Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Oct 5, 2016, 06:48 PM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2016, 07:10 PM   #122
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Damnnnn

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2016, 08:17 PM   #123
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Holy crap. That's nuts!
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 5, 2016, 09:48 PM   #124
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Samsung is going to end up on the no fly list permanently
Old Oct 6, 2016, 06:44 AM   #125
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

There were several curiosities in the Verge's article, that conflicted with the local news report. (notably, the verse said it scorched the floor of the plane after burning through the carpet, and that the owner had already replaced the phone with an iPhone 7... which...when did he have time to do that?)

local news said carpet was just singed. I'm waiting to see if it really was a replacement unit or not.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2016, 02:32 PM   #126
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Old Oct 6, 2016, 05:33 PM   #127
somewon
Rage3D Veteran

somewon is still being judged by the masses

It's not limited to Note 7's, Apple isn't immune to exploding phones/batteries either.

http://bgr.com/2016/10/04/iphone-6s-...xplosion-fire/

The iPhone isn’t spared either. In a matter of days, we saw an iPhone 7 explode, an iPhone 7 Plus’s battery bulge up without causing a fire, and an iPhone 6 Plus going up in flames during class. Now, it’s an iPhone 6s that has exploded.

Last edited by somewon : Oct 6, 2016 at 05:54 PM.
somewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2016, 09:01 PM   #128
Bitey
Radeon Northern Islands

Bitey is still being judged by the masses

May well be a battery supplier issue. There was that big outbreak years ago that had different brand laptops burning up.

But the "fixed" note burning up is a worry. I was hoping that i could get a nice cheap note because of the negative pr... Now I just don't trust them enough to get one at even if its discounted.
Bitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2016, 11:39 PM   #129
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Old Oct 8, 2016, 10:50 AM   #130
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Got my note 7.
(One of the new ones)

Really really like this device. Haven't had it long, but so many features I already love.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.

Quote:
Old Oct 8, 2016, 01:48 PM   #131
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

ouch

Quote:
Latest Report Suggests AT&T Considers Stopping Galaxy Note 7 Sales

http://wccftech.com/latest-report-su...-note-7-sales/
Old Oct 8, 2016, 02:09 PM   #132
A2597
A Peculiar Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
So stupid.

Quote:
Old Oct 9, 2016, 10:46 PM   #133
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post
So stupid.
well it is continuing then

Quote:
<H2>Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 nightmare keeps getting worse.
Quote:

On Sunday, two major carriers -- AT&T and T-Mobile -- said they would stop offering replacement Note 7s. The announcements hit Samsung stock, which dropped as much as 4.6% in Seoul on Monday.
</H2>http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/09/tech...e-7/index.html

http://gizmodo.com/mans-replacement-...-ac-1787588341

Quote:
Samsung suspends Galaxy Note 7 production: Yonhap

http://www.todayonline.com/tech/sams...duction-yonhap

Last edited by bill dennison : Oct 9, 2016 at 10:52 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 07:00 AM   #134
A2597
A Peculiar Person

yea. When it was one phone, overraction.

Now that there's been a few more... *sigh*

sad thing is, the Note 7 is peerless in the current market, I really don't know what to switch to. I've taken to really liking having the Stylus, which points me towards the Note 5, but I also really like the curved edge, water resistance, and SD card, which points towards the S7 Edge.

The note 7 was really my "Have my cake and eat it too" phone. Now I have to decide which I want. The note 7 is pretty much dead now.

Quote:
Old Oct 10, 2016, 08:31 AM   #135
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Samsung has completely halted production.

This is a disaster.

Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2016, 09:32 AM   #136
A2597
A Peculiar Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
Samsung has completely halted production.

This is a disaster.

Well, first world problem disaster....
Lets put it in perspective...while we're worried about 0.01% of a certain line of phone blowing up, Hurricane Matthew killed over 1,000 people in Haiti, and they will most likely have another Cholera outbreak that will claim many more.

#KeepingItReal

Quote:
Old Oct 10, 2016, 11:53 AM   #137
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Got my note 7....so many features I already love.
Like what?
Old Oct 10, 2016, 03:21 PM   #138
A2597
A Peculiar Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Like what?
Built in Stylus that's always with me.
Always on display
THE DISPLAY!(It's amazing, even in direct sunlight, hands down best I've seen)
Curved edges (and useful edge features like the night clock)
Water resistance
The stylus is baked into the OS, notes, handwriting, screen off memo, super useful.
based in blue light filter (this should be standard in all phones now!)
the camera is amazing, and its many modes!
Iris scanner works surprisingly well, will be useful in winter when I have gloves on.

That's off the top of my head, after 3 days of use. I'm still learning this phone, but ugh...I don't want to have to trade it in. The Note 5 loses a few features, curved edge, always on display, camera and water resistance being the big ones...

oh, and the moment when my apple immersed friend looked at my phone, and said "When is Apple going to start having some of these features?"

Quote:
Old Oct 10, 2016, 03:53 PM   #139
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Built in Stylus that's always with me.
Always on display
THE DISPLAY!(It's amazing, even in direct sunlight, hands down best I've seen)
Curved edges (and useful edge features like the night clock)
Water resistance
The stylus is baked into the OS, notes, handwriting, screen off memo, super useful.
based in blue light filter (this should be standard in all phones now!)
the camera is amazing, and its many modes!
Iris scanner works surprisingly well, will be useful in winter when I have gloves on.

That's off the top of my head, after 3 days of use. I'm still learning this phone, but ugh...I don't want to have to trade it in. The Note 5 loses a few features, curved edge, always on display, camera and water resistance being the big ones...

oh, and the moment when my apple immersed friend looked at my phone, and said "When is Apple going to start having some of these features?"
I wanted the note 7 and don't know why the apple pencil doesn't work in the 7+
but it was the drop test and the glass back that killed it for me not the battery carp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1ZD4oZkjYY
Old Oct 10, 2016, 08:11 PM   #140
A2597
A Peculiar Person

Note 7 officially recalled - all original AND replacement units.

...well shoot fire...Guess I now have to decide if I'm getting the S7 Edge or the Note 5...

Quote:
Old Oct 10, 2016, 11:33 PM   #141
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English Channel

Go the 7 edge. Mine is fine, but i did notice it getting hot to the touch using fast charging so I disabled it, charges fast enough on regular charging, no problems.
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2016, 07:40 AM   #142
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

+1 on S7 Edge. I only use quick charge when I need to, otherwise it's disabled on my cable and wireless charging. Batteries don't like being charged super fast anyway.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2016, 08:03 AM   #143
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Oh, and it's officially dead forever now Not just halted temporarily:

https://www.cnet.com/news/samsung-en...ing-shut-down/

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2016, 09:21 AM   #144
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I wonder if they are going to try and push the Note 8 out faster because of this. I am sure they are going to lose billions on this especially with the holiday season right around the corner.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2016, 09:33 AM   #145
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Solidifies my position that I will never buy Samsung products again.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2016, 10:01 AM   #146
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Solidifies my position that I will never buy Samsung products again.
Don't see why. They handled this 100% correctly.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2016, 10:08 AM   #147
bittermann
I didn't do it

bittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
It's one model in the Note line. They will survive. The Galaxy S5-6-7's have been some of the best phones year in and year out.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 10:13 AM   #148
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittermann View Post
It's one model in the Note line. They will survive. The Galaxy S5-6-7's have been some of the best phones year in and year out.
Google needs to get the Pixel out asap. Free sales.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2016, 10:39 AM   #149
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Samsung products have never treated me well. The fact that they pushed out such a flawed phone doesn't help my impression of them.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2016, 10:51 AM   #150
somewon
Rage3D Veteran

somewon is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
Google needs to get the Pixel out asap. Free sales.
No SD Card (huge miss for me, I have a 256GB SD Evo+ that I much prefer to hold my files over a cloud)
No OIS
No waterproofing
No stylus
Lower Res screen (inferior quality at that)
Too much bezel
No HD Calling, No Wi-Fi calling
I could go on and on about other little nuances, but it's too much to ask of a Note user to give up on to switch out for any other device, especially one thats so lacking
somewon is offline   Reply With Quote