Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Mar 17, 2016, 07:41 PM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Yeah I'm having a hard time with a Spigen case too. Frigging sucks.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2016, 10:05 PM   #122
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
That's the one I have, if I remember, the Sony has a little bit of a cooler temp.

I'm reading up on the home button thing and the S6 users as well as Note users reported the same "problem". Though if this is how bad they had it, I could see a return being warranted:

Was yours anywhere near this bad Chuck? I have to hold it up to my eye to see the slight bit of play and the sound I hear if I lightly tap the button is nowhere near as loud as this video. More like a slight click.
Nah, mine wasn't this bad. This seems like a loose button to me.

The button of my older unit felt like the rubber padding was somehow misaligned and deteriorated (if that makes any sense). Felt real rough to press on the center too unlike the new one I got.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2016, 10:07 PM   #123
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Mine feels fine to click, just still second guessing whether I should keep or not. In my head I think it's a ridiculous reason, but I've always been this way with stuff.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 18, 2016, 01:44 AM   #124
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Mine feels fine to click, just still second guessing whether I should keep or not. In my head I think it's a ridiculous reason, but I've always been this way with stuff.
Well it depends how much it annoys you really. Besides, there's always a chance the replacement will be even more flawed. I say go for it only if you can choose between either one. Some retailers are asinine like you MUST keep the new unit.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 02:20 AM   #125
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Flyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFlyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

My Note 5 doesn't click like that at all. Quiet as a mouse. Can't even hear it in a dead silent room. Maybe they re-designed the button to add the IP67/68 cert?
Old Mar 18, 2016, 05:01 AM   #126
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyordie View Post
My Note 5 doesn't click like that at all. Quiet as a mouse. Can't even hear it in a dead silent room. Maybe they re-designed the button to add the IP67/68 cert?
Think it's most probably home buttons from different suppliers? 2 of the 6 demo units I played with had the same problems. Clicky (and not in a good way like a mouse... more of a rough feel), mushy, must press dead center for it to respond, etc..

My replacement unit (another retail unit mind) is dead silent as well.

In fact, it's so good it feels like a deeper iPhone home button Apple used to use before the Touch ID one which has the annoying click depending where you press it.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 02:15 PM   #127
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Went to exchange mine because of the home button and found out that every single demo unit was fine, and each one had a home button that was raised up from the screen. Mine is almost flush. Problem is no stores have any in Stock

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 02:21 PM   #128
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Went to exchange mine because of the home button and found out that every single demo unit was fine, and each one had a home button that was raised up from the screen. Mine is almost flush. Problem is no stores have any in Stock
Are they shipping you a replacement?
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2016, 05:59 PM   #129
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
Are they shipping you a replacement?
I'm checking tomorrow because they're getting a shipment in (but don't know what it contains). Otherwise I have to have them order me one and pay full price until they get the old back, then they'll credit me.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 11:03 PM   #130
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Anyone try Condensed DPI scaling? Looks much better than default IMO.

http://www.xda-developers.com/there-...the-galaxy-s7/

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2016, 02:49 AM   #131
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Anyone try Condensed DPI scaling? Looks much better than default IMO.

http://www.xda-developers.com/there-...the-galaxy-s7/
Thanks that was extremely helpful. Always thought everything was way too big and now the UI doesn't meant like it was meant for grannies and kids.

What I did notice though is how the UI seems to chug and lag a bit while condensed mode on. Maybe that's the reason why Samsung didn't enable the feature?

edit: Never mind, running perfectly now.

Last edited by Chuck : Mar 21, 2016 at 03:14 AM.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 09:41 AM   #132
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

I've yet to see my S7E lag with anything after enabling condensed mode.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Mar 21, 2016, 11:04 AM   #133
Zero
Sass hole

Pretty happy with battery life so far. On Canadian Exynos variant.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Mar 21, 2016, 11:21 AM   #134
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

That's not too shabby at all, almost at iphone 6s+ level.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 11:54 AM   #135
Zero
Sass hole

Yup, I disabled a lot of the always-on features though.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Mar 21, 2016, 11:57 AM   #136
ice
Rage3D Spammer

I turned off the AOD display. It was nice as first, but then the shifting it did all the time kept catching my eye and it was annoying. Not to mention there is a lot more than the .5%/hr drain going on.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 02:06 PM   #137
Zero
Sass hole

In case anyone is curious how Exynos S7E stacks up with S820 S7E:

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Mar 21, 2016, 02:38 PM   #138
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Interesting. Exynos usually gets higher than the 820 in that test. I pulled 133k with mine.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 09:20 PM   #139
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Well, Verizon is shipping me a new one. No stores got any more in stock.

****ers.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 04:00 PM   #140
Spyhawk
Radeon Evergreen

Spyhawk is still being judged by the masses

Consumer Reports has stated that the SGS7 is the best phone they ever tested.
http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/22/tech...-s7/index.html
Spyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2016, 05:08 PM   #141
Zero
Sass hole

I can't think of anything that could be improved with this phone except bottom jack placement and price

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Mar 23, 2016, 09:18 PM   #142
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Quote:
I can't think of anything that could be improved with this phone except bottom jack placement and price
Having owned the GS7 Edge for more than a week there is certainly room for improvement. Lack of USB Type-C, Edge screen discolorations (though barely noticeable with my replacement unit), and unfortunate speaker placement thanks to the smaller size compared to other 5.5" smartphones. Everything else is perfect.

Oh, and unrelated with your post, but did anyone notice how every screen protectors peels off in the corners almost instantly once you put on a case?
Old Mar 23, 2016, 10:01 PM   #143
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Having owned the GS7 Edge for more than a week there is certainly room for improvement. Lack of USB Type-C, Edge screen discolorations (though barely noticeable with my replacement unit), and unfortunate speaker placement thanks to the smaller size compared to other 5.5" smartphones. Everything else is perfect.

Oh, and unrelated with your post, but did anyone notice how every screen protectors peels off in the corners almost instantly once you put on a case?
You don't use tempered glass screen protectors?

Seriously, why would you use plastic
Old Mar 23, 2016, 10:11 PM   #144
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:

They don't make a decent one for the S7 Edge, and I've never had the need for one. Plastic is fine.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 10:23 PM   #145
Zero
Sass hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
My unit doesn't have edge discoloration and I think usb-c still needs to have some kinks worked out. I do think having usb 3.0 could be an improvement but overall these are pretty minor nitpicks as far as daily usage is concerned.

What's wrong with the speaker placement?

Quote:
Quote:

If they're anything like the S6e tempered glass protectors, you end up with touch sensitivity issues and edges that don't stick properly. Zagg acknowledged these issues and won't even be releasing their tempered glass protector til Q3 apparently.

To answer your question chuck, most edge skins seem to peel off in contact with a case. I'm still waiting on reviews to determine who makes the best protector. Likely going to have to wait til spigen releases an official protector that works with their Neo Hybrid case myself.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"

Last edited by Zero : Mar 23, 2016 at 11:16 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 10:31 PM   #146
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Old Mar 23, 2016, 10:38 PM   #147
ice
Rage3D Spammer

I usually use Spigen protectors but their current one is ****. My Luvvitt case is the only one that doesn't mess with the edges of my screen protector so far, haven't been able to use my Neo Hybrid yet.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 05:26 PM   #148
somewon
Rage3D Veteran

somewon is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
While I agree it's the best phone out there, I still wish it featured:

1. Larger internal storage options
- 32GB is NOT enough, even though I have a 200GB SD card, with the OS taking up 8GB off the bat, apps getting larger and larger, lack of unified memory/adoptable storage features, inability to move all apps/corresponding data to SD, etc., ...ughhh, there should have been at least a 64GB option if not 128GB

2. IR-blaster
- I use this all the time on my Note 4, and it will be sorely missed

3. Stereo Speakers
- Why not?

4. Dual Radios for Sprint to enable simultaneous voice/data
- Inability to do simultaneous voice/data, yes, I know it's a Network limitation mostly, but having a secondary radio chip inside would circumvent this limitation as other phones in the past have leveraged this technique

I wonder if the Note 6 will address any of the above, and if it's worth waiting an additional 4-5 months...

Last edited by somewon : Mar 24, 2016 at 05:32 PM.
somewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2016, 07:27 PM   #149
Zero
Sass hole

Regarding internal storage, you can move/install apps to the SD. Don't install large multi-GB games to the internal memory and there shouldn't be an issue. I'm a pretty big data hoarder, works fine for me.

I doubt IR will return with the Note line.

Hit 48 hrs of on time with 6 hrs screen time today. Very impressed.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Mar 24, 2016, 08:24 PM   #150
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I got the tmobile variant in black and gold and the exynos global in silver. Seeing better batt life with the exynos. Even though I disabled most of the bloat on the tmobile black that I am carrying around as well. The lack of dual sim support on the us version is a bummer.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote