Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Oct 8, 2010, 01:25 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Matrix0507
Scootable Catalyst

Matrix0507 is still being judged by the masses

I run 1.5 miles once a week at the crack of dawn
Originally Posted by gaurav_fhs
1 simple thread by Matrix started this nonsense?
Matrix0507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2010, 01:31 PM   #32
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by riho View Post
Yeah that's for a short duration. Doubt you ride 24mph avg for anything longer. Consider that the fastest avg speed in Tour de France is just under 25mph and that's with a road bike. Either you're a very talented asian or your speedometer is misconfigured....
24mph for an hour, confirmed by my iPhones GPS *shrug*

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2010, 02:32 PM   #33
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
My friend who is much fitter than I am, has been riding much longer than I have, and has a MUCH nicer bike than I do doesn't hit that average.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 8, 2010, 03:04 PM   #34
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

do two sets each of 9 different exercises 3x a week. Happy cuz I finally got to 250lbs on the pulldown machine

I have to brace myself against the leg cushions and reach up for the bar cuz Im too light to pull it down by just gravity and I'm kinda short

Last edited by Hidavi : Oct 8, 2010 at 03:59 PM.
Hidavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2010, 03:06 PM   #35
huskylord
Load Management

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I worked on a large bag of salt n vinegar chips the other day, followed with pulled pork for lunch today.
huskylord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2010, 04:23 PM   #36
riho
Breaking a take

riho can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyriho can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Well you should enter in the tour de france then. 24mph avg an hour is pretty impressive on a road bike no matter a mountain bike :shrug:
riho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2010, 04:25 PM   #37
Jasef
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled with

I went to the gym and then had a brownie. Just one, not two. But I reeeeally wanted that second brownie though.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 10:05 PM   #38
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Did arms tonight, useless night and I hate doing arms.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.

Last edited by ice : Oct 8, 2010 at 10:59 PM.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2010, 12:42 AM   #39
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Did 195x5x5 Deadlifts and 95x5x5 standing shoulder presses.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 12:45 AM   #40
erek
Banned

erek is still being judged by the masses

benched for (work sets) 2 sets of 3 reps @ 225, and then 1 set of 1 rep @ 225...

squatted for 225 (5 reps,) then 275 for (5 reps)

went and ran for 2 miles...

did some pullups... 7 reps, 4 reps, 3 reps...

then hit the hot tub

(lots of walking too)
erek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2010, 02:00 PM   #41
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Turns out I hurt my arm yesterday on my bike ride home... My arm popped near my elbow, felt just like a normal joint pop, but now I get some muscle pain when I articulate that arm... Yay
Old Oct 9, 2010, 02:26 PM   #42
LaRazaLaRoux
Banned

LaRazaLaRoux is still being judged by the masses

Thumbs up

i bought a jug of cranberry juice without noticing a tiny splenda logo on it, but i drank it anyway.
true story.
LaRazaLaRoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2010, 03:22 PM   #43
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Went for a fast walk for an hour last night. Got to talk to mom on the phone while doing it.
jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2010, 05:03 PM   #44
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Ran for an hour, did some time trials on my bike, wiggled my thumbs for hours.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2010, 08:22 PM   #45
squid
Cute

squid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird sings

i ride a hell of a lot. really need to do some upper body work though, just worried about screwing myself for riding the next day (since that is how i get to work)
squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2010, 10:32 PM   #46
Auric
Bananad

Auric is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskylord View Post
I worked on a large bag of salt n vinegar chips the other day, followed with pulled pork for lunch today.
Have you considered entering the blue plate special olympics? Wah wah wah waaahh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post

Congratulations! You're done. Put down the weights.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 12:01 AM   #47
Langsuyar
Radeon R600

Langsuyar is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post

Needs more flames. The hotwheels effect, this gym has it.
Forever I'll remain
Langsuyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2010, 04:57 PM   #48
Horus
resident kafir

Horus once held a door open for a complete strangerHorus once held a door open for a complete strangerHorus once held a door open for a complete stranger

today nothing, tomorrow I will run five miles when I wake up and then go to Judo practice in the evening for three hours.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 05:00 PM   #49
erek
Banned

i refuse to work out on sunday, the day of rest
Old Oct 12, 2010, 08:18 AM   #50
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Chest last night, back to my 5x3.

