Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Distributed Computing (Team Rage3D)
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Distributed Computing (Team Rage3D) Home of the Team Rage3D [email protected] project. Get [email protected] info, download information, and details on how to join the Team. Team Rage3D progress updates posted here daily.

View Poll Results: # of comps rippin dna protiens apart and puttin em back together?
1 11 55.00%
2 4 20.00%
3 2 10.00%
4 2 10.00%
5+ (if you have this many either your shitting me or have too much money) 1 5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 5, 2001, 10:15 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
BunK
Radeon R520

BunK is still being judged by the masses

Default how many comps yall got bustin these complex protien strands?

i was just kinda wondering how many people had multiple systems folding. (thats just a flowery explanation for something with a darker purpose....... i love polls, and this section doesnt have one yet)
BunK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2001, 10:26 PM   #2
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Only 1 machine for me -=P
Old Jun 5, 2001, 11:48 PM   #3
The Guardian
Lord of the Rings

The Guardian is still being judged by the masses

If I really really wanted to I could have 5 comps running it, but rather than buy the $300 in spare parts I'd need for that....
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 6, 2001, 12:16 AM   #4
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by The Guardian
If I really really wanted to I could have 5 comps running it, but rather than buy the $300 in spare parts I'd need for that....
LoL me too! That is so funny.

I'm a few hundered dollars short of getting some extra parts to match all the motherboards and CPU's I already have
curio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2001, 12:22 AM   #5
The Guardian
Lord of the Rings

The Guardian is still being judged by the masses

But really.. that's too much effort for the extra 10 points per day. When I could use that money for my other slightly more important project (which is moving out of easy driving range of my parents ASAP)...
Old Jun 6, 2001, 12:26 AM   #6
}{ollowţoin†
Radeon R520

}{ollowţoin† is still being judged by the masses

Well, I'm lucky, I have a girlfriend with a decent comp, a roommate with a decent comp, and another one to spare...so by Monday of next week, I'll have four running...

They don't come to rage3d, though my GF has a Radeon 64 retail...so they figured they'd just use my name...lucky me.

"Everbody wants to see justice done...to someone else."

Click ME DAMMIT!

Rage3D [email protected] Stats Page
}{ollowţoin† is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2001, 11:37 AM   #7
carz2
oh gollywog

carz2 is still being judged by the masses

I've got 3 running it a home here, mine, my g/f's and my firewall box, soon to have my bp6 running 2 instances of it. Just need to get another ps.
carz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2001, 12:09 PM   #8
kL13nT

Quote:
Originally posted by carz2
I've got 3 running it a home here, mine, my g/f's and my firewall box, soon to have my bp6 running 2 instances of it. Just need to get another ps.
that will ROCK!! i too have 3 procs running [email protected], but will be down to 1 for the next two weeks. oh well, i will back in it full force soon!
Old Jun 6, 2001, 08:36 PM   #9
}{ollowţoin†
Radeon R520

Well, now my GF is thinking about letting me buy her a 1000mhz T-Bird this weekend...so I'll have some extra speed to go with. I just don't have enough internet connections to run any more PC's...

Click ME DAMMIT!

Old Jun 6, 2001, 08:50 PM   #10
BunK
Radeon R520

network 'em hollowpoint, thats what i have going. cept i only have 2 going, one 1 connection. a bit of a pain in the ass, but its for all humanity, so i think i can handle it.
BunK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2001, 10:05 PM   #11
}{ollowţoin†
Radeon R520

I have them networked, but I'd need to purchase more IP addresses to get more on...my work machine is looking pretty tempting though.

Click ME DAMMIT!

Old Jun 7, 2001, 06:28 AM   #12
CWeeD
A Title

CWeeD is still being judged by the masses

Use ICS and set one up as a router. Uses only one IP that way. May have to buy another network card but they are relatively cheap now-a-days.
CWeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2001, 08:18 AM   #13
carz2
oh gollywog

carz2 is still being judged by the masses

OMG, your paying for more than one ip addy, silly guy. As CWeeD said, use ICS, it's built into 98se and 2k, one ip and as many machines as you can afford. I just love the @home page, they don't let you know that you can do it without buying their manditory one ip per machine crap. The worlds a better place when you share!
carz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2001, 09:01 AM   #14
curio
𐐒ananaD

Quote:
Originally posted by carz2
I just love the @home page, they don't let you know that you can do it without buying their manditory one ip per machine crap.
hehe - I know what you mean - I still can't find out how to get my supposedly free web space that comes with my @home service - I can't find it on the @home web page - and there is no way in hell I am calling up that mess of a company -

I'm surprised my internet is as fast as it is with [email protected] doing the services...

I knew more than the tech that came to setup my cable modem - that's pathetic
Old Jun 7, 2001, 10:01 AM   #15
}{ollowţoin†
Radeon R520

I used ICS, it caused a buttload of problems...I hated that crap...so for $5...well, I'd say it's reasonable...

Click ME DAMMIT!

Old Jun 7, 2001, 05:15 PM   #16
CWeeD
A Title

CWeeD is still being judged by the masses

If ICS didn't work for you there are other 3rd party programs that do the same thing. I believe Sygate was one of them.
CWeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2001, 09:09 PM   #17
BunK
Radeon R520

use the internet connection sharing built into win 9x, it works fine for anything other than gaming. (ie uploading/downloading work files.)
Old Jun 8, 2001, 11:08 AM   #18
Ragin'
Radeon R300

Ragin' is still being judged by the masses

Cool you need a cable modem router

Quote:
Originally posted by }{ollowţoin†
I used ICS, it caused a buttload of problems...I hated that crap...so for $5...well, I'd say it's reasonable...

You need a router... like what I have... I recommend the NetGear RT311 (i got one of those) if you have a hub or fast ethernet switch if not then get the RT314 which has a 4port switch or hub built in.
Ragin' is offline   Reply With Quote