled games is not good for the bottom line. It will depend on how Anthem sells I guess, but I don't think the numbers are strong in that regard.

They have another dragon age game in development. Probably won't see it until 2020/2021. If that flops then goodbye Bioware.

Last edited by nutcrackr : Feb 21, 2019 at 05:39 PM.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2019, 07:27 PM   #117
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird sings

Looks craptastic, looks like a cdkeys 76 cent purchase!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2019, 07:38 PM   #118
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Looks craptastic, looks like a cdkeys 76 cent purchase!
I'd buy that for a dollar!

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2019, 07:43 PM   #119
Chubz
Doomer

Just how ****ed would EA be right now if they didn't have Apex Legends to fall back on?

I was just trying to imagine how bad it'd be if Apex never happened, and all they had was Battlefield V and Anthem. Would it be one of the worst times for EA, ever?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 09:24 PM   #120
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
Just how ****ed would EA be right now if they didn't have Apex Legends to fall back on?

I was just trying to imagine how bad it'd be if Apex never happened, and all they had was Battlefield V and Anthem. Would it be one of the worst times for EA, ever?
Word on the street is that Apex Legends was a game made by the B-Team at Respawn to keep them busy while the rest work on some Star Wars licence. It was almost a throwaway but it's saving EA's ass.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote