Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Operating Systems
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Operating Systems Discussion topics on operating systems including all iterations of Windows, Linux, MacOS, BeOS, etc.

Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:02 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Default Is there an uninstrusive version of Windows 10?

So I am still running on 7 on my desktop and laptop,
I got a Win 10 tablet for my mom, which is a pain but less so
as time goes by.

Having said this, I know 7's time is about to end, so is there a version of 10
that has Cortana and all the other crap off by default for enterprise or other clients?

I can only assume NSA and CIA and other dark sites would not fly the Win 10 plane,
so what do they do?
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:20 PM   #2
DigitalDemon
Swordless Mimetown

DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards

There is LTSC 2019. It's Windows 10 minus without apps, the store, cortana, etc, with 10 years of security updates. You can actually buy it without a MS license agreement, at the cost of about $300, on top of the cost of the Win 10 pro license, plus 4x open business user cals for another $30. I am running it now and it's what should have been the successor to Windows 7.

Technically the ISO itself is not illegal to acquire or possess without a license, they just make it difficult to find. It can be installed for trial purposes...
DigitalDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2019, 01:47 PM   #3
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Interesting... I can purchase it from Microsoft?
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 4, 2019, 01:59 PM   #4
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGoa View Post
Interesting... I can purchase it from Microsoft?
Some info:

https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/com...s_10_ltsb_key/
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2019, 05:34 PM   #5
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

More info on this:

https://www.computerworld.com/articl...explained.html

It would cost me 400$ CAD for 10 year licence... Hmmm....

In the end, those are all things I can remove myself. Decisions...
Old Feb 4, 2019, 05:49 PM   #6
DigitalDemon
Swordless Mimetown

DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGoa View Post
In the end, those are all things I can remove myself. Decisions...
Unfortunately those things will get put right back on with some more garbage twice a year, once a year if you try and defer the feature upgrades.
DigitalDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2019, 06:22 PM   #7
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Run O&O ShutUp 10 on your clean Windows 10 install. https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10. I think that's as non intrusive as you can get without a modified ISO & license.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2019, 07:07 PM   #8
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDemon View Post
Unfortunately those things will get put right back on with some more garbage twice a year, once a year if you try and defer the feature upgrades.
Yeah, I know :-/

Munkus, interesting, I already use O&O Defrag so I know the company well.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 06:39 PM   #9
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Use the O&O stuff.

There is a lot of hassle and cost to be legit otherwise.

Edit : I will add, to be careful with some settings. Some things disable the nice search/prefetch features, and don't really make sense to me why they would. Its one thing I really enjoy is just typing a few letters after clicking "start" and just getting what I need a second as opposed to digging for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun

Last edited by VW_Factor : Feb 5, 2019 at 06:46 PM.
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2019, 07:02 PM   #10
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

Thanks for the help guys