Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Nov 26, 2018, 12:25 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Far from dead, and VR hasn't failed.
So what would you call the state of VR?

Last I saw the combined sales of Oculus and VIVE (lifetime) weren't even a million units, I think they barely got 500k in a few years. PSVR fared a bit better, shipping 3 million units in 2 years (with 30 million PS4 units being sold during the same period of time).

Facebook is currently dumping Oculus at a loss just to clear out inventory - that's how fabulous a success it has been.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2018, 12:34 PM   #32
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
It would be nice if they released some REAL games for it though.

Well, games that weren't modified from existing games (Doom, Skyrim, etc).
This is where PSVR excels, they have created some nice games just recently released but of course PSVR only.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2018, 12:40 PM   #33
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

If VR was just cheaper...

And PC gaming Forever. Well my backlog will take forever x 2 to complete.
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 26, 2018, 01:09 PM   #34
B.A. Baracus
Rage3D Veteran

B.A. Baracus is still being judged by the masses

Say one would only be interested in VR sex, is it worth the cost yet?
B.A. Baracus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2018, 01:26 PM   #35
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post
If VR was just cheaper...
This..

It's not just the headsets, but it takes some fairly decent PC power to be able to deliver VR to those headsets. Most people don't want to pay for that at this stage. As PC/console hardware catches up to being able to deliver a good VR experience, it will be more mainstream but we still have a while to go.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2018, 01:29 PM   #36
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjayb View Post
I wouldn't say VR failed. It's what I spend 90% of my gaming time playing. Pancake games just don't quite do it for me anymore.
What do you play in VR to spend 90% of your time on it? The alternative is that you only play like 1-2 hrs a week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2018, 01:43 PM   #37
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

most of my game time is in VR too.
DCS is amazing in VR. Also Beat Saber, Archery, Elite Dangerous, Golf...

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2018, 02:41 PM   #38
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

The one major thing PC gaming really lacks in this day and age is a "premier" PC-first developer.

id Software mostly focuses on multiplatform stuff just like everyone else.

Valve barely makes games anymore.

Crytek shifted towards a multiplatform focus after Crysis and Crysis: Warhead.

CD Projekt went multiplatform after the original The Witcher.

Blizzard went multiplatform right around Diablo 3/Overwatch.

Even Firaxis has begun shifting towards multiplatform development with games like XCOM 1/2; not to mention, Civilization VI very recently came out for the Switch.

Once upon a time, PC had numerous powerhouse developers that built groundbreaking games specifically for it. Those games leveraged all of the PC's power, giving us insane graphics, PC-first controls and interfaces, mod support, and more.

Those days seem to be long gone.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 02:49 PM   #39
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Yep it's dead, just like the last 10 times it died.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2018, 02:50 PM   #40
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post

Personally I have been out of PC gaming for quite a while now, I'd say past 2-3 years but I don't believe its dead. Just dead for me and I would say that's for modern gaming in general, PCs and consoles. Just got tired of the bullshit with the business aspects of the gaming industry taking precedence over traditional game design. Seems they always think of maximizing profit before fun. This could of course just be me getting older and having trouble adjusting to new trends in gaming but meh, I don't know I think newer games in general just kind of suck.
I started to feel the same way as you did, then I started to pay attention to the AA/Indie PC gaming, and realized that PC gaming where traditional game design is still very much a live and kicking.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2018, 03:01 PM   #41
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
I started to feel the same way as you did, then I started to pay attention to the AA/Indie PC gaming, and realized that PC gaming where traditional game design is still very much a live and kicking.
Yeah man, most of the PC games I play now are indie/non-AAA stuff. I feel like the fact there's been such a surge in the indie and retro style games the past 5 years or so is because of the problems with the AAA games industry I eluded to, that and of course because its cheaper to develop them so its an obvious choice for an indie studio to pursue.

We are seriously lacking in "AA" type games though, compared to in years past. Seems now everything is either huge budget AAA or indie. The big game studios need to also be working on the mid tier type games that are more sustainable and don't require selling millions upon millions of units just to turn a profit.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2018, 03:19 PM   #42
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

I haven't gamed on my PC in about 2 months. Been playing console games exclusively. God of War, Xenoblade 2, Xenoblade 2 Golden Country. I picked up Assassins Creed Odyssey, Dragon Quest Xi, and Resident Evil 7 for my PS4 Pro on black friday. I know full well they are multiplat titles, but it's just so nice to just plug in the game to the PS4 and just play. My PC is even right next to my 4k OLED TV and I have it hooked up - the problem is, is optimizing the settings so its 60fps locked all the time. one little judder and it pulls me right out of the game.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2018, 06:51 PM   #43
jjjayb
Rage3D Veteran

jjjayb can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjjjayb can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progression View Post
What do you play in VR to spend 90% of your time on it? The alternative is that you only play like 1-2 hrs a week.
1-2 hours a week? I spent 3-4 hours yesterday alone playing Contractors, Pavlov and Onward. Multiplayer shooters are a heck of a lot more fun to me in VR than they are watching it on a screen.
Intel i7 7700k @ 5.0Ghz, ASUS Z270-Extreme4, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2, 16GB EVGA DDR4-3200 Ram, Asus VG278 120hz monitor x 3, Corsair Hydro H60 water cooler, Creative SoundBlaster ZX, 2 x 500gb Samsung Evo 960 M.2 SSD, OCZ ZT 750W PSU, Cooler Master Maker 5 Case, Windows 10
jjjayb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2018, 07:40 PM   #44
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Someone ask me this same question back when Atari went bankrupt, the first time

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2018, 08:09 PM   #45
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by daPhoenix View Post
So what would you call the state of VR?

Last I saw the combined sales of Oculus and VIVE (lifetime) weren't even a million units, I think they barely got 500k in a few years. PSVR fared a bit better, shipping 3 million units in 2 years (with 30 million PS4 units being sold during the same period of time).

Facebook is currently dumping Oculus at a loss just to clear out inventory - that's how fabulous a success it has been.
I'd say it's still trying to get on its feet, and has a lot of room to grow yet. It may fail, it may not.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 08:51 PM   #46
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Not feeling the PC gaming. Only 3 games I have played a lot on PC in past 2-3 months are:

1) Forza Horizon 4
2) Shadow of Tomb Raider
3) BFV early access

Everything else has been on the consoles and man it rocks. Spider man, Monster Hunter, BLOPS4, Ass Creed, RDR2, some Halo and Tomb Raider 2013 in the same time frame. Right now hooked on BLOPS4 and Ass Creed. Both are multi plats but BLOPS4 has servers on PS4 and Ass Creed controls and looks grand on big screen. Of course these games can look better on PC but the need is not there.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2018, 09:34 PM   #47
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNapoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNapoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:

We are seriously lacking in "AA" type games though, compared to in years past.
No we don't, there are plenty of AA games in steam across various genres, either you weren't looking hard enough or you didn't find what you liked, but it's there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Not feeling the PC gaming. Only 3 games I have played a lot on PC in past 2-3 months are:

1) Forza Horizon 4
2) Shadow of Tomb Raider
3) BFV early access

Everything else has been on the consoles and man it rocks. Spider man, Monster Hunter, BLOPS4, Ass Creed, RDR2, some Halo and Tomb Raider 2013 in the same time frame. Right now hooked on BLOPS4 and Ass Creed. Both are multi plats but BLOPS4 has servers on PS4 and Ass Creed controls and looks grand on big screen. Of course these games can look better on PC but the need is not there.
People like you aren't pc gamers, so don't spread FUD about it.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 09:50 PM   #48
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
No we don't, there are plenty of AA games in steam across various genres, either you weren't looking hard enough or you didn't find what you liked, but it's there.
I'm talking about from the current big game companies. It's all AAA or bust with them.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 10:25 PM   #49
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

a review about a shitty Half Life fan fiction game but speaks on the current state of games

Too predictable.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2018, 10:47 PM   #50
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:

People like you aren't pc gamers, so don't spread FUD about it.
Gay I was a PC gamer when I was making your mum conceive you. Stfu.
The only game worth talking about on PC other than crappy indie titles is Ass Creed. Everything else has been completely destroyed by Battle Royale nonsense or low sales of RTS games etc. Others are all console ports that run and play better on consoles.
On indie crap titles I have yet to see a good strategy, FPS, action adventure, adventure, role playing (with voice) or even decent play forming titles. All we get are souls like decent games that challenge you by artificially raising difficulty and calling it a great game experience.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 11:42 PM   #51
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNapoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNapoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
I'm talking about from the current big game companies. It's all AAA or bust with them.
Why does it even matter with where do they come from???
Quote:
The only game worth talking about on PC other than crappy indie titles is Ass Creed. Everything else has been completely destroyed by Battle Royale nonsense or low sales of RTS games etc. Others are all console ports that run and play better on consoles.
On indie crap titles I have yet to see a good strategy, FPS, action adventure, adventure, role playing (with voice) or even decent play forming titles. All we get are souls like decent games that challenge you by artificially raising difficulty and calling it a great game experience.
Nope, everything you just said is only subjective and further prove how you aren't a pc gamer. I won't even bother to show you the games because it won't matter to your stance anyway.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 12:50 AM   #52
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
hahahahahahahahaha
Too predictable.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2018, 08:54 AM   #53
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Why does it even matter with where do they come from???
Hmm, I'm thinking you need to read up on the game industry more before you can discuss this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 09:08 AM   #54
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
To be fair its no secret you are notoriously ignorant about indie games. Just because a game doesn't have high production value doesn't mean its no good. In the end good games require good gameplay mechanics and that takes clever ideas, and not necessarily just high budgets.

Some great indie PC games that come to mind are:

Legend of Grimrock
Shovel Knight
Talos Principle
Hotline Miami 1 & 2
Salt and Sanctuary
The Messenger
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
Dex
Braid
Guacamelee!
This War of Mine
The Swapper
FEZ
Limbo
Super Meat Boy
Magicka
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
Trine
Cuphead
Amnesia The Dark Descent
SOMA
The Witness
Axiom Verge

I could keep going but you get the picture. And I think only one of those titles I listed is a Souls-like.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 09:25 AM   #55
GSGRUNT
Radeon Arctic Islands

GSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird sings

Only games I looked forward to were another Crysis and the rest of Half-Life.
Both franchises are dead. I'm retiring my GTX1080 system and replacing it with a Intel/AMD NUC.

So... PC gaming is dead to me.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 09:48 AM   #56
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Just because a game doesn't have high production value doesn't mean its no good. In the end good games require good gameplay mechanics and that takes clever ideas, and not necessarily just high budgets.
You had me at this.

That said, with what I play these days I would also be super happy with a PS4 pro alone. I'm not even looking at upgrading my aging PC, no need.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 10:14 AM   #57
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

I think this discussion boils down to lack of "PC only" big name game titles, in which I agree it seems they are lacking. Most notable games are multi-platform these days and the quality of experience on console vs PC is reaching parity. This has been happening ever since developers started gimping the PC versions of their games to match the console versions, for various development resource saving purposes, as well as marketing reasons.

To me, I still think there's plenty of reasons for gaming on PC over consoles. Sure, it might not be as convenient or affordable but things like settings customization, modding, infinite backwards compatibility with previous generations of games, and better deals to name a few.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 10:51 AM   #58
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Some great indie PC games that come to mind are
KAC is a graphics whore.. If it doesn't look like it was made by Michael Bay, he's not interested...
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2018, 10:52 AM   #59
KAC
KAC

Quote:
To be fair its no secret you are notoriously ignorant about indie games. Just because a game doesn't have high production value doesn't mean its no good. In the end good games require good gameplay mechanics and that takes clever ideas, and not necessarily just high budgets.

Some great indie PC games that come to mind are:

Legend of Grimrock - was ok got bored
Shovel Knight
Talos Principle - own it a couple of ok puzzles
Hotline Miami 1 & 2 - didn’t start
Salt and Sanctuary
The Messenger
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon - I think I may have it but it wasn’t for me
Dex - was ok start level
Braid - finished it was decent
Guacamelee! - played a couple of levels got bored
This War of Mine - need to try
The Swapper - played a few levels was ok
FEZ - can eat my poop
Limbo - was ok finished it
Super Meat Boy - was ok got too difficult to engage me also my hands on keyboard were getting sore
Magicka - played a bit. Enjoyed for 2 hours or so but then gave up due to repetitive gameplay
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons - got about 5 chapters in, was ok
Trine - was decent
Cuphead - need to try
Amnesia The Dark Descent - was ok for 2 hours
SOMA - finished it. Was painful to play through
The Witness - I think need to get
Axiom Verge - dunno what this is

I could keep going but you get the picture. And I think only one of those titles I listed is a Souls-like.
I have tried many indie titles. Own about 150+ of them until I gave up. Not a single game captured my interest in a meaningful way.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 11:31 AM   #60
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

VR is hardly dead; location-based VR is already expanding and we'll probably have wireless headsets for home/PC use within a few years. It'll probably blow up when that happens.

And that doesn't even count when AR/mixed reality comes around, which it will.