Deadlifts tonight.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 09:24 AM   #51
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by erek View Post
i refuse to work out on sunday, the day of rest

I did chest, shoulders and abs yesterday, as well as a bike ride. I also walked my dogs for about an hour.

Also found out that I've lost 2% body fat since starting weight training, while keeping my weight roughly the same.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 02:39 PM   #52
erek
Banned

monday:

benched (usually a warmup set,) 1 set of 225x5 and then 2 sets of 225x2

ran 2 miles, did 40 janda situps, sprinted 1/9th a mile, did 45 janda situps, sprinted 1/9th mile

walked for several 1/9th miles

did 2 sets of 50lb for 8 reps (Each arm) dumbbell overhead press then 1 set of 50 for 7 reps...

swam for 6 or so laps
Old Oct 15, 2010, 10:14 AM   #53
ice
Rage3D Spammer

5x5 Shoulder press, accessory DB lateral work Wednesday.

Last night was 5x5 ATG squats.

Tonight is my stupid arm night again.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 08:46 AM   #54
ice
Rage3D Spammer

This week was pretty good, weights are feeling light. Did my usual routine (shocking) and blew through my squats last night. Shoulder presses were easy on Wednesday, deadlifts weren't bad on Tuesday aside from tearing my knee open yet again.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 12:10 AM   #55
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Moved up my deadlift and shoulder press weights again.

215x5x5 Deadlift

110x5x5 Shoulder Press

Last post here was 195 Deadlift and 95 Shoulder Press, making progress!
Old Nov 12, 2010, 12:13 AM   #56
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

I joined an indoor soccer league about 6 months ago and I'm still really feeling the effects every week when I play. I work out 3 times a week with equipment, but nothing has come as close to whipping my butt into shape as this venture has. It's seriously crazy how much activity goes into 60 minutes of indoor soccer.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 12:29 AM   #57
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Moved up my deadlift and shoulder press weights again.

215x5x5 Deadlift

110x5x5 Shoulder Press

Last post here was 195 Deadlift and 95 Shoulder Press, making progress!

Nice. Progress is very nice. I've made a bunch of progress, but I really need to get my weight training partner to get into deadlifting and squatting... We do have a really balanced workout though.

Today I did 16 miles on my bike.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 01:14 AM   #58
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Played some COD:Black Ops yesterday night and shook my head when I got p'oed. Hey moving=exercise right?
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2010, 02:10 AM   #59
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

During the summer, gym everyday, 2 hr bike.

Now school's started again, I woke up today, sat in front of my computer for the last 6 hours. Ate in front of my computer, and now I'm about to go to sleep.

God damn I hate school.
VVanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2010, 02:44 AM   #60
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

i ate food...

but im kind of trying different things to see what i can do to accomplish several goals, and trying to piece together a schedule.

Last week i was doing these 1hr classes for 4 days: aerobic/mma type exercise class, yoga, a full body workout type class, and a cardio/aerobic class. (which are available at the gym i go to, part of the membership)

This week i did the aerobic/mma class again on two days, and did some weights in between.

Next week im thinking of tossing in some treadmill prior to the aerobic/mma class. I sweat like crazy in that class so maybe i can burn a few more calories with the treadmill.

Im just trying to increase my leg strength, balance, lose belly fat, build/sustain muscle, tone body. A little at a time. And those classes helped expose my weaknesses which is why im throwing a few things here and there that i think could help fill in the holes. Im thinking about filling up the week with the workouts, friday off and yoga/stretching on he weekends.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote