Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Oct 24, 2016, 06:06 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
somewon
Rage3D Veteran

somewon is still being judged by the masses

Default Samsung Confirms Note 8

Samsung Galaxy S8 – and Galaxy Note 8 – were just confirmed for 2017

http://www.techradar.com/news/samsun...irmed-for-2017

Samsung has also gone on to mention that in S. Korea, they will be offering a 50% discount to previous Note 7 owners who update to the 8, and may possibly extend this offer to other regions as well.

I expect this phone to be a monster when it launches.
somewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2016, 06:08 PM   #2
ElBerryKM13
Radeon Evergreen

ElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewon View Post
Samsung Galaxy S8 – and Galaxy Note 8 – were just confirmed for 2017

http://www.techradar.com/news/samsun...irmed-for-2017

Samsung has also gone on to mention that in S. Korea, they will be offering a 50% discount to previous Note 7 owners who update to the 8, and may possibly extend this offer to other regions as well.

I expect this phone to be a monster when it launches.
I expect it to be more explosive
Old Oct 24, 2016, 06:15 PM   #3
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Flyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFlyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Bout damn time they go public with this.

They won't be using the Snapdragon SoC either. Going back in-house. Hehe.

I like having a secure device more than I like having a slightly faster one.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 24, 2016, 06:19 PM   #4
somewon
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBerryKM13 View Post
I expect it to be more explosive
Highly unlikely.

Smart bet is that it will be the most rigorously tested phone on the market, and phone of the year for 2017.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 09:43 AM   #5
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I doubt it. The brand is tarnished. He'll people are moving away from Samsung even for tvs because they question the quality now that even their washers are exploding...
Old Oct 25, 2016, 09:46 AM   #6
bittermann
I didn't do it

bittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I don't know. A 50% discount is pretty tempting. Especially for something that high end.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 10:10 AM   #7
kboye
9700PRO RIP

kboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultykboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Problem is: they can take the hit, and have done so before. Samsung is huge. The execs might have ignored the first and second battery issues. Laws may not apply in real life, thus here we go again with another Note. Nothing has changed, got to love the corporate world..
Old Oct 25, 2016, 10:27 AM   #8
somewon
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
I doubt it. The brand is tarnished. He'll people are moving away from Samsung even for tvs because they question the quality now that even their washers are exploding...
Don't think so.
Most major brands have issued recalls at some point in the past, or at least had products launched to market that were subject to recall, and yet continue to thrive.

Samsung has an extensive track record of success, and has product lines that have routinely been touted as best in class.
No way that a hurdle causes them to completely fall.

Besides, the Note brand has amongst the most loyal and ardent userbase -- arguably more enthusiastic and passionate about their devices than any other smartphone brand.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 06:00 PM   #9
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

I hope they extend that to all Note owners!

Old Note 2 owner here...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 18.12.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F24 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 18.12.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2016, 06:16 PM   #10
eNforcer
Radeon Northern Islands

eNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:

70% of Galaxy Note 7 owners will stick with Samsung
Old Oct 26, 2016, 08:06 PM   #11
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNforcer View Post
Didn't say Samsung but rather the Note brand. I bet the next device will be named Pro or something else.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old Oct 26, 2016, 11:03 PM   #12
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNapoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNapoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I find it amusing how many people are ignorant about how big and diverse samsung really is whenever I saw people commented that samsung reputation is ruined by note 7

People will still buy samsung home appliances products, people will still buy samsung tv, people will still buy samsung ssd, people will still buy video cards that use samsung RAM, amd/nvidia or someone else will still use samsung semiconductor foundry at some point, medical industry will still use samsung products, etc
Old Oct 27, 2016, 12:56 AM   #13
CyanBlues
Radeon Northern Islands

CyanBlues can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCyanBlues can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCyanBlues can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittermann View Post
I don't know. A 50% discount is pretty tempting. Especially for something that high end.
yeah agreed, if this is 50% globally I'll probably hop on it too.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 10:53 AM   #14
somewon
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
I find it amusing how many people are ignorant about how big and diverse samsung really is whenever I saw people commented that samsung reputation is ruined by note 7

People will still buy samsung home appliances products, people will still buy samsung tv, people will still buy samsung ssd, people will still buy video cards that use samsung RAM, amd/nvidia or someone else will still use samsung semiconductor foundry at some point, medical industry will still use samsung products, etc
Exactly.
This.

Also, all Note owners I know are waiting to buy the Note 8 at this point.
Anecdotal, sure, but Note owners are typically of the mindset that no other device can truly replace it, and don't care much for compromises.

Last edited by somewon : Oct 27, 2016 at 11:43 AM.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 01:42 PM   #15
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Not sure Ill wait for the Note 8 now if they have a good deal on the S8. Rumor is it will have one version of an edgeless 6.22" screen. Basically a Mi Mix without the drawbacks like the bad camera.

That would be awesome.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 18.12.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F24 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 18.12.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2016, 01:01 PM   #16
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

I miss the Note 7, but we'll see... if the Note 8 can get a 50% discount, I may be able to sell my Note 5 for more than the cost of the Note 8.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2016, 08:37 PM   #17
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Flyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFlyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Exactly.
This.

Also, all Note owners I know are waiting to buy the Note 8 at this point.
Anecdotal, sure, but Note owners are typically of the mindset that no other device can truly replace it, and don't care much for compromises.

Yep! Still rocking my Note 5. Hoping the Note 8 comes with a freaking Exynos Chipset option though. If it doesn't... im screwed on the Note line. I can't use a Qualcomm SoC. Work doesn't allow it. :-(
Old Dec 28, 2016, 12:54 PM   #18
somewon
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyordie View Post
Hoping the Note 8 comes with a freaking Exynos Chipset option though. If it doesn't... im screwed on the Note line. I can't use a Qualcomm SoC. Work doesn't allow it. :-(
Care to elaborate?
Old Dec 31, 2016, 01:10 AM   #19
Rakeesh
PC is ze master race

Rakeesh is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I hate Samsung's smartphones (seriously, touchwiz is ****) but their memory, SSDs, and semiconductor components are first rate. Their TVs are generally pretty decent as well.

My last SSD was a Samsung 840 Pro...super reliable and fast for its time; I only replaced it because I just got a 960 Pro.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 03:43 AM   #20
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Quote:
Care to elaborate?
Nut Shell- The QComm chipsets have to many security flaws in its full-drive encryption. Least thats what I was told.