Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Apr 11, 2016, 08:27 PM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Fit better than the Neo Hybrid?
The Neo Hybrid is a tight as hell fit as you know, it feels like I'm going to snap the damn phone when I take it off. This is just like a standard TPU case, it goes in real easy and has zero chances of messing with screen protectors. I won't say it's loose because it isn't, it's just effortless to put on and take off. Easier to pick up than the Neo Hybrid too if it's lying on a desk, but doesn't seem like it has much of a lip for face down sitting (That sounded lovely).

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2016, 09:45 PM   #182
wazman
Resident Curmudgeon

wazman once held a door open for a complete strangerwazman once held a door open for a complete strangerwazman once held a door open for a complete strangerwazman once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
it goes in real easy and has zero chances of messing

RIP, Hannibal. RIP, Shadow. RIP, Mitchell. RIP, Annie. RIP, Jones.
wazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2016, 10:29 PM   #183
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

I put a skinomi techskin on my S7e. Kinda disappointed with the matte finish and the wet application process. Great fit though, works pretty good with my Neo Hybrid.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 26, 2016, 07:17 AM   #184
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Battery life has gotten even better this week, no clue what changed.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old May 26, 2016, 12:21 PM   #185
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Just plugged it in.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old May 26, 2016, 12:50 PM   #186
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

That's about what I've been getting.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old May 26, 2016, 01:17 PM   #187
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
That's about what I've been getting.
Do you have the Exynos version? I forget if canadaland got those or not.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old May 26, 2016, 01:38 PM   #188
Zero
Sass hole

Yes

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Jun 8, 2016, 07:20 PM   #189
shrike126
Roxen. You are missed.

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

How is the battery life on the S7 now that you guys have had it a while? Would you guys recommend the S7 or the G5 or the H10?
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2016, 07:48 PM   #190
Zero
Sass hole

My S7e is still doing 40-48hrs life with ~5hrs screen time. I don't have firsthand experience with the other phones but I believe both have smaller screens. Reviews suggest that my one real complaint with the S7e (mediocre DAC and audio configuration) would be handled well by the HTC 10, but the screen size is still a dealbreaker for me.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Jun 8, 2016, 08:09 PM   #191
ice
Rage3D Spammer

S7 is still the best Android phone at the moment. No complaints from me.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 10:17 PM   #192
shrike126
Roxen. You are missed.

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Well this settles it. So earlier today I dropped by a store near the office and picked up an LG G5 on a new line to "try it" for 30 days and see what I thought. I posted that question earlier because I'm super on the fence about it versus the Samsung Galaxy S7. I figured I'd see what I thought while keeping my current iPhone 6 Plus, and if I liked it I'd cancel the line and just upgrade my device.

Anywho... So while getting out of the car with my amped up border collie just a bit ago he knocked the G5 (without a case yet) out of my hand on to the pavement. The screen has a small crack in the corner now. This is the SAME DAY that I picked it up. Guess I'm keeping it.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
Old Jun 9, 2016, 10:51 PM   #193
Zero
Sass hole

Dannnnnng

Shoulda gone with S7

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Jun 10, 2016, 02:39 PM   #194
shrike126
Roxen. You are missed.

Subscriber

Quote:
Dannnnnng

Shoulda gone with S7
Well now you tell me!

Filed a claim with Asurion just now. Hopefully the device is new enough that I end up with a new device and not a "remanufactured" piece of crap. I dunno why I ever bothered with this. I'm so mad at myself.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Jun 10, 2016, 03:22 PM   #195
Zero
Sass hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
Well now you tell me!
I thought that was clear from me and ice splooging about our S7s

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Jun 12, 2016, 10:02 AM   #196
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

So I've got something interesting in my hands. If you haven't got a s7 yet wait a little bit. It's worth the wait and no it's not that much bigger in terms of hand feel. And there's some truth to the rumors.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2016, 12:10 PM   #197
Zero
Sass hole

Note 6 with edge to edge screen, iris scanner, 4200mAh battery, usb c, etc etc?

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Jun 12, 2016, 01:04 PM   #198
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Note 6 with edge to edge screen, iris scanner, 4200mAh battery, usb c, etc etc?
I can just about see where your going.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:10 PM   #199
Spencer
Today's F word: Fabulous

Spencer once held a door open for a complete strangerSpencer once held a door open for a complete strangerSpencer once held a door open for a complete stranger

I'm still crazy about my S4. On Sprint btw. Wondered if anyone else is holding on to their S4 to wait for more 4k smart phones to come out. Sony has one but then there's not much 4k content yet.

If there is really very little difference in video quality between 1080 and 4k on a 5 - 5 1/2 inch screen then nevermind.
Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2016, 08:02 AM   #200
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

There's likely an imperceptible difference. I can't tell the difference between my iPhone 6s+ screen and the higher res screen my Note 5 had. The pixels on both are too small for me to make out, so they both look fantastic.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2016, 08:22 AM   #201
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Past about 300dpi, it really only matters for VR purposes IMHO.
(which is why I want that 500+ dpi screen!)

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2016, 06:05 PM   #202
Zero
Sass hole

Normal usage, 4K = 1080p. VR usage, you can count the pixels in 1080p so 4K would definitely help.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Sep 29, 2016, 06:40 PM   #203
CyanBlues
Radeon Northern Islands

CyanBlues can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCyanBlues can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCyanBlues can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
I'm still crazy about my S4. On Sprint btw. Wondered if anyone else is holding on to their S4 to wait for more 4k smart phones to come out. Sony has one but then there's not much 4k content yet.

If there is really very little difference in video quality between 1080 and 4k on a 5 - 5 1/2 inch screen then nevermind.
I wanted hold out with my s4 too since its pretty reliable and does what I need it to but i keep getting randomly disconnected from the 4g lte network the past few months so gave up and switch to note 7
Old Oct 7, 2016, 04:50 AM   #204
Dyre Straits
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Dyre Straits is still being judged by the masses

I've had my Galaxy S5 for two and half years now and keep getting the itch to upgrade. But, this phone continues to serve me well.

I'm actually on the T-Mobile network via MetroPCS and get totally unlimited everything for a flat $60 USD p/mo. No taxes or fees added whatsoever.

But, like i said, I keep getting the itch to upgrade. The S7 seems like a good way to go for me since I really like Android and Samsung.
~Windows 10 x64 Professional~Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H~Intel I7-3770K~8x2 GB DDR3 Crucial Ballistic 1600 RAM (Dual Channel)~RealTek Onboard~XFX R9 390 8GB GDDR5~3 Acer 27 inch LCDs~SCEPTRE 505 4K UHD TVand one Sanyo 32 inch HDTV connected via Intel onboard GPU~SATA BluRay RW~1000 W PSU~And a Whole Lot More!~AND....1 TB XBOX ONE~1 PS4 with Uncharted Bundle~

Quote:
If you have an issue with what you said, please resolve it in private ;)
Dyre Straits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2016, 09:00 AM   #205
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

my boss has the S7 edge and loves it. My only gripe with it is cosmetic, I think the corners are TOO rounded. the Note 7's are perfect.
(Not the curved glass, the actual corners of the device)

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2016, 02:03 AM   #206
Dyre Straits
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Dyre Straits is still being judged by the masses

I took the bait that T-Mobile sent me in the mail. It was an offer for the S7, $0 down, $0 interest for two years. I only had to pay the sales tax on the full purchase price.

Thirty minutes later, I was out of the store with a new phone.

So far, I'm enjoying it.
~Windows 10 x64 Professional~Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H~Intel I7-3770K~8x2 GB DDR3 Crucial Ballistic 1600 RAM (Dual Channel)~RealTek Onboard~XFX R9 390 8GB GDDR5~3 Acer 27 inch LCDs~SCEPTRE 505 4K UHD TVand one Sanyo 32 inch HDTV connected via Intel onboard GPU~SATA BluRay RW~1000 W PSU~And a Whole Lot More!~AND....1 TB XBOX ONE~1 PS4 with Uncharted Bundle~

Quote:
If you have an issue with what you said, please resolve it in private ;)
Dyre Straits is offline   Reply With Quote