Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Sep 29, 2011, 11:41 PM   #2101
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

dawdler is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
I think everyone here expects there to be bugs and issues in beta. Things like clipping through the floor, mouse issues, game balance, etc... That's what we expect to be seeing. Not being able to access the game's menu until you're in a game being shot at? That doesn't seem like the sort of issue we should be seeing in a game even if it is a beta.
Well since BC2 is pretty much the same in terms of the ingame menu, its not THAT strange. What is strange is the little things, that seems so obvious. Like...

Why is there no range indicator to the flags?
Why doesnt the minimap says which objective is which?
Why is the extended minimap useless, nobody at DICE noticed?
Why is there no visible inventory menu when selecting items?
Why does the recorded game stat page list a bunch of info like most accurate etc when the ingame scoreboard just state a dull scoreboard (ie why dont we have a "best squad" for example)?
dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 12:12 AM   #2102
Sobek
Radeon R700

Sobek is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Everything on its highest setting... no AA though.
To be honest, that actually doesn't look very impressive to me. Perhaps the beta has been limited graphically in some fashion? Aside from the lack of AA, it looks very... rough. Lots of objects should have shadows but don't, and the terrain looks pretty bland from any height.

Either that or I'm just jaded from all the other pretty games out there.

*edit* I've been reading posts elsewhere that say the game simply looks better in motion. Might be the case. Also, I know that some older games that used deferred rendering would sometimes omit certain post processing effects from being shown in screenshots... wonder if anything weird like that is happening with this game?
Old Sep 30, 2011, 12:14 AM   #2103
Stoned Bob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Stoned Bob is still being judged by the masses

Performance is better then I expect on my computer... 1920x1200 and almost maxed >45fps.
I only played a few hours but I cant say I realy like it but then again I like the more open maps with vehicles in bc2/bf.

Oh sweet that other map is with vehicles, to bad I gotta work now .
Stoned Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 30, 2011, 12:28 AM   #2104
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobek View Post
To be honest, that actually doesn't look very impressive to me. Perhaps the beta has been limited graphically in some fashion? Aside from the lack of AA, it looks very... rough. Lots of objects should have shadows but don't, and the terrain looks pretty bland from any height.

Either that or I'm just jaded from all the other pretty games out there.

*edit* I've been reading posts elsewhere that say the game simply looks better in motion. Might be the case. Also, I know that some older games that used deferred rendering would sometimes omit certain post processing effects from being shown in screenshots... wonder if anything weird like that is happening with this game?
It is ugly from some points. In the air things disappear and reappear in the distance. But the game is really nice when you play it. No other game has fluid animations and the kind of polish this has. The game definitely does look better in motion that screenshots though.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 01:38 AM   #2105
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

All of a sudden I cannot see name tags for enemies or allies. Any idea how to fix this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 01:47 AM   #2106
turok_t
Radeon R100

turok_t is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
Butter smooth on my crossfire setup. Indoors and out, unless the server is laggy, which has been the case a LOT today.
Hmm thats very odd.. I have a Diamond 6970 and a Sapphire 6950 flashed to 6970 and im using CAT 11.10 I dont think its lag for me because everytime when im in the subway station, I get > 90FPS and it feels much smoother, however, when im outdoors, FPS is between 60-70fps and it doesnt feel smooth at all, especially when there is alot of smoke around.. i can feel the microstutters.. same thing with Crysis..

Here is what I tried:

1. turned vsync on both in game and CCC
2. reduce overclock
3. turned off Crossfire
4. Disabled HBAO or SSAO
5. Turned off hyperthreading

I really want to get rid of the microstutters and I have no clue how to achieve butter gameplay like you guys..

Suggestions?
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 02:08 AM   #2107
Sobek
Radeon R700

Sobek is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
I really want to get rid of the microstutters and I have no clue how to achieve butter gameplay like you guys..

Suggestions?
Well if it's microstuttering that you want to cure, disabling Crossfire is the way to do that in BF3 (and in most games in general). If you're saying you're still getting microstuttering even with Crossfire disabled, then it's probably time to start looking elsewhere for the cause, as it may not be microstuttering at all.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 02:19 AM   #2108
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

So now they are apparently having issues with passwords containing certain characters.
Quote:
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Old Sep 30, 2011, 02:38 AM   #2109
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

The flash light is the most powerful weapon in the game. True story.
Quote:
Quote:
Old Sep 30, 2011, 02:49 AM   #2110
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanBlues View Post
its under option then gameplay tab and weapon zoom, switch it to click button
Many thanks for that info.

Cheers.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 02:55 AM   #2111
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

Ok, tried the beta and I have to say am loving it. I also actually like the browser based server browser! I can load the game while I can do other stuff, easily get into a game and very fast.

The game itself is a notch better that BC2. The action is a bit more frantic but not as chaotic as CoD which is good.

WTB Vsync fix!
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 03:31 AM   #2112
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Game looks excellent, whoever says it doesnt look good needs their eyes examined.

Gameplay is leet, whoever says the gamepay isnt good needs their head examined.

It is easily the best graphics and best gameplay in a MP FPS to date. And this is only the beta. Full game with ongoing support is gonna be awesome.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 03:40 AM   #2113
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Game looks excellent, whoever says it doesnt look good needs their eyes examined.

Gameplay is leet, whoever says the gamepay isnt good needs their head examined.

It is easily the best graphics and best gameplay in a MP FPS to date. And this is only the beta. Full game with ongoing support is gonna be awesome.
Yep, honestly it's like a rough diamond right now. It has so much potential because the game-play is there and it looks gorgeous. Honestly if they would tone down the flash lights, fix the falling through geometry, massive crashes and disconnects, they would have an amazing game on their hands. I know DICE constantly releases patches for support, so I am not too worried.

The only thing that worries me is that all these bugs might scare people away.
Quote:
Quote:
Old Sep 30, 2011, 03:55 AM   #2114
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Some metro shots

Old Sep 30, 2011, 05:11 AM   #2115
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Awesome shots! How would you say the reflex sight compares to the 4x ACOG scopes? I've considered using it, but I always worry that I'll be stuck in those crappy situations in which enemies are quite a distance off and I'll need my ACOG to accurately blow them away. I know one thing, though: In those screenshots, it looks badass.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 05:15 AM   #2116
logical
What is my purpose?

I like the ADS sights better.. scopes get too jittery and I feel at a disadvantage cause I cant see my surroundings. I dont have problems popping off a long guy, just get him on the dot and dont spray.. burst it.

Old Sep 30, 2011, 05:19 AM   #2117
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I only use iron sights in pretty much any game.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 05:20 AM   #2118
ragejg
Rage3d Staff Emeritus

ragejg is still being judged by the masses

ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 05:22 AM   #2119
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM View Post
cant change settings unless alive
cant change controls unless alive
cant change anything unless connected to a server
cant quit the game unless alive.

Seriously DICE?
Totally agree. The game seems to go out of its way to be annoying and totally unstreamlined.

I think there is a good game in there amongst all the bugs, glitches and rubbish menu systems, but its going to take a lot of time and work. The game looks gorgeous though I agree, and im thankful to DICE for actually producing a game that pushes PC hardware. Its probably the first big game since Crysis to do that.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 05:25 AM   #2120
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragejg View Post
I noticed with AF forced in CP it doesnt actually work, you have to leave it app preference and enable 16x in game.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 05:26 AM   #2121
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
I only use iron sights in pretty much any game.
I used them a ton in BC2, but it seems like in this game when I use iron sights in the very first sections of the underground metro in which you have very long stretches, I'm at a huge disadvantage versus someone with scopes and they can shoot me long before I even see them. If I slowly come in with my scope, though, usually the scope's zoom allows me to see them and return fire at roughly the same time they see me. Do you use iron sights even down in that area, too? If so, how do you get by with it? Just attempt to move as quickly as you can and take the fight to the enemy up close?
Old Sep 30, 2011, 05:28 AM   #2122
ragejg
Rage3d Staff Emeritus

Quote:
I noticed with AF forced in CP it doesnt actually work, you have to leave it app preference and enable 16x in game.
Um, please put that kind of stuff in the threads I just linked to, not here. This thread's best left to game mechanics, talk about development, enjoyment of the game, bob saget's knifing sprees, stuff like that. Please input the info from your post into the relevant thread.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 05:31 AM   #2123
ragejg
Rage3d Staff Emeritus

Any word on:
  • Changing/widening FOV? (I use "78" in BC2, and don't know yet what the BF3 setting exactly specifies, but it still looks too narrow for me)
  • Better mouse/keyboard mapping? (my SideWinder x5 can't get itself mapped correctly in this game. I even tried workarounds in IntelliPoint.) I really want my BC2 key mappings back, including mousewheel for zoom, right click for melee.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 05:39 AM   #2124
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
I used them a ton in BC2, but it seems like in this game when I use iron sights in the very first sections of the underground metro in which you have very long stretches, I'm at a huge disadvantage versus someone with scopes and they can shoot me long before I even see them. If I slowly come in with my scope, though, usually the scope's zoom allows me to see them and return fire at roughly the same time they see me. Do you use iron sights even down in that area, too? If so, how do you get by with it? Just attempt to move as quickly as you can and take the fight to the enemy up close?
You got to use those ridges in the subway part, pop and shoot and move. No need to try and compete with a long range when you arent equipped for it.

Quote:
Any word on:
  • Changing/widening FOV? (I use "78" in BC2, and don't know yet what the BF3 setting exactly specifies, but it still looks too narrow for me)
  • Better mouse/keyboard mapping? (my SideWinder x5 can't get itself mapped correctly in this game. I even tried workarounds in IntelliPoint.) I really want my BC2 key mappings back, including mousewheel for zoom, right click for melee.
I assume they are going to unlock the FOV changer in the full game.

As for key mapping.. I cant even change any of my keys.... doesnt work for me. Id like to have melee as third mouse button but it wont recognize.

I got some HD video uploading to youtube for you guys. 720p

Old Sep 30, 2011, 05:47 AM   #2125
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
Nah I dont have an issue with using iron sights in any game tbh, I have been pixel sniping for a decade :P
Old Sep 30, 2011, 05:47 AM   #2126
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Um, please put that kind of stuff in the threads I just linked to, not here. This thread's best left to game mechanics, talk about development, enjoyment of the game, bob saget's knifing sprees, stuff like that. Please input the info from your post into the relevant thread.
Well ok then, all you had to do was say please
Old Sep 30, 2011, 05:58 AM   #2127
ragejg
Rage3d Staff Emeritus

So I'm hearing that the "Ultra" settings are placebo.... that EA/DICE only enabled "high" graphics settings and gimped/disabled "Very High" and "Ultra High". Is there any evidence to support this?
Old Sep 30, 2011, 06:00 AM   #2128
ragejg
Rage3d Staff Emeritus

Old Sep 30, 2011, 06:02 AM   #2129
demo
space cadet

Quote:
So I'm hearing that the "Ultra" settings are placebo.... that EA/DICE only enabled "high" graphics settings and gimped/disabled "Very High" and "Ultra High". Is there any evidence to support this?
If thats true, my GTX580's probably wont even be able to run it in 1080p due to Vram XD
Old Sep 30, 2011, 06:06 AM   #2130
logical
What is my purpose?

Youtube really knows how to take a smooth video and fck it up. Recorded at 60fps, but looks like 20-30..

The last video I teamkilled 3 guys... Was trying to hit anything that moves while recording.