Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 25, 2010, 03:33 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

<TWEET>Swallowed some guys big sausage

in Stalker CoP.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 03:39 PM   #92
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

How many times have you played through CoP by now destroy?
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2010, 04:44 PM   #93
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
How many times have you played through CoP by now destroy?
It is only the once... He is still playing the same playthrough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
will do that. still haven't been offered to pick a side. im doing side missions and exploring the second region first. i guess i have to do a certain mission to get to pick a faction.
There are just a couple of missions where you can freely choose to give mission related items to either group or neutral, and in reward you sort of gain some respect from which ever side you chose. The reason i brought it up is that there are not many opportunities for it so it is easily missed, which would not be a problem, except the game is bugged (one of the only bugs i have actually found), which then means you miss out of a few things. It won't kill your game, but it would have confused you later, and made you think you did something wrong when you didn't.

over explaining things ftw!
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 25, 2010, 07:44 PM   #94
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
It is only the once... He is still playing the same playthrough
You are actually correct. I tend to not finish games I really like cause I don't want them to end. I've found I don't enjoy replaying games at all unless they are old, Deus Ex1 for example I'm slowly now replaying through.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 08:24 PM   #95
sittal
Radeon Arctic Islands

sittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

<TWEET> can not install nwn 2 as my disc is scratched somehow. it has been residing in it's original package for several years.

<TWEET> played a bunch of aion on a private server

<TWEET> obtaining a digital copy of nwn2 atm, going to swim

Learn to embed videos in your posts, highlight text, and even post code!

Last edited by sittal : Jun 25, 2010 at 08:27 PM.
sittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2010, 08:53 PM   #96
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittal View Post

<TWEET> obtaining a digital copy of nwn2 atm

good luck with patches
Old Jun 25, 2010, 09:04 PM   #97
sittal
Radeon Arctic Islands

sittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Status Update:
while uncovering my manual (which has my cd key), i found a cd cleaning kit.

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! installing now.

i also found my motb manual. and my nwn gold and hotu manual (along with cd sleeves and keys)

<TWEET> it installed! installing motb now
<TWEET> it installed! installing patches again!

Last edited by sittal : Jun 25, 2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 11:19 PM   #98
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Downloading Singularity, Blur and Split/Second. Also downloading RE5.

Playing RDR some more...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2010, 11:54 PM   #99
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Still downloading GRID as since I brought it at Steam like a few hours ago. It has a friggin big file size is 10GB.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2010, 05:04 AM   #100
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
You are actually correct. I tend to not finish games I really like cause I don't want them to end. I've found I don't enjoy replaying games at all unless they are old, Deus Ex1 for example I'm slowly now replaying through.
I know, i realized that from your stories about your exploits in the game! maybe the was the wrong emoticon for ribbing? I agree about replays though, but that's cause i tend to do everything my first time and so there is usually little for me the second time... except the original Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeckcold57 View Post
Still downloading GRID as since I brought it at Steam like a few hours ago. It has a friggin big file size is 10GB.
Play it with a gamepad if you have one, it's impossible with the keyboard IF you turn off the driver assists, and it is "Press accelerate to win" if you leave them on. However a gamepad with the assists off is a very fun game.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 06:02 AM   #101
Woodstock
Radeon R700

Woodstock can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyWoodstock can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittal View Post
Status Update:
while uncovering my manual (which has my cd key), i found a cd cleaning kit.

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! installing now.

i also found my motb manual. and my nwn gold and hotu manual (along with cd sleeves and keys)

<TWEET> it installed! installing motb now
<TWEET> it installed! installing patches again!
I've recently decided to get through motb too. Had it since it came out but never got very far into it.

It's hard going back to nwn 2, I'd forgotten about the stuff that used to annoy me. The high level game is just constantly applying the party's 2 gazillion buffs and then re-buffing them all again in regular 5 minute intervals. It's a real drag. The story is good though, I'm enjoying that enough to make me want to crawl through it.
Woodstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2010, 01:01 PM   #102
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Play it with a gamepad if you have one, it's impossible with the keyboard IF you turn off the driver assists, and it is "Press accelerate to win" if you leave them on. However a gamepad with the assists off is a very fun game.
Yeah, I do have a X360 wireless controller and wireless receiver. I'll try it out later after try on the keyboard.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2010, 02:10 PM   #103
GanjaStar
Jalouise

im at a crazy place in call of pripyat.

you walk through a room, and somehow you end up at the begining... it took me like 5 mins of thinking they used the halo1 copy paste level method, and then it struck me

i also decided to stay out during the emission and pop the emision pill right near the end. thats one beautiful sky
Old Jun 26, 2010, 02:36 PM   #104
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Played some Ass Creed 2 and finished Sequence 6. Also did some tombs and deciphered a few glyphs. Story is getting interesting.

Sequence with Altair was fantastic

Also played a few more missions in RDR and am towards finishing Mexico missions. Viva Le Revolution bitches...
Old Jun 26, 2010, 05:21 PM   #105
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

just completed uncharted 2. what a lovely game it is... almost perfect execution in what they tried to achieve. next up is heavy rain
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2010, 05:37 PM   #106
Raiasokura
Radeon Northern Islands

Raiasokura is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
just completed uncharted 2. what a lovely game it is... almost perfect execution in what they tried to achieve. next up is heavy rain
yeah uncharted 2 was really something, was great and the first was also amazing too, I finished both "uncharted 1 and then uncharted 2 afterwards,"

From looking at the cover it didnt look that great, goes to show how much i know. probally 2 of the best games ive played on PS3 those guys at naughty dog pulled off a couple of masterpieces.
Raiasokura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2010, 05:53 PM   #107
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiasokura View Post
yeah uncharted 2 was really something, was great and the first was also amazing too, I finished both "uncharted 1 and then uncharted 2 afterwards,"

From looking at the cover it didnt look that great, goes to show how much i know. probally 2 of the best games ive played on PS3 those guys at naughty dog pulled off a couple of masterpieces.
yep i played uncharted 1 and 2 back to back as well. both are so good looking...i was continuously amazed at what they managed to pull off with the ps3's meagre hardware. the games are not without flaws but they are just so much fun to play . naughty dog is a top shelf development studio and it's not hard to see why sony paid them the big bucks to keep uncharted exclusive to playstation.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2010, 06:27 PM   #108
sumpwa
Radeon Sea Islands

sumpwa is still being judged by the masses

sittal bailed on me in Borderlands
sumpwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2010, 06:56 PM   #109
sittal
Radeon Arctic Islands

i said i was going swimming
and then i said it again
and then i logged.

Old Jun 27, 2010, 12:13 PM   #110
GanjaStar
Jalouise

discovered the underground path to pripyat. will do some more side quest, then assemble the crew monkey island style and off we go to pripyat
Old Jun 27, 2010, 12:29 PM   #111
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

lol

Prepare your self, it apparently pretty hard... though i am at the same point you are, so i have no idea myself.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 01:45 PM   #112
KAC
KAC

Pumped some Dirt 2. Finished X-games and got 100 pts in achievements. Pretty cool ****!
Old Jun 27, 2010, 03:20 PM   #113
guidestone
Radeon R520

guidestone is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
it's not hard to see why sony paid them the big bucks to keep uncharted exclusive to playstation.
That's beacuse they are an in-house team, not because Sony could pay/"bribe" them not to develop for other systems.
guidestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2010, 03:30 PM   #114
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Finished "Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project" on Xbox 360, 200/200 Achievement Points.

Finished it on PC eight years ago.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 03:37 PM   #115
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Been playing Fallout 3. Just found Dr. Lesko and did the Queen Ant quest.

Enjoyable game, now that I've dealt w/ the frequent freezing crap.
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2010, 03:44 PM   #116
Taman Linkin
Rage3D Veteran

Taman Linkin is still being judged by the masses

still deciding which game want to install after shopping with steam summer sale.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 04:27 PM   #117
sittal
Radeon Arctic Islands

<TWEET> played some dow2. was fun

Old Jun 28, 2010, 04:32 AM   #118
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Patriarch co-op is awesome! Just wish the second player got some love too.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 09:39 AM   #119
GanjaStar
Jalouise

just finished call of pripyat. got the full good ending somehow

we need more games like this.

i can't even imagine a mix of stalker's awesomness with the polish from some western developer. it would be a perfect game.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 09:48 AM   #120
RSViper
Radeon R520

RSViper is still being judged by the masses

Finished the main quest in Fallout 3. Was it just me or were the last several missions easy? By the time I hit Vault 87 I was only level 15 but I had the power armor and laser rifle with very good skills in energy weapons and small guns. The final mission was pretty much cake.

I still haven't encountered a deathclaw yet. Playing now with Broken Steel. I'm going back and doing a bunch of side missions and exploring and building up some wealth. I figure I have explored about a 1/3 of the map and locations so far with about 27 hours into it.
RSViper is offline   Reply With Quote