Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Feb 29, 2016, 09:05 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

No IR.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2016, 10:08 AM   #32
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

well, my wife has the (Samsung) s6 and one thing i noticed was the quality of the camera. I was really surprised. Not a big fan of the edge though. Galaxy S7 looks very promising. 800 bucks for the 32GB-version though .... ouch

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another definition of a hero is someone who is concerned about other people's well-being, and will go out of his or her way to help them -- even if there is no chance of a reward. That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2016, 10:24 AM   #33
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
No IR.
I must say, I thought I'd use that a whole bunch more than I did. The interface was always too clunky for me, though it did work well in a pinch or to mess with people. Once I got a TiVo and could control that from their app I stopped having to get the IR blaster setup perfectly.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 29, 2016, 02:19 PM   #34
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Since it's all out now. I've been running with the s7 edge for a while now and it's a nice device. For note users if you can live without the pen yes this is an upgrade even from a note 5. The battery bump is nice and the in hand feel is a nice improvement in terms of one hand usage. The camera is noticeably better than my note 5 was anytime it's indoors/low light

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2016, 03:06 PM   #35
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

How are you liking the S820?
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2016, 03:20 PM   #36
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
Since it's all out now. I've been running with the s7 edge for a while now and it's a nice device. For note users if you can live without the pen yes this is an upgrade even from a note 5. The battery bump is nice and the in hand feel is a nice improvement in terms of one hand usage. The camera is noticeably better than my note 5 was anytime it's indoors/low light
What kind of battery life are you getting?

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 04:00 PM   #37
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBerryKM13 View Post
By destroying you mean like slightly better images? Also lets wait until a more reputable reviewer takes pictures with these new phones. Most of them have different focus points.

Also this picture is NOT representative of what the iphone 6s front camera is capable of
So I see the S7 is going to be a girl's biggest nightmare.

Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2016, 04:30 PM   #38
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Concerning the pictures the 6s Plus has OIS while the 6s does not. The Plus does better in texture.

http://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles/Apple...ra-tested-ever

Samsung S6 Edge took better photos than the iPhone 6s so I don't understand the point of the photos as I would hope the S7 would be better.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2016, 05:55 PM   #39
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
What kind of battery life are you getting?
On my heavy days I'll end the day @ 20-25% Screen on time is on the 5hr markish. It's better than the note 5 but the extra 20% or so batt isn't mind blowing but some what mildy reassuring that you can make it to the end of the day. For people who aren't on their phone as much then it's a day and half phone for you. Performance wise day to day compared to the s6 edge plus and note 5 it's not noticeably improved. The biggest improvement would be in the hand feel and the camera is just stupid good at low light. it's not as wide as the n5 or s6 edge plus and that helps a lot. It also feels lighter in the hand than you would expect. Ram management a bit better, maybe 2-3 extra open apps on the background before it starts closing them. I noticed I could have about 8-9 or so open with no reloading, but if you throw a game into it. That number will drop by about 2

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2016, 08:48 AM   #40
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
On my heavy days I'll end the day @ 20-25% Screen on time is on the 5hr markish. It's better than the note 5 but the extra 20% or so batt isn't mind blowing but some what mildy reassuring that you can make it to the end of the day. For people who aren't on their phone as much then it's a day and half phone for you. Performance wise day to day compared to the s6 edge plus and note 5 it's not noticeably improved. The biggest improvement would be in the hand feel and the camera is just stupid good at low light. it's not as wide as the n5 or s6 edge plus and that helps a lot. It also feels lighter in the hand than you would expect. Ram management a bit better, maybe 2-3 extra open apps on the background before it starts closing them. I noticed I could have about 8-9 or so open with no reloading, but if you throw a game into it. That number will drop by about 2
That's pretty damn good this early into owning it, I think the best my S5 has gotten was a little over 6hrs of screen time, 1d5h off charger and I had 2% left. I typically go home with 50-70% battery left, this thing will last me 2 days most likely.

Here another camera video. The focus is crazy fast and the low light is great.

Also, iPhones only record in mono? What the ****?

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 06:27 PM   #41
somewon
Rage3D Veteran

somewon is still being judged by the masses

The S7 Edge is a definite buy for me.
somewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2016, 10:24 PM   #42
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Heard Touchwiz uses more than 15GB of storage this time around. Is this true?

Edit: hmm so apparently it's 8GB? Why are people bitching about it when iOS uses nearly the same amount of storage out of the box?
Old Mar 2, 2016, 12:02 AM   #43
SoCalMX70
Radeon R700

SoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post

Edit: hmm so apparently it's 8GB? Why are people bitching about it when iOS uses nearly the same amount of storage out of the box?
Because fanboys will be fanboys....
Old Mar 2, 2016, 07:46 PM   #44
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post

Source? How do you separate TW from the rest of Android?

Edit: just like I thought, it's Android including TW that takes up 8GB. Yes, it's a big chunk of the internal memory if you've got the base model. But according to these guys, you can move apps to the SD card.

http://www.droid-life.com/2016/03/01...stall-apps-sd/

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"

Last edited by Zero : Mar 2, 2016 at 07:59 PM.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 11:06 AM   #45
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Another focus comparison between S7 and Sony Z5:

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 11:44 AM   #46
Zero
Sass hole

^niiice. Would love to see some macro samples

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Mar 3, 2016, 12:10 PM   #47
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Xperia z3+ at least has terrible macro photo support, tis a shame because i love Macro shots.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2016, 07:20 PM   #48
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Really liking my new S7 Edge.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old Mar 3, 2016, 07:53 PM   #49
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Flyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFlyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Magus, what chipset does yours have? Qualcomm?

Last edited by Flyordie : Mar 3, 2016 at 07:59 PM.
Flyordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2016, 08:57 PM   #50
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Yup

Old Mar 3, 2016, 09:05 PM   #51
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

Top ranks.

Old Mar 3, 2016, 09:37 PM   #52
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

That's pretty solid. Right up there with the A9 procs.

Day to day us it pretty good overall now you've used it a while?

And what launcher are you using?
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2016, 09:48 PM   #53
Rummy
Radeon R700

Rummy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRummy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Really liking my new S7 Edge.

Just used Jump!! and ordered the titanium 7 edge. should go out tomorrow. Can't wait.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 09:50 PM   #54
ice
Rage3D Spammer

I hate everyone with T-Mobile

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 10:13 PM   #55
Rummy
Radeon R700

Rummy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRummy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
I hate everyone with T-Mobile
I have a line I'm not using
Old Mar 3, 2016, 10:13 PM   #56
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
That's pretty solid. Right up there with the A9 procs.

Day to day us it pretty good overall now you've used it a while?

And what launcher are you using?
Yup it's awesome. Stock for now since it feels fast as hell.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 01:47 AM   #57
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Source? How do you separate TW from the rest of Android?

Edit: just like I thought, it's Android including TW that takes up 8GB. Yes, it's a big chunk of the internal memory if you've got the base model. But according to these guys, you can move apps to the SD card.

http://www.droid-life.com/2016/03/01...stall-apps-sd/
Yeah, stock usually takes around 6GB. Not like I'd be needing such extra internal storage mind cause most of my storage goes to music and pics and those can easily be stored on SD card. Just curious. Do you guys get the 64GB option in Canada? We are stuck with two models here in HK. Galaxy S7 32GB (Exynos 8890) and Galaxy S7 Edge 32GB (Qualcomm).

Anyway Zero, thanks for the advice earlier on. Got to play with the new S7s today and am utterly impressed. Preordered the S7 Edge and will get it around he 11th. Can't wait.

Oh, and did I mention I got a preorder discount? Costs 20USD less than a iPhone 6S 16GB.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 06:51 AM   #58
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

There is no larger than 32gb world wide. They made one size.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 07:24 AM   #59
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Anyone know which processor is in the devices sold in the UAE? Does it even matter? Is the performance pretty much the same between the two "options"?
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100 with 2 x Scythe GentleTyphoon 1850 rpm fans | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2016, 07:58 AM   #60
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

On the day to day use its similar but the snapdragon 820 is the top performer right now. I can test mine against the none snapdragon at work later.