Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 19, 2019, 08:59 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default Amid Evil (FPS)

Anyone not know about this game? I followed it on Steam a year or so ago and have enjoyed reading all the updates... needless to day I got sucked into the hype and bought it today. It's to be released from Early Access tomorrrow.

All the Early Access players are raving about it and the GIFs look really cool.

Noticed there isn't a thread about it so I made one. I plan on putting significant time into it tonight.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/673130/AMID_EVIL/

Quote:
About This Game

The producers of DUSK and the creators of Return of the Triad invite you to embark
upon an UNREAL new FPS adventure:

SEVEN distinct episodes each featuring a completely different setting and enemies
LUDICROUS magical weaponry that can be overcharged with the souls of the dead
ENDLESS Hordes of Evil to hone your skills against
BRUTAL and adaptive enemy AI that will hunt you down on land, sea and air
SPRAWLING non-linear levels filled with secrets and ancient lore
MULTITUDES of in-game options + cheat codes for a truly golden PC age experience
EPIC original & dynamic soundtrack composed by Andrew Hulshult
BUILT in Unreal Engine 4 for cutting edge visuals (even if they are a bit retro)
OPTIMIZED to run on a toaster (a pretty nice toaster)

Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:07 PM   #2
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

After playing for about an hour, I have determined that you guys should seriously consider getting this game.

Superb level design and creative weapons. It's easy to tell this was inspired by Heretic... They did a great job.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 08:43 AM   #3
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

This game looks trippy. Added to wishlist.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 21, 2019, 09:47 AM   #4
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

On wish list.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2019, 12:13 PM   #5
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Wow reminds me of one of my old favorites Hexen I think it was!

On list!
Old Jun 22, 2019, 07:06 AM   #6
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Just bought & played it for the first time last night... this game is the real deal.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 08:37 AM   #7
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
Just bought & played it for the first time last night... this game is the real deal.
Did it give you a Chubzy?
Old Jun 22, 2019, 08:43 AM   #8
saumilsingh
Radeon Northern Islands

saumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete stranger

Gmanlives did 3 videos on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo7X7b6pPng
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_th3Qeew7-Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-xCvCCmuU0 (Final Review)

Imo, he's the closest we have to a TotalBiscuit replacement.
saumilsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2019, 10:34 AM   #9
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
Agreed. I've played other retro shooters that seemed to capitalize (?) on retro graphics but the gameplay was boring and repetitive or ridiculously difficult.

Amid Evil manages to capture my curiosity as I move around each level. Each level is significantly different from each other and I think that's what's been missing from most other games.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 11:08 AM   #10
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post

On list!
that's the first thing I thought of. Hexen was so much fun. the levels seem way more open though than what I remember of Hexen..
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2019, 04:49 PM   #11
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post

On list!
Have you done Hexen on doomsday engine?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2019, 01:02 PM   #12
howard stern
Radeon Northern Islands

howard stern can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyhoward stern can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

My son showed me this game last night he loves it.
howard stern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2019, 03:12 PM   #13
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Looks like a lot of fun, just wish it was co-op multiplayer. I had some great days playing Hexen/Heretic all the way through with some buddies.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2019, 04:31 PM   #14
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Have you done Hexen on doomsday engine?
I have not. I tried to get Hexen running when I found and old install CD some years back but I forget what went wrong and I got distracted by other things and forgot about it till now.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 10:31 PM   #15
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Finished. The Void (last episode) was much more difficult than the other episodes. I thought The Forges had the most difficult enemies until I got to the Void levels. FFS they had one enemy that if they hit you with their projectile, you would teleport to them and get mauled. Only 70% health or above would be capable of escaping, but even then it's better to reload. Quickloading takes about 1.2 seconds.

Overall, Amid Evil is mostly badass.