Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Sep 1, 2019, 09:36 PM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
Nice
Melvin Gordon just followed every player on the Eagles on Instagram. Jordan Howard and a pick going to the chargers for Melvin?
Omega53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2019, 10:53 PM   #122
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega53 View Post
Melvin Gordon just followed every player on the Eagles on Instagram. Jordan Howard and a pick going to the chargers for Melvin?
He started following other teams now. Possibly to cover tracks? I would love MG on the eagles

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2019, 10:46 AM   #123
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Oh man my draft was horrible again this year. Got a D on the report card from Yahoo.

That make 3 years in a row I got a horrible draft.

But then again I am always working or out busy during the time they schedule the draft so I have to use the auto draft feature. Sucks
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 3, 2019, 11:24 AM   #124
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Oh man my draft was horrible again this year. Got a D on the report card from Yahoo.

That make 3 years in a row I got a horrible draft.

But then again I am always working or out busy during the time they schedule the draft so I have to use the auto draft feature. Sucks
Or you can have a top 3 draft like me to only lose half you team to injury by the time the playoffs start
Old Sep 3, 2019, 11:50 AM   #125
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Projections are... projections.

Old Sep 3, 2019, 12:59 PM   #126
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Projections are... projections.
True but I have already been a bottom feeder buy midyear for the last three years so Yahoo Sports has been fairly spot on. When I got a B on the auto draft 4 years back I won it all taking the top spot!!

But to be fair that was over 2 other people that got rated with A's, but they are the kind of players that keep trading out their players all year and I do not do that.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 07:30 PM   #127
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

How are the play-offs structured in this league, will 8 or 10 teams make the play-offs?

Also, I can't recall but is there a consultation bracket?

V
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2019, 07:59 PM   #128
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

6 out of 10 will make playoffs
Old Sep 4, 2019, 12:21 AM   #129
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
6 out of 10 will make playoffs
that kinds sucks for the lower 4, or are they in a consolation ladder?

How are the 6 playing off, 1st and 2nd get a bye?
Old Sep 4, 2019, 11:10 AM   #130
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

If you don't make the playoffs, your season is done. Consolation bracket goes to the teams that lose in the playoffs.

And yeah 1st & 2nd place in the regular season get a first round bye.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 11:14 AM   #131
curio
𐐒ananaD

Also grats Omega for Zeke signing
Old Sep 4, 2019, 11:28 AM   #132
logical
What is my purpose?

Zeke wasnt going to hold out the whole year so he was going to be worth it. I thought he would at least go a game since I think Dallas can beat the Giants in week 1.

Old Sep 4, 2019, 11:36 AM   #133
Omega53
Rage veteran

Quote:
Also grats Omega for Zeke signing
Quote:
Zeke wasnt going to hold out the whole year so he was going to be worth it. I thought he would at least go a game since I think Dallas can beat the Giants in week 1.
Thanks! I knew my season was going to be a wash if he didn't sign so I took a pretty big risk.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 12:23 PM   #134
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Quote:
I don't know, I thought Bell was going to play last year too... I shy'd away from Zeke in all of my draft because of Bell last year... same with Gordon, no idea how that is going to play out...
Old Sep 4, 2019, 12:30 PM   #135
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
I don't know, I thought Bell was going to play last year too... I shy'd away from Zeke in all of my draft because of Bell last year... same with Gordon, no idea how that is going to play out...
Dak and the Cowboys need Zeke more than Roethlisburger needed Bell and Rivers need Gordon.

Old Sep 4, 2019, 12:55 PM   #136
curio
𐐒ananaD

It's not so much about who needs who as it was about money and contracts. Bell was in a completely different scenario contractually than Zeke and Gordon.

For example, if Gordon doesn't play at all in 2019, his contract would toll and the 5th year option season would just transfer to 2020, where then he would be scheduled to earn the same $5.6 million once again next year and would put him in the exact same position he's in now. He has zero leverage against the Chargers; and sitting a year gets him nothing. Which is why he'll probably eventually cave if another team doesn't want to give a lot to get him.

Similarly if Zeke had decided to sit out this season, his contract just would have rolled over to the next year since he was only part way into his rookie contract plus his 5th year option. Frankly Zeke didn't have much leverage either, so Jerry Jones didn't even have to sign this massive extension with him if he didn't want to.

Bell on the other hand didn't have this problem because he was set to be a free agent after his contract was up, and because of the franchise-tag rules it would have forced the Steelers to pay him nearly $21 million this year if they had wanted to franchise him for the third year in a row.

Bell was able to sit out a full year knowing that the next year he'd become either a free agent or super rich with a new Steelers contract - which gave him tons of leverage; but the Steelers also had plenty of reasons not to want to pay him $21 million a year nor sign him to a massive new contract.

Elliott and Gordon on the other hand would not be free agents after they sat out the whole season, and their respective teams wouldn't have owed them much at all if they did/do sit - they could have just let them sit and be in the exact same spot again next year.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 03:57 PM   #137
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Quote:
It's not so much about who needs who as it was about money and contracts.
agreed...

Quote:
For example, if Gordon doesn't play at all in 2019, his contract would toll and the 5th year option season would just transfer to 2020, where then he would be scheduled to earn the same $5.6 million once again next year and would put him in the exact same position he's in now. He has zero leverage against the Chargers; and sitting a year gets him nothing. Which is why he'll probably eventually cave if another team doesn't want to give a lot to get him.

Similarly if Zeke had decided to sit out this season, his contract just would have rolled over to the next year since he was only part way into his rookie contract plus his 5th year option. Frankly Zeke didn't have much leverage either, so Jerry Jones didn't even have to sign this massive extension with him if he didn't want to.

Bell on the other hand didn't have this problem because he was set to be a free agent after his contract was up, and because of the franchise-tag rules it would have forced the Steelers to pay him nearly $21 million this year if they had wanted to franchise him for the third year in a row.

Bell was able to sit out a full year knowing that the next year he'd become either a free agent or super rich with a new Steelers contract - which gave him tons of leverage; but the Steelers also had plenty of reasons not to want to pay him $21 million a year nor sign him to a massive new contract.

Elliott and Gordon on the other hand would not be free agents after they sat out the whole season, and their respective teams wouldn't have owed them much at all if they did/do sit - they could have just let them sit and be in the exact same spot again next year.
uh oh, I see I entered a league with someone that knows way too much about football...
Old Sep 4, 2019, 04:04 PM   #138
curio
𐐒ananaD

I pretend I know way too much about everything
Old Sep 4, 2019, 05:24 PM   #139
logical
What is my purpose?

There are underlying contract contentions, but it really boils down to the needs to win.

Zeke is needed to win more vs Bell and Gordon. Dak wont carry the Cowboys like Phillip Rivers would. And Roelisburger didnt need Bell as much with AB and JuJu still on the team and Connor doing his thing.

The NFL is a win league and they will pay/overlook things as long as you can put some wins in the win column.

Jerry knows his window for a Super Bowl win is closing. He needs to hit it while these guys are in their prime, not disgruntled, and motivated to play. Jerry held out long but in the end paid Zeke everything he wanted. Jerry Jones won nothing other than losing Zeke for the pre-season to get him in shape. In that respect he lost because Zeke is going to need a few weeks to get into prime position to be himself.

Jerry knows the upside of having the wins vs paying Zeke. He will lose this 50 mill guaranteed now but make that back easy if they make it to the playoffs and beyond.

Zeke has/had the most leverage of all 3 because hes more integral to winning of all of them. Which is why he got paid and the other 2 didnt. Bell didnt and we'll see what happens with Gordon.(Rumors are they are going to let him do whatever and no longer seeking a trade. Would have been nice if he went to the Eagles but chargers didnt want to do the deal).

And one last thing, its a damn shame Zeke is money earning limited by position. If he were a QB(Id argue hes more important to the team than Dak) he would make $111 Mill guaranteed to beat out Goff who just re-upped his contract for the richest guaranteed.

Last edited by logical : Sep 4, 2019 at 05:34 PM.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 05:30 PM   #140
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
uh oh, I see I entered a league with someone that knows way too much about football...
Curio is scary prepared on draft day.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2019, 07:50 PM   #141
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Quote:
There are underlying contract contentions, but it really boils down to the needs to win.
Would have to disagree, if that were the case the Steelers would have tried harder to get Bell in the line up, he is clearly a better player than Conner and they missed the play-offs by one game, so you could argue that the Steelers "needed" him as he is the better back and probably would have made the play-offs if he was in the line up, but elected to not pay him.

I think paying so much money to a RB is a big mistake and it will hurt Dallas down the road. Look at when Gurley went down last year, they plugged in an old running back that was cut from two other teams, and he played great behind a good off line and in a good system. Plus Zeke is just a head case and has too many off the field issues. Also, look at DeMarco Murray, he was a super star on Dallas, rush for almost 2000 yards. After he left their system and offensive line, he went to crap.

You only have so much money so I would pay my stars in the following 3 positions first:
1. QB
2. Defensive line (pressure forces QB mistakes and QB injuries)
3. Offensive line (QB blind side protection)

V
Old Sep 4, 2019, 07:54 PM   #142
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Curio,

From what I recall you are a Broncos fan, I'm a Raiders, how do you think Monday will pan out?

I'm more optimistic then usual for this year, the one think that concerns me is that Oakland has the hardest schedule in the league this year... they seem to be in the top 5 every fricken year for hardest schedule, plus they have to play a home game in another country the last 3 years in a row... the NFL hates them, pisses me off...

V
Old Sep 4, 2019, 09:04 PM   #143
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Would have to disagree, if that were the case the Steelers would have tried harder to get Bell in the line up, he is clearly a better player than Conner and they missed the play-offs by one game, so you could argue that the Steelers "needed" him as he is the better back and probably would have made the play-offs if he was in the line up, but elected to not pay him.
Bell is clearly a better player than Connor, but the Steelers deemed Connor "good enough" to move on without Bell and not give him a new contract.

Youre looking at the season in hindsight so the Steelers can now say they may have needed him. But since they were only one game out of the playoffs they didnt REALLY need him. They probably needed AB to show up in games more than Bell in the back.

The must have players always get paid.

Old Sep 5, 2019, 12:04 AM   #144
curio
𐐒ananaD

Quote:
Curio,

From what I recall you are a Broncos fan, I'm a Raiders, how do you think Monday will pan out?

I'm more optimistic then usual for this year, the one think that concerns me is that Oakland has the hardest schedule in the league this year... they seem to be in the top 5 every fricken year for hardest schedule, plus they have to play a home game in another country the last 3 years in a row... the NFL hates them, pisses me off...

V
I think the line for the game is basically 50/50 with advantage to the home field; which makes sense. It's a rivalry on the last home turf in Oakland and it matters. In this division and along with the schedule, every win counts and both of our teams would be damn lucky to make the playoffs at all. We're footnotes this year.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 08:40 AM   #145
Omega53
Rage veteran

Make sure your rosters are set gentlemen. First kickoff is tonight!!!
Old Sep 5, 2019, 10:03 AM   #146
logical
What is my purpose?

Football is back boys!

Old Sep 5, 2019, 12:35 PM   #147
curio
𐐒ananaD

Word is the Raiders will be suspending Antonio Brown lol
Old Sep 5, 2019, 12:54 PM   #148
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Quote:
Old Sep 5, 2019, 01:36 PM   #149
Omega53
Rage veteran

Quote:
Good f*** the Raiders
Old Sep 5, 2019, 02:26 PM   #150
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega53 View Post
Good f*** the Raiders
heeeey, you mad bro?