Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 4, 2013, 01:58 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Hope the trailer has real footage, not just cgi junk.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 03:36 PM   #62
BackToPC
Banned

BackToPC is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tork64 View Post
Looks like we're getting a trailer "soon"

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/first-...ing-next-week/

I kind of have my doubts although the art ive seen so far looks like it could go in the right direction. Cyberpunk for me is more than just hair styles and cool weapons, its a fine line that needs to be kept or else it won't pass the smell test. Alot of these modern "Cyberpunk" games lack culture or don't have enough of it. Even Deus EX HR, although it was above average as far as cyberpunk goes, it fell short, it felt more like a general science fiction game than a true cyberpunk game, even though cyberpunk falls into that category. I wan't a world that resembles a cross between Immortal (Ad Vitam) and Johnny Mnemonic with a touch of Brazil but what ends up happening is: Stars wars and Dredd with a touch of Blade Runner. I'm hoping it's more of a post cyberpunk game.
In order to pass the smell test, cyberpunk as a theme must thoroughly embrace the second word in its name: punk.

"High tech, low life"...

Half human cybernetic pimps selling mind-slaven whores to mentat-jacked-up deckers...

Mega-corps bankrolling their mercenary psy-black-ops from illegal drug dealings...

Last edited by BackToPC : Jan 4, 2013 at 03:40 PM.
BackToPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 03:50 PM   #63
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

my precious, I must have it
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 4, 2013, 04:42 PM   #64
v3rninater
Rockin Broz!!!

v3rninater is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrygian View Post
It was beyond the hype, it was amazing.
No, it was almost a copy of the original, that ORIGINAL game, made back in 2000, was the game that was far beyond any hype. Anyhow...

This looks interesting, as I'm not much of the "medieval" old school bullcrap type. I like new tech and futuristic stuff...this may be up my alley.
v3rninater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2013, 06:45 PM   #65
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiSt View Post
We should start a R3D "goode" movement, see how many ppl we can piss off
That ... actually, that, i kinda want to see...
Old Jan 6, 2013, 07:41 AM   #66
abdecken5
Rage3D Veteran

abdecken5 is still being judged by the masses

These guys did a good job with the Witcher, so come on have some faith! Well at least until the trailer is out...
abdecken5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:21 PM   #67
BumblebeeTuna
Radeon R420

BumblebeeTuna is still being judged by the masses

BumblebeeTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:28 PM   #68
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

The teaser shows how the Psycho Squad might acquire a new member.

The Psycho Squad specializes in combating "psychos" -- individuals who overuse implants and substances that boost or otherwise alter the human body.

There comes a point when they overdose on these innovations, and their bodies start to rebel against their biological body parts as well as all things organic around them. Simply put, they start killing people, who they now derisively call "meatbags."

When a psycho goes on the rampage, strange things can happen. There's carnage, and the psycho might be taken down by regular police, but they're not always able to get the job done.

When things spin out of control, they call in MAX-TAC (Maximum Force Tactical Division), popularly called the Psycho Squad.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:45 PM   #69
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Location: Manches All hail king Dave, ruler of all Manchesville
JohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

My god, please let that be in game footage and not cgi.... looks amazing
JohnEJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:51 PM   #70
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

JohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

At 2:14 there is a hidden frame with a message from the devs, you can read it easily in 1080p
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:25 PM   #71
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Video is nice but really nothin' says OMG to me. Lots will depend on how consolized it will be.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:30 PM   #72
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Some of you guys are just silly, who the **** cares about some aspects being consolized if the game is good/great?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:31 PM   #73
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Feb 5th for their "other" title. Moar witcher?
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:12 PM   #74
Dr Gonzo
The Evil Creampuff

Dr Gonzo is still being judged by the masses

I, for one, hope that this and Shadowrun Retunrs do brilliantly and start a spate of new Cyberpunk RPGs, seems an untapped market.
Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:42 PM   #75
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

PR summary:

In 'Cyberpunk 2077,' the player will be thrown into a dark future. The metropolis of Night City is a stage set to tell the tale of one individual, raised on the streets, who tries to lift himself up from the gutter and find a way to survive amongst boostergangs and megacorporations in a city of filth and sin.

Drugs, violence, poverty and exclusion haven’t disappeared by 2077, as people stayed they were for centuries – greedy, closed-minded and weak. But not only ghosts of the past trouble mankind, but new issues have appeared.

Psychos go on rampages and the streets are filled with junkies addicted to a new form of entertainment – the braindance, a cheap way to experience the emotions and stimuli of someone else, someone living a more exciting life. Players will be able to stream a braindance into their own minds using the BD player, which will help the player understand a person's experiences.The range of these particular themes can be from any sort of experience, and do not seem they'll disappoint players.

The range of themes of these recordings varies from simple braindances made by megacorporations, which e.g. allow the viewer to feel the full experience of an explorer with all its thrills, sweats, smells, views, sounds and the real feeling of curiosity that pushes men to go beyond the horizon against fear and physical weakness.

But there are also more controversial sides of braindance, because some recordings are created illegally in the underground. Entering the mind of a serial killer means not only seeing the monstrosity he performs, but also living his lust to kill and fulfillment.

Streets in "Cyberpunk 2077" will be filled with these braindances as people cannot resist being part of this new trendy fad happening within Night City. "This is the world of 2077. The gap between high and low is bigger than ever. Drugs, violence, braindance, psychos on the loose. Will you be able to function in this defunct society or end up a BD-junky with nothing left, set aside like garbage - still living someone’s else life –not aware of what’s going on around you? Whether you like it or not - this is the age of braindance decadence; this is Cyberpunk 2077.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:17 PM   #76
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

That trailer didn't really do much for me. I don't play games to watch movies, I play games to play games. Something about video game trailers with no gameplay just irks me and always has. I do hope that the game's visuals are as cutting edge as what the trailer shows, however, and I absolutely love the setting. Here's hoping this turns out to be just as good as the Witcher games!
Old Jan 10, 2013, 07:04 PM   #77
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEJohn View Post
My god, please let that be in game footage and not cgi.... looks amazing
Lol that's pre-rendered CG, most likely using some game assets as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.

Last edited by Progression : Jan 10, 2013 at 07:07 PM.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 07:29 PM   #78
fellix_bg
Don't lettuce on me!

fellix_bg doesn't need no stinkin' badgesfellix_bg doesn't need no stinkin' badgesfellix_bg doesn't need no stinkin' badgesfellix_bg doesn't need no stinkin' badgesfellix_bg doesn't need no stinkin' badgesfellix_bg doesn't need no stinkin' badgesfellix_bg doesn't need no stinkin' badgesfellix_bg doesn't need no stinkin' badgesfellix_bg doesn't need no stinkin' badges

The overall design is indeed heavily influenced by Blade Runner, incl. the police spinner knock off, with a touch of GITS.

p.s.: the song is awful.

Life has more imagination than we carry in our dreams...

Last edited by fellix_bg : Jan 10, 2013 at 07:33 PM.
fellix_bg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:16 PM   #79
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Its just a teaser guys, to wet our appetite and give just a tiny taste of the setting and what its about. Looks fantastic.

Hidden message:

Quote:

Do you like our latest creation? We certainly hope so! You may remember that we sometimes send you guys secret messages like this. it’s a great way for us to speak right to you instead of burying ourselves in corporate mumbo-jumbo. So let’s begin!

First of all—have you noticed all the details in our teaser (yes, it’s a teaser, we’ll make a proper trailer in the future)? If you know the Cyberpunk setting, there are some things you can spot, like implants—look for the weapon hands and the real skin—corporate emblems that should look familiar, and more. Happy hunting!

You’re probably curious about the release date. It’s currently scheduled a way off, in 2015, but in truth, the delivery date is more like, “when it’s done.” We will release Cyberpunk to you when we’re convinced it is nothing but pure, refined, unadulterated awesome. we want it to be the most kick ass futuristic RPG ever—ok, maybe this sounds pretty bully, but it is our actual goal! You judge if we deliver it!

Ok—and you may wonder why we announced our game so early before the release. The reason is that we’re still building our dev team. So if you are a talented dude or dudette, willing to work in a really different company (gamers rule & boring corporate stuff drools!) on a super ambitious project, send us your application right now: [email protected]

So, you want to know what kind of game Cyberpunk 2077 will be? The short description is that it will be a story-heavy, nonlinear, open world RPG based on the well known Cyberpunk pen & paper system and setting. Building open world games is something we are mastering right now, and we believe that properly joining nonlinear gameplay with excellent story telling will bring a totally new quality. Hmm. We’ll tell some more about it soon!

And that’s not all that’s new. We are about to reveal our other project, which is much closer to being completed. And yes, it will also be a fully open-world game with an intense story. You can probably guess the game we’re talking about. ;-) On the 5th of February it will all be clear.

So stay tuned, as we will have quite a lot to show and tell you soon!

We are waiting for you on our newly created forum called Afterlife—what other name could we have chosen for it?

CD Projekt RED Team

Last edited by Meteor_of_War : Jan 10, 2013 at 10:19 PM.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 01:30 AM   #80
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrygian View Post
Lol that's pre-rendered CG, most likely using some game assets as well.
Yeah I know... just some wishful thinking/wanting on my part
Old Jan 11, 2013, 05:43 AM   #81
abdecken5
Rage3D Veteran

abdecken5 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
So, you want to know what kind of game Cyberpunk 2077 will be? The short description is that it will be a story-heavy, nonlinear, open world RPG
Deus Ex and Vampire the Masquerade are two of my favorite games of all time. If this turns out anything like them I will be thrilled. I am just so glad this game is getting made by these guys
abdecken5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 07:17 AM   #82
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEJohn View Post
At 2:14 there is a hidden frame with a message from the devs, you can read it easily in 1080p
I don't see no hidden frame. Perhaps just tell us what is says?
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 07:24 AM   #83
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor|WAR View Post
Its just a teaser guys, to wet our appetite and give just a tiny taste of the setting and what its about. Looks fantastic.

Hidden message:

Quote:
Do you like our latest creation? We certainly hope so! You may remember that we sometimes send you guys secret messages like this. it’s a great way for us to speak right to you instead of burying ourselves in corporate mumbo-jumbo. So let’s begin!

First of all—have you noticed all the details in our teaser (yes, it’s a teaser, we’ll make a proper trailer in the future)? If you know the Cyberpunk setting, there are some things you can spot, like implants—look for the weapon hands and the real skin—corporate emblems that should look familiar, and more. Happy hunting!

You’re probably curious about the release date. It’s currently scheduled a way off, in 2015, but in truth, the delivery date is more like, “when it’s done.” We will release Cyberpunk to you when we’re convinced it is nothing but pure, refined, unadulterated awesome. we want it to be the most kick ass futuristic RPG ever—ok, maybe this sounds pretty bully, but it is our actual goal! You judge if we deliver it!

Ok—and you may wonder why we announced our game so early before the release. The reason is that we’re still building our dev team. So if you are a talented dude or dudette, willing to work in a really different company (gamers rule & boring corporate stuff drools!) on a super ambitious project, send us your application right now: [email protected]

So, you want to know what kind of game Cyberpunk 2077 will be? The short description is that it will be a story-heavy, nonlinear, open world RPG based on the well known Cyberpunk pen & paper system and setting. Building open world games is something we are mastering right now, and we believe that properly joining nonlinear gameplay with excellent story telling will bring a totally new quality. Hmm. We’ll tell some more about it soon!

And that’s not all that’s new. We are about to reveal our other project, which is much closer to being completed. And yes, it will also be a fully open-world game with an intense story. You can probably guess the game we’re talking about. ;-) On the 5th of February it will all be clear.

So stay tuned, as we will have quite a lot to show and tell you soon!

We are waiting for you on our newly created forum called Afterlife—what other name could we have chosen for it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
I don't see no hidden frame. Perhaps just tell us what is says?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 07:39 AM   #84
Dengin
Rage3D Veteran

Dengin is still being judged by the masses

Only HK-47 gets to call me "meatbag"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
. Simply put, they start killing people, who they now derisively call "meatbags."
Dengin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 08:36 AM   #85
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

This is nice, but I really wish someone would make a more GITS themed game.
Or Bladerunner.

This just seems kind of campy. Security forces versus druggie implant users? ehh.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 09:33 AM   #86
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNapoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNapoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

is it going to be a turn based game?
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:07 AM   #87
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
is it going to be a turn based game?
Without knowing anything, I would guess the combat would be more real time, similar to Witcher 2. But with more modern weapons obviously.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 02:31 PM   #88
Ciera
Bueno

Ciera is still being judged by the masses

@trailer holy crap, i jizzed my longjohns
Ciera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:46 PM   #89
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

Yeah it was an amazing trailer. I have high hopes for this game. Though I hope they put more effort into combat fluidity and less on the adult parts >.>
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:42 PM   #90
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

2015? alright then, this thread goes on the ignore list for two years :/