Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 1, 2018, 02:02 AM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Flyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFlyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Not gonna lie... Far Cry 5 is the best damn optimized game I have ever played. Set Res scaling to 2 and I'm still getting 90+ FPS. (1080p, Ultra Settings)

Kinda curious as to how its gonna roll when the high res texture packs come out down the road though.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 03:56 AM   #212
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

It is optimized because you are running a 2012/2013 era engine on 2016/2017 era hardware.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2018, 04:49 AM   #213
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
Multigpu is only around 50%-60% scaling. With GPU prices double what they should be only getting that is poor.
Fix your ****. I get 80 to 90%. Maybe stop running the game at peasant resolutions
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 1, 2018, 05:23 AM   #214
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

This is the best version of FC 3 so far, the Seed family feels like they are a bad fit for a game as goofy as FC 5 though.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2018, 05:50 AM   #215
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
This is the best version of FC 3 so far, the Seed family feels like they are a bad fit for a game as goofy as FC 5 though.
I'd agree with that statement. Game could be a lot more serious and gruesome. Especially considering what the seed family is trying to accomplish
Old Apr 1, 2018, 08:55 AM   #216
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

It was until the SJW internet crowd got to them.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 09:31 AM   #217
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Fix your ****. I get 80 to 90%. Maybe stop running the game at peasant resolutions
You do realize that all reviews using the latest driver in SLI only get 50% - 60% on Nvidia, AMD scales better with Crossfire but the hitching is annoying on AMD.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2018, 11:39 AM   #218
jimjobob
Radeon Sea Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
This game's anti-aliasing is abysmal.

Either you use SMAA, which leaves tons of jaggies, or you turn on TAA and blur everything.

The only other option is supersampling, which absolutely murders your frame rate.

I swear I think Far Cry 3 and 4 looked better because of this. They might not've been as sexy overall, but they weren't jaggy/Vaseline fests either.
That makes me think WTF and think something is up with PC because the game looks fantastic on a XboneX. I see 0 shimmering or jaggies and the image is far from blurred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
It is exactly the same as Farcry 3 and 4 without the storyline. Even graphics are the same.
I agree on the crap story. It is actually hard to keep playing this and not go back to Wolfenstein 2 but I know if I take this out it will never go back in.

The graphics though are far superior to 4. I would put it at the very least on par with Origins. The thing that does kind of ruin it visually though are the piss poor animations.
jimjobob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2018, 01:31 PM   #219
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
You do realize that all reviews using the latest driver in SLI only get 50% - 60% on Nvidia, AMD scales better with Crossfire but the hitching is annoying on AMD.
Thats nice, I get 80 to 90% sometimes more.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 08:22 PM   #220
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

the weapons in this game are kind a meh, they do the job sure but I'd like to see more variety and customizations. You'd think ubisoft could easily dump their ghost recon and siege weapon assets into FC
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2018, 10:21 PM   #221
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
the weapons in this game are kind a meh, they do the job sure but I'd like to see more variety and customizations. You'd think ubisoft could easily dump their ghost recon and siege weapon assets into FC

I like that a headshot is a headshot though.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2018, 12:13 AM   #222
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I killed John Seed - trying to decide which region to do next - east or north.

Game makes me want to go visit Montana.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2018, 03:13 AM   #223
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I wish enemy bodies didn't vanish after clearing an outpost.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:54 AM   #224
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
I like that a headshot is a headshot though.
As opposed to an arrow to the knee?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:43 AM   #225
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
I wish enemy bodies didn't vanish after clearing an outpost.
Yea not sure why this happens as it would be nice collecting the loot before they disappear.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:56 AM   #226
KAC
KAC

Yeah, agree on this one. In previous games the body were always there after clearing the outpost, in this one NO.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 03:15 PM   #227
Canesfan2020
Radeon Northern Islands

Canesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCanesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I was thinking maybe the shop owners clean up the body's to force you to have to buy their stuff.
Canesfan2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:01 PM   #228
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

It was hard using Boomer because it pained me whenever someone hurt him, so I got me a Cheeseburger now. That bear can take a beating!
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2018, 04:03 AM   #229
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arioch View Post
It was hard using Boomer because it pained me whenever someone hurt him, so I got me a Cheeseburger now. That bear can take a beating!
yeah i wasn't too happy about having to murder a bunch of bulls

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2018, 06:21 AM   #230
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

needs a patch to let boomer into cars
Old Apr 4, 2018, 08:58 PM   #231
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Far Cry 5 Breaks Sales Records
"Ubisoft announced today that Far Cry 5 is now the second biggest launch ever for a Ubisoft game, second only to Tom Clancy's The Division. It has made $310 million in its first week through consumer spending."

Infographic with random stats released by Ubisoft. (source)
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2018, 09:42 PM   #232
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Kinda said that ass creed is not top for noobisoft. Is Ass creed at least third?
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:44 PM   #233
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Ironic that its second only to division haha
Old Apr 4, 2018, 11:01 PM   #234
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I'm thinking of grabbing this but I skipped FC 2 FC 3 and FC 4. Are they tied in?
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2018, 11:07 PM   #235
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
I'm thinking of grabbing this but I skipped FC 2 FC 3 and FC 4. Are they tied in?
separate
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2018, 11:11 PM   #236
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Excellent
Old Apr 5, 2018, 12:32 AM   #237
KAC
KAC

Play FC3. Much better game.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 01:10 AM   #238
Megaman
Packing heat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Play FC3. Much better game.

Purchased!
Old Apr 5, 2018, 01:49 AM   #239
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Flyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFlyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Purchased!

If you planned on buying FC5 with the Season Pass, you could have just waited. FC5 Season Pass comes with FC3.

lol.

I paid the $80 for the Gold Edition Pre-Order. So far, love the game but kinda disliking the story. I'd have loved more flexibility in the plot line. Like instead of killing the cult leaders, taking them prisoner and holding them or some ****.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 01:52 AM   #240
Megaman
Packing heat!

Nah I purchased FC3