Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Nov 5, 2017, 11:42 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
thanks for all the suggestions guys. in the process of trying to sort it out. guess i could roll-back to the previous gpu drivers - it was working with the 388.00's.
OBS is another thing that shouldn't be used while playing.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2017, 03:36 AM   #92
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
OBS is another thing that shouldn't be used while playing.
interesting - 2 pc setup for streaming needs me to have obs open to get sound on my rendering pc. i'll try running audio directly from it to test this. thank you

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2017, 05:37 PM   #93
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Man, this game is really difficult to get started with, and I'm only playing on Normal.

Pretty much everything one shots me outside of the Goliet except for those glowing bugs and biters. Can't seem to find a decent weapon either, no starting armor, and now I'm running out of "easy" quests to level up with, meaning I'm going to be stuck weak for some time. Who the **** thought this was good game design?

PB games usually starts you off weak as it did in every game from Gothic 1 to Risen 3, but this one takes the cake making it frustrating rather than fun.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 11, 2017, 05:58 PM   #94
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Man, this game is really difficult to get started with, and I'm only playing on Normal.

Pretty much everything one shots me outside of the Goliet except for those glowing bugs and biters. Can't seem to find a decent weapon either, no starting armor, and now I'm running out of "easy" quests to level up with, meaning I'm going to be stuck weak for some time. Who the **** thought this was good game design?

PB games usually starts you off weak as it did in every game from Gothic 1 to Risen 3, but this one takes the cake making it frustrating rather than fun.
I didn't find it frustrating at all, and it is actually kind of easy to move about the map without getting into combat. I went from Goliet all the way up to the Dome city (North of Goliet, just below the snow area, you see a big circle, that is the Domed City, which by the way has easy quests as well) You can easily get to The Fort, which is in the desert area, which also has easy quests to complete. There is a ton of quests where you do not have to do any combat, or at the very least easy combat even for a level 1 character.

I am really enjoying it and feel it was designed great /shrug
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2017, 10:00 PM   #95
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
For the first 15 or so hours of the game or so it isn't truly open world - you need to follow a very specific path or you'll just die over and over. Keep this image up on your second monitor while playing, (it has no spoilers), it will help a great deal with removing the early game frustration.

Follow the general direction on that image, do all the non-combat quests you can find, kill any low level mobs you find, and remember the "safe for low level path" is very narrow. You could be fighting a Level 1 mob close to the beaten path, and 20 meters away there's Level 10 mobs that can 1-shot you. I guess the devs expected you to utilize quick saving/dying repeatedly to find your way through the world.

Character and gearing progression is very slow at the start. I read somewhere it's at about L12 or so before you feel your character begins to feel decent enough to get off the beaten path. (for eg I'm 17 hours in and still using the starting rusty axe and level 1 gear I bought in goliet.) Game is a typical PB eurojank game (that is not an insult), you just need to have a little patience before you get the hang of it and it starts to click.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2017, 10:45 PM   #96
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I remember being really weak in Gothic 1/2 also, and if you were out running through the woods you could come across something that would just rip you in half. You had to play it safe. But then later on when you get more powerful, you really feel powerful, unlike in most games.

That aspect was one of the things missing from Gothic 3 (among many other problems). You started out just cutting through orcs, whereas in the previous ones you had to "earn it" (granted, it would have been weird if you'd become totally weak again after being such a badass twice before).
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2017, 06:03 AM   #97
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
I remember being really weak in Gothic 1/2 also, and if you were out running through the woods you could come across something that would just rip you in half. You had to play it safe. But then later on when you get more powerful, you really feel powerful, unlike in most games.

That aspect was one of the things missing from Gothic 3 (among many other problems). You started out just cutting through orcs, whereas in the previous ones you had to "earn it" (granted, it would have been weird if you'd become totally weak again after being such a badass twice before).
from what i recall in g2 a lone orc would absolutely slaughter you for the first dozen levels or so. Thats pb's MO i think, insanely hard early game and relatively easy/god like end game.
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2017, 08:59 AM   #98
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Thanks for the tips, especially that map.

I finally leveled up and got enough stats to use the Hatchet axe, and that is so much better than that pipe you start out with. Also unlocked Duras as a companion, so now enemies are much easier to kill. I was able to clear out an entire Reaver camp by luring them out one by one and taking them on with Duras, despite them having skulls above their heads (indicating they are too strong for you at your level). Creatures the same way.

There are still powerful creatures and mobs that can overwhelm us, but overall the "medium" monsters are now much easier to handle, and I can explore more outside of Goliet without getting one-shotted, and now the game is alot more fun.

Amazing how the difficuly shifted with just a level or two. That hatchet only has a damage increase of 10 vs the pipe (30 vs 20), but I can hurt monsters now whereas the pipe was ineffective.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 06:56 PM   #99
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

This actually looks pretty darn good overall.

Another patch or 2 and it should be great.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 07:29 PM   #100
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

All this talk from the berserkers about being exiled to the valley of the damned like it's a death sentence, and there's two damn roads that goes in/out of it
Old Nov 21, 2017, 11:08 PM   #101
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird sings

Added to wishlist.

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
battlenet: voxmortis, origin: asci_blue, steam: death_incarnate352
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2017, 02:10 PM   #102
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Completed this at about 75 hours in and got the good ending. I enjoyed it mostly, though it's definitely not a game for everyone, even those who like RPGs. It's a eurojank title, something anyone who has played any of Pirhana Bytes previous games would be familiar with. I would recommend it to you only if you've played any of PB's previous RPGs and accept that the occasional clunkiness and frustration are part of the overall package.

Some Pros
-The world is large and has a vast amount of content packed into it. The map can be deceiving as this game has a fair amount of vertical exploration, the gameplay part of the game world (ie not counting large empty areas) is large enough in size it's probably comparable to an Elder Scrolls game.
-Both the main story as well as the individual plot-lines of the factions, primary characters and your companions are both fairly well done and interesting - optionally exploration will also uncover notes/books/audiologs etc which contribute nicely to the world building
-You start off weak and will spend the first few hours of the game incapable of taking on anything but the weakest of creatures - but the payoff is that as the game progresses you really appreciate your character's growth in strength and power.
-Quite a few quests have multiple ways of dealing with them with consequences that matter, the system is robust enough to handle some of the key characters dying or getting killed early on, and there is quite a lot of optional side content in the game
-Not often you get an RPG with an armament scope anywhere from sword+sandals to magic+fireballs to guns+ammunition to lasers+plasma weapons simultaneously. The game does a pretty decent job of blending all the archetypes into a coherent experience, not just being mix and match playable but also making sense within the confines of the story

Some Cons
-Combat is clunky as hell when there's multiple enemies. Against 1 enemy its fine, against 2 enemies it's serviceable, but anything involving groups is just a mess. I could list a ton of things that could be improved here, but the most problematic is probably the hidden Poise mechanic (using Souls terminology). Too many plain-jane enemies have simple attacks that will result in a stun/knockdown, whereas they seems to have very high Poise with often uninterruptible combos. It wouldn't be a PB game without the occasional 'stunlocked to death' feature, wouldn't it.
-The game needs a lot of polish with some of it's systems (such as the combat, the inventory management, the questlog, crafting etc) - multiple times while playing the game I said to myself "why couldn't they cut the world size down by 1/3rd and spend the time/money on polishing the systems in the game that need it". Can't help but think that the game world is so large with so much content that maybe they spent too much time on it rather that some quality assurance with the rest of the game.
-The game has this 'cold system' for keeping track of how 'good/evil' you are, which isn't too different I guess from reputation systems in typical RPGs. Problem is that later on in the game it locks you into specific dialogue options, that can be the completely total opposite of how you played the game. For example you could play the entire game as a 'good guy' - but if your cold value isn't within a specific range for some very important plot quests you might be locked into 'evil bad guy' dialogue.

There's a lot I can go on but for now I'll just say that for the 35 bucks I paid for this title it was worth it and I enjoyed my time with it mostly, and anyone who has enjoyed PBs old games (like the gothic games or risen games) should enjoy this title. I heard they are working on Elex2 right now, which means this was successful enough to warrant a sequel, I'm happy at their success but I wish they would borrow some ideas (especially combat) from other devs, the way everyone has been borrowing from From Software in recent years.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Old Nov 28, 2017, 02:36 PM   #103
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Still playing the game, at level 20 currently. I would say I'm moderately powerful enough to take on even the toughest skulled enemies (with the exception of fighting colossus), just got to be smart about it and doing alot of running/dodging/jet packing/ranged attacks.

The beginning was rough as **** though. If I ever replay the game I would not want to go through that again. Yeah it was satisfying to grow in power, but those early frustrations were just too much.

PB also have the Gothic rights back, so hopefully we'll see a Gothic 4 (a real Gothic 4) soon as well.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 06:08 PM   #104
Nagorak

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

How does the game compare to Gothic 3 and Risen? Gothic 3 had horrible combat, that's a given, but in the end my major issue with it was that it was just too long. It started out mostly like every other PB game and I really enjoyed it at first, but the last 20 hours of the game I just wanted it to end. The whole "help me do this trivial task" quest system just started to get old for me by the time I got to the third land. (However, the bad combat didn't help, as that just got more and more annoying as I lost interest in the game.)

Risen, on the other hand, combat was better, and overall game length was ok. The problem was that the story started out well, with exploring the island and meeting the factions/helping various people, but then the last half of the game was just a dungeon crawl and simply wasn't as enjoyable (that's not what people like about PB games).

Did PB finally manage to get the mix right in this one? The fact that it's 75 hours long sort of scares me to be honest. It was at about the 50 hour mark that Gothic 3 started to overstay its welcome with me. I didn't have a problem with either Gothic 1 or Gothic 2, but they weren't as long. Even with NOTR expansion Gothic 2 was only about 50 hours long.

I do think it's probably true that it might benefit them to cut back on content a little bit to focus on polish.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 09:31 PM   #105
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
How does the game compare to Gothic 3 and Risen? ...but the last 20 hours of the game I just wanted it to end.
It's better than both. Pacewise its actually the opposite, where the first 15 hours is the sluggish part of the game (as you start off weak so it's advisable to stick to the cities talking to people, focusing on non-combat quests (see the image I posted a few posts up)). I didn't feel any pacing problems later in the game.

You do have a jetpack for the entirety of the game, which makes exploring and traversing the world a little less sluggish than the old school PB games. No fall damage from any distance is quite handy with all the vertical terrain/buildings in the world.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 11:07 PM   #106
lviz
On my way

lviz is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

PB also have the Gothic rights back, so hopefully we'll see a Gothic 4 (a real Gothic 4) soon as well.
That's interesting news. Especially the Xardas ending of G3 does leave open possibilites for anything they'd ever wish to do with the storyline.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 12:10 AM   #107
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

I just wish they would create the exact same games they create normally, but out source the combat to someone else!! ! Or at the very least copy it from another game Severence combat in gothic 4 anyone?
Old Nov 29, 2017, 08:56 AM   #108
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lviz View Post
That's interesting news. Especially the Xardas ending of G3 does leave open possibilites for anything they'd ever wish to do with the storyline.
They've had the rights since 2011. I've read they've been hesitant to restart Gothic since it sold the least compared to the Risen series, and apparently Elex sold enough to warrant a sequel.

Really want to see Gothic 4 though (the original Gothic 4: Arcania was renamed to just Arcania after the rights went back to PB).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothic_(series)

They just need to make it fun, give it good combat, and market the hell out of it....everyone likes fantasy RPG's like the Elder Scrolls and Gothic was always a great alternative.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 12:44 PM   #109
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
They've had the rights since 2011. I've read they've been hesitant to restart Gothic since it sold the least compared to the Risen series, and apparently Elex sold enough to warrant a sequel.

Really want to see Gothic 4 though (the original Gothic 4: Arcania was renamed to just Arcania after the rights went back to PB).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothic_(series)

They just need to make it fun, give it good combat, and market the hell out of it....everyone likes fantasy RPG's like the Elder Scrolls and Gothic was always a great alternative.
That's just it though, all of their gmes are pretty epic as they are, and while they do have some issues here and there, and are not perfectly balanced, none of it would really be an issue if the combat was decent. With better combat, these games would rival the elder scrolls. God know they have less bugs then bethesda games do on launch. (though maybe, more often crashes that prevent people playing)
Old Nov 29, 2017, 04:39 PM   #110
Nagorak

I just don't know whether there's anything more to be done with Gothic. I think it was arguable they could have just left it at 2. You sort of sail off into the sunset in the end. Then the third one covers the war with the orcs. I mean, they can keep going, but really it seems like it's sort of run its course.

That being said, Gothic 3 left kind of a bad taste in my mouth, so that probably has soured me on the whole Gothic series. Gothic 1/2 were some of the best games I've ever played, so I was really excited when G3 came out. But then I loaded it up and it ran like absolute **** (like borderline unplayable), so I put it aside. Then when I finally went back to play it after like 7 years I was still left disappointed.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 01:32 AM   #111
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

the gothic series has a better sense of place than any modern rpg imo. yea it wasn't pretty, but it had a npc society, not just traffic. the protagonist isn't even a hero with some preordained destiny to fulfill - you become relevant by chance. its the classic example of wrong place at the wrong time. its just a sensible game.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2018, 07:27 AM   #112
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

So any updates on this? Humble Bundle has it for $33 and I'm tempted for a gritty RPG. Haven't got into one since I finished Witcher 3 and all the DLC early in 2017..
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2018, 01:54 PM   #113
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
So any updates on this? Humble Bundle has it for $33 and I'm tempted for a gritty RPG. Haven't got into one since I finished Witcher 3 and all the DLC early in 2017..
What kind of update? The game was pretty good at launch and I don't think it's changed since. Not stellar, just good. I guess it fits well with the Gothic games then.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 04:47 PM   #114
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

i guess he meant to ask if it's patched up enough to be fun and worthwile

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another definition of a hero is someone who is concerned about other people's well-being, and will go out of his or her way to help them -- even if there is no chance of a reward. That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2018, 08:35 AM   #115
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
i guess he meant to ask if it's patched up enough to be fun and worthwile
I don't think the release was so terrible an event that a patch is going to make a world of difference in the decisionmaking process between buying or not buying. I think Elex is one of those games you'll have to buy on Steam with an eye on the clock: two hours of playtime to decide if you'll refund it or not.

I must say though, most times I take a plunge on something I'm pleasantly surprised. I think my expectations are lower for games that aren't mega popular. Easier to forgive something its shortcomings if it isn't hyped up to infinity.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 09:47 PM   #116
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

My take on it after two hours:

If you enjoyed the Gothic 1/2 games, you're already preconditioned to move past bad voice acting and nonsensical character animations.

Other than that, it's a perfectly fine game. Combat mechanics are confusing until you realize the green circle around your health is your stamina, and if it depletes, you need to stop click-clicking.

Little annoyed at the "SPACE [CLIMB]" messages that keep appearing.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2018, 12:12 AM   #117
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

This game is 50% off on Steam until April 6th - have all the patches worked out the major kinks in the game?
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2018, 03:56 AM   #118
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

There were not a huge amount of problematic kinks in the first place
Old Apr 4, 2018, 08:22 PM   #119
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arioch View Post
This game is 50% off on Steam until April 6th - have all the patches worked out the major kinks in the game?
I'm not sure of the previous state, but am 22 hours in, and haven't experienced any bugs, major or moderate. Some minor clipping issues, camera angles that don't work during dialogue... that sort of thing.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:43 PM   #120
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

my only problem with the game so far, is the movement is awkward as ****