Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Nov 2, 2016, 05:30 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

Default **** IPHONE! **** APPLE!

I AM BANNING THIS **** OF RETARDED TECH FROM MY HOME. ****ING ABUSIVE COMPANY WITH ABUSIVELY EXPENSIVE OUTDATED PRODUCTS. My wife is the only one in my family who uses Apple... NO MORE! I have never been badly treated by a mere gadget company like this before. I was gonna pay +$900 FOR THIS TREATMENT!? HELL NO!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS COMPANY TO CRASH AND BURN!!!

ANDROID FTW! MS FTW! EVERYTHING ELSE FTW!!!

OH AND STEVE JOBS IS AN ABUSIVE CREDIT STEALING MONSTER! HE IS NO GENIUS!
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2016, 05:35 PM   #2
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

deep breath

posted from my Apple iPhone 6S
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2016, 05:38 PM   #3
somewon
Rage3D Veteran

somewon is still being judged by the masses

Care to elaborate?
somewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 2, 2016, 05:42 PM   #4
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNB4800 View Post
I AM BANNING THIS **** OF RETARDED TECH FROM MY HOME. ****ING ABUSIVE COMPANY WITH ABUSIVELY EXPENSIVE OUTDATED PRODUCTS. My wife is the only one in my family who uses Apple... NO MORE! I have never been badly treated by a mere gadget company like this before. I was gonna pay +$900 FOR THIS TREATMENT!? HELL NO!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS COMPANY TO CRASH AND BURN!!!

ANDROID FTW! MS FTW! EVERYTHING ELSE FTW!!!

OH AND STEVE JOBS IS AN ABUSIVE CREDIT STEALING MONSTER! HE IS NO GENIUS!
Google approves of this message.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2016, 05:45 PM   #5
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

I will provide story after I calmed down... Sorry but they are so bad, there wasn't a proper place to complain against them or the situation I have been through...
Old Nov 2, 2016, 05:50 PM   #6
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNB4800 View Post
I will provide story after I calmed down... Sorry but they are so bad, there wasn't a proper place to complain against them or the situation I have been through...
I have no doubt that you experienced crappy support, but all of my dealings with Apple have been positive. I just wish they weren't so friggin' expensive.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2016, 05:50 PM   #7
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Apple a day keeps the doctor away.

Posted from my iPad synced with iPhone through AirPort.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 06:12 PM   #8
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Tell us how you really feel! No, don't hold back!
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2016, 06:26 PM   #9
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

So my wife is an iPhone user. She just likes it and comfortable with it. Her last iPhone is an iPhone 5S 32 GB. It recently got a cracked screen and its battery has been erratic. So I thought it might be time for her to get an upgrade. She is also a heavy photo and video recording user.

I on the other hand am a logical person and so I use android. My current phone is a trusty, reliable and fully functioning Samsung Galaxy S5. Mind you, my work gives me an iPhone 5S for work purposes and since I am stuck with it, I get to use it. Let me tell you this know, this thing is so retarded, limiting and really just bad. I do not see what Apple users see in iOS or iPhones!

Anyway, I thought to buy her the latest iPhone as clearly my attempts to sway her away from that keeps failing. So what I did is visit T-Mobile in hopes to get a trade-in offer for her old iPhone. Sadly they equate that to a measly $41. Might as well give it to them for free... Anyway, we didn't go that route.

So I decided to order online. Spent half a day trying to order from Apple website and even pay extra for same day delivery. The website just kept stuck at "Processing" FOREVER!!! So I canceled that. Note that no order was made.

Next day, I visited the website through our company's Perks system as I get some credit for purchases through it and this time I made the delivery method to be pick up from store. So the order went through. Though the faggots have a much annoying system. You see, it has to PROCESS the ORDER and then send a CONFIRMATION... I said to myself, sure it might take an hour. Oh and btw, when I did that pick up thing, they let you select a "Check-in" schedule. So I picked up the earliest one available (weirdly it has a 30 minute window! Anyway, I picked 1:30 to 2:00). Note that I made the order at 11:30 AM. I ordered the normal size, 256 GB and unlocked version for $920 tax included. I would like to add that the "Processing" webpage link the email had showed that I should get the phone TODAY!

Now it was time for me to leave office but no confirmation was sent yet! So I tried looking for customer support PHONE NUMBER! YOU WOULD THINK IT IS EASY TO FIND ONE ON THEIR ORDER PAGE OR SOMEWHERE WITHOUT DIGGING! Nope! But hey, there was a chat option so I chose that.

Now this chat system was so slow! Took about 10 minutes until someone talked to me. So I explained that I have yet to receive the confirmation order. He assured me all is going as normal and that processing takes around 2 hours. I told him that it is already 4 hours since the order was made! He said I should go to the pick up store and just get "the ball rolling" as that is my best chance for getting the phone. I told him that I was concerned to go there only to be told to go there LATER AFTER THE CONFIRMATION EMAIL IS RECEIVED. He said I have a high chance to get things done this way. Note that this idiot was taking 5 minutes between messages to reply as he seems to be responding to multiple customers at the same time. For a company making gold out of their asses, you would expect faster response.

So I drive after work and get to the pick up store. I get this teenager who has an iPad and tells me to go to the back corner of the store to get help on my issue. I go there and stand like a ****ing goat... I stood there and noone approached me. So I approached at someone STARING AT ME WITH AN APPLE SHIRT. So I went to him and told him I am supposed to get help here, are you the one who is supposed to help me? He said no it wasn't him but he will get someone who will help. So he calls some fat kid and he comes over. I told him my issue and that I should receive the phone already. He said... HE CAN'T DO ANYTHING UNTIL I GET THE CONFIRMATION!!! I was like, dude, I made the order hours ago! and it should be processed within two hours since the order! SURELY THERE IS A PROBLEM! He said, there is till 5 hours before we close! WOOOOOOOOOO. So you like, I should wait until YOU CLOSE THE STORE TO KNOW IF THERE IS A ****ING PROBLEM OR NOT!!! WOW!

Ofcourse I didn't say all that. I just asked him if he can contact some other department and figure out what is taking too long. He said he can't do much! So I took a deep breathe, took out my phone, navigated to my processing order email and clicked cancel! While I was doing that I told the gentlemen: My wife has been an iPhone user for a long time, but I guess not anymore...

Then I stormed out of the store.

What pissed me even more is there was no attempt from the employees to solve the problem whatsoever. I guess that is what you get when you try to purchase something from a company that is drowning in money.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 07:08 PM   #10
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

So you went to the store without having the confirmation email, and couldn't get a phone, and it's somehow Apple's fault?
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2016, 07:15 PM   #11
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Yeah pretty salty for no ones fault but your own. Not to mention it has nothing to do with the phone at all.

Quote:
I on the other hand am a logical person and so I use android.
lol sure buddy!

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2016, 07:17 PM   #12
Rummy
Radeon R700

Rummy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRummy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

looks like user error
Old Nov 2, 2016, 07:18 PM   #13
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

Are you even reading all of what I wrote? The support said it should be around TWO HOURS. By the time I got to the store, 5 hours already passed AND YET, the kid asks me to wait longer? I mean, Maybe I come the next day and I should wait still. AMIRIGHT?!

Oh and the fatty told me to go online and talk to customer support, WHICH I DID!?

But hey, Apple fans are die hards!
Old Nov 2, 2016, 07:22 PM   #14
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Things happen... maybe wait for a confirmation? Show up when it says to. Maybe they didnt have any in stock? Apple never said come on by we have the phone ready you just decided to show up and expect things to get done

Old Nov 2, 2016, 07:37 PM   #15
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Things happen... maybe wait for a confirmation? Show up when it says to. Maybe they didnt have any in stock? Apple never said come on by we have the phone ready you just decided to show up and expect things to get done
If it was some random item, I wouldn't mind it. But I am shelling +$900 on a phone and not any phone, but a phone from what is considered a big fat company, like, cutting edge technology company (atleast, they think they are!) and I get this kind of treatment? Not sure if I wrote this but they had the model we wanted in stock! And didn't you skip over the part that their tech support told me to go there and that he said the people at the store will sort it out for me! I never decided to show up and expect things done because I was told it will get things done BY AN APPLE REP!

Anyway, this is the whole story of what pissed me off.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 07:44 PM   #16
logical
What is my purpose?

What did you expect them to do? They are floor workers like every other store has. If they dont have a confirmation they cant fill the order. Its pretty simple. The whole situation would have been avoided if you didnt decide to just show up and expect them to drop a phone in front of you. Apple has strict policies with their phones as they should cause theyre expensive.

They probably put you in the corner of shame to laugh at you for showing up without a confirmation

Old Nov 2, 2016, 07:45 PM   #17
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
What did you expect them to do? They are floor workers like every other store has. If they dont have a confirmation they cant fill the order. Its pretty simple. The whole situation would have been avoided if you didnt decide to just show up and expect them to drop a phone in front of you. Apple has strict policies with their phones as they should cause theyre expensive.

They probably put you in the corner of shame to laugh at you for showing up without a confirmation
Argh! I didn't "decide" to show up! I was "directed" to show up!!!
Old Nov 2, 2016, 07:48 PM   #18
logical
What is my purpose?

You should have known better honestly. I dont know why you regard apples customer service better than anyone else. You have a special hate for them anyway.

Old Nov 2, 2016, 08:56 PM   #19
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

MNB4800 is not at fault in this. I don't understand why you guys blames him. Apple online CS instructed him to show up to store for assistants. It's crappy service if they couldn't find out what's up with his order.

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w
0091/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2016, 09:13 PM   #20
ElBerryKM13
Radeon Evergreen

ElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Just because you had a bad experience there doesn't mean everybody else does. Apple has been much better to deal with compared to samsung/htc/lg.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 10:24 PM   #21
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBerryKM13 View Post
Just because you had a bad experience there doesn't mean everybody else does. Apple has been much better to deal with compared to samsung/htc/lg.
I understand, but what happened just ticked me off so hard.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 11:13 PM   #22
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Your iPhone 5 battery problems were created by the IOS upgrade. Same thing happened to my daughters 5S. They put a time-bomb in every phone you buy from them that renders it useless once you are 2 version behind. Run away!
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2016, 11:28 PM   #23
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
Your iPhone 5 battery problems were created by the IOS upgrade. Same thing happened to my daughters 5S. They put a time-bomb in every phone you buy from them that renders it useless once you are 2 version behind. Run away!
That wouldn't be far from the truth...
Old Nov 2, 2016, 11:29 PM   #24
GTwannabe
Radeon Evergreen

GTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I have a Mac Mini for testing Mac stuff at the office. That piece of junk sucks so damned much.

It runs hot and overheats if you push it. One of the USB ports appears to have died. It frequently stops responding to my KVM and needs a reboot or USB port swap to regain mouse/keyboard control. Also the factory HDD was horrifically slow and made the system utterly unusable. SSD upgrade was a huge PITA because EVERYTHING needs to come out and you need special tools to do it.

Recently I had to deal with a Macbook and an iPhone that were both stuck in an iCloud authentication loop. Can't authorize the Mac because it needs a security code from the iPhone. Can't authorize the iPhone because it needs to be approved on the Mac. Keychain authorization prompts constantly pop up on both devices. Attempting to sync the Mac's keychain to iCloud locks up the system.
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2016, 11:38 PM   #25
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

***** you raging these days... First Rage Quit your favorite genre now you rage quit your favorite company...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2016, 12:15 AM   #26
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird sings

so, buy a Samsung?
Old Nov 3, 2016, 03:38 AM   #27
DigitalDemon
Swordless Mimetown

DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards

Normally I would say suck it up and wait for the confirmation email, but....

I recently bought a new phone and ordered it online at bestbuy. Ordered it and selected in store pickup. The status never got past processing. Went to bestbuy and it was waiting for me. soo.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DigitalDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2016, 06:33 AM   #28
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

we also have an automated order system at our company sometimes its just slow and there is nothing to do about (it should take 1 hour but sometimes it takes 1 day in worst case scenario). Before the system processes the order they cant do ****, not even steve jobs if he came back from the grave to help you could do anything about it.

The system must process the order period

You should just have waited for confirmation and there would have been no problem

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2016, 07:29 AM   #29
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
***** you raging these days... First Rage Quit your favorite genre now you rage quit your favorite company...
Erm, I am back to that for the genre. Though Apple was never my favorite company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payne3d View Post
so, buy a Samsung?
Been Loyal to them for years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDemon View Post
Normally I would say suck it up and wait for the confirmation email, but....

I recently bought a new phone and ordered it online at bestbuy. Ordered it and selected in store pickup. The status never got past processing. Went to bestbuy and it was waiting for me. soo.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old Nov 3, 2016, 07:38 AM   #30
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

People that are willing to shell out almost 1k bucks for a mobile are .... well, let's just say they are not so common over here. I never understood the apple-hype, especially when you look at the hardware specs, not to mention the i-tunes crap. All that aside i think that in this particular case it was a mix of users fault and terrible website design.

Also, deal with it

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another definition of a hero is someone who is concerned about other people's well-being, and will go out of his or her way to help them -- even if there is no chance of a reward. That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Last edited by Silent-Runner : Nov 3, 2016 at 07:47 AM.
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote