Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 30, 2018, 04:15 AM   #361
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
. Graphics are so good today that designers starting to focus on art direction instead which I think is a progress in the right direction.
Maybe, just mayyyyyybe at some point the designers start focusing on something even more important than "art", like a story, i mean.. a real story, not something that could fit on a single piece of toilet paper (which is sadly the best place for it in most recent cases).

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another definition of a hero is someone who is concerned about other people's well-being, and will go out of his or her way to help them -- even if there is no chance of a reward. That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2018, 09:08 AM   #362
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Finished it, I don't think I have ever skipped cutscenes as much as I did in this game, I just stopped caring about the story somewhere during the second region.

And regarding the gameplay, it does not feel like it would make a difference if you stopped at the midway point or not, the game does not really introduce anything new, once you've finished a region you have basically seen everything the game had to offer and basically unlocked every weapons and gadgets.

Sort of feel like making the game co-op friendly destroyed the campaign progression.

Also, the way the game abducted you in order to deliver the next big story sequence really soured me on fc5, you should not be abducted from a flying chopper while liberating an outpost with some freedom rockets.

Not to mention the time I got abducted during the end of a mission while listening to the quest giver/story NPC.

Last edited by Mangler : May 13, 2018 at 09:47 AM.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2018, 02:34 PM   #363
Canesfan2020
Radeon Northern Islands

Canesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCanesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Coop is really fun.

That is all.
Canesfan2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 17, 2018, 02:41 PM   #364
hazindu
I put the zin in Hadu!!!

hazindu is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Finished it, I don't think I have ever skipped cutscenes as much as I did in this game, I just stopped caring about the story somewhere during the second region.

And regarding the gameplay, it does not feel like it would make a difference if you stopped at the midway point or not, the game does not really introduce anything new, once you've finished a region you have basically seen everything the game had to offer and basically unlocked every weapons and gadgets.

Sort of feel like making the game co-op friendly destroyed the campaign progression.

Also, the way the game abducted you in order to deliver the next big story sequence really soured me on fc5, you should not be abducted from a flying chopper while liberating an outpost with some freedom rockets.

Not to mention the time I got abducted during the end of a mission while listening to the quest giver/story NPC.
Yeah, the cut scenes are bloody awful and drag on forever, but let's not lose sight of the great victory of the decade: No Fking QTEs!
Old Jul 5, 2018, 07:03 PM   #365
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Been playing this for a while now and despite all the negative reviews, I'm actually enjoying this game very much.

It's just entertaining mindless fun, reminds me of Just Cause. In fact if you hate this game but like Just Cause, that makes no sense to me.

The capturing party are annoying though. I was able to hold off wave after wave of them in Fall's End, but eventually they will get you regardless.

Also, if you find an NPC follower with a rocket launcher, you can pretty much cheese through any mission.

But I'm enjoying this immensely and feel no regret purchasing it. Even though I know there's a **** ending waiting for me from what I've read here.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2018, 06:47 AM   #366
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

So I killed John. I am also about halfway through the game as it says 47% story progression. The game is just stupid. AI is crap and most of all the gunplay is so bad. Having a scope on an assault is a nuisance. And bullet spread is so bad. I play mostly with my pistol as it is marginally accurate. Everything else in the game is just stupid. Shoot someone and they go flying across or don’t get hit properly. It is ridiculous. Worst cutscenes as well as they are just bad. Also being called a Rook is so annoying.

I think 5/10 is about the max I can give this game. I am just trying to finish it off to get my HDD space back. Really poor quality IMO.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2018, 11:08 PM   #367
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
So I killed John. I am also about halfway through the game as it says 47% story progression. The game is just stupid. AI is crap and most of all the gunplay is so bad. Having a scope on an assault is a nuisance. And bullet spread is so bad. I play mostly with my pistol as it is marginally accurate. Everything else in the game is just stupid. Shoot someone and they go flying across or don’t get hit properly. It is ridiculous. Worst cutscenes as well as they are just bad. Also being called a Rook is so annoying.

I think 5/10 is about the max I can give this game. I am just trying to finish it off to get my HDD space back. Really poor quality IMO.
Apparently you are playing a different game that I am....
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2018, 08:18 AM   #368
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I am playing Farcry 5, wtf you playing gay?
Old Aug 5, 2018, 10:42 PM   #369
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

The opinions on FC5 are quite divided. I think it could have been great with a few changes.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:18 AM   #370
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I had uninstalled this after a few hours in. Felt like a step back from the previous titles (except for the visuals which were top notch).

(1) The gunplay sucked, the recoil/animation/feedback on the weapons felt like a poor indie title. From the very first bullet you fired from your assault rifle it was kicking around like you were already spraying for a minute.

(2) Lazy map progression - they just plunk you down in the middle of the map, give you a waypoint a few thousands KM away and say "go have fun". wtf? I felt at times I was forcing myself to play, running around looking for points of interest.

(3) Poor level design of the enemy camps - the previous titles felt great to play, you could play like rambo or stealth. This game it felt like the camps were designed around running and gunning. Stealth felt more luck based.

Those were the biggest issues for me, lots of minor ones too (why without upgrades I can only carry one non-pistol weapon (in an FPS game!!), or the annoying enemy spawns especially right next to camps you were trying to play stealthily alerting the whole camp) - but since I luckily got this for 39 bucks I wasn't too annoyed. I'll probably reinstall it sometime in the future.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:56 AM   #371
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexion View Post
I had uninstalled this after a few hours in. Felt like a step back from the previous titles (except for the visuals which were top notch).

(1) The gunplay sucked, the recoil/animation/feedback on the weapons felt like a poor indie title. From the very first bullet you fired from your assault rifle it was kicking around like you were already spraying for a minute.

(2) Lazy map progression - they just plunk you down in the middle of the map, give you a waypoint a few thousands KM away and say "go have fun". wtf? I felt at times I was forcing myself to play, running around looking for points of interest.

(3) Poor level design of the enemy camps - the previous titles felt great to play, you could play like rambo or stealth. This game it felt like the camps were designed around running and gunning. Stealth felt more luck based.

Those were the biggest issues for me, lots of minor ones too (why without upgrades I can only carry one non-pistol weapon (in an FPS game!!), or the annoying enemy spawns especially right next to camps you were trying to play stealthily alerting the whole camp) - but since I luckily got this for 39 bucks I wasn't too annoyed. I'll probably reinstall it sometime in the future.
Agreed, a disappointment overall.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2018, 11:03 PM   #372
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

I actually enjoyed it start to finish. Not the greatest story or mechanics, but good enough for what its worth.

Also thought with so many things to do you'd be able to continue after the main campaign ends. Guess not. At least not canon wise.

Last edited by Exposed : Aug 11, 2018 at 11:15 PM.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2018, 02:50 AM   #373
KAC
KAC

I am about 80% done with the game. I started enjoying it a bit. However it is a big step down from previous Farcry games. I give it a 6.5/10. Will finish it to uninstall it.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 05:45 AM   #374
KAC
KAC

They keep capturing me and letting me go. This crap is stupider than most Bond movies.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 08:58 AM   #375
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
They keep capturing me and letting me go. This crap is stupider than most Bond movies.
Are you even paying attention to whats happening?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2018, 04:08 PM   #376
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Feb 15, 2019 at 12:58 PM.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2018, 04:10 PM   #377
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
Huh? The game just came out. They weren't already "HD"?
Old Sep 29, 2018, 05:22 PM   #378
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Anybody play the DLC? I can't really say I'm interested but I guess there could be potential there for good value.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2018, 11:02 AM   #379
Evileh

Evileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete stranger

Steam still hasn't released the hd pack to their version of the game. Everyone is all up in arms
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Old Sep 30, 2018, 11:07 AM   #380
KAC
KAC

Why you gays still playing this poop?
Old Sep 30, 2018, 11:46 AM   #381
Evileh

Quote:
Why you gays still playing this poop?
Because games take me forever to finish duhhhh
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
Old Jan 27, 2019, 07:34 PM   #382
Spencer
Today's F word: Fabulous

Spencer once held a door open for a complete strangerSpencer once held a door open for a complete strangerSpencer once held a door open for a complete stranger

Just wanted to find out if the skybox actually rotates, so I deleted all those paragraphs I originally put in this post about it. The skybox does rotate very slowly meaning the clouds in the background move very slowly after a minute or two delay if you stop moving.

Most players will assume those clouds are static because many players may not remain still long enough notice them start to move. And it's really hard for almost anyone to notice the background clouds moving if your character is on the move. The closer lighter clouds always move with noticeable speed.

Last edited by Spencer : Jan 28, 2019 at 12:08 AM.
Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2019, 01:20 PM   #383
Zimmy
Radeon R520

Zimmy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZimmy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Zimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2019, 01:56 PM   #384
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

there isnt any necro in dedicated threads. all far cry 5 discussion should be here, whether it's 2 months later, or two years.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 03:26 PM   #385
Athena
Radeon Sea Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I finely got this game on the cheap Gold edition with all the DLC for just over 25 bucks. Loving it so far. I have some family from Montana and they are crazy so some of the less extreme things in the game made me giggle as they relate. About half done already and looking forward to going to Mars!!
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:46 AM   #386
Athena
Radeon Sea Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

On my 3rd replay I was able to finish the whole game in less than 10 min baby!!!
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:56 PM   #387
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
Steam still hasn't released the hd pack to their version of the game. Everyone is all up in arms
I bet they are . Uplay made them available during pre-load I believe?

Quote:
Huh? The game just came out. They weren't already "HD"?
fixed

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote