Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Oct 21, 2020, 08:45 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

Jkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default Need a new car, don't really care for cars

Morning;

I'm getting ready to pawn off the 09 Hyundai Sonata GLS. 170,000 miles is a hell of a run. I mean it works and it passed inspection until 2022, but I'm long past the point that any major issue could wind up costing more than the value of the car to fix. My brother is a bit of an old car 'collector' and he's had interest in this being the new beater of the family.

So, I'm moving on. And, unlike many of you who post in these forums, I'm not really a fan of cars per se. Maybe its a class thing, as myself being on the lower end of the class scale, but a car is not a fun thing but something I don't want to hurt me financially. Not interested in large car payment, speed, fun, leather, cool factor, nothing. Its needs to ****ing start, keep me warm in the winter, take 15,000+ miles a year and ideally I'd like all of the lights to be easier to replace than my Sonata (lol third brake light)

To this end: the short list

Toyota Corolla (2016-2018): This is the top of the list, but only by virtue of personal experience. I drove a rental version of this car from in a 1000 mile business trip in 2019, with my boss riding passenger and a decent amount of luggage. I was super impressed all around with this thing. To me, there was nothing it didn't do well, from the drive, to space and even features.

Toyota Yaris (2014-2017): I've always wanted a hatchback. This is one of the highest rated of the past 10 years as far as lack of complaints. And really, considering my first car was a 1995 Mercury Sable Wagon, EVERYTHING ELSE IS GOOD (lol).

And basically thats it. I'm willing to take suggestions on small cars from 2015-2017, Chevy Spark, Sonic, Fiesta, Fit. If you have experience, please let me know. I'm not looking at sedans bc although my Sonata has treated me like a prince, its a lot of wasted space for just myself and GF.

I should add that my budget is 10,000 to 13,00. I will be putting 5,000 down on the car.

Last edited by Jkmetal23 : Oct 21, 2020 at 09:22 AM.
Jkmetal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2020, 09:04 AM   #2
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Yaris' are pretty small, even compared to a Corolla. Corolla's are great cars, really can't go wrong with that. I've had a Corolla loaner in the not too distant past, and for an point A to B car it's definitely one.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2020, 09:14 AM   #3
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Have you also considered a Mazda3 hatchback? Something like:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...2389/overview/
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 21, 2020, 09:21 AM   #4
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

Jkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
Have you also considered a Mazda3 hatchback? Something like:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...2389/overview/

I have. My father had a Mazda 626 when I was a kid (he kept it until 2016 when the frame rotted out).

The prices are not awful, but I don't have any personal experience and I'm not certain how reliable these cars are, as some of fords small cars from the last 10 years have had serious transmission issues.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 09:37 AM   #5
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

+1 for Corolla. 170,000 miles on a Corolla is just breaking it in.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 09:39 AM   #6
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
+1 for Corolla. 170,000 miles on a Corolla is just breaking it in.

I guess.... 170.000 is a lot for any car.

I'm leaning heavily corolla but the hatchback idea is in my head now.... Idk what I'd even do with one different...
Old Oct 21, 2020, 09:43 AM   #7
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkmetal23 View Post
I guess.... 170.000 is a lot for any car.

I'm leaning heavily corolla but the hatchback idea is in my head now.... Idk what I'd even do with one different...
Find yourself a Scion IM or a Corolla IM, and get the best of both worlds (a Corolla hatchback!)

Scion iM only came in 2016 cuz the Scion brand died afterwards and then got incorporated into the Toyota lineup and renamed to Corolla IM. Corolla iM is in 2017 and 2018 before the 2019 redesign was replaced by a Corolla Hatcback.

The advantage of a Scion im is that it IS a Corolla (despite its name) and can be had pretty cheaply. it doesnt have any of the safety systems the newer cars have either (those came in 2017+) so its purely basic transportation.

I have one and I like it. Its bigger than a Yaris, it gets great gas mileage, its a little bit smaller inside than a Corolla sedan (shorter wheelbase i think?), interior is the same as the corolla, powertrain is the same as corolla. so yeah its a corolla hatchback lol.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset

Last edited by Sasquach : Oct 21, 2020 at 09:53 AM.
Sasquach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2020, 09:58 AM   #8
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
I have. My father had a Mazda 626 when I was a kid (he kept it until 2016 when the frame rotted out).

The prices are not awful, but I don't have any personal experience and I'm not certain how reliable these cars are, as some of fords small cars from the last 10 years have had serious transmission issues.
https://www.mazda3forums.com/threads...262153/page-11
Old Oct 21, 2020, 10:38 AM   #9
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
Find yourself a Scion IM or a Corolla IM, and get the best of both worlds (a Corolla hatchback!)

Scion iM only came in 2016 cuz the Scion brand died afterwards and then got incorporated into the Toyota lineup and renamed to Corolla IM. Corolla iM is in 2017 and 2018 before the 2019 redesign was replaced by a Corolla Hatcback.

The advantage of a Scion im is that it IS a Corolla (despite its name) and can be had pretty cheaply. it doesnt have any of the safety systems the newer cars have either (those came in 2017+) so its purely basic transportation.

I have one and I like it. Its bigger than a Yaris, it gets great gas mileage, its a little bit smaller inside than a Corolla sedan (shorter wheelbase i think?), interior is the same as the corolla, powertrain is the same as corolla. so yeah its a corolla hatchback lol.

I'll keep that in mind, especially if I like the price. I looked at the Corolla IM but the price premium compared to other models was a bit of a turn off.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 10:56 AM   #10
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

I just had a stupid: Scion IQ looks cute. I'd probably be better off hitting myself in the balls again and again than getting one of those.

Scion IM looks good, harder to find. Corolla IM that I have seen are a bit above what I want.

Mazda 3 is now on the radar! I forgot to mention that in highschool I had a Mazda Protege that I totaled. (Like in 2005). So.... that brings back memories.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 11:09 AM   #11
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Old Oct 21, 2020, 08:12 PM   #12
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

That Mazda3 looks so sleek! What a nice design.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2020, 09:10 PM   #13
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Mazdas are reliable nice cars, at least from my experience. Had a 929 when i was young -.-

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it" *Robin Williams*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2020, 09:18 PM   #14
Notbilly
not here

Notbilly is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
... and ideally I'd like all of the lights to be easier to replace than my Sonata (lol third brake light)
I have a 2008 Mazda 3 which I love, and I will someday replace with another Mazda 3, most likely. I'm very attached to that line of cars.

However, I gotta admit that they are a pain in the ass to work on for a lot of the little DIY fixes (replacing headlights, cabin air filters, etc.).

Toyota does a much better job at making the simple jobs simple.
Notbilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2020, 11:28 PM   #15
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

The Mazda 3 looks fantastic.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2020, 12:08 AM   #16
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

'11 corolla here. absolutely *******g bulletproof. last time i talked to my mechanic about the "new" corollas was several years ago and he was saying they aren't as good now but maybe the latest gen is bulletproof as well...
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2020, 12:49 AM   #17
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Get a Corolla but ensure interior is not falling apart or has discoloration.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2020, 02:18 AM   #18
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

yep.

i like how mine has pushbutton start. it might be common now but even so a ton of cheaper cars now dont have it from what i've seen.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 08:13 AM   #19
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
The Mazda 3 looks fantastic.

I like the look.... I feel like I have my heart set on the corolla for some reason. I should be more flexible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
'11 corolla here. absolutely *******g bulletproof. last time i talked to my mechanic about the "new" corollas was several years ago and he was saying they aren't as good now but maybe the latest gen is bulletproof as well...

As far as I know the new ones have CVT trans. Nissan had issues with their CVT transmissions and they were suspect industry wide for a while. Now, I think that the 2016 and later corolla with the CVT has enough years and miles to be reliable, as far as that goes.

I did think about focusing on finding a corolla with the 4 speed auto....
Old Oct 22, 2020, 08:54 AM   #20
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Mazda is very reliable, good warranty and way more fun to drive than a Corolla, IMHO.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2020, 10:16 AM   #21
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
I like the look.... I feel like I have my heart set on the corolla for some reason. I should be more flexible.

As far as I know the new ones have CVT trans. Nissan had issues with their CVT transmissions and they were suspect industry wide for a while. Now, I think that the 2016 and later corolla with the CVT has enough years and miles to be reliable, as far as that goes.

I did think about focusing on finding a corolla with the 4 speed auto....
Its only the Nissan CVT's that were trash (and early Minis).

The Toyota CVTs are fine. They're made in-house more or less by their Aisin transmission company. Nissan sources theirs from a company called Jatco. Toyota has been using CVT's in the Prius forever and as far as i know they haven't had any real issues.

My main problem with CVT's is that they completely suck any semblence of entertainment out of the car.
In terms of entertainment value on a scale of 1-10, a manual would be a 8-10, an auto trans somewhere between 5-7 (conventional or dual clutch) and CVT's are 0.

I think Toyota offered 4 speeds for awhile on the 2014-2016 (dont remember the year range) era corollas, but only with the really base cars that were destined for rental fleets.
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM

Last edited by Sasquach : Oct 22, 2020 at 10:21 AM.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 11:10 AM   #22
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I wouldn't be afraid of the CVT, Toyota makes good ones and you're not looking for a fun car anyways, so CVT would be ideal for you.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2020, 11:12 AM   #23
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
Its only the Nissan CVT's that were trash (and early Minis).

The Toyota CVTs are fine. They're made in-house more or less by their Aisin transmission company. Nissan sources theirs from a company called Jatco. Toyota has been using CVT's in the Prius forever and as far as i know they haven't had any real issues.

My main problem with CVT's is that they completely suck any semblence of entertainment out of the car.
In terms of entertainment value on a scale of 1-10, a manual would be a 8-10, an auto trans somewhere between 5-7 (conventional or dual clutch) and CVT's are 0.

I think Toyota offered 4 speeds for awhile on the 2014-2016 (dont remember the year range) era corollas, but only with the really base cars that were destined for rental fleets.

I did see a few 2014s and 2016 with 4 speeds.

So, I'm pretty set on either the corolla or mazda 3.

Now I have to contend with current used car prices. This is making me think very dark thoughts about car dealerships, sales people, the selfishness of other human beings and how shitty everything is. Now I remember why I held onto my old car for so long....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I wouldn't be afraid of the CVT, Toyota makes good ones and you're not looking for a fun car anyways, so CVT would be ideal for you.

I didn't mind the CVT on the Corolla rental car I drove and it seems fine. I'm just wary of Nissan CVTs, as the market is full of Nissan versas with questionable transmissions.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 11:42 AM   #24
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Now I have to contend with current used car prices.
Yeah, they seem to be up substantially for most cars that I've looked into.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2020, 11:59 AM   #25
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Mazda is very reliable, good warranty and way more fun to drive than a Corolla, IMHO.
same here, but to be honest, the Corollas are almost indestructible, you have to give em that. Personally, i'd get a Mazda, but that's because of my taste, not that they are superior on the tech side.

"You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it" *Robin Williams*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2020, 12:07 PM   #26
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
same here, but to be honest, the Corollas are almost indestructible, you have to give em that. Personally, i'd get a Mazda, but that's because of my taste, not that they are superior on the tech side.
Agreed.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2020, 02:58 PM   #27
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

They can be indestructible. Always worth checking reviews and long term reports for a given model year or series. Even Corolla's have model years/series you want to avoid.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2020, 03:36 PM   #28
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
They can be indestructible. Always worth checking reviews and long term reports for a given model year or series. Even Corolla's have model years/series you want to avoid.

I've been checking on car complaints.com. Nothing bad or good regarding the 2017-2018 corolla's yet. 2016 is rated as good.

I reluctantly put the Honda Civic on the list. Why not? If there is a deal I'll take it.

Considering the Hyundai Elantra... Need to check the years tho.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 04:59 PM   #29
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
this is my thinking. ours gets a little lurchy sometimes when pulling off from a dead stop. thats really the only thing. overtaking at highway speeds is very adequate.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 06:00 PM   #30
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
I've been checking on car complaints.com. Nothing bad or good regarding the 2017-2018 corolla's yet. 2016 is rated as good.

I reluctantly put the Honda Civic on the list. Why not? If there is a deal I'll take it.

Considering the Hyundai Elantra... Need to check the years tho.
Honda fit might be worth checking out. I used to have a 2015 model. Its a small car like the yaris but the packaging is wizardry. Its best attributes were the interior space and the gas mileage. I think its probably one of the absolute best subcompact cars out there.
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM