Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old May 22, 2011, 10:52 AM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I HATE PIRATES !

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
COrsair 8GB DDR3 1600 mhz
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Coolermaster 1000 watt PSU
Samsung w840(?) SSD
http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html

Martin Slater, 2K games, (Bioshock) about piracy:
"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2011, 10:58 AM   #62
ZeeM
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

ZeeM is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-a-m-e View Post
I HATE PIRATES !
If it wasn't for the pirates the internet wouldn't be close to what it is. So many smart and talented people wouldn't be able to make use of their talent because they couldn't afford photoshop/visual studio/lightwave/altium designer/after effects (whatever anyone uses) or even god damn windows. Blame the little turds who got the money yet still pirate games/software.
Some cool info: Tibeten monks, after twenty years or so of practise in the Himalaya, control their brain stem - they can control their heart beat, blood pressure etc. After thirty years they can connect to the internet purely by meditation, setting TCP stacks in their neurons and stuff. Right now I am chatting with a monk who is sitting naked in an ice storm on his towel, his only possesion. He's using ipv6.
ZeeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2011, 10:59 AM   #63
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

nope. There is no valid excuse for pirating.

But let's not go there.

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
COrsair 8GB DDR3 1600 mhz
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Coolermaster 1000 watt PSU
Samsung w840(?) SSD
http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html

Martin Slater, 2K games, (Bioshock) about piracy:
"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 22, 2011, 11:02 AM   #64
ZeeM
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-a-m-e View Post
nope. There is no valid excuse for pirating.

But let's not go there.
Yes it is, you do have a close minded view on piracy I have noticed. There's people who say piracy is ok and there's those who say its wrong, both sides are wrong, nothing in life is black or white, there's cases when it is bad and there are others when it is not.
Some cool info: Tibeten monks, after twenty years or so of practise in the Himalaya, control their brain stem - they can control their heart beat, blood pressure etc. After thirty years they can connect to the internet purely by meditation, setting TCP stacks in their neurons and stuff. Right now I am chatting with a monk who is sitting naked in an ice storm on his towel, his only possesion. He's using ipv6.
Old May 22, 2011, 07:42 PM   #65
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

I make a tongue in cheek comment and it starts this
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2011, 07:47 PM   #66
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
I make a tongue in cheek comment and it starts this
g-a-m-e is just upset because his low upload speed makes it hard for him to maintain a good ratio.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2011, 07:48 PM   #67
sittal
Radeon Arctic Islands

sittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

back on topic tiem:

Learn to embed videos in your posts, highlight text, and even post code!
sittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2011, 07:58 PM   #68
Guybo
Anonymous Proletariat

Guybo is still being judged by the masses

I bow before the altar of FIOS
Guybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2011, 08:13 PM   #69
Roadhog_
Sausages

Roadhog_ can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRoadhog_ can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

all bow down to my speed.
Roadhog_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2011, 08:44 PM   #70
ZeeM
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog_ View Post
all bow down to my speed.

This is awesome.

Takes me 6 years back
Old May 23, 2011, 12:11 AM   #71
CHIPS
The Overmind

CHIPS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCHIPS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Used to have 15MB/S. Decided to save that cash for gas instead.

"Humans in general are very self-interested, while expecting all other humans around them to be selfless."
"Sometimes, it is not about whatever you can do something or not. It is about, if you cannot do it, who else can?"
"A difficult task might stop you from getting it done. But it cannot stop you from trying your best."
"Who you hang out with is who you will become" "Do not act on feelings, but act on facts"
"It does not matter how other people sees you. What matters is how you see yourself." "Some pains are sharp, but short. Some pains are dull, but long."
"I killed you ten times with my knife and you killed me 13 times with a gun so I pwned you!" -Crawdaddy79
"Gorgeous white girls everywhere with that "I'M SOOO HOT AND YOU CAN'T HAVE ME" bullsh** attitude" -gts007
"If you wasn't in my way, I wouldn't have shot you" -Kamille Bidan, Zeta Gundam
"It is easy to give up. Anyone can do it. But I choose the hard path." -Beyond
"If women can't compete with video games for our attention its their problem, not ours." -sumpwa

Last edited by CHIPS : May 23, 2011 at 12:14 AM.
CHIPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2011, 03:26 AM   #72
OlderBudweiser
Rage3D Veteran

OlderBudweiser is still being judged by the masses

Finally i can show some decent numbers now . Do keep in mind i pay 135 $ for all this, including unlimited downloads, free phone during peek hours in 36 European countries and DTV.
OlderBudweiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2011, 03:50 AM   #73
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

10MB/s
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
(d) Must use fire.
Apocalypsee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2011, 03:25 PM   #74
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

I got this:

From my BlackBerry!
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2011, 05:18 PM   #75
Drakii
Grandmasta D

Drakii is still being judged by the masses

crappy
And, yes ladies..a really..really big weiner.
Drakii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2011, 06:56 AM   #76
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Athens Airport:

MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2011, 05:06 PM   #77
slick
Radeon Evergreen

slick can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyslick can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Verizon 4G LTE Wireless Hotspot connected to my laptop....

This is my DSL connection

Last edited by slick : May 30, 2011 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Added more results...
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2011, 08:39 AM   #78
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Yay! I got Fiber Optic!

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2011, 02:13 PM   #79
Tyler582
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Tyler582 is still being judged by the masses

We changed providers a month or two ago and this is my new connection. Bit better upload but took a huge cut in downstream bandwidth. If I bugged my rents I think they'd fork out the extra $10 a month for more speed but I can still torrent @ 1MB/sec and I'm the only one who uses the bandwidth heavily so I'm happy with the deal we are getting now. I still really wish we could see some higher competition like some of you guys seem to get in the states!

ASUS UL30-VT A1 13.3" Notebook w/64GB SSD
Tyler582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2011, 02:19 PM   #80
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Bow down to the power of FIOS!
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2011, 03:06 PM   #81
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Test 1

Getting quiker speeds than what im paying for, supposed to have their 15mb line.

Last edited by **G.I.BRO** : Jun 7, 2011 at 03:10 PM.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2011, 11:27 AM   #82
Jankan
Banged

Jankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Old Jun 8, 2011, 11:45 AM   #83
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post

Bow down to the power of FIOS!
I just moved to a town with FiOS so I now finally have it too. Quite an upgrade for me coming from Verizon DSL which was only 3Mb down. Getting similar speeds as you now and so far has been rock solid.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2011, 03:46 PM   #84
Jandar
Old Skool Hero

Jandar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJandar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I have Comcast Business Class 22/5, love the powerboost. Wished my uploads benefited lol...

Without speedboost:

Although, I do sustain speedboost up to about the first 50MB of a download, it helps.
Jandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2011, 04:06 PM   #85
lumpyhed
Radeon Arctic Islands

lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post

Yay! I got Fiber Optic!
End of the month and i should be getting similar
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2011, 05:48 PM   #86
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

They're offering 250Mbps here too but I don't think I care
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2011, 06:30 PM   #87
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badges

119 ms, 1.02 down, 1.46 up. This is an odd network.

Judging from the content filters and the ban on streaming media sites, I suspect the down is capped at 1Mbps.
Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64
HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

DaJMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2011, 05:03 PM   #88
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

This is what I am getting now with FiOS:

Very happy so far.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2011, 08:04 PM   #89
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

I upgraded to Road Runner's Extreme 30/5 service today.

However, I do not have a new modem yet and unfortunately (contrary to the reps advice and a wasted trip to their office) could not pick up a DOCSIS 3 modem (it's tech install only...bleh).

So I am stuck with my old Motorola 5100 getting this:

A tech is coming out tomorrow with my new modem.

*sigh*
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2011, 08:15 PM   #90
L4dd
Trollable

L4dd is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombStone View Post

Nine never seems to go bellow the top result. But, sometimes it can go higher as in the second result. I can't complain, it only cost me $40.00 U.S a month and no caps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Holy crap!