Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 23, 2020, 10:12 PM   #241
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Given what I saw from the videos doesn't seem like a heavy engine. Will probably run at 100 fps while spitting demon blood.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2020, 06:22 AM   #242
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
no longer using megatexture? Allow me to celebrate this great news.
https://wccftech.com/id-tech-7-engin...d-post-launch/

Its going to be a big departure from prior engines.

KAC, most videos shown are of the console versions, all the trailer vids are atleast. We really haven't seen the PC side yet.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS14, EVGA FTW3 2080Ti Sixtuple SLI, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2020, 04:15 PM   #243
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 26, 2020, 04:25 PM   #244
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
Solid.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2020, 05:36 PM   #245
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Looks tight! Unlike KAC's Mum!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2020, 06:24 PM   #246
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

Id says they have this running at 400FPS on modern hardware. I don't know if it supports SLI this time but they did eventually get it working last time. They say the game will officially support 1000FPS for future Panel technology.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/70929...mit/index.html

I figure the post release RTX patches will bring performance way down at 4K but still, they seem to have their new engine optimized pretty well from the sound of it which means they have a lot of headroom for graphics improvements.

Last edited by the_sextein : Feb 28, 2020 at 06:31 PM.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 12:18 AM   #247
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

If xbone runs at 60fps then people won't have a problem running this on PC with even a medium range PC.
nutcrackr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2020, 08:19 PM   #248
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
It's doom guys, it'll run on a 486 no probs. Just make sure u have a sound blaster 32 compatible system.
Damn, I only have the Sound Blaster 16. Time for an upgrade I suppose.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2020, 09:10 PM   #249
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I'll be playing on the home theater. Already booked the 20th off of work. 120"/4K/HDR/11.2 Surround.

My body is ready.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS14, EVGA FTW3 2080Ti Sixtuple SLI, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Old Feb 29, 2020, 09:31 PM   #250
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
I'll be playing on the home theater. Already booked the 20th off of work. 120"/4K/HDR/11.2 Surround.

My body is ready.
With that lowly vid card? At 4K?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2020, 09:40 PM   #251
Nascar24

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Definitely looks like another engine that will give us 4k 60 on a 1080 Ti maxed out.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 03:05 AM   #252
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:

My body is ready.
Is your main gaming PC permanently hooked up to your home theater or do you have two gaming PCs (one hooked up to the home theater and one hooked up to a regular desk + monitor)?
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2020, 09:57 AM   #253
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
Is your main gaming PC permanently hooked up to your home theater or do you have two gaming PCs (one hooked up to the home theater and one hooked up to a regular desk + monitor)?
The rig in my sig is now always attached to my home theater and the Predator monitor at the same time. Dual screens, I just switch the main screen when I want to play on the 120".

I mainly play fighting games on it, Mortal Kombat 11, Street Fighter 30th Anniversary and Street Fighter V Championship Edition. But I will be making an exception for Doom Eternal.

I purchased a 75ft AVR Slim Run Monoprice Fiber HDMI to push it as I didn't want to use a extender. Goes to the Yamaha CX-A5200 and then another 30ft AVR Slim Run Fiber to the projector. My Apple TV 4K, Sony UBP-X800 and Nintendo Switch all use 6ft Bluediamond HDMI cables. So I get the HDR10+ and 4:4:4 Chroma.

It can't do 12Bit HDR, if I set it in the Nvidia CP it loses signal.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 01:08 PM   #254
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
The rig in my sig is now always attached to my home theater and the Predator monitor at the same time. Dual screens, I just switch the main screen when I want to play on the 120".

I mainly play fighting games on it, Mortal Kombat 11, Street Fighter 30th Anniversary and Street Fighter V Championship Edition. But I will be making an exception for Doom Eternal.

I purchased a 75ft AVR Slim Run Monoprice Fiber HDMI to push it as I didn't want to use a extender. Goes to the Yamaha CX-A5200 and then another 30ft AVR Slim Run Fiber to the projector. My Apple TV 4K, Sony UBP-X800 and Nintendo Switch all use 6ft Bluediamond HDMI cables. So I get the HDR10+ and 4:4:4 Chroma.

It can't do 12Bit HDR, if I set it in the Nvidia CP it loses signal.
Good stuff.

Where/how do you place your keyboard and mouse when gaming from the couch on the home theater? Or do you game from the same position/place regardless of whether you are using the 120" or the monitor?
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2020, 01:47 PM   #255
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
Good stuff.

Where/how do you place your keyboard and mouse when gaming from the couch on the home theater? Or do you game from the same position/place regardless of whether you are using the 120" or the monitor?
I have glass desk behind my sectional, I have USB extension cables for my keyboard mouse and mouse pad. That's the plan for Doom.

Otherwise I have 2 XBox Elite Controllers.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 01:40 AM   #256
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

lol has a 120 screen. Plays Doom with Xbox controllers.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 08:17 AM   #257
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
lol has a 120 screen. Plays Doom with Xbox controllers.
I don't play Doom with a controller you scrub. I play keyboard and mouse with custom keys ( NOT WASD ).

Even still I could take you 1 on 1 using a controller.

I've seen your **** in MK11 and Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. My 4 year old nephew could do better.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 08:26 PM   #258
KAC
That postcount though...

Old Mar 9, 2020, 09:16 PM   #259
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Doom Eternal Minimum PC Specs

Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor:  Intel Core i5 @ 3.3 GHz or better, or AMD Ryzen 3 @ 3.1 GHz or better
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (4GB), GTX 1060 (6GB), GTX 1650 (4GB) or AMD Radeon R9 290 (4GB)/RX 470 (4GB)
Storage: 50GB available space
Additional Notes: (1080p / 60 FPS / Low Quality Settings)

Recommended

Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel Core i7-6700K or better, or AMD Ryzen 7 1800X or better
Memory: 16GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (8GB), RTX 2060 (8GB) or AMD Radeon RX Vega56 (8GB)
Storage: 50GB available space
Additional Notes: (1440p / 60 FPS / High Quality Settings)
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2020, 09:28 PM   #260
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Min specs look wrong, but not as wrong as some.
nutcrackr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2020, 10:09 PM   #261
Crash7
Radeon R700

Crash7 is still being judged by the masses

Well, they basically described my system in the "recommended" section, so that's good, I guess.
Crash7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2020, 12:13 AM   #262
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

my video card is so old now, but i cant afford a new one, looks like i'm gonna have to start lowering settings now. First Odyssey, now this.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2020, 12:16 AM   #263
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
my video card is so old now, but i cant afford a new one, looks like i'm gonna have to start lowering settings now. First Odyssey, now this.
Second hand GPU from a mate?
Old Mar 10, 2020, 05:36 PM   #264
Nascar24

I pre-ordered this game on Amazon when they still gave 20 percent off new games back on July 15, 2018. Also had 20 percent off with my credit card at the time. Picked up for $38
Old Mar 10, 2020, 06:11 PM   #265
Megaman
Packing heat!

Found another set of system specs. Haven't compared with my previous post but it now includes a "Ultra Nightmare Spec"

Quote:
Minimum Specs (1080p / 60fps / Low Quality Settings)

64-bit Windows 7/64-Bit Windows 10
Intel Core i5 @ 3.3 GHz or better, or AMD Ryzen 3 @ 3.1 GHz or better
8GB System RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 1050Ti (4GB), GTX 1060 (3GB), GTX 1650 (4GB) or AMD Radeon R9 280 (3GB), AMD Radeon R9 290 (4GB) or RX 470 (4GB)
50 GB hard drive space

Recommended Specs (1440p / 60fps / High Quality Settings)

64-bit Windows 10
Intel Core i7-6700K or better, or AMD Ryzen 7 1800X or better
8GB System RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (8GB), RTX 2060 (6GB) or AMD Radeon RX Vega56 (8GB)
OR (1080p/ 60 FPS / High Quality Settings) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB), NVIDIA GeForce 970 (4GB), AMD RX 480 (8GB)
Note : On GTX 970 only - set Texture Quality to Medium
50 GB hard drive space

Ultra-Nightmare Specs (2160p / 60fps / Ultra-Nightmare Settings) OR (1440p / 120 FPS / Ultra-Nightmare Settings)

64-bit Windows 10
Intel Core i9-9900K or better, or AMD Ryzen 7 3700X or better
16GB System RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti (11GB)
50 GB hard drive space
Old Mar 10, 2020, 06:13 PM   #266
Megaman
Packing heat!

Old Mar 10, 2020, 06:18 PM   #267
Megaman
Packing heat!

Unlock times

Quote:
In AU/NZ/Asia, DOOM Eternal unlocks at 7:01AM Pacific Time on March 20 (12:01AM JST)
In Europe and rest-of-world, DOOM Eternal unlocks at 4:01PM Pacific Time on March 20 (12:01AM GMT)
In North and South America, DOOM Eternal unlocks at 9:01PM Pacific Time on March 20 (12:01AM EDT)
Old Mar 10, 2020, 06:32 PM   #268
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

With system requirements as heavy as they are, I'm pretty sure I won't be buying into DOOM: Eternal any time soon. Looks like this one's on my Christmas list.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 06:58 PM   #269
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

I plan on waiting for Nvidia's new card series to drop before I play this. Could end up being next year the way things are going.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 04:38 PM   #270
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I am pumped to play this while we transition in the real world apocalypse.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk