Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Mar 8, 2006, 02:54 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Default Anyone run in the winter?

I'm getting so bored of running on an indoor track I wanna go outside. But it's cooooold and I don't know what's good winter running gear. Ideas?

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2006, 03:00 PM   #2
Quickstrike
Verification Required.

Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I jog for about 30 minutes every couple of days here in Calgary. I don't do anything special. Wearing a toque and gloves is helpful when it is -30 celcius or lower.

Think some kind of mask would be good, breathing in the cold air kind of stings the chest.

Main PC : Intel Core i7 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS P8P67 Pro, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1866-DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Boost, Sound Blaster Zx, Klipsch 5.1 Ultras, Samsung 256GB 840 Pro SSD, 8TB Seagate Archive, 6TB WD Black, 4TB HGST, 3.0TB Seagate x 2, 1.5TB Seagate x 2, Corsair AX850W PSU, Cooler Master HAF 932, 21" NEC [email protected]

HTPC : Intel Core i5 3570K, CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo, Asus Maximus V Gene, 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600-DDR3, ASUS 5850 Direct CU, Crucial M4 256GB SSD, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750W, Silverstone SG09B.

Virtual Server : Intel Core2Quad Q6600, Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme, Gigabyte P35-DS3R, 16GB OCZ DDR2, eVGA 8800GTX, 74GB Raptor, 500GB Seagate x 4, Intel Ethernet port x 4, Silverstone TJ06.
Quickstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2006, 03:00 PM   #3
shockwave
canucklehead

shockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyshockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Winter is almost over. Why don't you run inside for just another month until it is nice out?
shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 8, 2006, 03:03 PM   #4
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

THe monotony is really hurting my desire to even get to the gym.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Mar 8, 2006, 03:04 PM   #5
pink_pants

pink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channel

I love indoor tracks. If I run by myself I don't push myself. But on the indoor track I get all psychotically competitive with the other runners. We're racing, they just don't know it
pink_pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2006, 03:06 PM   #6
shockwave
canucklehead

shockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyshockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_pants
I love indoor tracks. If I run by myself I don't push myself. But on the indoor track I get all psychotically competitive with the other runners. We're racing, they just don't know it
I do that too

Whenever I lap someone, I think to myself "ya that's right, foo, I passed your ass"
Old Mar 8, 2006, 03:07 PM   #7
SpongeBebop
Freedom Fighter Morgan

SpongeBebop is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_pants
psychotically...

So how many sports bras do you wear at a time?

"...mediocrity is what's rampant. Excellence is rare." -Don Cheadle

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
My spouse is in child support enforcement so I'll always be happily married. :)
SpongeBebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2006, 03:09 PM   #8
pink_pants

pink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeBebop
psychotically...

So how many sports bras do you wear at a time?
One. But I put it over my normal bra
pink_pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2006, 03:10 PM   #9
SpongeBebop
Freedom Fighter Morgan

SpongeBebop is still being judged by the masses

Bras are expensive.

"...mediocrity is what's rampant. Excellence is rare." -Don Cheadle

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
My spouse is in child support enforcement so I'll always be happily married. :)
SpongeBebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2006, 03:14 PM   #10
Zero
Sass hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave
I do that too

Whenever I lap someone, I think to myself "ya that's right, foo, I passed your ass"
Except they could've ran 50 laps before you anyhow

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Mar 8, 2006, 03:39 PM   #11
shockwave
canucklehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero
Except they could've ran 50 laps before you anyhow
I'd like to think they hadn't. Don't spoil my fun.
Old Mar 8, 2006, 04:10 PM   #12
schwartz
Team Zissou

schwartz is still being judged by the masses

I don't do it regularly but friends have said that a neck warmer is especially helpful seeing as you can just pull it above your mouth and it creates a warmer pocket there.

One of the guys runs for a university track team, and he's always decked out in form fitting running gear and keeps it nice and light. I figure that if you have something which can just pull the sweat away from your body you should be able to stay pretty warm
schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote