Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Feb 9, 2019, 03:21 AM   #3031
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
These cards still blowing up?
Not mine. You really going to wait until Oct for Navi?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2019, 05:36 AM   #3032
KAC
Gays be gays be gays be g

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I am hoping the destruction of NV share price leads to reasonable pricing.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2019, 05:53 AM   #3033
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I am hoping the destruction of NV share price leads to reasonable pricing.
There in a big hole ATM. If they reduce prices and cut their margins that will destroy the share price even more as profits will plummet. Good old Jensen is seeing his millions p**s away in front of his eyes partly because of his greed in pricing Turing too high. Consumers are becoming sick of paying ever higher prices for virtually no performance delta. The same thing is happening with Apple.
Intel i7 7700k @ 4.7Ghz, ASUS Z270-K, Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64, 16GB Crucial DDR4 2400 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung Evo 850 SSD, 750mb Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 9, 2019, 09:17 AM   #3034
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

All imho,

I think Nvidia did get caught up during the mining days and it helped drive up share, revenue and margins. By misreading the mining market, it has effected the bottom line for growth momentum. This i believe is the major reason for the share drop.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 11:11 AM   #3035
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Price drops are eventual but don't think its gonna be anytime soon. In fact there's no pressure to even release a refresh part in the usual June timeframe.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2019, 11:34 AM   #3036
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Price drops are eventual but don't think its gonna be anytime soon. In fact there's no pressure to even release a refresh part in the usual June timeframe.
In the UK you can buy a Vega 56 AIB card for £300 and an Asus Rog Strix Vega 64 for £400 and they absolutely destroy the RTX 2060 which costs £329. Nvidia just aren't shifting Turing cards and they admit that themselves. Regarding price they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. Sooner rather than later they will have to bite the bullet but lets see when. Their 2080/ti are at a joke price and consumers are just not buying it. Massive own goal by Jensen but then again it's his money he's pi**ing away.
Intel i7 7700k @ 4.7Ghz, ASUS Z270-K, Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64, 16GB Crucial DDR4 2400 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung Evo 850 SSD, 750mb Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
Old Feb 9, 2019, 11:58 AM   #3037
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I don't really see where the Vega 64 is destroying the RTX 2060 - it's actually keeping up in most games, and the RTX2060 is drawing far less power and running much cooler.

2019 looks to be a terrible year in terms of hardware, at least on the GPU front. I don't see any reason for NV to release a refresh as the Radeon VII is a terrible card. Seems like this is pretty much the worst GPU release from both teams in a long time. The pricing of the RTX2xxx series has been absolutely dreadful, and the performance from the AMD camp is, as it has been for years now, lacking. The pricing isn't very good either.

I'll probably buy an Alphacool waterblock for my TITAN X Pascal and ride this out until the next line of cards. At 2050/5500 it's still a beast. I think this year I'll move to a 6c/12thread or 8c/16thread chip and ignore a GPU upgrade. Hopefully both teams figure out what the hell they're doing, because what we have on the market right now definitely isn't appealing. You know what would be great right now? mGPU. I would just buy another TITAN and SLI them, but unfortunately, mGPU has bitten the dust.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

Last edited by Nunz : Feb 9, 2019 at 12:07 PM.
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2019, 12:05 PM   #3038
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
In the UK you can buy a Vega 56 AIB card for £300 and an Asus Rog Strix Vega 64 for £400 and they absolutely destroy the RTX 2060 which costs £329. Nvidia just aren't shifting Turing cards and they admit that themselves. Regarding price they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. Sooner rather than later they will have to bite the bullet but lets see when. Their 2080/ti are at a joke price and consumers are just not buying it. Massive own goal by Jensen but then again it's his money he's pi**ing away.
According to Steam, i am surprised by the positive percentage of 2080 and ti sku's considering their premium pricing.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 01:16 PM   #3039
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

the lack of RTX games are slowing NV sales more than price

350 top end gpu's from AMD is a thing of the past not going to see anything high end out of AMD cheaper than 700 usd

navi will be cheaper but is mid range card .

as soon as a few top class games that use RTX are out cards will sell much faster even at the same prices and NV knows it

the next 7nm RTX cards will not be cheaper .
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2019, 01:28 PM   #3040
acroig
Master Troll

acroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
the lack of RTX games are slowing NV sales more than price

350 top end gpu's from AMD is a thing of the past not going to see anything high end out of AMD cheaper than 700 usd

navi will be cheaper but is mid range card .

as soon as a few top class games that use RTX are out cards will sell much faster even at the same prices and NV knows it

the next 7nm RTX cards will not be cheaper .
Yeah, I think you're 100% right about this.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2019, 01:41 PM   #3041
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

I think the lack of rtx content is a component but feel the major reason is the lackluster price performance considering it's a next generational arch.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 01:51 PM   #3042
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
I think the lack of rtx content is a component but feel the major reason is the lackluster price performance considering it's a next generational arch.
they get the games out and I may but a second 2080 ti for RTX at 4k
since it looks like I won't be buying two Radeon 7's too much power draw and no CFX support

but those dx12 games would need to show SLI support with RTX first
Old Feb 9, 2019, 01:51 PM   #3043
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Nvidia may need to be careful with pricing considering their main competitors may be more powerful integrated solutions and consoles. Intel and amd are serious competitors.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 01:58 PM   #3044
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Nvidia may need to be careful with pricing considering their main competitors may be more powerful integrated solutions and consoles. Intel and amd are serious competitors.
not till late 2020 and the next consoles like the PS5 and likely anything like a high end card from AMD or Intel
Old Feb 9, 2019, 01:59 PM   #3045
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Quote:
they get the games out and I may but a second 2080 ti for RTX at 4k
since it looks like I won't be buying two Radeon 7's too much power draw and no CFX support

but those dx12 games would need to show SLI support with RTX first
Does sli enable or compatible with raytracing and dlss?
Old Feb 9, 2019, 05:52 PM   #3046
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Does sli enable or compatible with raytracing and dlss?
it can

it does in port royal anyway

https://www.3dmark.com/hall-of-fame-...et/version+1.0

just needs support in dx12
Old Feb 9, 2019, 09:42 PM   #3047
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Thanks. Curious about dlss and sli.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 10:20 PM   #3048
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Thanks. Curious about dlss and sli.
well since both raytracing and dlss need dx12 I think SLI with them will need game developer support
Old Feb 9, 2019, 10:42 PM   #3049
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

The whole 2000 series has basically been a joke thanks to Nvidia acting arrogantly. First they think they can sell 2080 Ti FEs for $1200 and then AIBs will eagerly go ahead and sell at MSRP. Bzzzt! They think they can actually sell the same performance at the same price and people will actually care. Bzzzt! Everyone is calling their bluff.

Nvidia needs to get their heads out of their ass and lower the price of these cards. At the very least they need to sell chips to the AIBs cheaply enough that they actually try to hit the MSRP on the 2080 Ti. Otherwise next time they may as well not bother listing an MSRP.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2019, 10:08 PM   #3050
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Well with the die size at 12nm I can imagine the gpus arent cheap. If they can put it out at 7nm and lower the price then maybe but no card is worth more than 7-800 CAD imo. Its just still too much of an upgrade curve. You spend that much usually on stuff meant to last.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 18.12.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F24 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 18.12.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2019, 03:32 AM   #3051
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
The whole 2000 series has basically been a joke thanks to Nvidia acting arrogantly. First they think they can sell 2080 Ti FEs for $1200 and then AIBs will eagerly go ahead and sell at MSRP. Bzzzt!P.

Yep, this whole gen is a joke. 2080TI? LoL, no way I'd touch that. Turns out, R7 is actually worse value over Vega64 than 2080TI over 1080TI!

Nvidia started the trend of shiitness, and AMD followed suit.. I hope they both suffer and we get better value next gen!
Old Feb 11, 2019, 04:28 AM   #3052
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Yep, this whole gen is a joke. 2080TI? LoL, no way I'd touch that. Turns out, R7 is actually worse value over Vega64 than 2080TI over 1080TI!

Nvidia started the trend of shiitness, and AMD followed suit.. I hope they both suffer and we get better value next gen!
Yeah, overall it's just a disappointing time to be a GPU enthusiast. It's actually quite bizarre to see close to zero performance increase in the same price bracket like we have this gen. I think it's basically unprecedented going back to the start of discrete 3D accelerators in the 1990s.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2019, 05:30 AM   #3053
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

It takes the excitement and major reason to upgrade away. Great engineering, very good chips, forward looking and feature rich but feel Nvidia did go too far and too aggressive with their price.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 01:43 PM   #3054
GTwannabe
Radeon Evergreen

GTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
Yeah, overall it's just a disappointing time to be a GPU enthusiast. It's actually quite bizarre to see close to zero performance increase in the same price bracket like we have this gen. I think it's basically unprecedented going back to the start of discrete 3D accelerators in the 1990s.
NV milking Pascal for 2+ years was unprecedented. AMD hasn't had a top-end card since 2013 with the 290X which performs like their bread and butter 580.
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2019, 03:22 PM   #3055
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTwannabe View Post
NV milking Pascal for 2+ years was unprecedented. AMD hasn't had a top-end card since 2013 with the 290X which performs like their bread and butter 580.
2015 Fury X cfx was a good upgrade from 290x cfx at 4k
Old Feb 11, 2019, 03:50 PM   #3056
GTwannabe
Radeon Evergreen

GTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
2015 Fury X cfx was a good upgrade from 290x cfx at 4k
Once you go 290X Crossfire, you go deaf.
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2019, 04:47 PM   #3057
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTwannabe View Post
Once you go 290X Crossfire, you go deaf.
it was nothing like a R7 but then I had two asus DCII

but Fury X was a nice volume reduction
Old Feb 11, 2019, 05:18 PM   #3058
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

ATI Technologies

Quote:
It takes the excitement and major reason to upgrade away. Great engineering, very good chips, forward looking and feature rich but feel Nvidia did go too far and too aggressive with their price.
Make your mind up Sir Pauly you earlier mentioned it was NV's misinterpretation of the crypto market and now it's price which is exactly what I have suggested?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 05:25 PM   #3059
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

ATI Technologies

NV are in the chicken and egg syndrome. They are having to pay Dev's for ray tracing and DLSS support because Turing footprint is way too small because of the high price they're charging. With their share price tanking investors are not happy which is bound to limit their budget to spend on Dev's unless they reduce the price. Time for Jensen to bite the bullet and admit his pricing strategy for Turing was all wrong. The TI needs to come down to $800 and the 2080 to $550 and they'll sell well but I won't be holding my breath.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 06:08 PM   #3060
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
NV are in the chicken and egg syndrome. They are having to pay Dev's for ray tracing and DLSS support because Turing footprint is way too small because of the high price they're charging. With their share price tanking investors are not happy which is bound to limit their budget to spend on Dev's unless they reduce the price. Time for Jensen to bite the bullet and admit his pricing strategy for Turing was all wrong. The TI needs to come down to $800 and the 2080 to $550 and they'll sell well but I won't be holding my breath.

https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/

more RTX cards (2070/80 & ti ) than Vega's