Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Software
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Software Anything software that is not operating system related goes here. Talk about the latest applications or discuss betas of upcoming products.

Old Apr 10, 2019, 08:14 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default Microsoft Edge Chrome

Microsoft Dev Edge Chrome now available to test....

https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/download/

I have been using the current edge as my daily driver for a while now.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2019, 09:25 PM   #2
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Microsoft Dev Edge Chrome now available to test....

https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/download/

I have been using the current edge as my daily driver for a while now.
very cool . but why? is microsoft ditching their own browser?
Old Apr 11, 2019, 10:15 PM   #3
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payne3d View Post
As I understand it, Chromium web standards are becoming more prevalent and the standard MS Edge browser of course doesn't follow those standards, so some parts of web browsing simply didn't work on Edge.

Easy solution is just use Chromium as the engine for a new browser..

Makes sense to me. However, it would be nice if MS didn't try to make all their own "standards" like with that Silverlight crap, etc. I believe thats what created this rift in web standards to begin with.

The browser wars will wage on for some time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 12, 2019, 10:28 AM   #4
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
As I understand it, Chromium web standards are becoming more prevalent and the standard MS Edge browser of course doesn't follow those standards, so some parts of web browsing simply didn't work on Edge.

Easy solution is just use Chromium as the engine for a new browser..

Makes sense to me. However, it would be nice if MS didn't try to make all their own "standards" like with that Silverlight crap, etc. I believe thats what created this rift in web standards to begin with.

The browser wars will wage on for some time.
google is getting way too powerful. i like chrome because of the amount of extensions available but google could get rid of the ones they don't like tomorrow .

looks like MS has completely given up on their own browser, and once they switch over to the Chrome version full-time, i have a feeling Google will clean house.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 10:51 AM   #5
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

It's not like MS hasn't tried to own the browser market themselves.... They've been dictating their "own" net standards for years, and let's not forget them being caught purposely ruining Netscape back in the day.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2019, 01:42 PM   #6
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Yes, they announced a while ago they were going this route.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2019, 08:29 AM   #7
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
MS stated that they were doing this, because google was constantly changing things that broke stuff in EDGE. Guess they figured F it, we'll just go chromium, so you can't break our browser anymore.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2019, 08:48 AM   #8
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
MS stated that they were doing this, because google was constantly changing things that broke stuff in EDGE. Guess they figured F it, we'll just go chromium, so you can't break our browser anymore.
I don't think it was so much Google, as the features and web "standards" that Edge claimed to support, was either buggy or partially implemented. Practices that carried over from IE11 "development standards".

Any standard website should/would pull up looking nearly identically in FF/Opera/Chrome, etc. Try pulling it up in Edge, and things just looked different, or broken..

Given the slew of other browsers including mobile platforms that rendered correctly, something, something, Microsoft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2019, 01:41 AM   #9
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
It's not like MS hasn't tried to own the browser market themselves.... They've been dictating their "own" net standards for years, and let's not forget them being caught purposely ruining Netscape back in the day.
MS is no good guy either. But it's ironic how the monopolistic giants of yesterday are being supplanted by new ones today.

It wasn't good when MS dominated everything, and now it's not good that Google does. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2019, 09:58 PM   #10
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

This is a reason to switch to Firefox. It's the only other major browser engine remaining.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2019, 01:35 AM   #11
t3hl33td4rg0n
env x='() { :;};

t3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
Any standard website should/would pull up looking nearly identically in FF/Opera/Chrome, etc. Try pulling it up in Edge, and things just looked different, or broken..
Given my experience developing between the major browsers, most things I've have developed worked right out of the gate with Edge, not everything, but very close. Things that didn't work quite right were usually very minor to correct. More often than not, Safari has been the troublesome browser, where it works everywhere else. Safari is the new IE.
Gaming Computer: Core i7 3770k | MSI Z77 MPOWER | MSI 1080 Twin Frozr | Acer Predator X34 | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 PC2100 | Antec DF-85 | Cooler Master Silent Gold Pro 800W | 512GB Samsung 860 EVO | 4TB WDC Black | 4TB HGST
Server: Core i5 4670 | MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX AC | eVGA GTX980 | 8GB G.SKILL DDR3 1866 | Lian-Li V2120X | Corsair RM750 750W | 500GB SSD | 4x 4TB WDC Red
t3hl33td4rg0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2019, 12:55 PM   #12
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
MS is no good guy either. But it's ironic how the monopolistic giants of yesterday are being supplanted by new ones today.

It wasn't good when MS dominated everything, and now it's not good that Google does. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

By no means is this new IBM had Microsoft firmly under foot until the 80's. If it wasn't for litigation, we'd all be running OS/2 in some form.

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
battlenet: voxmortis, origin: asci_blue, steam: death_incarnate352
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2019, 02:06 PM   #13
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

The beta is out. I'm trying it now. Pretty good so far, no issues. Don't think it will be come my daily driver just yet, but it has potential.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2019, 05:14 AM   #14
Ryo-Ohki
Cabbit

Ryo-Ohki is still being judged by the masses

I've been toying around with the dev channel version for 1 month+ on Windows 8.1. Nice, fast and stable so far. I use the "old" Edge at work on Win10, rendering is A-OK but I find it pretty much a mess, UI wise, this one is muck sleeker (luckily we have the option to install FF).

Not switching from Firefox for personal use though...
Old Aug 26, 2019, 10:38 AM   #15
lmchv
Planet Express

lmchv can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultylmchv can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I've used Edge since the beginning with some compatibility issues every now and then.

Sadly it's not compatible with most of the services we use in our company and had to still rely on Internet Explorer for those, that's about to change though.

I'll push the new Edge as the company standard as soon as it exits it's dev stage, I've been using the Canary branch and works great so far.
BEHEMOTH (Desktop): Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Core i9 9900K @5.0Ghz + Asus ROG Ryuo 240 | Corsair Ballistic 32GB DDR4-3000 | Dell 2715Q 27" 4K | ASUS ROG Strix Geforce GTX1080 8GB @2063/10010Mhz | CoolerMaster Cosmos C700P + Asus ROG Thor 1200W Platinum | Sound Blaster Z + Logitech Z-5500 + CM Storm Sirus | HyperX Alloy Elite RGB CherryMX Red+ Logitech G700S + Gigabyte Krypton | Samsung 950 Pro NVMe SSD 512GB + 2 x Samsung 850 Pro SSD 512GB RAID0 + 2 x Western Digital Black 1TB RAID0 | LG BD-RE | Windows 10 Pro 64bits

Charquito (Desktop): Asus Sabertooth X99 | Intel Core i7 5930K @4.7Ghz + Corsair Hydro H110 | Kingston HyperX 32GB DDR4-2400 | Dell U2713HM 27" | 2 x XFX Radeon R9-290X Black Edition 4GB Crossfire | Cooler Master Cosmos 2 + Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W | Microsoft Reclusa + Logitech MX Performance | Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD + Seagate 500GB | Sony BD-ROM | Windows 10 Pro 64bits

Bloodzone.net Moderator
lmchv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2019, 01:48 PM   #16
Galmok
Rage3D Veteran

Galmok is still being judged by the masses

Did Google remove stuff from Chrome to prevent ads being blocked? At least I read that they would do that.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/0...-adblock-apis/
Galmok is offline   Reply With Quote