Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » Radeon Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Radeon Technical Support Radeon technical support forum for all Radeon products from the classic Radeon to the latest cutting edge family of graphics cards.

Old May 16, 2001, 06:07 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Default [email protected] Rage3D Team

*mods* I have posted this in all major forums to get the most attention - you can move it if you deem necessary

For anyone who is interested, I am starting a Rage3D [email protected] group.

For those of you who don't know what [email protected] is, check out this link: http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/Cosm/

You can download the software here: http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandeg....html#download

To activate your membership to the Rage3D team, just enter you email address on the download page, and then use your preferred handle with (Team Rage3D) after it during the program setup.

Keep in mind the team name is CASE SENSITIVE - so make sure its (Team Rage3D).

For example, I would use 'curiophile (Team Rage3D)' without the quotes.

Also, you can search for the file 'client.cfg' (open with notepad) after install and make sure your new handle is in it where is says email.

That's it and thanks for helping!

-curio

Last edited by curio : May 16, 2001 at 11:01 AM.
Old May 16, 2001, 12:25 PM   #2
FarENheiT
Radeon Evergreen

FarENheiT is still being judged by the masses

Yeh, I might install that tonight! My computer just idles in #rage3d during the day anyway =)
Old May 16, 2001, 01:15 PM   #3
Itchiee
Why Bother?

Itchiee is still being judged by the masses

Count me in..I have another computer I can run it on...I don't have to be connected to the net all the time though right? (Only to download & Install..And submitting results) Cause I have Dail-up & can't stay connected like broadbanders...
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 16, 2001, 03:47 PM   #4
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by CyberStoner
I don't have to be connected to the net all the time though right? (Only to download & Install..And submitting results)
Exactly - if you don't have broadband, download the console version, not the screensaver version.

During the console version folding process, you won't need to be connected. When you are connected and running the program, it will send all the results its saved up. It won't if you don't have the program running though.
Old May 16, 2001, 04:24 PM   #5
Itchiee
Why Bother?

Itchiee is still being judged by the masses

Ah..Good show curio..I just checked the site & they said they will get a screensaver version for modem users soon..But I'm gonna get the console version for now..

Now how fast can you fold? They say a 500Mhz takes about 3 hours..I bet ours can go faster(Your's for sure...)..Lets race...

I'll run it tonite..I'm downloading WMP 7.1 right now..And when I finish it's off for a couple of hours of CS..I bought a new modem last week USR 56k Performance Pro..And it has a gaming feature that speeds up response times..I get like a 130-160 ping on certain servers with like 16 people playing..It's sick..I don't die as much now..Plus I hardly get dropped off..It's not my fault..I can't get Broadband here yet..The kicker is my friend on the next block has it..But they can't do mine..He has a different CO then mine..But my CO is up the block..So you know how fast mine will be..WooHoo..

I'm so stoned..I edited this post like 10 times..
HydroPonix Rulez......

Last edited by Itchiee : May 16, 2001 at 04:40 PM.
Old May 16, 2001, 04:50 PM   #6
curio
𐐒ananaD

I fold an average of 1 to 2 CPU hours per unit.

You can search for your handle at http://foldingathome.stanford.edu/search.shtml to see your folding results.

Between my old account and new one, I've folded 40 units in the last 3 days.
Old May 16, 2001, 05:16 PM   #7
samiam
Rage3D Veteran

samiam is still being judged by the masses

For those of you that are using the CLI version of the [email protected] client, Larry Perry of Team [H] has written a good little front-end program called Electron Microscope that runs in the system tray. This program will track your progress, start the client automatically, hide/show the client window, etc. (similar to SetiSpy for the [email protected] client).

Also note that you will get a great deal more work done with the CLI client than the screensaver client.