Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old May 14, 2015, 08:53 AM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Bluechair
Radeon R600

Bluechair is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
All that and more is available on Android Wear and has been for ages. At a cheaper price. With more variety. The only thing I miss is the NFC.

MY ragging is the ridiculous Apple upcharge for even their most basic version.

Personally I love smart watches. There is a use case and it is certainly not for everyone. But every single thing you just described is available on Wear. And you don't have to pay a massive premium. If and when Google releases Wear on Apple, I am curious to see what will happen. I am anticipating Apple will go ahead and kick all watch related apps off the market (Pebble, Wear, etc.).

As an aside, the way you use it is almost the same as the way I use it. And I am glad you are enjoying it and hope you continue to do so
My biggest thing is that the Apple Watch feels like a watch, and not a big thing on my arm that is a computer which is trying to be a watch. The price is definitely high, but the quality is top-notch. I don't have any experience with the other ones, so I can't really comment on that.

Last edited by Bluechair : May 14, 2015 at 08:59 AM.
Bluechair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2015, 08:59 AM   #92
Bluechair
Radeon R600

Bluechair is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
http://www.engadget.com/2015/05/14/a...curity-bypass/

Apple and security, like oil and water...
I don't think is actually a problem... Doesn't it erase your data? How else would they protect it?
Bluechair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2015, 09:27 PM   #93
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Got my G Watch Urbane today.

Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 20, 2015, 02:50 AM   #94
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

can't wait for the first reports coming in about people that got into carcrashs because "duuuh, officer, i dunno how that happened, i was just checking my mails when suddenly....."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another definition of a hero is someone who is concerned about other people's well-being, and will go out of his or her way to help them -- even if there is no chance of a reward. That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero."

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2015, 08:04 AM   #95
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
can't wait for the first reports coming in about people that got into carcrashs because "duuuh, officer, i dunno how that happened, i was just checking my mails when suddenly....."
I was parked.
Old May 20, 2015, 08:54 AM   #96
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

wasn't aimed at you, more at the general "on the phone while driving"-crowd

"Another definition of a hero is someone who is concerned about other people's well-being, and will go out of his or her way to help them -- even if there is no chance of a reward. That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero."

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2015, 09:06 AM   #97
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
wasn't aimed at you, more at the general "on the phone while driving"-crowd
Oh definitely.
Old May 20, 2015, 11:12 AM   #98
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I saw one of the smaller Apple Watch Sports in person Monday. Saw the guy get 's phone call notification and silence it by cupping his hand over the screen. The smaller one doesn't look as stupid as the larger one, but I'm still not a fan of the square design.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2015, 12:35 PM   #99
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Downloaded a sweet Omega mod for my Apple watch

switchAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2015, 02:16 PM   #100
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Huehuehue
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2016, 04:02 PM   #101
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Next mod for my apple watch

Old Nov 17, 2016, 04:12 PM   #102
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Ordered mine at beginning of the month, still processing

Apple is doing a crap job with fulfillment at the moment.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2016, 04:46 PM   #103
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

i bet you can get that $300 book with next day shipping tho
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2016, 05:32 PM   #104
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
i bet you can get that $300 book with next day shipping tho
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2016, 04:16 PM   #105
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

My Nike 42mm finally came in last Friday.

I'm not sure how I feel about it.

First I was pissed because you can't use Spotify or Audible offline since they don't make an app (I'm sure Apple has something to do with this, but it's heresay). Oh well, my fault for assuming.

So I'm basically going to be forced to use Apple Music if I want to use the Watch for what I intended it for (leave the phone in the car while I work out).

The other issue is that if I'm not working out, I really have no use for the watch. I'm going to have to tone down the notifications to the Watch. Do I need to be reminded to breathe and stand up? Probably.

Do I really need GPS? I run the same circular track and I don't do much beyond that. I really need to kick up my running game as my cardio sucks. So would the Series 1 be better (and cheaper)? Probably.

I found the "sport" straps on the grey one I test out to be comfy, but a my oily finger prints show up alot. They look cheap so I prefer the Nike one even though it's the same material. I love the Nike Watch.

I don't swim so water proofing is a non issue.

I'm still deciding. Is it worth switching to Apple Music for? Should I just get a Series 1 since I don't really need GPS and I workout with my phone in pocket anyway?
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote