Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 10, 2015, 07:19 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Default Ori and the Blind Forest

It's a metroidvania-like game, you can buy it on steam right now.

Reviews

Game Informer: 95

Quote:
One of the best games of the year, and should be a no-brainer for anyone looking for an exciting new adventure to dive into. That said, it comes with a warning: Expect to be humbled by its difficulty. Death comes quickly
IGN: 85

Quote:
It's often frustrating and sometimes confusing, but its spectacular platforming, memorable world, and engrossing story wash those concerns away.
Gamespot: 90

Quote:
It's important, however, not to mistake Ori and the Blind Forest for being simply beautiful. It certainly is--but it is also unceasingly clever. It consistently surprises you with new tricks: gravitational divergences, new ways to move through its spaces, and carefully designed levels that require you to think quickly and respond.
Polygon: 90

Quote:
Ori and the Blind Forest is a rare realization of fantastic design and production values in a space where I wasn't expecting to find it, displaying a spectacular level of confidence in what it is and what it does.
Muricagamer: 80

Quote:
While it stumbles over its own ambition far more than it should, Ori and the Blind Forest bursts with both detail and passion. At times it's less a game you play than one you force your way through despite your better judgment, but the parts where it all works together make it worth the pain. And wow, does it look good.
EGM: 90

Quote:
A terrific blend of story, gameplay, and graphics, Ori and the Blind Forest is an unforgettable debut for indie developer Moon Studios.
Destructoid: 95

Quote:
From a mechanical standpoint, Ori and the Blind Forest isn't an evolution of the genre, and you've seen most of what's on offer here before. But aesthetically it's in a league of its own, and everything it does, it does well. If you're looking for a metroidvania, I'd consider this a new classic.
Shacknews: 90

Quote:
Moon Studios has a cinematic marvel on its hands, knowing exactly where to balance the light and the dark, both visually and narratively. It's a short game, coming in at about 7 hours for me, but it's worth every precious second.
More reviews can be found at metacritic.

Screenshots

Trailers and stuff

Steam page:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/261570/

Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2015, 07:20 PM   #2
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

looks delicious, but.. I'm busy
Old Mar 11, 2015, 02:48 AM   #3
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Probably get it and give it a good humping this weekend.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 11, 2015, 03:02 AM   #4
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Hail are the Ori!

Sorry just had to

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2015, 04:05 AM   #5
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

Oh now this is indeed interesting. Need more metrovania on PC!
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2015, 05:50 AM   #6
Poacan
Boobs

Poacan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyPoacan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Gonna wishlist it for now. Too much backlog....!
Poacan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2015, 06:30 AM   #7
lukilla
Radeon Northern Islands

lukilla is still being judged by the masses

Can´t customize keyboard binds

Last edited by lukilla : Mar 11, 2015 at 07:31 AM.
lukilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2015, 10:31 AM   #8
Sweetz
Radeon Arctic Islands

Sweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete stranger

You're doing it wrong. Seriously.

Sweetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2015, 11:17 AM   #9
lukilla
Radeon Northern Islands

Don´t even remember me that piece of junk, I´m on my third one and is failing too.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 11:21 AM   #10
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

PS3 control + sexy drivers
Old Mar 11, 2015, 11:34 AM   #11
lukilla
Radeon Northern Islands

I don´t know, always read of people with problems using that stuff every so often. I´d rather use the 360 pad as less as possible because the sticks are starting to crap out, still usable but a bit annoying. And honestly I like the feel of mechanical kb so much more than the rubber buttons, Pain in the ass having to use scripts because of lazy devs.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 11:46 AM   #12
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

I use 3 sixaxis with steam box in the game room and the drivers are perfect. Had them going for almost 1.5 years. The bluetooth connection is exactly as it should be.. push the PS button, auto connects and you play.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 11:55 AM   #13
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I use my ps4 controller over Bluetooth and it works perfectly , also bonus is the touch pad acts as a mouse so I can be extra lazy and not move haha.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2015, 02:33 PM   #14
Jaillum Malord
Simplify Mufugha

Jaillum Malord can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJaillum Malord can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Do you not mean "Hallowed are the Ori"

I have wishlisted this on steam for payday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Hail are the Ori!

Sorry just had to

Jaillum Malord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2015, 08:12 PM   #15
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Did anybody get emotionally involved with the intro? I thought it was horribly forced and my eyes rolled out of their sockets.

So far this game looks great, but not much else is appealing to me. Seems I'm not really into these types of games (did not like Child of Light)
Old Mar 15, 2015, 09:17 PM   #16
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Hail are the Ori!

Sorry just had to
/facepalm

Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2015, 09:19 PM   #17
Darkz0r
Italian Brazilian Rager

Darkz0r can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDarkz0r can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Game is pretty good.

Though I ragequitted and never touched it again after hitting a frustrating part that I died 875287582 times. **** it!

But its good, if you do not get pissed by dying 9482984 times, or if you just don`t suck ;D
Main: I5 [email protected] 1.2v/ GTX 980 Ti AMP Extreme/ 16GB Kingston Beast/ ASROCK Extreme 6/ Samsung Pro 1TB+500GB + 3TB HDD's/ Razer Mamba, Goliathus Speed Medium, Nostromo/ Corsair K95 RGB/ Qnix QX 2710 / CM Storm Stryker/ Asus RT-AC66U
- Steam Profile - |
BF3 Stats | BF4 Stats
Darkz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2015, 09:04 AM   #18
Kombatant
K to the max!™

Kombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Game's beautiful and plays great too. A must for people who like platform games
Old Mar 16, 2015, 10:48 AM   #19
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Thanks for the votes of confidence. I wasn't sure what to make of it but it looked gorgeous.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2015, 11:41 AM   #20
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

First 15mins are beautiful stuff.

Oh and this thread made me want to don my Doci Avatar once more.

Hallowed are the Ori

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:

Last edited by SirBaron : Mar 16, 2015 at 05:33 PM.
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2015, 05:24 PM   #21
ATI FURY-OUS
WYSIWYG

ATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

its ok.

i hated the start and im rage quitting. hate the enemy respawns.

nice music though. but i have played superior platformers
Old Mar 16, 2015, 05:36 PM   #22
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATI FURY-OUS View Post
If they are on the PC, can you point them out? I'm not a huge platform player, but this one looks nifty so I'd be curious to check out others rated higher.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2015, 06:51 PM   #23
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
If they are on the PC, can you point them out? I'm not a huge platform player, but this one looks nifty so I'd be curious to check out others rated higher.
Guacamelee is one of the best I have played.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2015, 08:15 PM   #24
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Guacamelee is one of the best I have played.
The graphic style kind of put me off taking a closer look (which is why Oni peeked my interest). I might check it out on a Steam sale.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2015, 08:16 PM   #25
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Trine series and Rayman imo
Old Mar 16, 2015, 08:34 PM   #26
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
The graphic style kind of put me off taking a closer look (which is why Oni peeked my interest). I might check it out on a Steam sale.
Its all about dat metroidvania gameplay.

Personally I fell in love with the art style, and soundtrack was awesome too BTW.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2015, 08:54 PM   #27
Darkz0r
Italian Brazilian Rager

Darkz0r can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDarkz0r can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATI FURY-OUS View Post
its ok.

i hated the start and im rage quitting. hate the enemy respawns.

W00t one more for the club ragequitters of Ori!
Main: I5 [email protected] 1.2v/ GTX 980 Ti AMP Extreme/ 16GB Kingston Beast/ ASROCK Extreme 6/ Samsung Pro 1TB+500GB + 3TB HDD's/ Razer Mamba, Goliathus Speed Medium, Nostromo/ Corsair K95 RGB/ Qnix QX 2710 / CM Storm Stryker/ Asus RT-AC66U
- Steam Profile - |
BF3 Stats | BF4 Stats
Old Mar 17, 2015, 08:46 AM   #28
Kombatant
K to the max!™

Kombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Yeah I've rage-quitted several times too. Keep coming back tho
Old Mar 17, 2015, 07:50 PM   #29
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

holy ****. This is the single most beautiful game i have ever seen.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 10:09 PM   #30
Darkz0r
Italian Brazilian Rager

So today I decided I would stop sucking, managed to advance A LOT into the game.
Its way more enjoyable now that I have 12 HPs, 10 energy, maxed defense tree and almost maxed offense tree. Triple jump ftw!
- Steam Profile - |
BF3 Stats | BF4 Stats