Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Legacy ATI Discussion and Technical Support » AIW / Multimedia Discussion and Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AIW / Multimedia Discussion and Technical Support Discussion and support forum for all of the All-In-Wonder Radeon cards, the TV-Wonder, Remote Wonder I and II, the new HDTV Wonder, and basically anything with VIVO support.

Old Sep 18, 2004, 07:41 AM   #331
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
jrw
Radeon R200

jrw is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liuke
Yeah, I just read their HTDV Wonder review:

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/vid...917/index.html

Looks like they had some major probs getting it to work as well like what I've read all over the place. I'm definitely hoping a second iteration of this card will fix a lot of this and elevate it from the status of a bad product.
Don't know why they couldnt get it to work with Nvidia cards, im using a Geforce 6800 GT 256mb and it works fine..for the most part, still unable to tune CBS or ABC but I still have yet to try another antenna.
2GB PC3200 Corsair XMS
EVGA 7800GTX 512MB
Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic / Logitech Z5500's
NEC-3540A DL Burner
730GB Total HDD
WinXP
Sony GDM-FW900 24" CRT

jrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2004, 01:01 PM   #332
Emilee
Next to her

Emilee can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEmilee can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEmilee can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I have a 6800GT as well, and it was working fine. Except with the new 9.02, a image would only come on for about 1 second, then the screen would go black. Going back to a previous verion makes it work fine.

I did a full reformat.. and installed the drivers and software. Now the DTV works, but not the regular TV. But it says its unable to start the TV, and to check my device manager to see if the drivers are installed. Then gives me an option to run a test to see if everything is ok. The test runs, and everything is fine.

Ive tried to run the drivers from the .exe and I have also extracted them and selected update drivers from device manager and pointed it to the files. It seems to install, but I cant get the TV to work.

Any ideas? Which thing in device manager is the "one" that needs the actual drivers. There are so many its confusing.
Old Sep 19, 2004, 11:31 PM   #333
michaeke

michaeke is still being judged by the masses

Talking

First of all, I suggest using Filemon from www.sysinternals.com for troubleshooting apps that spawn errors since programmers/Microsoft like to cover-up any errors with any meaning. I had to use filemon for the problem described in this thread regarding
Quote:
failed to initialize
when running MMC's TV app.

I usually reload PC before installing new hardware so I am not going to get into complaints about having to start from scratch with ATI products which seems to be the common complaint with AIWs and in particular the new HDTV Wonder. I just think this is best practice especially when even after fresh load problems occur; therefore, fresh load eliminates other things from equation you can fail to calculate.

Anyway, I started off with WinXP Pro SP2 with a Nvidia 5200 FX card (latest Nvidia drivers, not Microsoft). In addition, I installed DirectX 9.0c and .Net 1.1 w/ SP. I then downloaded all updates for HDTV Wonder from ATI site which has been described before. Next, I installed the DAO / MDAC, HDTV WONDER Drivers, and TV Decoder (you need to make sure you have original CD for Decoder). I took the time at this point to make an image of my system partition. If you have time and like to save time in future, this is a good point to do so before loading MMC. I wasn't sure what steps I would be taking to eliminate errors with MMC so I wanted to start from square one with MMC during trial and error stages of troubleshooting.

Now, after all that I was ready to install latest MMC. I installed all components and rebooted. After reboot, I ran into problem of TV app not starting up and giving the infamous
Quote:
failed to initialize
error. At this point, I used Filemon as described above. I started it up before running TV app again and as soon as error popped up I told Filemon to stop capturing events. I immediately found problem TV app was experiencing since it was not able to find three particular files. These files seem to be the key to solving all my problems and hopefully some of yours as well.

The following files were not found by TV app:
vidcap.ax
kswdmcap.ax
ksxbar.ax

These files were on my PC but not located in any of the environment paths TV app was looking in. I had these files in my %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers which was not where I found them on another PC of mine. They seem to be expected to be in your %SystemRoot%\system32 directory.

Therefore, I simply restored my backup image on PC and added the %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers to my environment path. Then installed MMC; again, since I do not have that included with my backup image. This is the point after a final reboot I crossed my fingers...

Sure enough, I now have a completely working HDTV Wonder card and system just in time to record Vick and the Falcons game at 1pm EST.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by michaeke : Sep 19, 2004 at 11:36 PM.
michaeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 22, 2004, 12:03 PM   #334
Agustus
Rage3D Veteran

Agustus is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrw
Don't know why they couldnt get it to work with Nvidia cards, im using a Geforce 6800 GT 256mb and it works fine..for the most part, still unable to tune CBS or ABC but I still have yet to try another antenna.
I read the tomshardware review as well and I think that part of the reason that they had trouble with the card is because they added a GeForce Ti4200 to the mix. Reason being that the GeForce Ti4200 is not a DX9 part and thus was bound to cause some difficulty. It simply shouldn’t have been part of the review but this doesn’t quite explain why the GeForce 6800xx didn’t work right for them.

I might be inclined to blame the whole thing on “pilot error” but since others are having difficulty it’s likely something else IMO.

BTW, I cannot believe that the HDTV Wonder has dropped in price to $150 A/R at newegg. Once it hits something like ~$99 I think I’ll get one.
Agustus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2004, 08:13 PM   #335
Ominous11

Ominous11 is still being judged by the masses

I have a HDTVwonder and it is working great. I export all my recordings down to 720p(widescreen) or 480p(4:3) MPEG 4. The only issue is I can only get stereo sound. Trying to get 5.1 sound results in a lagged sound where the audio/video is not in sync. Anyone know that problem with that?

For the record I have:
Athlon FX-53 @ 2.6 GHz
1 Gig PC3200 2-2-2-5 1T
X800 XT PE
SB Audigy 2
using 2 120 gig WD SE drives in RAID 0 to capture to.
Ominous11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2004, 11:56 AM   #336
Diode3000

Diode3000 is still being judged by the masses

There doesn't seem to be decoding for 6 channels in DTV. At least thats what I've read at some reviews. You can pass the signal through to have another app decode it though, or maybe your external receiver can.

I think the HDTV wonder card is great. I just wish the software would decode to 6 channels. It's a feature I'd be willing to pay for.

-Diode
Diode3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2004, 08:22 PM   #337
rbV5
Crossfire enabled

rbV5 is still being judged by the masses

Thumbs up

I gotta say Monday Night Football is looking great tonight. I've got it running on the 55" Widescreen using AIW's YPbPr, and it looks every bit as good as my hardware HD card. 720p using a non-fixed aspect ratio allows it to fill the screen perfectly.
Gaming PC: XP MCE 2005:ATI X1800XT 512MB(x2):ASUS A8R-MVP:Sapphire Theatrix 550pro:ATI HDTV Wonder:AMD64 X2 [email protected]:2GB 3200 A-DATA Ram:NEC 3550a DVD burner:160GB Seagate SATA:200GB WD IDE:60GB Maxtor IDE:22" Mitsubishi CRT:17" analog Rosewill LCD:55" Philips RPTV:Logitech MX1000:Logitech z560:Sennheiser HD 212pro

Bedroom PC: XP MCE 2005:ATI X1800XL:MSI MS-7093 RS480M2:ATI eHome Wonder:ATI HDTV Wonder:1GB Kingmax PC3200 DDR:NEC 1300A DVD Burner:Viewsonic N2750w 27" LCD:Seagate 200.0 GB SATA:Logitech MX1000:Logitech X-530
rbV5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2004, 10:47 PM   #338
laggytoad

laggytoad is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeke
First of all, I suggest using Filemonwww.sysinternals.com for troubleshooting apps that spawn errors since programmers/Microsoft like to cover-up any errors with any meaning. I had to use filemon for the problem described in this thread regarding when running MMC's TV app.
The following files were not found by TV app:
vidcap.ax
kswdmcap.ax
ksxbar.ax

These files were on my PC but not located in any of the environment paths TV app was looking in. I had these files in my %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers which was not where I found them on another PC of mine. They seem to be expected to be in your %SystemRoot%\system32 directory.

Therefore, I simply restored my backup image on PC and added the %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers to my environment path. Then installed MMC; again, since I do not have that included with my backup image. This is the point after a final reboot I crossed my fingers...
Hope this helps!

You are a freakin genius! HDTV was working fine for me but the regular TV app kept failing to start. I used filemon to track the problems and then just used search to find copies of the needed files on my hard drive, copied them to the directory that TV was looking in and PRESTO!
Filemon
is a great app, thanks for the tip..I've already used it to troubleshoot another buggy program.

As far as other tips I have learned in trying to get this card to work perfectly:

1. Video card does matter! It runs MUCH better with my Radeon 9800 Pro as opposed to my 9600. CPU usage was 20-40% with the 9800 and 70-100% with the 9600. (this sapphire card is notoriously bad)
  2. Sound card matters. When testing this card and monitoring the CPU usage, the usage goes WAY down when there is no sound (like on PBS nature scenes) I am using onboard sound right now and am hoping that CPU usage will lower when I hook up the coax digital pass-thru for my mobo.
  3. For some reason my setup handles 720p way more smooth than 1080i broadcasts. Right now I am still using my 19" monitor so maybe it has to do with the way monitors display and refresh (less decoding?) again CPU usage drops considerable when viewing 720p.
Anyway, just a few things I have noticed.

Athlon 2200+ @1.8Ghz
Asus A7V333 BIOS 1018 beta
768MB 2700 DDR
Win XP SP 2
DX 9.0c
Sapphire Radeon 256MB 9600
Cat 4.9

Last edited by laggytoad : Sep 27, 2004 at 10:55 PM.
laggytoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2004, 06:31 PM   #339
BroadbandGamer
Radeon R700

BroadbandGamer is still being judged by the masses

How big is a one hour TV show recorded in HD? How big is the file?
A64 X2 4400+ | ASUS A8N-SLI Premium | ATI X1900 XTX | 74GB Raptor | Antec TP-II 550 | Lian Li PC-65B Sony DRU-700A | TWINX2048-3200C2 | Dell 2005FPW | G5 |Audigy 2 ZS | Saitek Eclipse | Wingman Freedom 2.4
BroadbandGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2004, 06:56 PM   #340
grog
No longer on Rage3d

grog is still being judged by the masses

Monitor

Here are the sizes.

Code:
Record time 1 minute.
MMC Analog TV verses MMC DTV. 

SIZE        FILE_TYPE            HDTV?  2-Hour Movie
----------- ---------            -----  ------------
    342,926 56k Modem.wmv         no     41.1MB
  1,988,036 Cable_DSL_Modem.wmv   no     0.23GB
  5,528,218 LAN.wmv               no     0.66GB
  6,944,886 HandHeld.avi          no     0.83GB
  9,629,948 Portable.avi          no     1.15GB
 10,609,060 VCD-DEFAULT.mpg       no     1.27GB
 13,203,265 LocalUse.wmv          no     1.58GB
 17,857,616 SuperVideoCD.mpg      no     2.14GB
 23,180,984 HomeTheater.avi       no     2.78GB
 40,173,568 HDTV-480I.mpg         yes    4.82GB
 48,932,864 ATI-VCR-GOOD.vcr      no     5.87GB
 63,299,584 DVD-DEFAULT.mpg       no     7.59GB
 70,313,984 HDTV-720P.mpg         yes    8.37GB
116,441,088 DVD-MAX.mpg           no    13.97GB
140,185,600 HDTV-1080I.mpg        yes   16.82GB
Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadbandGamer
How big is a one hour TV show recorded in HD? How big is the file?
Old Sep 29, 2004, 01:10 PM   #341
viggster

viggster is still being judged by the masses

Angry No SPDIF sound on DTV - missing files

Hi all - I just found this place after hanging out on AVS Forum. Their HDTV wonder thread is way huge.....this one is easier to follow.

So I'm having trouble with the DTV app. It won't output sound to SPDIF. The ATI DVD player, however, works just fine and puts out DTS and DD sound via SPDIF. Seems strange - I thought they used the same decoder.

I tried the filemon trick mentioned earlier. Sure enough, DTV can't find several files:

CLDSTab.dat
ATIMMC.sim
Dolbyhph.dll
comtrusurroundxt.dll
pl2dll.dll

These files are not on my system anywhere. The "dolby" and "comtru" files are apparently powerDVD files sound libraries.

I'm running XPPro SP2 and cat4.9 with MMC9.02 and a chaintech av710 card on an AMD64 and MSI K8Nneo Platinum board. I reinstalled DTV several times with no luck.

Help!

Thanks.....this place rocks!
viggster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2004, 07:19 PM   #342
grog
No longer on Rage3d

It could be that the ATI DTV application is checking to see if they are installed.

The following two files are part of WinDVD in your list.

Dolbyhph.dll[
comtrusurroundxt.dll[

C:\Program Files\InterVideo\WinDVD4\DolbyHph.dll - Dolby Headphone Engine
C:\Program Files\InterVideo\WinDVD4\ComTruSurroundXT.dll - TruSurround XT Module
C:\Program Files\InterVideo\Common\Bin\ComTruSurroundXT.dll - TruSurround XT Module "same file as above"

Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by viggster
Hi all - I just found this place after hanging out on AVS Forum. Their HDTV wonder thread is way huge.....this one is easier to follow.

So I'm having trouble with the DTV app. It won't output sound to SPDIF. The ATI DVD player, however, works just fine and puts out DTS and DD sound via SPDIF. Seems strange - I thought they used the same decoder.

I tried the filemon trick mentioned earlier. Sure enough, DTV can't find several files:

CLDSTab.dat
ATIMMC.sim
Dolbyhph.dll
comtrusurroundxt.dll
pl2dll.dll

These files are not on my system anywhere. The "dolby" and "comtru" files are apparently powerDVD files sound libraries.

I'm running XPPro SP2 and cat4.9 with MMC9.02 and a chaintech av710 card on an AMD64 and MSI K8Nneo Platinum board. I reinstalled DTV several times with no luck.

Help!

Thanks.....this place rocks!
Old Sep 29, 2004, 09:57 PM   #343
viggster

Thanks for the response Grog. Yes, it looks like DTV is looking for the files. The question is - why does it want WinDVD files? And if it needs them, why doesn't it install them? Since these are sound files, I thought they might be the most plausible explanation for the lack of digital output from the app.

Are other people having problems with SPDIF out on DTV? I noticed some earlier mentions of DTV sound problems but I couldn't tell if they were with the digital or analog output.

V.
Old Sep 29, 2004, 10:42 PM   #344
laggytoad

laggytoad is still being judged by the masses

Question Three Questions

I have been able to get SPDIF output through my motherboard's onboard sound pass thru option enabled and decoded by my Denon receiver amp.
Hasn't solved my problem of high CPU usage during 1080i broadcasts, though.
QUESTION: Does anyone have anything else listed in DTV setup panel/Audio Tab/Pass through to audio device window?
I have "Cyberlink Audio Renderer (ATI-DTV)" as the only option.
1) Just wondering if anyone has any options available...like soundcards or anything?

Also, using Filemon (mentioned earlier) I see that ATIMMC is unable to find these files which seem to be linked to Cyberlink somehow:
pl2dll.dll
Dolbyhph.dll
CLDTSTab.dat
ComTruSurroundXT.dll
MFC42LOC.dll

2) If anyone gets a chance, please check to see if any of these files are on your computer cause I can't find them anywhere and am wondering if they might be part of my problem and could possibly be forwarded to me?

3) And finally, those of you with "perfectly" working installations: Does your HDTV Wonder share an IRQ with your Radeon graphics card or do they both have their own IRQ? I can't seem to get them seperated.

THANKS! (PM me if you don't feel like making this thread any longer )

Athlon 2200+ @1.8Ghz
Asus A7V333 BIOS 1018 beta
768MB 2700 DDR
Win XP SP 2
DX 9.0c
Sapphire Radeon 256MB 9600 (el stinko)
Cat 4.9

Last edited by laggytoad : Sep 30, 2004 at 11:01 AM. Reason: further questioning
laggytoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2004, 06:14 PM   #345
ttriplett

ttriplett is still being judged by the masses

My mobo's SPDIF out works great with both the analog and digital TV apps. I am using passthru to the Cyberlink Audio Renderer.

laggytoad, my HDWonder and my ATI Radeon 9600 do not share IRQs. I think that others have reported problems using the Sapphire 9600 with the HDwonder.

I do have one little quirk with the sound tho. My volume/mute buttons on the Remote Wonder don't work with the DTV app. They work fine with the analog TV app using SPDIF. Oddly, if I use my mouse with the DTV app, the volume/mute functions on the ATI control box work fine... just not with the remote using the Easylook interface.
Anyone else have this problem? Greg?
ttriplett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2004, 05:49 PM   #346
viggster

Default No DTV audio menu

So I guess SPDIF generally works for everyone. Anyone using it with ChaintechAV710? If so, which drivers?

I just noticed something else with the DTV app. When I pull up the EZLook menu, the first item is "Audio". But when I click on it, nothing. No submenu. No nuttin'.

Is this where I would chose SPDIF or analog out?

Any ideas why I can't access any of the audio settings? Does anyone know the registry settings for DTV audio?

Thanks.....
Old Oct 7, 2004, 03:04 PM   #347
BroadbandGamer
Radeon R700

BroadbandGamer is still being judged by the masses

Going to order off newegg! Any reason why I shouldn't?

Thanks,
A64 X2 4400+ | ASUS A8N-SLI Premium | ATI X1900 XTX | 74GB Raptor | Antec TP-II 550 | Lian Li PC-65B Sony DRU-700A | TWINX2048-3200C2 | Dell 2005FPW | G5 |Audigy 2 ZS | Saitek Eclipse | Wingman Freedom 2.4
BroadbandGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2004, 04:30 PM   #348
Andrew 1961
Radeon R420

Andrew 1961 is still being judged by the masses

Newegg is TOPS! And, they've got a $50 rebate on the HDTV Wonder *OOPS* they had a rebate .... must have expired
ATi AIW 9600 XT; KD7-RAID; HDTV-Wonder; 2x 512MB Kingston ValuRam; AMD 2500+ (OC'd to 3100+) w/retail HSF; Antec TruPower 430; 5 case fans (2x 80mm exhaust driven by PS & 1 slot fan, 80mm & 120mm intake); WD 80GB; 2x WD 250GB RAID-0; 2x WD 160GB RAID-0; 2x WD 250GB; LiteON DVD-ROM on USB2; LiteON DVD D/L R/W; ATi Remote Wonder II, Electro-Home TiRA2
WinXP-SP2; Catalyst 5.4 w/CCC & ATICVPatch; MMC 9.06.1; RW 3.01; Girder 3.3
Andrew 1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2004, 09:54 AM   #349
doubledeucelaw

doubledeucelaw is still being judged by the masses

Default Export function - 59 fps?

When I use the file library's export to "High Quality MPEG-2 format suitable for DVD authoring" (from a 720p capture) the resulting MPEG-2 is still 59 fps. I thought MPEG-2 for DVD authoring (NTSC) is 29.97 fps. Am I wrong? Is there a way to convert the frame rate of the exported MPEG file without doing a whole re-encode?

Last edited by doubledeucelaw : Oct 8, 2004 at 01:50 PM.
doubledeucelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2004, 02:55 AM   #350
scumbag

scumbag is still being judged by the masses

Default Use DVDPatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledeucelaw
Is there a way to convert the frame rate of the exported MPEG file without doing a whole re-encode?
If you think the problem is just in the headers, you can use DVD Patcher.

http://www.wincesoft.de/html/dvdpatcher.html
scumbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2004, 04:06 AM   #351
scumbag

Default Problems with HD MPEG-2 exported from KRON-DTV

Is anyone capturing from KRON in the SF Bay Area and having success exporting to HD MPEG-2? I can export my captures from other HD broadcasters and they're ok, but not KRON - video playback is sped up like 10x on the KRON exports. Exporting to DVD works ok. Not sure what's different about KRON compared to other stations, they're 1080i like most of the other stations I receive.

It's a real shame I can't yet export anything from KRON yet - they rebroadcast a lot of HD Net content.
Old Oct 10, 2004, 08:57 PM   #352
scumbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by scumbag
Is anyone capturing from KRON in the SF Bay Area and having success exporting to HD MPEG-2?
WinDVD is able to play back the HD MPEG-2s from KRON, so I'm going to assume the problem is in the player application, and not the exported files.
Old Oct 10, 2004, 11:41 PM   #353
Dingle

Dingle is still being judged by the masses

Not sure if this has been covered... but is it possible to turn off the on-demand feature. Because i tried hooking up my xbox to the video capture and it looked good but it was a little delayed because it was recording the live tv. I would like to have it instant on the screen.
Dingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2004, 12:26 AM   #354
grog
No longer on Rage3d

Capture from external S-VIDEO and Composite with the ATI HDTV WONDER are not HD(DTV) format.

You don't use the DTV player for any input other than
HDTV via the RF antenna input.

So all rules for MMC govern the S-VIDEO-IN and Composite-IN lines.

TV-ON-DEMAND is not required for MMC only DTV.

Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingle
Not sure if this has been covered... but is it possible to turn off the on-demand feature. Because i tried hooking up my xbox to the video capture and it looked good but it was a little delayed because it was recording the live tv. I would like to have it instant on the screen.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 03:10 AM   #355
Dingle

Dingle is still being judged by the masses

I was not using DTV but selected TV. But it still has the on-demand feature.
Dingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2004, 08:00 AM   #356
grog
No longer on Rage3d

Then turn it off if you don't want it on. For the TV application look on the left side for the ON-DEMAND button and click it. It will toggle between on-demand and not-on-demand.

Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingle
I was not using DTV but selected TV. But it still has the on-demand feature.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 11:40 AM   #357
doubledeucelaw

doubledeucelaw is still being judged by the masses

Thanks, but did not help. I think its actually 59.4 fps. I have submitted a problem report to ATI and will update when (and if) I get response.
doubledeucelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2004, 05:28 PM   #358
bitslizer

bitslizer is still being judged by the masses

Some questions/issue with the HDTV wonder/Libary.

My reception aren't 100% perfect due to neighbor's tree directly blocking the antenna. I think I have multipath issue? because my signal is 91% strength

with the DTV app I may see slight jerk or such.
but when I export to HDTV MPEG2, i see blocks/band/artificat... very annoying any one else have this problem?

also anyone find a fast MPEG2 transcoder ala DVD2one/dvdshrink(or rejig?) that work with the ATI's HDTV mpeg2 format? Most of the transcoder I tried tend to crash although it may have to do with the artificats problem I mention above? since Small(couple seconds) recording the exported to HDTV MPEG2 seem to get transcoded ok...

Also anyway we can export directly to DivX/Xvid with the ATI libary? there's MPEG4 but I can't seem to select ASF or DivX or Xvid etc?
bitslizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2004, 10:44 AM   #359
Skid
Radeon R300

Skid is still being judged by the masses

Default Recording won't play

Went through two aborted installs, one clean with new files, one clean with CD. The first claimed it couldn't find the hardware, the second blue screened and I couldn't load Windows until I did a system restore.

Finally got the new files to go on by deleting all the yellow exclamation points in device manager and pointing Windows to the WDM drivers on reboot.

ATI really should be ashamed, I've been doing this dance with their drivers since my first Mach 64 card. Once the software installs, the cards work great.

On to my current problem. DTV reception is fine, and I can record manually with good results.

Last night I recorded all four hours of the NASCAR race. This morning I find 18 gigs of .vcr files in my MMC folder, and the library contains an entry for "NBC12 HD Movie" corresponding to the start time.

But the player gives me an errors, saying the file can't be opened. In the MMC folder are numbered .vcr files. All are grayed out except the first, which is the smallest at 3kb. Double-clicking on any of them gives me an error.

Any suggestions on how to salvage or convert this recording?
Skid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2004, 12:14 PM   #360
Andrew 1961
Radeon R420

Andrew 1961 is still being judged by the masses

Sorry I don't have a technical answer -- but I do have a programming observation: Why did you record in such a HIGH rate on the DTV tuner? Last night's NASCAR race was NOT in HD. You could have recorded it using 2GB/hr or less.
ATi AIW 9600 XT; KD7-RAID; HDTV-Wonder; 2x 512MB Kingston ValuRam; AMD 2500+ (OC'd to 3100+) w/retail HSF; Antec TruPower 430; 5 case fans (2x 80mm exhaust driven by PS & 1 slot fan, 80mm & 120mm intake); WD 80GB; 2x WD 250GB RAID-0; 2x WD 160GB RAID-0; 2x WD 250GB; LiteON DVD-ROM on USB2; LiteON DVD D/L R/W; ATi Remote Wonder II, Electro-Home TiRA2
WinXP-SP2; Catalyst 5.4 w/CCC & ATICVPatch; MMC 9.06.1; RW 3.01; Girder 3.3
Andrew 1961 is offline   Reply With Quote