Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Oct 9, 2016, 09:11 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Default Mobile/tablet gamepads

Has anyone recently tested or used any Bluetooth or other mobile designed gamepads? I recently picked up a Nvidia Shield K1 tablet and the official Nvidia controller leaves a little to be desired. It's not terrible, but I'm curious if there are better out there. Most of the comparisons I've seen online don't have really much content to them.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2016, 11:41 PM   #2
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird sings

I had a Bluetooth steelseries controller till recently, one of the sticks broke which I'm not sure how. I also have a MOGA phone thingy which is cool but kinda flaky. I'm not too upset about it's flaky though cause it was $10.

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
battlenet: voxmortis, origin: asci_blue, steam: death_incarnate352
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2016, 08:27 AM   #3
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

https://www.amazon.com/Nyko-Playpad-.../dp/B0092ZEINO

I have this one, it's not bad. I got mine at Game Stop, pretty sure they still sell them.

edit: Actually looks like they stopped stocking it. Was only $9.97 through them...
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 10, 2016, 08:34 AM   #4
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

The Steelseries was the highest on my "to try" list. Mainly because of the number of PC gaming products they have, I figured their entry would be a safe bet.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 01:15 PM   #5
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Deciding between:
  • Steelseries Stratus XL
  • Mad Catz CTRLR
  • POWER A Moga Pro Power

The main decisions are that the Steelseries and Mad Catz uses batteries where as the Moga has a rechargeable internal battery which is more attractive. However, it's an older controller so it may be about ready to have no support. If the Steelseries had an internal rechargeable battery it would be the clear choice for me.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 04:26 PM   #6
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

PS4 controller?

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2016, 08:36 PM   #7
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
PS4 controller?
Seems to be a little more than a pain to get a PS4 controller connected (at least from my little searching). Not impossible, but a little more than the standard Bluetooth pairing.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 03:49 AM   #8
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

while i am a fan of PS-Controllers, i wouldn't recommend one for mobile gaming, first off they are kinda pita to connect and it also ain't has a clip for holding your mobile. On a sidenote, make sure your mobile's measures fits the pads ones. (A Nexus 6 for example is too big for the Mad Catz). I also agree to favor pads with rechargeable batteries over the one without.

The Steelseries is a well build one, but also ain't have a clip. I dunno if that's important for you, for me it would be a criteria. One of the pro's of it is that it's also easy to use with your pc.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another definition of a hero is someone who is concerned about other people's well-being, and will go out of his or her way to help them -- even if there is no chance of a reward. That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote