Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Dec 23, 2016, 10:09 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Default The Man in the High Castle

Anyone watch this? It's an Amazon Original, with Ridley Scott as one of the Exec Producers and based on the book by Phillip K. Dick. Only 2 seasons so far, but man what an amazing, gut-wrenching show.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2016, 10:12 AM   #2
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Haven't had a chance to start the second season yet, but I enjoyed the first one.
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2016, 11:53 AM   #3
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Saw season one and will watch season two next week.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 23, 2016, 04:08 PM   #4
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

books where something special to read, have't seen second season though

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2016, 04:14 PM   #5
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

season 2 up to episode 8

The hell is happening to the trade minister? is he hallucinating or dreaming?
Old Dec 25, 2016, 07:14 PM   #6
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Just started watching, At Episode 5 Season 1.
Nascar24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2016, 09:32 AM   #7
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
season 2 up to episode 8

The hell is happening to the trade minister? is he hallucinating or dreaming?
He physically traveled to the alternate timeline where the US won the war.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 12:14 PM   #8
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
He physically traveled to the alternate timeline where the US won the war.
How?
Old Dec 26, 2016, 12:38 PM   #9
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
How?
They don't explain it exactly, other than he meditates really hard. He physically disappears from his office, so it's not just in his mind. He's not the only one who can timeline-jump either. Anyway, this is all a huge clue as to where the films come from, I assume. Hopefully they'll make it more clear in Season 3.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 08:42 PM   #10
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Is season 2 any good? It seems like I watched the first ep and sorta "eh'ed" on it, but that was months ago.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 08:49 PM   #11
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZL View Post
Is season 2 any good? It seems like I watched the first ep and sorta "eh'ed" on it, but that was months ago.
Personally, I thought both seasons were excellent.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 08:51 PM   #12
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I've been meaning to start this series as I wait for Stranger Things S2 to come around. You know what .. I'm gonna throw Ep1 S1 on now. Thanks for reminding me man
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2017, 09:00 PM   #13
Skynet
Banned

Skynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZL View Post
Is season 2 any good?
Wasn't that good. If I knew what was up going in I would not have bothered.
Skynet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2019, 05:26 PM   #14
Nascar24

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Binged the 4th and final season over the weekend, thought it was alright, the ending as all endings always seem to leave a lot to be desired.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 10:01 AM   #15
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Binged the 4th and final season over the weekend, thought it was alright, the ending as all endings always seem to leave a lot to be desired.

yoz
Old Nov 18, 2019, 12:41 PM   #16
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

That's unfortunate. What is it about shows that can't wrap things up nicely? It seems like writers want to show their creativity by making endings be confusing, open-ended, and downright unsatisfying for the viewers.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 12:57 PM   #17
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I did not like how them men in the last season all suddenly became weak and dependent so we could have super women drive the narrative. But I guess in the end that was the only way the show could go?
It started so well, at least I like it. But S4 almost every strong male was replaced, side saddled or co-opted by a strong female so the world could become a better place. Oh and communism is good.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 04:20 PM   #18
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Just started this myself. On episode 5 of the first season. I thought this was something new but it's on season 4, meaning this is 4 years old? Could have sworn I saw advertisements for this "new" series not too long ago.

So without spoiling it for me, something I've been trying to figure out since episode 1.

What's the deal with the film? Is it "real" or is it just a movie someone shot to inspire the resistance?

I suspect it's "real" and this is some kind of alternate universe in which a "multiverse"/ "many worlds" angle is introduced later? Am I close or off base?

Again, if you can answer without spoiling that would be great. Or just say "Just watch it, stupid".

But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2019, 05:16 PM   #19
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Just watch it man
Old Nov 18, 2019, 06:50 PM   #20
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Just watch it man
Fair enough, but man that mystery is killing me.

Just don't tell me it doesn't get addressed until season 4, because that would just be ****.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 08:09 PM   #21
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Fair enough, but man that mystery is killing me.

Just don't tell me it doesn't get addressed until season 4, because that would just be ****.
It does get addressed and it's a cool explanation. Keep watching.

yoz
Old Nov 18, 2019, 08:10 PM   #22
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Just wait until Dr. Strange shows up. Man, what a mind-blower.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 08:37 PM   #23
Nascar24

Still like the premise of the show, It could be a standard drama and I would have still liked it in the what if scenario.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 11:20 PM   #24
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

On that ending

The you know who gets out of a sticky situation again in the most bullshit way. He has this plot setup behind scenes again that we never see for some reason, and pulls a rabbit out of his ass and somehow everyones on his side despite just killing the damn fuhrer.

Oh and that whole portal thing was a ****all nothing. Who the hell are all those people from the portal, what is even going on in that scene.

Are all those nazis in the US/berlin just going to somehow give up their arms for no reason now too? What.
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2019, 09:19 AM   #25
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerick View Post
On that ending

Oh and that whole portal thing was a ****all nothing. Who the hell are all those people from the portal, what is even going on in that scene.

Well, THAT part actually makes sense. In an infinite universe, there will be an infinite number of portals.... not just the one that this particular iteration of Nazis made. If the portals exist, they have to go somewhere. It was bound to happen that some of those other portals came to this reality instead of the other one they were concentrating on where the Allies won the war.

Now the source of that particular portal seems to be a peaceful place, and it seemed to be civilians wandering in. There were a lot of them... maybe in that reality they're basically colonizing.... getting away from some ugliness, perhaps, or just sightseeing... who can tell. It doesn't really matter... it just reinforces that this particular spec of the multiverse is just that... one of many possible realities and no more important than any others that we can't see.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2019, 01:55 AM   #26
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

So I got through the end of season 1. All I have to say is

I did suspect it was that particular fella all along, he just knew way too much. The mechanics behind his teleporting between worlds wasn't explained, curious to see how that manifests. Better be something rooted in actual science like maybe Everett's many worlds interpretation and not some magic BS.

Old Nov 20, 2019, 10:59 AM   #27
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
So I got through the end of season 1. All I have to say is

I did suspect it was that particular fella all along, he just knew way too much. The mechanics behind his teleporting between worlds wasn't explained, curious to see how that manifests. Better be something rooted in actual science like maybe Everett's many worlds interpretation and not some magic BS.

It kinda it, a sort of deep meditation. Someone else will learn to do it in later seasons.

yoz
Old Nov 21, 2019, 10:39 PM   #28
Deimos
Radeon Sea Islands

Deimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete stranger

I kinda lost interest after the first couple of eps in season 3, is it worth while watching to the end?

Mars:
Intel S2600CP4 | Dual Xeon E5-2670 (Octa core HT 3.3Ghz) | 64GB DDR3 ECC 1600Mhz | 2 x 120GB Vertex 3 SSD RAID 0 (OS) + 240GB Vertex 2 3.5" (VMs) | Intel RAID Module RMS25PB080 + 8 X 2TB WD RAID 5

Deimos on Steam
Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2019, 11:16 AM   #29
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Don't you want to know their big social messaging? You have to watch it to the end to know man!! That or read my previous spoiler tags
Old Nov 30, 2019, 02:20 AM   #30
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Hmm.... into the 7th episode of season 3, and this series has gotten incredibly dull and boring. So much ****ing talk. I understand dramas are the polar opposite of action films, but this drama is littered with slooow plot points and countless irrelevent subplots.

I found it strange that by episode 8 of season 2, nothing was really happening to progress the premise. The last 2 episodes of season 2 saved it, as those were good, but I see season 3 is doing the same damn **** again.

I'm now finding myself fast forwarding through the irrelevent plot points, like the lesbos that don't add anything. Was cool at first, now its just taking up time. Or that shop seller and his asian hooker fetish. Or that shitty resistance that aren't resisting any more.

Matter of fact the main plot point is razor thin, essentially the only thing worth watching are the reich marshall and chief inspector scenes. Everything else is just dull ass fluff. Which is a shame, because that premise of a "machine" to do what the travellers do naturally seems very interesting, but at episode 7 out of 10 is just a way too slow a burn.

Season 1 was the only good season so far. Season 4 better be an substantial uplift from what season 2 and 3 are.