Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Mar 24, 2016, 08:26 PM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

My new Edge comes tomorrow, I've checked 12 in stores and all had the raised/proper home buttons, not the jammed flush one like I have. Here's hoping.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2016, 08:29 PM   #152
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Flyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFlyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

This is why my battery life is a wee bit better than most. Allows for just 1 A57 core and 1 A53 core to remain on instead of just idling them out when not used. So, I get more percentage time of processors remaining in "Deep Sleep".
Old Mar 25, 2016, 01:09 PM   #153
somewon
Rage3D Veteran

somewon is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Regarding internal storage, you can move/install apps to the SD. Don't install large multi-GB games to the internal memory and there shouldn't be an issue. I'm a pretty big data hoarder, works fine for me.
True, but not in their entirety - so there will be varying degrees of storage space consumed across device/sd card depending on the app.

Quote:
I doubt IR will return with the Note line.
That would be a shame.
somewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 25, 2016, 09:05 PM   #154
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Got my replacement, home button is solid now. Still have the Sony sensor as well, so that's another plus. Color temperature is a little different and warmer than my first one but only noticeable when they're side by side.

Put the screen protector on and it won't stick on the corners. God I hate these things, how hard is it to make a ****ing screen protector.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 02:31 AM   #155
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

It's geometry, can't really be helped. I hear wet application skins work somewhat better.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2016, 03:58 AM   #156
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
Got my replacement, home button is solid now. Still have the Sony sensor as well, so that's another plus. Color temperature is a little different and warmer than my first one but only noticeable when they're side by side.

Put the screen protector on and it won't stick on the corners. God I hate these things, how hard is it to make a ****ing screen protector.
Yup exact same problem here. The gaps will no doubt gather dust and leave more air bubbles.

Oh and Zero, sorry about the late reply. About the speaker placement, it's nearly impossible to not muffle the speakers while playing a game in landscape mode. There are ways to cup your hands and still be able to play games in landscape with the 5S, 6, and 6 Plus, but there seems to be a problem where I can't seem to game comfortably on the thing. Not a major problem for me cause I hardly game on mobile, but still a minor issue for my medium-sized hands.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2016, 08:58 AM   #157
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
It's geometry, can't really be helped. I hear wet application skins work somewhat better.
First one was fine, just covers too much of the screen and that's why the case lifted it up. This one lifts while it's not in a case, I think it's just a shitty protector.

Some other things I notice about my replacement: little to no drain overnight, I went to bed at 61% and woke up at 60%. Also, on my old one, Facebook and some other sites would take forever to start loading unless I tapped Go again. This one doesn't stall at all in browsing, no clue what would have caused that.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 01:38 AM   #158
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
First one was fine, just covers too much of the screen and that's why the case lifted it up. This one lifts while it's not in a case, I think it's just a shitty protector.

Some other things I notice about my replacement: little to no drain overnight, I went to bed at 61% and woke up at 60%. Also, on my old one, Facebook and some other sites would take forever to start loading unless I tapped Go again. This one doesn't stall at all in browsing, no clue what would have caused that.
There was a firmware upgrade, fairly significant one, that was installed on my phone just a few days ago. That might make a difference.
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2016, 08:25 AM   #159
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke View Post
There was a firmware upgrade, fairly significant one, that was installed on my phone just a few days ago. That might make a difference.
I thought so too at first, but both of mine are running the same firmware. First one still stalls when browsing the Web, haven't really taken notice on idle drain with it.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 07:27 PM   #160
Spyhawk
Radeon Evergreen

Spyhawk is still being judged by the masses

Has anyone upgraded from a Note 5 to this and was it worth it ?
Spyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2016, 07:42 PM   #161
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyhawk View Post
Has anyone upgraded from a Note 5 to this and was it worth it ?
I definitely miss the the S-Pen but given all the S7e's improvements, I can't say I regret the switch. The camera and better battery life alone would seal the deal.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Mar 27, 2016, 08:58 PM   #162
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:

You're actually pretty lucky. Mine loses 3-4% overnight in airplane mode.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2016, 03:34 PM   #163
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100 with 2 x Scythe GentleTyphoon 1850 rpm fans | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2016, 12:10 AM   #164
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ArmorSuit matte screen protector:

Simple to put on, never used a wet installation before. Edge stick fine after using a hairdryer, but I have a feeling because it fits so perfectly that the cases will **** it up again. They do make a case friendly version, and I should have gotten the glossy version because I already hate how the matte makes the screen look. Still have one more coming so if I hate this one I'll try that.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 01:21 AM   #165
Zero
Sass hole

Lemme know how that works with your Neo hybrid.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Mar 29, 2016, 08:51 AM   #166
ice
Rage3D Spammer

So far so good in my luvvitt case, will have to test the Spigen when I get home. Can't stand this matte **** though, everything is blurry when you zoom out. The fingerprint and glare resistance is nice though.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 10:26 AM   #167
ice
Rage3D Spammer

These cases look nice:

http://www.cover-up.com/collections/...galaxy-s7-edge

Also just hit 50 hours overall with 5 hours of screen time. If I actually used my phone more the screentime would be higher, but I don't know how people get 7-8 hours of screen time simply because I can't use the phone enough.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.

Last edited by ice : Mar 29, 2016 at 10:45 AM.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 02:09 PM   #168
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Just an update, the ArmorSuit definitely works with the Spigen NeoHybrid. I don't really like the case after waiting so long to use it though, the plastic bumper on the outside has gaps all over the place and I can feel and see it moving when I hold it. I've seen this mentioned in reviews too.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 07:34 AM   #169
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Flyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFlyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I just don't understand why you use a screen protector... (sarcasm sorta)

I haven't had a screen protector on my Note 5 since day 1. I just don't put my phone in places with sand and leave my phone in the Jeep when I am out working the fields. lol. (I have a VHF/UHF radio with me when I am at work.... so don't need the phone)
Old Apr 4, 2016, 08:21 AM   #170
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Because it's an $800 phone and I think it's dumb not to protect it as much as possible, no offense. Gorilla glass 4 isn't as scratch resistant as the previous generation.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 08:31 AM   #171
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

This phone is awesome but has some serious software issues. Two that are really questioning me using this device for the long term are.

1) Fast charge stops working and device needs to be rebooted for it to work again.

2) Device decides to not charge off wireless charger at all. Woke up a few times to find my handset in the 30s after sitting on the wireless charger all night. Yes it even reported it was sitting and charging correct.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old Apr 4, 2016, 12:10 PM   #172
Zero
Sass hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyordie View Post
I just don't understand why you use a screen protector... (sarcasm sorta)

I haven't had a screen protector on my Note 5 since day 1. I just don't put my phone in places with sand and leave my phone in the Jeep when I am out working the fields. lol. (I have a VHF/UHF radio with me when I am at work.... so don't need the phone)
TIL sand conveniently restricts itself to the beach.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Apr 4, 2016, 12:12 PM   #173
Zero
Sass hole

Quote:
Just an update, the ArmorSuit definitely works with the Spigen NeoHybrid. I don't really like the case after waiting so long to use it though, the plastic bumper on the outside has gaps all over the place and I can feel and see it moving when I hold it. I've seen this mentioned in reviews too.
Yeah the case definitely has some edge gaps but mine doesn't flex while in use. Yours sounds kinda loose, maybe RMA?

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Apr 4, 2016, 12:28 PM   #174
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Yeah the case definitely has some edge gaps but mine doesn't flex while in use. Yours sounds kinda loose, maybe RMA?
Meh, not really worth it. I ordered one of those wood cases from my link above to try out.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 05:28 PM   #175
barleystout
Radeon R700

barleystout once held a door open for a complete strangerbarleystout once held a door open for a complete strangerbarleystout once held a door open for a complete strangerbarleystout once held a door open for a complete stranger

Went from using the Otterbox Defender case to the Symmetry plus Alpha Glass this week. Liking it so far. The side pockets on the Duluth Trading Carpenter Flexhose pants are a perfect fit for this phone and case combo. Since I wear those 99.5% of the time, I don't have to have to dedicate a regular pocket for the phone.

I did misalign the Alpha Glass by about 1mm to low. I was going to leave it as is, but my OCD is getting the better of me. I'll attempt to fix it soon. If there were no black edges with button windows on the glass, I wouldn't even worry about it.
barleystout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2016, 09:40 PM   #176
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Best battery life so far. I played about 6-7 full games of baseball all day, and it's a very intensive game so I'm sure it was stressing things pretty badly.

What I'm really impressed with is how little battery it uses to watch videos. I started watching a 35 minutes YouTube video in 1080p with 5% left and made it almost all the way through before it dropped down to 2%.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 10:21 PM   #177
Dr. Zhivago
Sound: Serious Business

Dr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwards

Anybody in this thread successfully using Strava on their S7 with Power Saving Mode enabled?

Bedroom PC - Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 - AMD 1100T @3.7/4GHz - H50 - 8GB DDR3-1600 - HD 7870 OC - Samsung 840 250GB - WD 640GB Blue - Xonar DX - LG BDROM - Logitech 6110 - TT Volos - Antec 900 - CM 500W PSU - Samsung 32" HDTV - Onkyo TX-SR606 - BIC L/R & MTX Surround Speakers - Mission C70 Center - Sony 10" Sub - Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

HTPC - Gigabyte GA-890GPA~UD3H - AthlonII X4 630 - HD6450 - 8GB DDR3-1333 - WD 500GB Black - WD 640GB Green - WD 2TB Green - LG BDROM - Ceton InfiniTV 4 w/ MCE Remote - Logitech MX5000 Laser Desktop - Corsair 450W - Silverstone LC10B-E - Sharp Aquos 46" HDTV - Onkyo TX-SR606 - PE 15" Sub - Classic Mission Speakers - Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Office PC - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H - Intel 3570K - 16GB DDR3-1866 - HD 7950 FLEX - Samsung 840 250GB - WD 500GB Blue - WD 1TB Black - Xonar DX - Corsair 600W PSU - Antec ON1E - Logitech G5 - Logitech USB Media KB - AOC 23" LCD - Creative Inspire 2.1 - Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

5x Presentation Machines - Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 - FX-8350 w/ FX WC - 8GB DDR3-1600 - 5870 or 7870 Eyefinity 6 - 2x Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - WD 500GB Black - DVDRW - Cooler Master Sileo 500 - 600W PSU - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit - Office 2010 Pro
Dr. Zhivago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2016, 07:31 AM   #178
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Best battery life so far. I played about 6-7 full games of baseball all day, and it's a very intensive game so I'm sure it was stressing things pretty badly.

What I'm really impressed with is how little battery it uses to watch videos. I started watching a 35 minutes YouTube video in 1080p with 5% left and made it almost all the way through before it dropped down to 2%.
That's pretty respectable. If my Note 5 had that kind of battery life, I'd still have it.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2016, 06:21 PM   #179
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Very minimalistic around the edges, but looks good and smells good. I like it.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.

Last edited by ice : Apr 11, 2016 at 06:26 PM.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 07:56 PM   #180
Zero
Sass hole

Fit better than the Neo Hybrid?

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"