Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 11, 2018, 05:32 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled with

Interview confirmed things

Always online for sure.

Can I play offline?

You can not. Playing by yourself doing quests you will see other players and you can interact with them you can ignore them. There is a quest line. There are no npcs that's one of the big difference we really leaned on which is every human, every character you see is a real person.

There are still robots and terminals and holotapes if you look at fallout 4 and the kind of found world quest we still do all of that.

And if you watch a person playing fallout 4 doing that and they run into a gang of raiders, as opposed to that those are real players.

So is there always pvp?

well... we are still dialing that. we don't want it to be greify but still have drama there.

No way to opt out of pvp

Vats still there?

vats still there in real time doesn't slow time, lets you target and pick parts in real time, it's different but the basics are there.

mods in an online environment how are you going to treat this

we love mods we are 100% committed to this but not at launch. but at some period later, we are still designing this but you will be able to have your own private world and do modding and all of that.

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2018, 06:15 PM   #62
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

full Interview

bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2018, 06:53 PM   #63
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled with

Fallout 4, people voice their dislike of the voiced dialogue and the crappy wheel system.

Bethesda "I got you"

Removes all npcs and dialogue in fallout 76.

Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 11, 2018, 07:11 PM   #64
Fleksta
Radeon R600

Fleksta is still being judged by the masses

Sounds like they've created Grand Theft Fallout: Rusty Edition, primed for micro-transactions and loot crates...inhabited by players competing to be the biggest arsehole in the game. I really don't understand the draw of games like that.

They want to limit griefing, but I don't see how that can be accomplished without restricting PVP to certain zones. "You can ignore them" but what if they don't ignore you? Nothing says Fallout like getting mini-nuked and teabagged by some random guy named DingleBerry48.
Fleksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2018, 09:59 PM   #65
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

No buy from me.
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2018, 11:14 PM   #66
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Guess I will pass on this as well.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2018, 11:23 PM   #67
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete stranger

Im passing too
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2018, 08:47 AM   #68
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapeshifter View Post
Fallout 4, people voice their dislike of the voiced dialogue and the crappy wheel system.

Bethesda "I got you"

Removes all npcs and dialogue in fallout 76.

Old Jun 12, 2018, 08:34 PM   #69
cbsboyer
ATI EGA Wonder

cbsboyer once held a door open for a complete strangercbsboyer once held a door open for a complete strangercbsboyer once held a door open for a complete strangercbsboyer once held a door open for a complete stranger

New storyline - great, love story driven games
Leave the vault 20 years after the bombs dropped - great, allows for new, challenging environments
Much larger map - great, I love exploring, looking forward to the new game
Online with other people - FTS, I'm out...

"Relationships are like dormant volcanoes, most of the time things are fine or manageable but there's always a chance she blows molten crazy all over you." - ice
cbsboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:15 PM   #70
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:27 PM   #71
DigitalDemon
Swordless Mimetown

DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards

Ugh.. it was supposed to be in 500 years.. not 50!

DigitalDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2018, 12:46 PM   #72
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Old Jun 14, 2018, 01:32 PM   #73
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

This fallout can eat a dick.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2018, 04:17 PM   #74
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Old Jun 14, 2018, 06:07 PM   #75
Evileh

Evileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
ok I feel a lot better now
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Old Jun 14, 2018, 07:38 PM   #76
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
yea as I bought it before e3

47 bucks it's worth it just to see it
Old Jun 14, 2018, 07:46 PM   #77
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

song playing in the background at E3? lol

tell me lies tell me sweet little lies

Last edited by Shapeshifter : Jun 14, 2018 at 08:01 PM.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 05:47 AM   #78
Fleksta
Radeon R600

Fleksta is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
I'm not sure, black shirt seemed like he was getting irritated having to explain the workings of the game as it relates to a single player experience. Then Todd keeps skirting the question even when asked directly.

Seems to me like they didn't expect so much backlash against the online idea.
Fleksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2018, 09:46 AM   #79
Evileh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleksta View Post
I'm not sure, black shirt seemed like he was getting irritated having to explain the workings of the game as it relates to a single player experience. Then Todd keeps skirting the question even when asked directly.

Seems to me like they didn't expect so much backlash against the online idea.
How could they not? I mean wtf?
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
Old Jun 15, 2018, 10:23 AM   #80
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

They should have just called this Fallout Online to avoid any confusion. And there cannot be any real single player or Solo experience if there are no NPC's.
So they tried to be coy and now they're being called on it.

Elder Scrolls Online you can actually play as a single player campaign if you want. There a NPC's everywhere that gives you quests just like in a regular single player game, and there's even a main storyline to follow.

This new Fallout doesn't even have that.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2018, 10:26 AM   #81
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
They should have just called this Fallout Online to avoid any confusion. And there cannot be any real single player or Solo experience if there are no NPC's.
So they tried to be coy and now they're being called on it.

Elder Scrolls Online you can actually play as a single player campaign if you want. There a NPC's everywhere that gives you quests just like in a regular single player game, and there's even a main storyline to follow.

This new Fallout doesn't even have that.
Yea I think the reason it is releasing this soon after fallout 4 is for that very reason. They could have easily added npcs around the world and fleshed it out, had a real single player experience inside it along with the multiplayer aspect as it stands if they wanted. An empty world just filled with monsters and other players is much easier to make.

But that would have taken more time, and the cash cow $ twinkle in their eyes after looking at how other studios are raking it in with similar game types has them wanting it out ASAP.

Old Jun 15, 2018, 11:21 AM   #82
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

COD Fallout edition.

Might as well if this is the direction they're going.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 01:13 PM   #83
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

well got a beta access code from amazon and entered it …..

I'll see when the beta comes out
Old Jun 17, 2018, 07:52 AM   #84
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
well got a beta access code from amazon and entered it …..

I'll see when the beta comes out
How did you get beta access from Amazon?
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2018, 10:12 AM   #85
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
How did you get beta access from Amazon?
preordered

preorder most anywhere and they email it to you

any version

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3.../1100-6459821/

Last edited by bill dennison : Jun 17, 2018 at 10:17 AM.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 11:32 PM   #86
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Fallout 76 and How the Multiplayer Really Works

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/06/...-really-works/
Old Jul 1, 2018, 11:51 AM   #87
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Bethesda would 'love' crossplay for Fallout 76, but Sony is dragging its heels
https://www.pcgamer.com/bethesda-wou...ing-its-heels/

just skip ps4
Old Jul 23, 2018, 11:32 AM   #88
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
QuakeCon 2018 Schedule Includes DOOM Eternal Reveal, Fallout 76 Panel and More

FALLOUT 76 PANEL AND FAN Q&A

Saturday, August 11 @ 11am CT

https://wccftech.com/quakecon-schedu...ternal-reveal/
Old Aug 12, 2018, 01:45 AM   #89
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Online play also introduces the issue of griefing from antagonistic players, and Howard finally revealed their approach to overcoming that potential annoyance. If a player begins attacking another, the victim can choose to engage and trigger a proper PVP battle with rewards, including a bonus should the fallen player seek revenge once he or she respawns.

However, if the victim chooses not to engage, the damage inflicted by the attacker is much less than usual. Still, that weakened damage can gradually build, and should the unwilling combatant die, the aggressor gets no rewards—and instead is branded a “wanted murderer” within the game.

“We turn the assholes into interesting content,” said Howard. “They appear on your map as a red star. Everybody sees them and they have a bounty on their head. That bounty comes out of their own caps, and they can’t see the other players on the map. We had this idea, like, ‘Let’s make them interesting content.’ When anybody murders somebody when we’re playing in the office, everyone sees it on the map and it is awesome.”
https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news...on-1202902685/

……..

Quote:
Bethesda Says Fallout 76 Avoiding Steam Doesn't Mean All Future Games Will Too, Doom Eternal Undecided

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/08/...rnal-undecided
Old Aug 12, 2018, 01:56 AM   #90
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

PvP in an online PvP game now makes a player an "asshole"?

Can someone ship Howard over here so I can punch him in the face a few times.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote