Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 14, 2019, 02:14 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

This game shouldn't even exist. Rage 2 is going to come along here in a few months and stomp a mudhole in its ass/make it completely irrelevant.

Ubisoft's gotta keep milking that cash cow, though.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 02:43 PM   #92
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
This game shouldn't even exist. Rage 2 is going to come along here in a few months and stomp a mudhole in its ass/make it completely irrelevant.

Ubisoft's gotta keep milking that cash cow, though.
I feel the same way, I pre-ordered Rage 2 for just 3 bucks more than this. FC5 was underwhelming for me so I won't get this until it goes on deep discount.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2019, 03:11 PM   #93
Ancient76
Banned

Ancient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAncient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

This game, is this some kind of joke? A game for gays?

Last edited by Ancient76 : Feb 14, 2019 at 03:22 PM.
Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 14, 2019, 06:58 PM   #94
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Such bad reviews.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2019, 08:52 PM   #95
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
EU version only, sadly.
O yea.. forgot about that.

I actually bought a 2 year vpn (surfshark) to bypass that crap. I want to pay cheap(er) for my games...
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2019, 09:40 PM   #96
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post
O yea.. forgot about that.

I actually bought a 2 year vpn (surfshark) to bypass that crap. I want to pay cheap(er) for my games...

yoz
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:10 AM   #97
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Such bad reviews.
reviews i'm reading are mostly in the mid 7 range. and there are shields

ign 7.5
gamespot 6.0
pcgamer 70

eurogamer: Far Cry New Dawn review - a perfectly proportioned slice of Far Cry mayhem.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ew-dawn-review

I'm looking forward to it being a diversion from exodus. now crackdown 3, that's getting mediocre reviews.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2019, 07:33 PM   #98
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Anyone playing this? I have run out of games and want to know if this is worth picking up? Keep in mind I skipped FC 5. That's cheap now, still undecided if it is worth picking up first then moving to New Dawn?

EDIT: Watching a few YT vids...getting the impression it is a mixture of Fall Out and perhaps Mad Max? That's not a bad thing

Last edited by Megaman : Feb 19, 2019 at 07:41 PM.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2019, 09:58 PM   #99
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Anyone playing this? I have run out of games and want to know if this is worth picking up? Keep in mind I skipped FC 5. That's cheap now, still undecided if it is worth picking up first then moving to New Dawn?

EDIT: Watching a few YT vids...getting the impression it is a mixture of Fall Out and perhaps Mad Max? That's not a bad thing
I don't own it, but the word I have received is if you like the Far Cry formula, it's basically more of the same. Based on reaction I think FC5 was better liked, but this is pretty similar (and the exact same map, just pinkified).
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2019, 10:00 PM   #100
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I own it but haven't played it yet. I might jump in and play some in the next day or so.
nutcrackr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2019, 10:01 PM   #101
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
I don't own it, but the word I have received is if you like the Far Cry formula, it's basically more of the same. Based on reaction I think FC5 was better liked, but this is pretty similar (and the exact same map, just pinkified).
FC5 didn't get the stamp of approval from Rage3D members from memory. Was it just the story line and ending that did that?

I enjoyed FC 3, FC 4 not so much.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 10:46 PM   #102
Apocalypsee
Radeon Sea Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
FC5 didn't get the stamp of approval from Rage3D members from memory. Was it just the story line and ending that did that?

I enjoyed FC 3, FC 4 not so much.
Both; the story is all over the place, literally, and the ending is just final nail in the coffin.

Yeah FC3 is excellent, FC4 is so-so, FC5 big meh. Not going to bother with this one. Maybe I just watch the walkthrough on YouTube.
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
(d) Must use fire.
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2019, 10:50 PM   #103
Megaman
Packing heat!

Will wait for official Rage3D reviews on this one then. I need to find something else to move on to.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 11:00 PM   #104
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Megagay why you no bone Metro?
Old Feb 20, 2019, 05:07 AM   #105
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Well so far I like it. Played just over 1 hr. First thing I notice is how dense the undergrowth is around places. Also it's all very colorful. Reminds me of Primal.

Next thing is how enemies and friendlies really let loose in terms of offensive words and smack talk. It's hilarious. Carmina (first companion) swears like a trucker when she's fighting people and the baddies will say things like "eat my ass" or similar.

They have supply drops in this game (we battle royale now) and enemies and friendlies go to them. All places in the world have resources but they also have a set number of a specific resources that you collect to "complete" that location. I guess it could get tedious and I'm not sure what you get for collecting all the things.

The home base is kinda like Primal in that you bring people back and upgrade stations. I haven't done any upgrading yet because I haven't got any ethanol to speak of. You upgrade in teirs and it gives you better weapons, better vehicles etc etc.

It's kinda neat to see old areas from FC5 that have been taken over by mother nature and/or sunk into the earth etc. I just got to a familiar location with a bell and if you ring it a few times a bear comes out and he's basically high health boss type bear. From what I can see there will be a few returning characters, which I'm okay with. I'll have to play a bit more yet, I haven't even done an outpost yet. Game looks pretty great, runs fine for me. It has currency to buy resources, so I guess you can upgrade stuff quick with real money.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 08:59 AM   #106
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

This is next on my list to play. As soon as I can tear myself away from being terrible at Apex Legends.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2019, 08:23 PM   #107
Megaman
Packing heat!

No one else have anything to report on this title? Any good after further progression Nutcrackr?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 09:27 PM   #108
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

I played a few more hours. It's still fairly good. I actually really like revisiting places from FC5. There are lots of changes to the world; buildings are buried or overgrown. I don't feel like this is FC5 with a new skin, but rather something that has evolved.

I've only taken over a few outposts. First one went haywire and some other randoms joined. Second one was pure stealth and it worked fairly well, throwing knives seem OP. One thing that I noticed is that bodes of enemies stay after the outpost is taken over. I don't recall that happening before.

There are lots of enemies to be found just walking around. They might be driving trucks or patrolling. Plus with supply drops you can find action around ever corner. You can barely walk a minute without hearing gunfire. Kinda similar to blood dragon.

I just did a story moment where you have to defend your home base from the highwaymen. This had a bit where you talk to the twins before and they won't kill you because it will make you a martyr. The base defense thing was kinda awkward though. Side missions have been okay, fairly standard quality.

One thing to say at this point is that it feels a bit clunky. Weapons take an eternity to reload and I feel like some are a bit low damage. I'm only using level 1 weapons so it's probably not fair to say they're clunky. Maybe it's clunky to encourage stealth. But also just movement, like climbing up ledges feels just a touch slow. You also still take fall damage from barely any height, which is still annoying.

I haven't done any expeditions but I just unlocked that so I'll try one tonight. I have Carmina, Timber, and Jerome companions. So far so good.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:07 PM   #109
Megaman
Packing heat!

Thanks.

Will move on to Primal and then pick up FC 5 before moving on to this. Should keep me busy until something more eagerly awaited comes along.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 05:26 PM   #110
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

I finished the main story. Took me about 13hrs but I only did 2 expeditions. To upgrade your homebase you need to retake outposts a few times over. Each time you do it, it gets harder. Level 1 and 2 are fairly easy. Level 3 are quite tough and it's hard to get undetected. Still I think retaking bases a few times is a good mechanic because they change the alarm positions and doing outposts is still the best part of the game. I wish they had maybe a couple more outposts though.

Overall I enjoyed it. It's neat to revisit areas from FC5 and they expand on this with the photo tour thing. It's generally brisker and less annoying than FC5 and FC4. The crafting aspects are handy. You can make medpacks, molotovs, knives etc just walking around. You still need to get ammo from bodies or trade for it, but I rarely had ammo issues after you upgrade to extra ammo perks. You also get crafting stuff from locations and animal pelts. There are some gold animals around that will **** you up if you don't have gold weapons.

All enemies in the world have a level, so it's kinda a bit like the new Ass Creed games. If your weapon is lower than their level then they take a lot of bullets to go down. If it's equal, then they go down normal. This is most obvious with the bow where you just merely have to have the same level bow to OHK in the chest. While higher-tier weapons are great, I really hate how you're locked into a preset scope for each weapon. So my ideal AK has a shitty ACOG scope. BLEH. They needed some weapon customization.

One thing that really sucks in this game is the ending. I thought it was trash and a real downer considering this was basically the ending of FC5 too. As you'll all recall, FC5 had a bad ending. The last bit here is a few boss battles (won't spoil it) after a sequence that gives you crap weapons... which are absolutely useless against the bosses. So I had to quit the mission, run out of range, fast travel to a workbench, and to get my proper gear back. The very last fight is beyond stupid. The story started off alright but didn't really live up to potential. Some returning characters really don't get enough screen time. (e.g. the father)

There are quite a few Primal aspects to this game, like the New Eden faction and the dense jungle. Sometimes I felt like the team should have or maybe wanted to make a Primal game instead. Still, its a good enough shootbang with lots of swearing and a few funny bits. Pretty good pickup for $15-20 imo

Sorry for wall of text.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 10:56 PM   #111
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Where is the jungle at on the map?
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2019, 01:31 AM   #112
KAC
KAC

This game worth boning for half the slaps?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:29 PM   #113
acroig
Master Troll

On sale at Ubisoft store for $20. Get additional 20% off with 100 Ubisoft points. Buy on web store, not on Ubi game launcher.

yoz
Old Mar 16, 2019, 12:12 AM   #114
KAC
KAC

Picked it up for 18 euros to see what’s what.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 01:19 AM   #115
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
On sale at Ubisoft store for $20. Get additional 20% off with 100 Ubisoft points. Buy on web store, not on Ubi game launcher.
You're welcome for that info lol
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2019, 08:04 AM   #116
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
You're welcome for that info lol
Indeed, I missed adding that Evileh found and posted the sale. That's why get got repped for it.

yoz
Old Mar 16, 2019, 09:51 AM   #117
KAC
KAC

Wow this game is actually better than FC5. Less janky, better performance, better skilltree etc.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 10:41 AM   #118
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Wow this game is actually better than FC5. Less janky, better performance, better skilltree etc.
This. Looks much better too.

yoz
Old Yesterday, 08:55 PM   #119
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

It's slicker than FC5, and more fun generally.
Old Yesterday, 08:57 PM   #120
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Too predictable.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote