Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Nov 4, 2019, 08:03 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Default Decorating for Christmas

I used to get annoyed when stores put up Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving. Now I get it. Having only a couple weeks to enjoy the "Christmas spirit" isn't enough. Decorating takes a lot of work at our house and we want to have time to enjoy it. So, the wife and I agreed to put up decorations next weekend, but wait until after Thanksgiving to get a tree.

How early to you guys start decorating (if at all)?
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2019, 08:37 AM   #2
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

GSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird sings

Bah humbug!

Surprised the wife hasn't asked me to put the tree up yet. The hole in the roof from Halloween storm must distracting her.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 08:39 AM   #3
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSGRUNT View Post
Bah humbug!

Surprised the wife hasn't asked me to put the tree up yet. The hole in the roof from Halloween storm must distracting her.
I feel like there's a story here...
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 4, 2019, 08:49 AM   #4
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

GSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
I feel like there's a story here...
110-130 mph winds hit my neighborhood hard. I was lucky only to get relatively minor roof damage from a top of a tree being ripped off and dropped on my house. Neighbors had many trees downed, cars totaled and rooms destroyed.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 08:54 AM   #5
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
110-130 mph winds hit my neighborhood hard. I was lucky only to get relatively minor roof damage from a top of a tree being ripped off and dropped on my house. Neighbors had many trees downed, cars totaled and rooms destroyed.
Yikes. Hope no one was hurt.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 09:12 AM   #6
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
How early to you guys start decorating (if at all)?
Day after Thanksgiving. Everything comes down New Year's day.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2019, 09:19 AM   #7
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Thanksgiving decorating needs to go up first. And by that I mean a door hanger. ^_-
Old Nov 4, 2019, 09:21 AM   #8
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Day after Thanksgiving. Tree on December 1st.

Haven’t even celebrated Thanksgiving yet, lol. Pretty soon people will be putting up lights after the 4th of July.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2019, 09:26 AM   #9
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Our fall decorations went up Oct 1. Those aren't usually as big a deal as the Christmas stuff. My wife goes nuts with Christmas decorations. Plus we do a LOT of entertaining during the Christmas season, but we go to someone else's house for Thanksgiving. Everything will come down on Jan 2. Six weeks seems like the right amount of time to enjoy decorations before I get sick of them.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 03:45 PM   #10
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
Day after Thanksgiving. Tree on December 1st.

Haven’t even celebrated Thanksgiving yet, lol. Pretty soon people will be putting up lights after the 4th of July.
The coming trend is leaving them up 365. Why bother taking them down when you're just going to put them back shortly?

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2019, 03:47 PM   #11
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

my tree comes down in march sometimes
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2019, 04:28 PM   #12
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

One holiday at a time please!

IMO let's enjoy Halloween before Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving before Christmas, etc.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2019, 05:04 PM   #13
Jay20016
Truth Doesn't Make Fact

Jay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Maybe it is just the Floridian in me, but I always thought that Fall/Halloween decorating was a bit odd, just because you go through all of that nonsense and then... if there is a storm, you've got to take it all down and put up shutters? Bump that noise. Second off, the leaves don't change color until at least February, so the reds, oranges, and yellows don't really make sense in Sept. or Oct... as it is still hot as ****.

As for Christmas, the tree is a Thanksgiving tradition that we do as a family when we're all home. Outside lights are more of a "do we want to do it this weekend" sometime before Thanksgiving. Unless you're out of town, they all come down no later than New Years IMO.

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."
Jay20016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2019, 05:28 PM   #14
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

end of February'ish...
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2019, 07:03 PM   #15
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Put up lights on or around December 1st
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2019, 07:18 PM   #16
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

just keep them up all year

bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2019, 08:42 PM   #17
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

If the green lights are somehow animated I would die of laughter

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2019, 11:16 PM   #18
warmonger180
Zionist

warmonger180 once held a door open for a complete strangerwarmonger180 once held a door open for a complete strangerwarmonger180 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Bah humbug!
this

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Franklin

Corsair Vengeance M70; ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z; FX 8350; Asus RX580 OC; Samsung SyncMaster 2243SWX; Corsair AX860i psu; 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3; Corsair M4 SSD 128GB, WD 1TB; x18 DVR212D; 10
warmonger180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2019, 01:59 AM   #19
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

HOA says no until 1 month out

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2019, 03:36 AM   #20
Aneska
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Aneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

After Thanksgiving yeesh
Old Nov 5, 2019, 03:31 PM   #21
UberBeavis
This is SO much fun!!!!

UberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

My house is decorated for Halloween year round.
We put out the Christmas stuff inside around mid November- everything else goes out the day after Thanksgiving. The HOA said no fire cannons, but they're cool with the projector lights and the lasers- as long as it's turned off at 10pm.

See more of my horrible photos, and a few good ones here.
UberBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2019, 04:24 PM   #22
huskylord
Load Management

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Black Lives Matter Friday is what it's all about
Old Nov 5, 2019, 04:26 PM   #23
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneska View Post
After Thanksgiving yeesh
Well hi thar!
Old Nov 5, 2019, 07:32 PM   #24
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
HOA says no until 1 month out
HOA. Screw them. Ours said the same until a guy celebrating Diwali moved in and lit his house up in October. Now they can't say anything because it would infringe on his religious freedoms.

Just tell your HOA you are celebrating Diwali....

Or better yet, tell them they are infringing on your religion. They'll shut right up.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2019, 09:25 PM   #25
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I started listening to Christmas music on November 1.

I don't do Christmas trees but I'll probably do some decorating.
jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2019, 10:11 PM   #26
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

The Sunday after Thanksgiving to the weekend of or before New Years.

FWIW I try to do Halloween right at October 1st but we were vacationing in Tejas this year so I was a lil late. I love my giant spider. I could use a few more bats . . .