Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 7, 2019, 02:54 PM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Yeah PC gaming is quite deader than before. Only battle TOYAKE or indie crap being spewed out mostly. Better to get a 200-350 boner console and push the omgrafix on some great console only titles.
Getting a console would be a complete waste of money for me. Console gaming is mainly AAA games, and AAA games are like 95% crap imo.
Other than a rare AAA game that might release that just so happens to actually be good, I am done with AAA gaming.

But wow, what the indie/AA scene has been able to bring out for some years now, even in 2018, it has been great to be a PC gamer.

PC gaming is far from dead, it is a live and kicking ass.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2019, 05:05 PM   #122
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Twenty years ago, when Quake Arena didn't have a campaign worth mentioning and Unreal was seemingly replaced by Unreal Tournament, single player games were dead and buried. Yet here we are, playing the **** out of almost all games imaginable, with the exception of the same exclusives that have been around for decades.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 12:39 AM   #123
globalist
Rage3D Veteran

globalist is still being judged by the masses

The only 2 games I'd get a console for are RDR2 and Bloodborne.
globalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 17, 2019, 04:34 PM   #124
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalist View Post
The only 2 games I'd get a console for are RDR2 and Bloodborne.
That is 2 more than PC.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2019, 04:35 PM   #125
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
Getting a console would be a complete waste of money for me. Console gaming is mainly AAA games, and AAA games are like 95% crap imo.
Other than a rare AAA game that might release that just so happens to actually be good, I am done with AAA gaming.

But wow, what the indie/AA scene has been able to bring out for some years now, even in 2018, it has been great to be a PC gamer.

PC gaming is far from dead, it is a live and kicking ass.
Most of the indie crap you played or want to play is on consoles just to make 2 ends meet. And given it is indie crap for many people it plays better on console with a controller.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2019, 05:59 PM   #126
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Most of the indie crap you played or want to play is on consoles just to make 2 ends meet. And given it is indie crap for many people it plays better on console with a controller.
Would still be a complete waste of money. Why pay that money for a console, when I have a PC that can already play those games... Also not all the indie games I play came to the consoles. Also the controller works great for those games on the PC.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:54 PM   #127
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonha View Post
Twenty years ago, when Quake Arena didn't have a campaign worth mentioning and Unreal was seemingly replaced by Unreal Tournament, single player games were dead and buried. Yet here we are, playing the **** out of almost all games imaginable, with the exception of the same exclusives that have been around for decades.
Single player games dead and buried? Well, that's not true at all. The PC platform was ripe with single player games. There has never been a lack of single player games as long as I can remember in PC gaming. I started in 1998 when my parents bought their first computer and I started upgrading that until I built my first in 2000.

In 1998, there were tons of single player games (or games that had excellent SP campaigns). Such as Half Life, Baldur's Gate, Thief, Need for Speed III, Rainbow Six, Tomb Raider III, Commandos, etc...
Old Feb 18, 2019, 03:07 PM   #128
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Single player games dead and buried? Well, that's not true at all. The PC platform was ripe with single player games. There has never been a lack of single player games as long as I can remember in PC gaming. I started in 1998 when my parents bought their first computer and I started upgrading that until I built my first in 2000.

In 1998, there were tons of single player games (or games that had excellent SP campaigns). Such as Half Life, Baldur's Gate, Thief, Need for Speed III, Rainbow Six, Tomb Raider III, Commandos, etc...
That's exactly my point: people have been saying (random thing) is dead for as long as we can remember, yet it's never been true. It wasn't when Quake 3 and UT went head-to-head, it wasn't when Halo 2 and Xbox Live had their spotlight, it's not now with Apex vs Fortnite.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 04:46 PM   #129
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
Would still be a complete waste of money. Why pay that money for a console, when I have a PC that can already play those games... Also not all the indie games I play came to the consoles. Also the controller works great for those games on the PC.
I pretty much only game on my PC with a controller these days. Currently playing civ IV with a steam controller and it works great.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2019, 06:56 PM   #130
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

The number of people who thinks PC gaming is dead:

But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2019, 04:09 PM   #131
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

PC gaming is not dead but maybe your Coco is dead?