Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Jul 23, 2016, 07:10 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
I depend on my phone for a lot of productivity functions. Is the email calendar and office 365 stuff working flawless on the latest beta or should I wait.
I use the stock email app for my work email, it works still. There are some new changes I'm not a huge fan of. I don't use the calendar function, but I did set a reminder once and it synced with my work email so I got it on my work pc. Don't use Office 365.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2016, 01:18 PM   #32
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
I depend on my phone for a lot of productivity functions. Is the email calendar and office 365 stuff working flawless on the latest beta or should I wait.
Seems to be working fine for me. But be warned, it IS a beta
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2016, 06:12 PM   #33
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

I it considered best to wipe a device then upgrade it to ios 10 or upgrade to ios 10 then wipe it? I've never made a major version leap on an Apple device.

I know my dad has been doing in place upgrades on his ipad 2, not the air 2, and is currently at 9.3.3. So ios 4 to ios 9 .
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 24, 2016, 06:20 PM   #34
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I've never wiped my iPhone, for any reason.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 02:41 AM   #35
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
I it considered best to wipe a device then upgrade it to ios 10 or upgrade to ios 10 then wipe it? I've never made a major version leap on an Apple device.

I know my dad has been doing in place upgrades on his ipad 2, not the air 2, and is currently at 9.3.3. So ios 4 to ios 9 .
not needed at all. I have never wiped any of my iphones when upgrading

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2016, 03:54 PM   #36
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Just like a Windows clean install is better than an upgrade, I've been wondering if the same is true for iOS devices. Clean install from iOS 9.3.3 to iOS 10 or just upgrade?
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100 with 2 x Scythe GentleTyphoon 1850 rpm fans | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2016, 05:07 PM   #37
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
Just like a Windows clean install is better than an upgrade, I've been wondering if the same is true for iOS devices. Clean install from iOS 9.3.3 to iOS 10 or just upgrade?
You can do either, whatever you prefer.

I've wiped my old iPhone 4 a couple of times back in the day. Haven't done that with the current phone but am considering options to do so once the official iOS10 release comes out.

The only problem is typically data recovery and backups and stuff like that for non-cloud synced apps.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 01:37 AM   #38
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
I have used iphones since iphone 3s and never done a clean install and had 0 problems with upgrades. So its not needed

For windows its a must. Every time I used upgrade on windows I had serious problems

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2016, 04:52 PM   #39
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I have used iphones since iphone 3s and never done a clean install and had 0 problems with upgrades. So its not needed

For windows its a must. Every time I used upgrade on windows I had serious problems
Does iOS (and maybe even macOS?) do something different compared to Windows during an upgrade? How come Apple's OS upgrades work so much better than Microsoft's?
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100 with 2 x Scythe GentleTyphoon 1850 rpm fans | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Old Jul 27, 2016, 05:07 PM   #40
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post

I've typically not had issues with upgrades on Windows personally. Even most of the beta and previews I have worked with have been fine. Given frequencies, they should both work fine, anecdotally speaking.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 02:33 PM   #41
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

New beta released.

Some fixes, some tweaks, but whatever they did, my phone feels snappier than ever. Recommend downloading if you're testing out still.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 04:18 PM   #42
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

How do i get this on my iPhone 6S? I'm an apple noob
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2016, 11:28 AM   #43
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
How do i get this on my iPhone 6S? I'm an apple noob
You need to get the correct profile added, and then you'll be able to update your phone:

https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

Note that while the latest beta is pretty snappy, it still has those weird pauses/stops in animations, applications, etc.

It feels like you have entered an input and the phone has decided to go out for a coffee rather than act on the stack of inputs/etc.

But it is far less prevalent than before. Regardless, the smoothness of my phone is back to normal. Battery life seems a bit worse, SOT is closer to 6-7 hrs rather than the closer to 7-8 I was getting before. Still, it's only one day
Old Aug 9, 2016, 04:03 PM   #44
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

New beta is out.

Go get it if you're in the program and want to check it out.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 10:58 AM   #45
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Public Beta 5 and Dev Beta 6 are out.

Every beta makes the phone more stable and much faster. I think this is possibly the fastest my phone has been since I got it.

Can't wait for the official release
Old Aug 16, 2016, 12:39 PM   #46
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
Public Beta 5 and Dev Beta 6 are out.

Every beta makes the phone more stable and much faster. I think this is possibly the fastest my phone has been since I got it.

Can't wait for the official release
Are you upgrading with every new beta release or clean installing? Also, when you first installed iOS 10 beta, did you upgrade from iOS 9 or clean install?
Old Aug 16, 2016, 12:48 PM   #47
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Are you upgrading with every new beta release or clean installing? Also, when you first installed iOS 10 beta, did you upgrade from iOS 9 or clean install?
There's no reason to clean install.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 01:58 PM   #48
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
I went from iOS 9.x.x to the beta program for 9.x.x, to iOS 10.x.x beta. No clean install to this point but I usually do a force reboot once the installation is installed.

So far, this and the previous beta have both made the phone super snappy again
Old Aug 21, 2016, 10:22 PM   #49
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Sitting at 16% with 29hr 41mins of standby, 7hr 33min of usage. The most recent beta is fantastic.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 02:54 PM   #50
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Sitting at 16% with 29hr 41mins of standby, 7hr 33min of usage. The most recent beta is fantastic.
Yep, stable for me and quite fast. Almost all apps work without issues.

Some apps/games have a weird standby thing where they are supposedly in standby, but take forever to recover. Didn't have that problem in prior beta's so submitted feedback.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 12:32 PM   #51
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Public beta 6 is out.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 01:57 PM   #52
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Still no invites to the supposed Sept 7th event...
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2016, 04:31 PM   #53
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
Still no invites to the supposed Sept 7th event...
I dont think it matters. Apple could announce an event tonight for tomorrow morning and news outlets would show up.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2016, 10:08 PM   #54
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Beta 7 just pushed, I'm guessing to fix that one security issue that came out this week.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 04:23 PM   #55
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Beta 7 just pushed, I'm guessing to fix that one security issue that came out this week.
Is it just me or has this latest beta not been as smooth as the previous couple?

It's still a heck of a lot better than the first 2-3. Just feels a little off.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 08:39 AM   #56
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
Is it just me or has this latest beta not been as smooth as the previous couple?

It's still a heck of a lot better than the first 2-3. Just feels a little off.
I'm not honestly sure, I've been too busy moving the last 5 days to use my phone I have noticed a bit of a hit on battery life.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 03:01 PM   #57
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

GM is out, almost 2GB Enjoy.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 03:04 PM   #58
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Downloading now.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 01:24 PM   #59
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Feels decent enough so far. It feels marginally slower than before, but Siri is slightly more useful in understanding context and instructions now. She doesn't sound like doofus in a tux as much.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 11:56 PM   #60
vitocorleone
Radeon Arctic Islands

vitocorleone is still being judged by the masses

Installed beta. Meh. I don't use much Apple software so really hardly notice much is different.