Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Oct 28, 2016, 07:56 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Decat38
Radeon R100

Decat38 is still being judged by the masses

ATI Technologies Looking for Nougat Tablet

Hi all,

I'm currently looking for a new tablet. It must have the following

at least 2gb of Ram
32gb of Storage
a Gyroscope
can run Android Marshmallow 6.0, but must be able to upgrade to 7.0

Then I can let my feeble Nexus 7 (2012) Retire.
Decat38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2016, 09:51 PM   #2
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

https://www.engadget.com/2016/10/24/...10-inch-s-pen/

This one looks nice, if you don't mind spending that much. Will definitely get Nougat. It's only got 16gb of storage, but can be expanded to 256gb via Micro SD, so grab a high speed Micro SD card and you're good to go.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2016, 10:22 PM   #3
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Take a look at the Nvidia Shield K1. It's hard to beat at its price range. The only downside is the battery life isn't great.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 29, 2016, 11:28 PM   #4
Decat38
Radeon R100

AMD

Thanks for the replies. I did some research or Nvidia's Shield and I was told by Nvidia tech support that they have no plans to update that tablet to Nougat {Adroid 7.0} in the future. The samsung seems to be perfect for my needs and within my price range.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 03:29 PM   #5
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Depending on which model Samsung you are looking at, for the price I would go with the Google Pixel C:

https://store.google.com/product/pixel_c

You'll be guaranteed to have the latest OS updates. FWIW, none of the vendors usually announce their support until they have their firmware ready. It's one of the annoying things of the Android vendors...
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2016, 07:57 PM   #6
Decat38
Radeon R100

Google C looks perfect for me. I like the features and there tends to be less bloatware installed on their devices.