Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 1, 2011, 05:31 PM   #2281
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete stranger

Yeah, now that the hackers are out and a playing I think it's time I called the beta quits. lol.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 07:26 PM   #2282
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I don't understand the slowdowns. at a constant 50-60fps sometimes it just feels like it dips, yet the game still reports 45+
I watched it chug down to what felt like 10fps and radeonpro reported back 30fps. There was no way that was 30fps.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 07:35 PM   #2283
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Man red dot sight sucks in BF3, the surrounds of the sight block off far too much. I'm a RDS man myself but can't use them with so much of the screen blocked off, back to iron sights.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 1, 2011, 07:44 PM   #2284
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM View Post
I don't understand the slowdowns. at a constant 50-60fps sometimes it just feels like it dips, yet the game still reports 45+
I watched it chug down to what felt like 10fps and radeonpro reported back 30fps. There was no way that was 30fps.
I've yet to have any slowdowns man. Granted my cards have twice the vram, they aren't that much faster than the 5870s.

Time to OC that 920!
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 07:59 PM   #2285
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
I've yet to have any slowdowns man. Granted my cards have twice the vram, they aren't that much faster than the 5870s.

Time to OC that 920!
it's turned up to 3.4ghz
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 08:03 PM   #2286
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
Yeah, now that the hackers are out and a playing I think it's time I called the beta quits. lol.

also was playing with 2 friends at a lan last night. we couldnt figure out at all how to join the same squad. we tried making a platoon and all of us joining at the same time. no dice.

Last edited by Dave : Oct 1, 2011 at 08:06 PM.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 08:10 PM   #2287
Uber_Tiny

Uber_Tiny is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scart View Post
DICE has completely gone off the deep end. They announced just now that they plan to ban every player that connects to the hacked servers. Not just the BF3 account, but the entire Origin account.

Did the real DICE team leave for the weekend and leave monkeys with keyboards in charge?
Do you have a link to this?
Uber_Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 08:27 PM   #2288
Saggypoo
Fun Police

Saggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badges

They're saying connecting to them could compromise your account or lead to an action that would cause your account to be banned. They're not banning anyone if you connect to those servers.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4925948154637/
Saggypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 08:34 PM   #2289
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post

also was playing with 2 friends at a lan last night. we couldnt figure out at all how to join the same squad. we tried making a platoon and all of us joining at the same time. no dice.
You cant, its luck. Jump in and out of squads until you guys connect.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 08:42 PM   #2290
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete stranger

I'm pretty sure this won't be the case for retail. The squad section wasn't complete from what I understand.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 09:01 PM   #2291
Uber_Tiny

Uber_Tiny is still being judged by the masses

oh em gee...the server files have been leaked.
Uber_Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 09:44 PM   #2292
ragejg
Rage3d Staff Emeritus

ragejg is still being judged by the masses

Where in Operation Metro is everyone getting the most prominent slowdowns?

I've had to wonder if my GPUs are throttling, as they're OCed and the voltage is turned up on 'em. Gonna try stock speeds/voltage and see if I get the same kind of slowdowns...
ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 10:05 PM   #2293
jimjobob
Radeon Sea Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post

Time to OC that 920!
This game has to be GPU dependant as far as performance because its butter smooth on my C2D.

Edit: ok loaded it up again with fraps and frames arent as smooth as I had thaught it goes any where from 40-90fps but mostly 55+ and I dont notice the drops at all.

Last edited by jimjobob : Oct 1, 2011 at 10:29 PM.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 10:52 PM   #2294
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Yes but KAC you're a noob that doesnt even understand wtf is going on in a battlefield game you probably go around hiding in corners facing the wrong way and stuff, while the battle is taking place further down the map where the real players are using team work, squad spawning with medics ressing squad mates, everyone spotting, using coms and getting shiit done.

I think the game will be buggy as hell on release, but it will be in better shape than it is now along with some quick patches, more than likely a day 1 patch upon installation, aswell as on going support.

The core gameplay is solid, player is smooth and fluid, weapons, sounds and graphics are great too, its just a buggy as hell beta on a crap MoH esqe map.

spyre cant you just force vsync in control panel, or use D3DOverrider etc?
I am not stupid. I know exactly what is going on since I have played these games since BF1942...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 11:02 PM   #2295
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

can you cook a grenade in this game? i cant seem to figure out how
Old Oct 1, 2011, 11:21 PM   #2296
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangFu View Post
no i don't think you can.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 11:28 PM   #2297
Thacker
Radeon R420

Thacker is still being judged by the masses

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFSHF6lSDqI

I got bored.

How do I embed?

Also, UMP is OP.

Thacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 11:43 PM   #2298
Saggypoo
Fun Police

Saggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangFu View Post
You have to actually have one in your hand, 5 I think. One of those crazy numbers. At least, I think that's how I did it.

Edit: Ok, just tired it in game. Hit 5 and then you can cook one off.

Last edited by Saggypoo : Oct 1, 2011 at 11:46 PM.
Saggypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 11:45 PM   #2299
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

What the fck is up with your colors... You playing the Unreal version of the game?

Old Oct 1, 2011, 11:47 PM   #2300
Thacker
Radeon R420

Thacker is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
What the fck is up with your colors... You playing the Unreal version of the game?
I use a program called "Flux" which warms the colors at night and cools them during the day. REally helps with eye strain. Fraps apparently triples the effect when recording.
Thacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2011, 12:45 AM   #2301
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Shout out to shrike126:
Thanks for playing with us tonight, man! I definitely appreciate it and had fun. We can always use the extra squad support.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 12:47 AM   #2302
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
Shout out to shrike126:
Thanks for playing with us tonight, man! I definitely appreciate it and had fun. We can always use the extra squad support.
I played with shrike and didnt even know it til afterwards...its too bad you cant select the squad you want to be on.

Old Oct 2, 2011, 01:10 AM   #2303
RicH(SAD)
Radeon Northern Islands

RicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thacker View Post
I use a program called "Flux" which warms the colors at night and cools them during the day. REally helps with eye strain. Fraps apparently triples the effect when recording.
I tried Flux before and all it does it make everything look like ****. There is really no need for it with a properly set up monitor(i.e. proper brightness/contrast)

Edit: Anyone else not able to join any server?

Last edited by RicH(SAD) : Oct 2, 2011 at 01:14 AM.
RicH(SAD) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2011, 01:18 AM   #2304
logical
What is my purpose?

EA severs down, prob maintenance.

Old Oct 2, 2011, 02:20 AM   #2305
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Lc-Wizard hit me up and we will play.

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2011, 02:58 AM   #2306
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Turns out the server files and current build of beta are from June 2011, so this version we are playing is 3 months old, no doubt fixes have been made and the game is is better shape for release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
I am not stupid. I know exactly what is going on since I have played these games since BF1942...
LOL and you still dont know whats going on, you didnt even know to squad spawn in BC2 XD
Old Oct 2, 2011, 03:05 AM   #2307
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Turns out the server files and current build of beta are from June 2011, so this version we are playing is 3 months old, no doubt fixes have been made and the game is is better shape for release.

LOL and you still dont know whats going on, you didnt even know to squad spawn in BC2 XD
Errr, when we played once in the old days, that was my first MP game in BC2...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2011, 03:10 AM   #2308
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Sure m8, you even said the spawns are broken in this, theyre not, its team mates spawning on team mates.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 03:22 AM   #2309
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

I get slowdowns when I fire my gun. Its about 60fps, then I fire my gun and it goes down to about 40-50.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 03:51 AM   #2310
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

What do you guys think about the new mobile spawn points squad leaders can place? I've not seen much discussion about them, but I think the idea is absolutely flipping brilliant. Not only is it a neat feature, but the way in which it's shown and heard in-game is pretty cool too. I like how you just see a little tiny radio and if you are close enough, you can even hear radio chatter so that you can blast it away if you're on the opposing team. In a game I played earlier, we were the defenders and had just lost the outside points and were forced down into the metro. It just so happened that one of my buddies was on a squad whose leader had placed a mobile spawn radio outside the metro where the opposing team was spawning! I reckon the squad was actually using that point to deploy outside, behind enemy lines, and both kill attackers who had spawned and ambush them in the tunnels. I just thought that was flipping awesome and unlike anything I'd ever thought of before.

Have you guys seen any creative uses of them like that? I really like the idea of having an item that squadmates can spawn on because sometimes if everyone in the squad is dead or it isn't safe to spawn on any of them at the time, it's a pain in the ass to spawn all the way back at the deployment zone. I think DICE really did well with this idea. I just hope I'm squad leader more often so that I can focus on moving in and finding excellent places to plop one of these down so that my fellow squadmates can reinforce me without necessarily having to spawn on top of me (or one another) and end up shot dead instantly if the person they select to spawn on is under fire when they deploy.