Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 20, 2017, 08:01 AM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The normal movement controls feels a bit more clunky than usual in elex.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2017, 10:51 AM   #62
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I'm using an XBone controller and overall it's very smooth. The combat baffles me though. I get the !-in-a-triangle icon frequently, which basically makes me stand there and get massacred until my stamina returns (or whatever it is).

Gothic and Risen combat has always been janky. That doesn't really bother me. The inability to fight back does.

EDIT: Just watched the IGN review. I agree about the combat. Hopefully PB will fix the bugs soon. I might just shelve the game until then. I still need to finish Divinity: OS 2 anyway.

Last edited by Munkus : Oct 20, 2017 at 11:00 AM.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2017, 01:46 PM   #63
mynakedrat2
Bobcats gold weights

mynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

i dont get the combo meter. it build up, and sometimes it has me press q i think, and then some other buttons to go into a finishing combo. But when i try to fill that meter and make this happen, i cant get it to prompt me. do you have to do a light then heavy attack to initiate the combo?
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 20, 2017, 02:26 PM   #64
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

You just have to time the attacks right, don't click to quick or it won't fill up. You have to click attack right as the last one ends. Eisberg posted a video on the previous page that explains the system.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 02:49 PM   #65
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I thought that the ingame tutorial did a good job explaining that the combo meter was timing based.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 11:54 PM   #66
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

It did, hahaha. Not sure why people are having problems with it.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 12:36 AM   #67
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynakedrat2 View Post
i dont get the combo meter. it build up, and sometimes it has me press q i think, and then some other buttons to go into a finishing combo. But when i try to fill that meter and make this happen, i cant get it to prompt me. do you have to do a light then heavy attack to initiate the combo?
Watch this, it might help you

Also, there is a parry mechanic. While holding your parry button, if you time it it right, if you press your attack button you will do this parry that will stun your opponent and allows you to get some free hits.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2017, 12:38 AM   #68
mynakedrat2
Bobcats gold weights

mynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
You just have to time the attacks right, don't click to quick or it won't fill up. You have to click attack right as the last one ends. Eisberg posted a video on the previous page that explains the system.
ok ill try that
Old Oct 21, 2017, 02:50 PM   #69
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird sings

interested in this game, but it sounds buggy and poorly documented, should I wait or is it worth diving in now...
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2017, 04:34 PM   #70
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
interested in this game, but it sounds buggy and poorly documented, should I wait or is it worth diving in now...
The only thing I can say is what this guy says

I am personally loving it and enjoying every minute.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 01:10 PM   #71
Scart
Radeon Northern Islands

Scart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The game is definitely my GOTY of 2017, at least so far. I do have high hopes for Origins and a few others, but until those drop and prove their worth, Elex is finally the hit that Piranha Bytes were working towards all those releases for Gothic and Risen.
Scart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2017, 03:36 PM   #72
mynakedrat2
Bobcats gold weights

I'm really liking it now I have the combat down. I am currently seeking out everything in the first town that duras guides you to. I took to the clerics den and found so much stuff! There are so many little hidden nooks, I really like it.
As with any gothicy game, the ini can be heavily tweaked for your graphics card. I out shadows, view distance, lod waay up, no change in framerate on the 1080 @ 4k
Old Oct 22, 2017, 09:58 PM   #73
AdamK47
Radeon R700

AdamK47 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAdamK47 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I'll probably get it at some point. I like Piranha Bytes games.
AdamK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2017, 10:08 PM   #74
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
The only thing I can say is what this guy says

I am personally loving it and enjoying every minute.
I don't need a game to be perfect, but it sounds like if those of us that haven't played it yet wait a couples months we'll probably have a much more enjoyable experience... I think I'll wait fro x-mas vacation then can really enjoy...

I really miss playing Skyrim, I haven't enjoyed a game as much as Skyrim, since Skyrim came out... nothing even close actually...
Old Oct 24, 2017, 02:47 AM   #75
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

i found what i think is a rather annoying bug. if you draw your weapon, the guards will become hostile, but not attack immediately. however if you simply back away a few steps, they don't seem to notice the weapon is still unsheathed.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2017, 11:04 PM   #76
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Any idea on when they plan to release their first patch? Looked on their website and couldn't find any info about a patch..

V
Old Oct 26, 2017, 10:45 AM   #77
mynakedrat2
Bobcats gold weights

We need a patch! I have stopped after the first town. I feel like a large patch is gonna kill my save game so I am holding on this one.
Colossus anyone?
Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:09 PM   #78
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Patch released today, don't need to restart game.
Quote:
Old Oct 28, 2017, 06:13 AM   #79
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Exclamation

Quote:
Patch released today, don't need to restart game.
how is it, did it make a significant improvement?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/41130...6439030727239/
Old Oct 28, 2017, 06:17 AM   #80
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
how is it, did it make a significant improvement?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/41130...6439030727239/
I have not played the game with the new patch yet. Will get to play the game again in about 21ish hours.
Quote:
Old Nov 2, 2017, 11:55 AM   #81
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I am a fan of Piranha Bytes games but think I will wait for the first few patches before buying it.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2017, 05:56 PM   #82
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arioch View Post
I am a fan of Piranha Bytes games but think I will wait for the first few patches before buying it.
previous patch broke it for me - game will not even start now. on the shelf for now.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 07:22 PM   #83
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
previous patch broke it for me - game will not even start now. on the shelf for now.
Do you have the Steam version?
Quote:
Old Nov 5, 2017, 01:02 AM   #84
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Do you have the Steam version?
yes sir. i get the splash screen, then piranha bytes, then error message the operation has terminated.

Quote:
Old Nov 5, 2017, 01:56 AM   #85
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Quote:
yes sir. i get the splash screen, then piranha bytes, then error message the operation has terminated.
Dang, was hoping you had the GoG version so you could roll back to previous version.

Do a search on Steam Elex forums I give I saw a thread or do that solved thier problem.
Quote:
Old Nov 5, 2017, 03:42 AM   #86
Mangler
PC

Looks like they just released a new patch, maybe that will get the game working for you again.

NVM, seems like the game never auto updated for me.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 03:50 AM   #87
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Quote:
Are you using any software that includes an overlay, other than Steam's overlay? I see reports of people getting rid of Geforce Experience, MSI Afterburner, ect to fix their issue you are having. Could even try disabling Steam's overlay for the game just to make sure.
Quote:
Old Nov 5, 2017, 09:42 PM   #88
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

So after EW2 just started this game. Terrain graphics are really simplistic, in contrast to character models which are superb. It's like they used the same environment artists for Gothic 3, which looked good when that came out, but not in 2017.

Also one thing that popped out was NPC characters can like and dislike what you're saying? And x character will "remember that" depending on what dialogue you choose?

What is this, a tell tale game?

I just started but is this like/dislike/remember crap actually like a tell tell game or is it basically bs?
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2017, 09:58 PM   #89
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

thanks for all the suggestions guys. in the process of trying to sort it out. guess i could roll-back to the previous gpu drivers - it was working with the 388.00's.

Quote:
Old Nov 5, 2017, 11:42 PM   #90
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
So after EW2 just started this game. Terrain graphics are really simplistic, in contrast to character models which are superb. It's like they used the same environment artists for Gothic 3, which looked good when that came out, but not in 2017.

Also one thing that popped out was NPC characters can like and dislike what you're saying? And x character will "remember that" depending on what dialogue you choose?

What is this, a tell tale game?

I just started but is this like/dislike/remember crap actually like a tell tell game or is it basically bs?
Never played a Tell Tale game so I don't know. But what you say or do can come effect something else in the game. So it is not BS, it does effect something.
Quote: