Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jun 23, 2022, 08:55 PM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
Sigh, it's sad that people are so easily satisfied with spectacles these days, while the substance is just bad on so many levels...
Ok well then let us enjoy it without any further negativity. You've made your position clear, move on.
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2022, 12:04 AM   #182
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

It was pretty decent not as good as Mando but better than a couple of the movies. Story, cast was fine. Good that they kept it to 6 shows tho for that story I dont see this one having been a 10 eps series. Theres room for more series with OW and Kennedy said they will look at it. But Id avoid Vader in any future series. Maybe just have him deal with the Inquisitors. Or expand the universe there a bit in other directions.

Would give Vader his own series tho. Lets see how dark they can go there.

I dont see why they cant up the tempo a bit to keep the shows in line with the movies tho. What we see effects wise looks good but seems oddly slowed down or minimized. Def a budget thing there but if Obi Wan is as big a hit as they say I hope the next series gets a bigger budget.

8-10

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2022, 07:54 AM   #183
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Would give Vader his own series tho. Lets see how dark they can go there.
This!!
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 24, 2022, 07:57 AM   #184
AllexxisF1
F- Insurrectionists

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
There is a ton to knitpick about. But I thought the overall structure and pacing of the six episodes was really good. Along the way there were a few missteps. But the end was satisfying and worked. I was half expecting to get a cliff hanger season finale and throw my remote control though my TV in disgust. Instead, it was a great ending that tied up all loose ends. The downside of this is there is no room for a season 2 now.
There will be a season 2.

Maul's got to lose his syndicate and be stuck on Malachor. Sure Obi-Wan vs. Vader is great but a Kenobi vs. Maul showdown is an even bigger draw. The Thrilla In Chandrilla.

The show that is going to blow everyone's socks off is going to be Andor. Better production quality, larger budget and Tony is going to deliver. Andor has to go up against Amazon's Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power and HBO's House of the Dragon. Mid-August is gonna be nuts.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2022, 08:03 AM   #185
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
The final exchange between Vader and Kenobi was worth the series, IMHO. Powerful moment.
it definitely was one of the better scenes, yes.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2022, 08:56 AM   #186
Deimos
Radeon Sea Islands

Deimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete stranger

I lost my sh1t when obi wan said the thing. I was literally shouting SAY IT, SAY IT! OMFG HE SAID IT!

I felt like a little boy again. Loved it.

Mars:
Intel S2600CP4 | Dual Xeon E5-2670 (Octa core HT 3.3Ghz) | 64GB DDR3 ECC 1600Mhz | 2 x 120GB Vertex 3 SSD RAID 0 (OS) + 240GB Vertex 2 3.5" (VMs) | Intel RAID Module RMS25PB080 + 8 X 2TB WD RAID 5

Deimos on Steam
Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2022, 10:48 AM   #187
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 View Post
There will be a season 2.

Maul's got to lose his syndicate and be stuck on Malachor. Sure Obi-Wan vs. Vader is great but a Kenobi vs. Maul showdown is an even bigger draw. The Thrilla In Chandrilla.

The show that is going to blow everyone's socks off is going to be Andor. Better production quality, larger budget and Tony is going to deliver. Andor has to go up against Amazon's Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power and HBO's House of the Dragon. Mid-August is gonna be nuts.
Maul would be a great 2nd season villain. And like The Boys and Stranger Things will make time for both Andor and LOTR. We have a plethora of good genre shows now.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Jun 24, 2022, 10:58 AM   #188
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Maul would be a great 2nd season villain. And like The Boys and Stranger Things will make time for both Andor and LOTR. We have a plethora of good genre shows now.
Ray Park can still pull off all the classic Maul moves. He did all the motion capture work for Maul in the 2020 Season 7 finale of The Clone Wars animated series. (See video I linked in this thread).
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2022, 01:18 PM   #189
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
Ray Park can still pull off all the classic Maul moves. He did all the motion capture work for Maul in the 2020 Season 7 finale of The Clone Wars animated series. (See video I linked in this thread).
Damn missed that and didnt know they mocapped it. He def is in good shape. Was hoping we would see more of him in a Solo sequel or series. Closest to that might be a Lando series at some point.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Jun 24, 2022, 01:26 PM   #190
AllexxisF1
F- Insurrectionists

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

Don't plan on Ray coming back .

However, Sam Witwer who voiced Maul in Rebels has a real shot.

The great thing about Maul's character is that it isn't hard to find an actor to pull off the look. There's something about Maul's features that lends itself to being played by almost anyone.

Look at any decent cosplay of Maul and people damn near look just like Ray.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2022, 09:31 PM   #191
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Damn missed that and didnt know they mocapped it. He def is in good shape. Was hoping we would see more of him in a Solo sequel or series. Closest to that might be a Lando series at some point.
Whoever did the voice for Maul in Clone Wars was spot on too. His first live action gig in Episode 1 almost had no dialog. Complete the opposite in the Clone Wars. Voice acting and Ray motion cap made for an awesome Maul in the Clone Wars.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2022, 12:07 AM   #192
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

just finished last episode. was the series perfect? no, absolutely not. was it, however, a colossal disaster rivalling most of the sequel trilogy? also no.

it was enjoyable for the most part, not too sappy, and the action moved along well. I thought Reva and Obi Wan really carried it with their acting. i'll probably never re-watch it but if they do make more season ill definitely watch those.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote