Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old May 10, 2012, 06:14 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Im not impressed at all. This one is going to be bargain bin for me.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2012, 12:53 PM   #92
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Doesn't look too too bad. If they can find ways to make the environments varied and colorful, that would be 3/4 of the battle.
Too predictable.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2012, 01:00 PM   #93
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

it looks interesting enough to me. there seem to be quite a few changes from the regular assassins creed formula. for some reason though, my interest in the series dropped a lot with the last game so i'm not sure about getting this one.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 11, 2012, 01:04 PM   #94
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Very interested in this one due to the historical setting. Revolutionary War is one of my favorite times in history.

If I remember correctly it partly takes place in Boston which is where I'm from.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2012, 01:30 PM   #95
Adanu
MRA in Residence

Adanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete stranger

This can be either very good or very bad. I need to see more to make a judgment.
Adanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2012, 02:56 PM   #96
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Scene with him going through the house and jumping out was pretty cool...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2012, 09:32 AM   #97
Evil Nemesis
NemmyBoy

Evil Nemesis is still being judged by the masses

I can see IO's Grudge against UBISoft and specially against Assassin's Creed 3.

Yes I have two examples :

1. The New Hitman 5 Trailers always say "The Original Assassin"

2. There's a Hitman 5 Trailer (sniper challenge) which shows at the end that ezio is falling down by a cliff while the leap of faith sound plays...

Common IO learn to make Good Games, I'm a Hitman Fan Myself but that doesn't mean I wouldn't accept the reality that Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed Series are so far superios than Hitman 3,4
Old May 31, 2012, 09:34 AM   #98
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Blood Money>all the nextgen splinter cell titles.

And assassins creed isn't really the same kind of game, so I don't think they hold a grudge against that series.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2012, 11:18 AM   #99
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Someone photoshop the hood and AC logo on this please.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2012, 11:23 AM   #100
Evil Nemesis
NemmyBoy

Evil Nemesis is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Blood Money>all the nextgen splinter cell titles.

And assassins creed isn't really the same kind of game, so I don't think they hold a grudge against that series.
That's matter of opinion, according to IGN and many other websites Splinter cell conviction got the rating of 9/10. IMO too conviction was damn great I only liked Hitman 1,2 the most , IO failed to delivers those feelings after 1,2.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 02:00 AM   #101
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I thought Contracts and Blood Money were the two best Hitman games personally. The original two were good as well, but the later ones in the series refined the gameplay more. You had all the good and none of the crap.

Really though, Hitman and Assassin's Creed don't have that much in common gameplay-wise except they are both "assassins".
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:43 PM   #102
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Gameplay demo
Old Jun 5, 2012, 06:39 PM   #103
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Wow, that video totally did not impress.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 07:28 PM   #104
Adanu
MRA in Residence

Adanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete stranger

I loved it ,but I'm a fan of AC style of gameplay.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 11:24 PM   #105
Ub3r_n00b
Unwashed peasant

Ub3r_n00b is still being judged by the masses

I'm a fan of the AC style gameplay too, but that seemed like a very limiting (and thus less appealing) version of it... Parkour style movement and attacking were one of the staples of AC, but with the sparse trees and buildings it makes it feel borderline scripted.

Although the American civil war seems like a good venue for the game in theory, everything I've seen so far... kind of falls flat. It just doesn't seem to mesh well with what I consider to be the AC style.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 03:24 AM   #106
Adanu
MRA in Residence

It's a different setting, in a different part of the world, with different tech rules, and a different character. You're not Ezio anymore.

If things didn't change from that, I'd be amazed.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 08:53 AM   #107
H-Alien
Radeon Evergreen

H-Alien once held a door open for a complete strangerH-Alien once held a door open for a complete strangerH-Alien once held a door open for a complete strangerH-Alien once held a door open for a complete stranger

my main problem is that the enemies are still very very "fight on equal terms" minded.

They only fight you one at a time, the rest just waits their turn...
H-Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2012, 11:12 AM   #108
Cartigan
Banned

Cartigan is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Alien View Post
my main problem is that the enemies are still very very "fight on equal terms" minded.

I keep thinking "Damnit, some one shoot him!"
Cartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2012, 04:36 PM   #109
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Nemesis View Post
I can see IO's Grudge against UBISoft and specially against Assassin's Creed 3.

Yes I have two examples :

1. The New Hitman 5 Trailers always say "The Original Assassin"

2. There's a Hitman 5 Trailer (sniper challenge) which shows at the end that ezio is falling down by a cliff while the leap of faith sound plays...

Common IO learn to make Good Games, I'm a Hitman Fan Myself but that doesn't mean I wouldn't accept the reality that Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed Series are so far superios than Hitman 3,4
they're threatened by the lore of AC, not the gameplay.

Hitman = stealth
AC = action

The fact is, the story of Ezio/Desmond/Altair is much more interesting than that of Agent 47.

But Hitman is the greatest American stealth shooter.

If Hitman were to ever have a rival in the stealth game genre, it would really be the MGS series.

MGS4 was wayyy more fun than Hitman: Blood Money
Hidavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2012, 04:39 PM   #110
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Alien View Post

come on man, its supposed to be like in the movies!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartigan View Post
I keep thinking "Damnit, some one shoot him!"
I was thinking, "It would be wayyy past corny if the assassin in this one didn't have a real gun that he used a good part of the time..."

At the same time, the Native Americans didn't have guns at first and they had fierce assassins; they did get slaughtered though
Old Jun 7, 2012, 08:07 AM   #111
Andy22
Radeon R600

Andy22 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ub3r_n00b View Post
I'm a fan of the AC style gameplay too, but that seemed like a very limiting (and thus less appealing) version of it... Parkour style movement and attacking were one of the staples of AC, but with the sparse trees and buildings it makes it feel borderline scripted.

Although the American civil war seems like a good venue for the game in theory, everything I've seen so far... kind of falls flat. It just doesn't seem to mesh well with what I consider to be the AC style.
Slight correction...it's the revolutionary war. Civil war was about 80 years after.
Andy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2012, 10:05 AM   #112
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNapoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNapoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidavi View Post
they're threatened by the lore of AC, not the gameplay.

Hitman = stealth
AC = action

The fact is, the story of Ezio/Desmond/Altair is much more interesting than that of Agent 47.

But Hitman is the greatest American stealth shooter.

If Hitman were to ever have a rival in the stealth game genre, it would really be the MGS series.

MGS4 was wayyy more fun than Hitman: Blood Money
hitman stealth shooter?

MGS is much closer to Ass Creed actually

have you actually played all these games?
Old Jun 7, 2012, 10:11 AM   #113
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
hitman stealth shooter?

MGS is much closer to Ass Creed actually

have you actually played all these games?
All of them (cept for the first two Hitman games)

In Hitman BM, you were forced to be quiet and clean half the time (game rules). The other half, they let you choose to rambo if you wanted to but it was difficult.

In AC, you almost always have the freedom to just drop down on someone and stage a giant loud obnoxious battle and win every time. You could play however you wanted and still be victorious.

MGS1-4 forces you to be quiet and sneaky. Half the time, you have to shut up or game over (game rules). The other half, you were allowed to rambo, but it was most likely going to get you killed...
Old Jun 7, 2012, 01:38 PM   #114
Mangler
PC

mgs4 does not force you to be stealthy, you can play that game as a third person shooter if you want.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 01:41 PM   #115
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
mgs4 does not force you to be stealthy, you can play that game as a third person shooter if you want.
I do remember MGS4 being a lot more forgiving in that regard, but I still stuck to the stealth...
Old Jun 8, 2012, 09:33 AM   #116
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

The E3 gameplay trailer is phenomenal. Loved it
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:49 AM   #117
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2012, 11:35 AM   #118
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
who cares if it turns into a better game, they can delay it as much as necessary.
Too predictable.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2012, 11:37 AM   #119
Mangler
PC

I'm outraged, I hope that this is not a start of a new trend, it would suck if this became the expected behavior from Ubisoft regarding the pc version.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 11:47 AM   #120
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
who cares if it turns into a better game, they can delay it as much as necessary.
Well the underlying conspiracy theory is that they do this to deter piracy, not to finish development.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote